Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Car Tint Advice - V2, Raytech, Vkool, Huper Optic, 3M or .....

views

Lord Gitsy
post Jun 25 2014, 10:07 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(mike88 @ Jun 25 2014, 07:28 AM)
Anyone tinted Raytech at Johor Bahru?

Any Honda Accord 2013 tinted with Raytech? Will tinted Raytech affect the built-in GPS performance? Was told that VKool affected built-in GPS!
Hi bro, all Raytech product will not affect the GPS signal. We did a lot of Honda Accord in whole Malaysia.
Lord Gitsy
post Jun 25 2014, 10:10 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(hafiez @ Jun 25 2014, 02:26 AM)
what are the best tint for sunroof?
Hi bro, normally i will suggest much darker tint for sun roof.

1. Cooler feel
2. reduce more heat.
3. reduce more glare.
4. No restriction from JPJ, it is not part of window.
Lord Gitsy
post Jul 5 2014, 01:32 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(happiesdog @ Jul 4 2014, 02:30 AM)
Hi, I did my warranty claim at JB branch earlier. I think their workmanship is better than the KL HQ. the sales person is very friendly and helpful also. I will recommend you to tint at Raytech JB. Remember to ask for better price.,
Raytech overall service and workmanship is standard as they have standardize training and SOP on overall service.
Lord Gitsy
post Jul 6 2014, 01:51 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(Kvsual @ Jul 6 2014, 12:58 AM)
Sorry tailors, I'm new in here and trying to catch up with the threads yet can't see the summary/conclusion of pros n cons of various tints brands.
Currently lookin for tinted for my New Teana and being offered by TanChong, VKOOL 4mil security firm for 2.1k (claimed 4.2k original price).

I'm not sure how vkool performed and if this security firm really worth 4k? 50% discount just sounds marketing gimmick.
The spec given by the SA was:

"Heat reject 92% for side windows , Front n rear is Vk elite 94% , The light transmission for whole car is 70%"

Is this spec good? And vkool reputable? If it's compared to 3M? Thanks.
It is always good if you can survey some good brand before making decision. Here is some tips for you when survey around.

a) Search for the company or brand selling USA car tint film. (Google the USA manufacturer)
b) Make sure you are offer with original product. (There is brand logo on the film)
c) Test the film practically and with meter device. (Some product claim very good, high IRR and sell very expensive. In actual it is poor performance.)

Malaysia weather is too hot for us and there is harmful UV ray. It is good to choose a good tint for your car as it tint once and for all. Window film warranty period is very long. Cheers.

This post has been edited by Lord Gitsy: Jul 6 2014, 01:55 PM
Lord Gitsy
post Jul 6 2014, 01:54 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(K4iz3n @ Jul 6 2014, 10:44 AM)
Anyone knows which brand have the darkest security tint?
Hi bro, in order to compliant with JPJ rules and regulations, the darkest safety film is must be VLT 55% and above for side window. If you accept illegal film, then you can go for double layer, any darkness level is available.
Lord Gitsy
post Jul 9 2014, 12:42 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(mike88 @ Jul 8 2014, 04:33 PM)
Hi! What is the different between Raytech V97 & Ultra 70 for the front, any idea?  hmm.gif
Raytech Ultra 70 is special make for front windscreen. VLT 70% and highly optical clear film.
Raytech V97 is darker film, make for side windows and rear windscreen.
Both are superb high heat rejection product.
Lord Gitsy
post Jul 11 2014, 02:37 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(mike88 @ Jul 9 2014, 06:47 PM)
Can the V97 tint for front windscreen? Worry about the inconsistence colours!  hmm.gif
Raytech Ultra 70 will install for front windscreen.
Raytech V97 for side and rear windscreen.
Lord Gitsy
post Jul 11 2014, 02:41 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(nscid @ Jul 11 2014, 02:04 PM)
Hi guys...pls advice me on these tints. which to choose. Either 3M or HO. If 3M i ll go for Crystalline 70 (front) & Nano40 (side & rear) while for HO is Ser60 (front) & Ceramic40 (side & rear). At first I wanna go for HO but SA told me its a bit expensive because the IRR is 80-83% compares to IRR99% for 3M. Any suggestion? Pricing is almost similar

user posted image

user posted image
Why not you visit both of these shop and understand more. One tips for you. Original product come with brand logo on the film itself before installation. Good luck.
Lord Gitsy
post Jul 14 2014, 12:05 AM

6 posts

Hi guys and gals, no worry about the front windscreen film. There suppose to have another tolerance 5% VLT on the tinted glass inspection. Previously, the Auto Audio Association Malaysia (AAA) requesting for not less than 60% VLT for front windscreen. However, there is no result yet on this request.
Lord Gitsy
post Jul 19 2014, 03:09 PM

6 posts

LOOKING FOR RAYTECH TINTING??? JUST WAZE.

All locations of Raytech outlets in Malaysia are available in Waze now.
Step 1 : Enter "Navigate"
Step 2 : Key in "Raytech + Location"
Example: "Raytech Petaling Jaya", "Raytech Cheras"

List of locations for Raytech Outlets in Malaysia:
Seri Kembangan, Bangi, Balakong, Puchong, Cheras, Petaling Jaya, Kajang, Glenmarie, Klang, Sungai Buloh, Batu Caves, Rawang, Melaka, Seremban, Bahau, Bera, Johor Bahru, Sitiawan, Ipoh, Kangar, Alor Setar, Kota Bahru, Kuching, Bintulu, Tawau and more to come.
Follow us in Raytech Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/raytechtint

user posted image
Lord Gitsy
post Jul 20 2014, 11:04 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(dream_pursuer @ Jul 20 2014, 01:52 PM)
Hi all,

I get this for RM 2.2K after discount..Any comments? I'm afraid that this maybe some fake brand since I didn't notice any brand on the film. Many thanks
If you looking for good product, you must select the right brand that selling USA film.

Step 1.
Filter the Good brand window film that carry and selling USA film. Do some research on the brand’s website, figure out the background of the brand and the supplier/ manufacturer behind the brand. Many window tinted brand unable to reveal this information as they are not selling USA product, and there are not information about their manufacturer.

Don't proceed to step 2, before step 1.

Step 2.
Make sure you buying the right product of the brand. Do not cheated with "House Brand". Many dealers in market today buying franchise from USA brand to attract customer come into their shop, but they selling a lot of other low grade product to customer, instead of original product. These non-original product called "House Brand" which is also from Korea, Taiwan & China film. In fact, many people have no idea they are using the fake product, as the dealer still giving warranty card on 'House-Brand" products. Unfortunately, most people maybe don't know about their tinted warranty only valid in that particular shop where they tinted their car.

How to figure out the fake product of the brand or "House-brand"? It is simple. Figure out the original product in website, check on the available product model and film specification. Normally original product is printed the brand logo on the tinted film and pack with original packaging.

Don't proceed to step 3, before step 1 & 2.

Step 3.
To make sure you choose the right film. Goes to the shop personally, test the film personally with spotlight, and request for solar meter device testing. After filtered the right brand and the right product. Now start survey by comparing the film quality, film performance, film price, film color, film reflective, film warranty coverage, testimonial etc.

Good Luck. biggrin.gif
Lord Gitsy
post Jul 31 2014, 12:18 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(kitongti @ Jul 30 2014, 06:08 PM)
I just tinted my persona at 3M ampang.. they charge rm200 for removing my existing  tinted.. shocking.gif  is it a normal price?
coz at normal tinted shop only rm50..
when i asked why expensive... they said used a special chemical... sound fishy... hmm.gif
That is reasonable price for removing existing tinted.

This post has been edited by Lord Gitsy: Aug 13 2014, 11:34 PM
Lord Gitsy
post Aug 1 2014, 01:18 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(Lord Gitsy @ Jul 31 2014, 12:18 AM)
That is reasonable price for removing my existing  tinted.
It depends how many windows you wish to remove and cleaning. Rm200 is normal price for professional tinted shop. Sometimes, they offer cheaper during promotion period, maybe RM100 or cheaper. Actually, Raytech offer FREE remove existing tinted film and windows cleaning for whole car when you purchase certain Raytech products. cool2.gif
Lord Gitsy
post Aug 8 2014, 04:45 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(mlsh89 @ Aug 2 2014, 05:03 PM)
I got my car full tinted Raytech v97 solar rejection film. The film is good performed. Thanks to Lord Gitsy and Lenglui consultant & the staffs that provided good service. ^^V
Hi bro,

Thanks a lot for the great feedback. Am glad that you are happy with the performance. Appreciate your support bro smile.gif
Lord Gitsy
post Aug 11 2014, 01:24 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(emonemo @ Aug 11 2014, 01:09 PM)
hi everyone,
my car was tinted with Huper Optik on 1 August (11 days ago). when i washed it yesterday i noticed small, single bubbles in different spots in the tint film. when i called my tint shop they said to wait for a month plus before going back to check because they claim the film hasn't fully dried yet and the bubbles may go away. they also said i can use a credit card to flatten the bubbles.

so i wanted to ask from your own experience whether this is true or i'm being conned. and if the bubbles are still there after a month, should i ask them to redo the whole tint? or are small bubbles generally unavoidable? appreciate the help smile.gif
Hi there,

Yes it can be true. If the bubbles are like white milky color (water vapor form), then they are very likely to dry up after few days-weeks time. Allow sometime for them to dry up smile.gif

I do not recommend you to fix the problems yourself using a credit card because the laminating layer is already semi dried, you might make it worse if you do not have the necessary skills.

Hope it helps.

Cheers smile.gif

This post has been edited by Lord Gitsy: Aug 13 2014, 11:35 PM
Lord Gitsy
post Aug 13 2014, 01:44 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(davidcolonies @ Aug 12 2014, 10:52 AM)
How do sifus here think about Raytech CS 75 Series?? Is the heat rejection is good ? Btw wat the different between IRR (%) and TSER (%) ? As i search in net, both was heat rejection thing.
Hi davidcolonies,

TSER = Total Solar Energy Rejection

IRR= Infrared Rejection Rate

TSER is a more accurate reading to measure the heat rejection because it takes in a few parameters into consideration. Whereas IRR just takes amount of Infrared rejected into account. Infrared is the main component from the invisible sunlight that contributes to heat. That's why most of the window films are developed in a way to cut down the infrared transmitted. The more infrared the film blocks, the better comfort it is.

Hope my answer helps smile.gif
Lord Gitsy
post Aug 13 2014, 01:52 PM

6 posts

icon_question.gif icon_question.gif CAUTIONS!!! icon_question.gif icon_question.gif

Recently we received complaint and record regarding somebody are trying to PM secretly our customers by saying he is a agent who represent "multi-brand" of window film, including RAYTECH. After investigation, Raytech do not authorize this guy to sell Raytech products. According to our customer feedback, this guy try to jeopardize Raytech brand and pushing our customer to another cap Ayam brand. I think this is totally wrong way of marketing method, and it is kind of stealing customer strategy. Lowyat Forum is a open for public sharing thought and promoting business and brand. Let the forum being healthy and please stop this nonsense. vmad.gif

Warm message to all Lowyat Forum member, please approach genuine dealer that marketing and selling for that exactly brand.

1. Do not being cheated by those so called "multi-brand" advisor. These people actually only selling one of the brand, so there will very bias and mislead you to one of tinting brand that he selling. It is because in window film business, there are no multi-brand. blink.gif

2. We noticed what those fake dealers do is when somebody inquiry products in Raytech thread, those fake dealers come and pm the customers personally by offering cheaper price with fake products or another brand products. mad.gif

3. Do not trust on those fake dealers, switch brand in between. Example, one dealer is promoting one brand let's say Raytech, from PM he push you to another tinting brand. This means he using Raytech as a bail to another brand. shakehead.gif

4. Be aware of fake product. Some dealers offer very low price for some good brand, but they actually swap fake product to you. For Raytech Tinting, during installation you will notice Raytech original product come with Raytech logo on the film itself.
rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by Lord Gitsy: Aug 14 2014, 11:18 AM
Lord Gitsy
post Aug 13 2014, 11:47 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(oladipo13 @ Aug 13 2014, 05:35 PM)
Hi Lord Gitsy, ytd i received from a seller from other brand. He offered me pricing for Raytech tinted, is it genuine products from Raytech HQ ?
Btw you havent send me the price. Pls quote me the price asap. I asked in your thread ytd.
OMG!!! Another case again. vmad.gif
Hi bro, thank for your your highlight and inquiry about Raytech Tinting.
I hope you guys are more alert about this matter.
Don't put your trust on fake dealer and don't waste your money on fake product.

Lord Gitsy
post Aug 17 2014, 10:14 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(WhySoSerious12 @ Aug 17 2014, 02:31 AM)
hi guys, need so advice,

currently i choosing raytech since i got voucher,

want to know how to choose a combination ? if i need solar control do just choose 1 product? for example N85 is that enuf ? or i need to security solar window film as well or do i need to choose both security and solar control as well for example N85 + CS 85

thanks
Hi, we have standard combination for every range of product in Raytech Tinting. You are welcome to find out more detail and testing the product in our outlet. Cheers rclxms.gif
Lord Gitsy
post Aug 19 2014, 01:44 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(hunter1314 @ Aug 19 2014, 01:04 PM)
I am really disappointed with my car tint with Huper Optik. Paid Rm1000++ for it but even my previous car lousy tint feels more better. Called the person and she told me it's normal to feel hot in this  cry.gif
Hi,

Do you mean it's hot after a long period of time parking under the sun?? Or do you mean it's hot during normal day driving? Which model did you choose? Make sure you verify and avoid any house brand. It's very normal to feel hot if you Park your car under the hot sun for more than 2hour. However, with a good tint, the heat should cool of quickly after you switch on the air cond.

22 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0610sec    4.59    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd January 2020 - 02:11 PM