Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Car Tint Advice - V2, Raytech, Vkool, Huper Optic, 3M or .....

views

Lord Gitsy
post Jun 25 2018, 10:35 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(xavier1782 @ Jun 25 2018, 11:38 AM)
Hi there sifus, how to verify if the raytech tint is genuine ? going to install tomorrow. Thanks
Hi bro, Raytech Tinting has designed a special warranty card system to make sure our customer purchased a genuine Raytech product. Raytech principle only distribute limited amount of Standard Warranty card and Hologram Product Label Stickers along with the stock ordering by each Raytech Authorized Licensed dealer.

user posted image

We have only one type of standard warranty card. You must make sure you received this standard Raytech warranty card and two (2) pieces of Hologram Product Label Sticker are pasted inside the card, one sticker is the product code for front windscreen and the second one is product code for the rest of the windows.

This warranty card is important to protect our customer interest. You will fail to claim the product warranty , if you unable to present the standard warranty card or the label stickers are not pasted inside. On the other hand, by carrying the standard warranty card with you, you are able to claim your warranty in any Raytech Authorized Dealer in whole nation smile.gif

Lord Gitsy
post Jun 27 2018, 11:15 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(bpay14 @ Jun 27 2018, 06:09 PM)
that means i have to witness the staff open box and take the label paste on the warranty card rite?
what i did just leave my car there and come back few hrs later...
not that i not trust them, but if they paste a different one on my windows already, i have no idea how to check also rite hmm.gif
No bro. You just have to make sure you get the original warranty card after purchased. On the warranty card, there will have 2 columns to paste the Hologram barcode stickers. One column is for tinted film on front windscreen, another column is for tinted film on other windows. These hologram stickers are control items and limited issued by Raytech HQ to our dealer shop according to films ordered. So with this you can confirm your purchased tinted film is the Genuine Raytech product. Please report to us if you don't received warranty card as mentioned above. TQ smile.gif
Lord Gitsy
post Jun 30 2018, 12:40 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(bpay14 @ Jun 28 2018, 10:00 AM)
yes i get what you mean. and i do have the warranty card with the hologram stickers..

what i mean is... the real physical tint that pasted on my windows may not come from the type that match with the hologram stickers right?
this is purely based on human trust to the shop & people in there. hahaha...

no worries, no issue at all.. i'm just raising up the possibility for small discussion..
i believe Raytech is a major brand in tint industry and you all will have QA to maintain their reputation..  thumbsup.gif
Hi bro, thanks for your message. Due to tinted film is only a piece of transparent film which don't have any identity to show what the spec is, so Raytech developed this warranty card with Hologram Bar-code stickers system to ensure our customer receive the correct product after purchased. Actually Raytech HQ can trace back which tinted film you purchased through the bar-code in our system. Customer can also visit back to our shop to have a solar power meter testing if suspect they don't receive the correct product. We instructed our staffs or dealers to follow this standard procedure and maybe not perfect but at least have some basic protection for our customer to get the right product. That's why chose a Genuine window film brand product is much important smile.gif

Lord Gitsy
post Jul 6 2018, 11:24 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(Str33tBoY @ Jul 5 2018, 11:14 AM)
Anione using Raytech Tint like more den 5 years and above...
What's ur experience?
As i personally went for mid high-end tinted,like cs70/cs75 something...
Feel like d performance drop kinda lot when 3rd year...
And now 5th d car feels damn hot...

Getting a new car soon,so thinking which other option can i go for...
Dear customer, we appreciate your feedback and would like to invite you visit our shop to have a solar power meter testing. Please bring along your warranty card and our service consultant will assist you in this case. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. TQ smile.gif
Lord Gitsy
post Jul 17 2018, 11:46 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(Harrylbr @ Jul 17 2018, 08:32 AM)
Hi, I already put tint on my car. The boss told me that it was 50% 35% 35% 35% and will be darker than my previous car(most of my family car also tinted by him).
But to me its still look clear inside.
Any KL/selangor tinted shop got make cheap tinted to just apply 2nd layer for it look not clear inside my car?
Yes bro, VLT 35% still able to look clear inside. You can find the black tinted which is not expensive for 2nd layer at most of the tinted shop. Price range around RM150-300. I suggest you can go back the same shop because if any problem happen on tinted you still can claim warranty with them smile.gif

This post has been edited by Lord Gitsy: Jul 17 2018, 11:47 PM
Lord Gitsy
post Aug 12 2018, 11:27 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(siomi @ Aug 12 2018, 11:14 PM)
Most highway is going to implement RFID as replacement for smart tag soon, is VKOOL/HO RFID friendly?
Touch ‘n Go is introducing RFID as a new electronic toll payment system that uses a sticker to pass through toll. The RFID sticker, also called an RFID tag, is embedded with a radio frequency chip and is affixed to either the windscreen or the headlamp of the vehicle. It can only be registered with and installed on one vehicle. As the vehicle passes through toll, an overhead scanner reads the radio-frequency from the RFID sticker and charges the toll fare. The sticker will be linked to the Touch ‘n Go eWallet from which the fare will be deducted from.

Above info taken from TouchNGo website.

Based on above information, I think RFID detection should be friendly for tinted film. RFID scanner reads the radio-frequency from RFID stickers while Smartag detection is based on infrared communication that communicated with infrared transceivers mounted at the ceilings of toll plazas. Smartag detection problem mostly happened on the tinted film which has highest IRR rejection (IRR>95%) smile.gif
Lord Gitsy
post Aug 15 2018, 10:01 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(rikuseo @ Aug 15 2018, 12:54 PM)
I got into a scam in Kepong tint shop, please refer to the thread.
Need to get more people aware of the shop.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4638034
Hi bro, sorry to hear about the case happened on you. It seem like this issue still keep happening although Raytech has officially made a police report on this company about their scam business in June. The opponent One World Tinting was ignored our charges and still continue their business way by selling fake Raytech products. We hope this news should spread to more people around to alert more customers in the future.

If you need any assistant from Raytech, you can PM us anytime. We're glad to assist you.

QUOTE(Lord Gitsy @ Jun 23 2018, 04:38 PM)
All Lowyat member, pls be aware of this fishy One World Tinting Sdn Bhd. This shop is not authorized dealer or having any business relationship with Raytech Films. They have violent the brand and name of Raytech Films. Selling fake products with low price to their customer.

P/S : We also can find this One World Tinting company name in VKool, Solar Gard, Llumar and 3M dealer list.

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
Lord Gitsy
post Aug 16 2018, 10:15 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(jchong @ Aug 16 2018, 11:26 AM)
Yeah, KPDNKK is the correct agency. However in the case of fake or counterfeit goods usually KPDNKK also needs the brand owner to be involved. Those cases reported in newspaper before, where KPDNKK seizes CD, software, etc... mostly involved the brand owner. Brand owner has to get a lawyer to obtain a Trade Description Order from court, give order to KPDNKK and they will send the enforcement team to do the seizure.

@Lord Gitsy, so just putting in a police report might not be enough. If you're really serious then might have to take the time, effort and money to take the steps above.
Thanks for your suggestion bro. I will bring this information for Raytech's management and let them decide what to do in next step smile.gif
Lord Gitsy
post Aug 16 2018, 10:51 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(EthanHans @ Aug 16 2018, 04:07 PM)
what came out? Raytech quoted me RM 2.9k for specs almost same (slightly better oni) as Hamel and Haverkamp.  sweat.gif but the price is 2x.

which spec you took for raytech and the price?
Hi bro, I believe the RM2.9k for the highest spec still can be negotiable. Actually spec on paper cannot prove anything, the most important you have to visit the shop test the product with solar meter personally and observe the performance of tinted in 5 to 7 years smile.gif

Please watch below video to understand more about tips to choose a good window film:

Lord Gitsy
post Aug 27 2018, 12:09 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(perky @ Aug 26 2018, 06:15 PM)
Hi guys, the quote that i got for a bmw x1 are as follows:

Raytech RC Series with Ultra70: RM2,300

3M Crystalline70 with Crystalline40: RM2,900

3M Crystalline70 with Scotchshield Crystalline40:RM3,100

What do u guys think of the price? Which one would you guys go for?
Hi bro, if you wanna go for Raytech RC series, make sure you go for Raytech RC Black (VLT38%) with Ultra 70 in this comparison. All of these are good products in the window film market in term of durability and performance. The detection of Smartag also another thing you need to consider smile.gif
Lord Gitsy
post Aug 27 2018, 11:20 PM

6 posts

Good news rclxms.gif After 1st of September, tinted film is not subject to SST charges. Customer please take note smile.gif

user posted image
Lord Gitsy
post Aug 30 2018, 12:49 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(mw1980 @ Aug 29 2018, 05:41 PM)
No offence to Raytech seller/ users, but based on my past experience on 2 different cars with Raytech film cost 1.2k & 1.5k respectively (Forget the model, but non security, both done in Raytech Seri Kembangan), the heat rejection is crap after 1-1.5 year. My family/ other passengers complain duno how many times already. All thought I save money use cheaplak film.

I won't consider it anymore in the future, said USA brand but can't find any info/ evidence, more like OEM, rather spend on 3M/ LLumar.
Hi bro, for this issue, you can send your car back to our workshop to test the solar meter first. From the price you paid, I believe it's our medium range product. Our sales consultant will check it and solve your problem. Meanwhile, please PM me your contact number so our consultant in Seri Kembangan can contact you directly.

Sorry no offence here, Raytech is selling genuine USA product and the evidence you can find it on our official website. We also can teach you if you don't know how to check. Raytech products has done few lab test by third party lab including solar test, weathering test and boil test. The lab report has shared out by other forumer in this thread before smile.gif
Lord Gitsy
post Oct 15 2018, 10:46 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(maxizanc @ Oct 15 2018, 07:15 PM)
Hye guys

My car already tinted with Raytech safety tint but it is not too dark. Really hot during hot weather. Installed it for 1k + without voucher

Is tgere any bad side effects if i add one more layer of tint. Probably darker and not too expensive?

Will it defeat tge purpose of the safety tint?
Dear customer, the product you installed on your car windows is our medium range product. Our products originally are follow the JPJ regulation for the required VLT%, so it cannot be too dark. To resist more heat, you can install darker film for second layer but it will fails JPJ compliance after install second layer darker film. Secondly second layer which is too dark may affect your driving vision during night time. We would suggest you to do this combination in Raytech shops so the product warranty still can be provided. You are welcome to visit Raytech shops and our sales consultant will assist you and test the product with solar meter for you. Thanks smile.gif
Lord Gitsy
post Jan 10 2019, 12:20 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(darknight6070 @ Jan 9 2019, 04:56 PM)
so what's the maximum allowed tint by the jpj?
user posted image
Lord Gitsy
post Jan 26 2019, 11:24 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(AlittleCb @ Jan 25 2019, 07:12 PM)
Hi guy, quick question.. My car ald tinted wit Raytech bt somehow i still feel kinda hot during noon time drive. If I apply another layer of tint (those cheap one) will it help on heat rejection ?
Dear customer, can I know which series you installed for the car ? If it's a medium range product, you can apply another layer of tint (U-shape side windows & Rear windscreen) on top of it, better do it in that same shop so they able to give you the warranty. The tint will become darker and provide better heat rejection. We suggest you can visit back to shop for the best consultant. They can provide the solar meter testing. Thanks smile.gif

22 Pages « < 20 21 22Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2124sec    3.03    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th February 2020 - 01:22 PM