Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

447 Pages « < 222 223 224 225 226 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Tint Advice - V2, Raytech, Vkool, Huper Optic, 3M or .....

views

dauf87
post Jun 26 2018, 10:00 PM

On my way
569 posts

QUOTE(wyshin88 @ Jun 26 2018, 09:58 AM)
Hi, if just looking at the spec above, TSER is a more accurate way in judging the heat rejection. For a "dark" tint (38%VLT), usually can achieve above 60%TSER (Total Solar Energy Rejection), however the above Llumar tint can only achieve 58%. Take for example VKool 30 VKool 30 TSER is 66%

As for the unlimited film replacement option that the installer is giving you, as a car owner I wouldn't want that as removing the tint on the back windscreen will damage the demister, and even the front windscreen when you remove a tint, it will rip off the side black frame making it looks ugly. Side windows are still okay but after removal, needs to do proper cleaning to remove the existing tint glue.
Thanks for the info!

Ya it looks like the V-Kool has a better feature tint.

I'm gonna choose a 38% VLT tint for my car, so having an option to be covered for saman JPJ & replacement of film (if anything happen) is a good one. I'm not sure whether other tint manufacturer offer the same options for their VLT 30+% tint.
wyshin88
post Jun 27 2018, 09:50 AM

Getting Started
105 posts

QUOTE(dauf87 @ Jun 26 2018, 10:00 PM)
Thanks for the info!

Ya it looks like the V-Kool has a better feature tint.

I'm gonna choose a 38% VLT tint for my car, so having an option to be covered for  saman JPJ & replacement of film (if anything happen) is a good one. I'm not sure whether other tint manufacturer offer the same options for their VLT 30+% tint.
As far as I know, VKool does not offer the option for JPJ saman and free replacement of tint. They say do it at your own risk.
I'm V-Kool
post Jun 27 2018, 12:35 PM

Getting Started
286 posts

QUOTE(wyshin88 @ Jun 27 2018, 10:50 AM)
As far as I know, VKool does not offer the option for JPJ saman and free replacement of tint. They say do it at your own risk.
We only offer JPJ saman on the JPJ Compliance Specification which is 70/50/30
However, do not not warranty on PUSPAKOM inspection
alexkoi
post Jun 27 2018, 03:08 PM

2 posts

For crystalline

Cr 70 - VLT 68%
Cr 60 - VLT 61%
Crs 40 - VLT 39%

Actually both 60 and 70 also less than 70% which compliant.

I am worry that the gap between Cr70 and Crs 40 will trigger them about the non-compliant issue. On the other hand, i also worry that cr60 looked dark and trigger it as well.

Anyone can give me some advise on it?
jasonho
post Jun 27 2018, 04:06 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(alexkoi @ Jun 26 2018, 08:48 PM)
Hi All,

There is a 3m authorised dealer offer me crystalline 60 solar film for front windscreen, crystaline 40 solar film for rear, and crystaline scoctshield 40 security film for the side (4 sides).

May i know whether the above spec is too dark? Will kena jpj or traffic police kacau during the road block?
The dealer i asked in Kepong said if i apply Crytsaline 60 and below, they will not guarantee on JPJ saman or something. Only if you apply Crystaline 70, they will guarantee. Which dealer you went to?

jasonho
post Jun 27 2018, 04:06 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(alexkoi @ Jun 26 2018, 08:48 PM)
Hi All,

There is a 3m authorised dealer offer me crystalline 60 solar film for front windscreen, crystaline 40 solar film for rear, and crystaline scoctshield 40 security film for the side (4 sides).

May i know whether the above spec is too dark? Will kena jpj or traffic police kacau during the road block?
How much package you getting?

This post has been edited by jasonho: Jun 27 2018, 04:10 PM
jamespaul
post Jun 27 2018, 04:58 PM

Getting Started
211 posts

QUOTE(jasonho @ Jun 27 2018, 04:06 PM)
The dealer i asked in Kepong said if i apply Crytsaline 60 and below, they will not guarantee on JPJ saman or something. Only if you apply Crystaline 70, they will guarantee. Which dealer you went to?
JPJ saman they surely will guarantee. But PUSPAKOM when come time to sell your car, sure fail

Not many companies in Malaysia offer top range tint for the front windscreen.

VLT of 70,50, 30 tint for car is 100% PUSPAKOM fail!

the right number for 100% pass is VLT of 90 (front), 70 (front side) and 50 (rear)

Why they say okay to JPJ? Thats because JPJ rarely check, where as PUSPAKOM when transfer owner (during selling), 100% check

bpay14
post Jun 27 2018, 06:09 PM

On my way
557 posts

QUOTE(Lord Gitsy @ Jun 25 2018, 10:35 PM)
Hi bro, Raytech Tinting has designed a special warranty card system to make sure our customer purchased a genuine Raytech product. Raytech principle only distribute limited amount of Standard Warranty card and Hologram Product Label Stickers along with the stock ordering by each Raytech Authorized Licensed dealer.

user posted image

We have only one type of standard warranty card. You must make sure you received this standard Raytech warranty card and two (2) pieces of Hologram Product Label Sticker are pasted inside the card, one sticker is the product code for front windscreen and the second one is product code for the rest of the windows.

This warranty card is important to protect our customer interest. You will fail to claim the product warranty , if you unable to present the standard warranty card or the label stickers are not pasted inside. On the other hand, by carrying the standard warranty card with you, you are able to claim your warranty in any Raytech Authorized Dealer in whole nation smile.gif
that means i have to witness the staff open box and take the label paste on the warranty card rite?
what i did just leave my car there and come back few hrs later...
not that i not trust them, but if they paste a different one on my windows already, i have no idea how to check also rite hmm.gif
xavier1782
post Jun 27 2018, 06:46 PM

Casual
379 posts

QUOTE(jamespaul @ Jun 27 2018, 04:58 PM)
JPJ saman they surely will guarantee. But PUSPAKOM when come time to sell your car, sure fail

the right number for 100% pass is VLT of 90 (front), 70 (front side) and 50 (rear)

Why they say okay to JPJ? Thats because JPJ rarely check, where as PUSPAKOM when transfer owner (during selling), 100% check
why jpj n puspakom have different requirements ?? rclxub.gif
ZeneticX
post Jun 27 2018, 06:58 PM

stars for what
All Stars
11,768 posts

3M Crystalline 40 vs Scotchshield 40

both same spec just with additional thickness for security. Is it worth to get the security film? I heard its not worth it because if a thief have enough time and determination he is gonna break your window in the end anyway

This post has been edited by ZeneticX: Jun 27 2018, 07:09 PM
Lord Gitsy
post Jun 27 2018, 11:15 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(bpay14 @ Jun 27 2018, 06:09 PM)
that means i have to witness the staff open box and take the label paste on the warranty card rite?
what i did just leave my car there and come back few hrs later...
not that i not trust them, but if they paste a different one on my windows already, i have no idea how to check also rite hmm.gif
No bro. You just have to make sure you get the original warranty card after purchased. On the warranty card, there will have 2 columns to paste the Hologram barcode stickers. One column is for tinted film on front windscreen, another column is for tinted film on other windows. These hologram stickers are control items and limited issued by Raytech HQ to our dealer shop according to films ordered. So with this you can confirm your purchased tinted film is the Genuine Raytech product. Please report to us if you don't received warranty card as mentioned above. TQ smile.gif
I'm V-Kool
post Jun 28 2018, 08:08 AM

Getting Started
286 posts

QUOTE(jamespaul @ Jun 27 2018, 05:58 PM)

You got the point here considering some of car windows originally had about 10-20% of VLT
bpay14
post Jun 28 2018, 10:00 AM

On my way
557 posts

QUOTE(Lord Gitsy @ Jun 27 2018, 11:15 PM)
No bro. You just have to make sure you get the original warranty card after purchased. On the warranty card, there will have 2 columns to paste the Hologram barcode stickers. One column is for tinted film on front windscreen, another column is for tinted film on other windows. These hologram stickers are control items and limited issued by Raytech HQ to our dealer shop according to films ordered. So with this you can confirm your purchased tinted film is the Genuine Raytech product. Please report to us if you don't received warranty card as mentioned above. TQ smile.gif
yes i get what you mean. and i do have the warranty card with the hologram stickers..

what i mean is... the real physical tint that pasted on my windows may not come from the type that match with the hologram stickers right?
this is purely based on human trust to the shop & people in there. hahaha...

no worries, no issue at all.. i'm just raising up the possibility for small discussion..
i believe Raytech is a major brand in tint industry and you all will have QA to maintain their reputation.. thumbsup.gif
jchong
post Jun 28 2018, 03:00 PM

5,989 posts

QUOTE(bpay14 @ Jun 28 2018, 10:00 AM)
yes i get what you mean. and i do have the warranty card with the hologram stickers..

what i mean is... the real physical tint that pasted on my windows may not come from the type that match with the hologram stickers right?
this is purely based on human trust to the shop & people in there. hahaha...

no worries, no issue at all.. i'm just raising up the possibility for small discussion..
i believe Raytech is a major brand in tint industry and you all will have QA to maintain their reputation..  thumbsup.gif
Yes, it would be based on trust in the shop and the workers. It's the same for any other brand of tint.

I guess that's why people advise to go to authorised dealer and get all the warranty cards. Because in worst case scenario can still go back to the master dealer and claim in case of problem.
Petercwy
post Jun 28 2018, 03:49 PM

0 posts

Anyone can give advise on Llumar Crystal 6, Diamond 6 and Raytech FX?
jamespaul
post Jun 28 2018, 03:51 PM

Getting Started
211 posts

QUOTE(xavier1782 @ Jun 27 2018, 06:46 PM)
why jpj n puspakom have different requirements ?? rclxub.gif
They have the same requirements!

Just that, JPJ only check via enforcement, PUSPAKOM is 100% mandatory.

So, If you buy a brand new car, spend RM3000 on top range tint, when come time to sell, you will need to throw away the tint before the new owner gets the car.

Tint resellers in Malaysia wont tell you that PUSPAKOM will almost certain fail you if you put 70%, 50% and 30% tint on your car.

That's because the glass for your car from factory is not 100% clear, around 10-30% tinted. Which means, even if you tint 70% VLT for the front windshield, you are getting around 50% VLT, and PUSPAKOM will fail you, and tear off your tint.

ZeneticX
post Jun 28 2018, 04:24 PM

stars for what
All Stars
11,768 posts

QUOTE(jamespaul @ Jun 28 2018, 03:51 PM)
They have the same requirements!

Just that, JPJ only check via enforcement, PUSPAKOM is 100% mandatory.

So, If you buy a brand new car, spend RM3000 on top range tint, when come time to sell, you will need to throw away the tint before the new owner gets the car.

Tint resellers in Malaysia wont tell you that PUSPAKOM will almost certain fail you if you put 70%, 50% and 30% tint on your car.

That's because the glass for your car from factory is not 100% clear, around 10-30% tinted. Which means, even if you tint 70% VLT for the front windshield, you are getting around 50% VLT, and PUSPAKOM will fail you, and tear off your tint.
There's a post few pages back where a guy sent his car to PUSPAKOM for checking and it passed despite the VLT levels being lower.

here. That's no where near to 90, 70, 50. Link is still alive if the picture is not shown
QUOTE(Beach_Boy @ Jun 5 2018, 11:58 PM)
puspakom checks all the window (except for that small triangle part)
here's the report from a very recent inspection, front crystalline 70, side 50,(the tint's 8 year old already though)

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

dont ask me why/how, i also dont know tongue.gif
This post has been edited by ZeneticX: Jun 28 2018, 04:28 PM
Petercwy
post Jun 28 2018, 04:29 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Lord Gitsy @ Jun 27 2018, 11:15 PM)
Can I know where is your shop located?
Jacks123
post Jun 28 2018, 09:57 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

Anyone try on IrisPro UV420 tint? I got quote from the dealer for full car tint RM2000.Specification wise seems like better than 3M crystalline just that there is not much review on the internet.
user posted image
kkk8787
post Jun 28 2018, 10:41 PM

Julyd8th
2,446 posts

What you guys think of cannycool tint le

447 Pages « < 222 223 224 225 226 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0222sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:02 AM