Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Tint Advice - V2, Raytech, Vkool, Huper Optic, 3M or .....

views

ayamxxx
post Dec 29 2016, 06:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(mindful @ Dec 29 2016, 03:20 PM)
Advice to ALL!!

Don't waste your money to tint your car. I spent over 2k to tint at one of a top brand shop.  If you expect the heat inside your car to reduce much after you park your car exposing to the sun, you will be greatly disappointed. I find tinting a waste of money and the test performed by sales staff a little misleading.  I should have taken note of the  reaction of the sales staff after I asked whether my car would still be hot after tinting.  I won't do anymore tinting in the future as I believe even if you spend 3k, 4k, the result will be the same and I hope to convince you not to do it.  I would rather donate the money to charity. 

I guess all tint will make your car hot if you park car under sun like 8-5.

The tinted sure is not 100% IRR, 100% TSER.

Comparison I have from 2.5k tinted vs groupon 250rm, found out the Groupon tint takes longer time to cool car after held it up under sun. But it could be the aircond factor as well. Wheries the other tint also hot after spend under sun, but it takes like 3mins after blowing aircond using auto mode.

Back in early 2000 saw in tv the technology show. It highlights the prototype of solar panel install at car roof. It will convert the sun heat to electricity power. The power will switch on the aircond without engine power up especially during hot sun. Would it be great if this tech is available.
ayamxxx
post Dec 31 2016, 09:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(dzire8089 @ Dec 31 2016, 11:43 AM)
Just to warn everyone not to buy Groupon Tinting.
I bought this https://www.groupon.my/deals/dealbank_en_my...st-19/721068176
Shop is One World Tinting in Kepong.
I bought the 3M security with USA tinting package. False advertisement also.
The exact advertisement is as below:

3M security with USA tinting
Front screen
Visible light transmitted: 73%
UV rays rejected: 99%
Infrared heat rejected: 68%
Thickness: 2mil
Rear screen
Visible light transmitted: 40%
Infrared heat rejected: 95%
Thickness: 2mil
4 side windows
Visible light transmitted: 70%
Infrared heat rejected: 97%
Thickness: 3mil

They told me the 3M tint film for side windows. For front and back need to top up by a lot!
rm538 package become over thousand. Then recommend to upgrade to a better tint called ArmorShield a local brand claimed to have the best TSER. End up spending rm1.4k.
After using for 2 months, felt the tint was really bad.

Finally cannot stand the heat and went to re-tint whole car with Raytech for rm3.8k from an authorised Raytech shop.
Boss from Raytech told me that they did for Groupon before and warn not to go for those Groupon tinting as Groupon charge almost 50% from the package. Hence imagine the quality you will get.

So beware!
Mine have good reviews for groupon tinted. However it's brand is coolmaster from subang taipan.

Worth it for rm200 and getting IRR 80%.

Actual used it work great. How long will it last still not sure

ayamxxx
post Feb 15 2017, 08:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(s65amg @ Feb 14 2017, 11:51 PM)
Can anyone recommed a good tint brand for mercedes e class? budget less than RM1.5K. Priorities is on the workmanship(assemble & disassemble) because i'm afraid on the wiring and the rattling noise that could be heard from the door. i don't expect a RM400k car to have this imperfection as my previous cars smile.gif
Dont Mercedes have factory offered tinted service? Should anything can claim for warranty
ayamxxx
post Mar 14 2017, 08:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(Wind82 @ Mar 14 2017, 10:16 AM)
Anyone else having this problem?

Always thought 3M is a better tint. Really disappointing.
Heard it easy to get scratches on the tint. For 3M tint.
I choose other than 3M last time due to Smart tag issues.
ayamxxx
post Mar 30 2017, 11:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Mar 30 2017, 08:39 AM)
Especially the one based on dye
Same like groupon rm199 at Taipan usj.

Perform rather good like branded tint, but only for 1 year. Now become normal tint with some heat felt during noon time

This post has been edited by ayamxxx: Mar 30 2017, 11:04 AM
ayamxxx
post Apr 10 2017, 10:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Apr 10 2017, 12:48 AM)
Do you guys add the top layer for the front windscreen? My concern is on the overall look for a silver car and whether it will affect the  sensitivity of rain sensors

user posted image
i find it too old school. prefer to full tint on the windscreen. rain sensors area are not get tint as it is closed by that tint sensor parts.
ayamxxx
post May 6 2017, 09:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(PipiKacey @ May 6 2017, 12:31 PM)
Accord 17'

3M
windscreen crystalline 70
all windows and rear windscreen crystalline 40

Quoted 2600 by SA, good price?
Inb4 some complaint that 3M tint is easy to scratch
ayamxxx
post May 15 2017, 11:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

Just to ask if tinted becomes discolor or faded, can it fall under warranty?

On cheap brand tint, perhaps it used die type tint
ayamxxx
post Jun 11 2017, 08:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(crusher @ Jun 7 2017, 10:34 PM)
Guys, how to remove tint glue? Was forced to tear down for puspakom go thru
please go to any tint shop instead of accessories shop. they charge me rm50 instead of rm90 at accessories shop for old tint removal and cleaning biggrin.gif
ayamxxx
post Jul 2 2017, 12:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

Can we 120% trust those Tint brand info regarding on their TSER, IRR percentage especially those shown in the website?

Highest so far from what found in website, Wingard Regal, 95% IRR and 75% TSER. This is with jpj compliance and no smart tag problem

ayamxxx
post Sep 28 2017, 11:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

why did all tint in malaysia (include that branded one) not cover warranty for faded as well if tint loses it heat rejection say after 2 years?

it is fall under wear n tear?

ayamxxx
post Oct 10 2017, 07:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

how about double tint?
Perform better in theory?
ayamxxx
post Oct 16 2017, 10:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(zeus2005 @ Oct 15 2017, 12:25 PM)
Anyone tried tintmaster at the ampang waterfront? How is their service and workmanship?
my friend use this brand, he used the black colour tint, non jpj approved vlt on his preve.
after 3 year using, parking under hot sun, the color faded already. now can become jpj approved vlt brows.gif

This post has been edited by ayamxxx: Oct 16 2017, 10:17 AM
ayamxxx
post Nov 2 2017, 04:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(Lord Gitsy @ Nov 2 2017, 01:13 PM)
Hi, Thanks for the feedback. You can send your car back to Raytech shops to have BTU meter testing on the films. I suggest you can add another layer of darker tint if you don't want too much sunlight come into the car smile.gif
can u review for dual layer tint?

mean if my first tint is 90% irr, 2nd layer say 70% irr, will it perform better than 1 layer 95% irr?
ayamxxx
post Dec 12 2017, 03:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(jamespaul @ Dec 12 2017, 02:51 PM)
This was the same argument I had previously. But I dont think Lord Glitsy has the answer.

I highlighted that with VLT 70% and IRR of 90%+, you can only get around 40-55%

The other brand that is also not telling the truth is Ecotint. They claim IRR rejection of 90%++ but Smart Tag can still use.

In theory, with high IRR rejection, Smart Tag cannot use at all
thought those IRR 98% above get smartag problem, example 3M tint.

if it 90% IRR, should work as normal
ayamxxx
post Dec 21 2017, 10:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(jamespaul @ Dec 21 2017, 09:08 AM)
When you say VLT is high meaning? Honda, in theory, should tint, according to JPJ standards (that said, not all outlets follow this specification)

Assuming that Honda tint according to JPJ, you are left with sunshade as an alternative.

It is not recommended to tint over tints, as two tints expand and shrinks differently, and one may affect the other.
I have done dual tint, but the second was installed after 3 months gap.

Reason, the 1st tint was too bright albeit with 50% TSER, 90% IRR.

Its ok iinm, it depends on the manpower skill for installation. Mine was installed with old uncle technician.

I will not recommend to anyone as it can attract to JPJ
ayamxxx
post Dec 27 2017, 12:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(jamespaul @ Dec 27 2017, 11:55 AM)
i’ve been saying this about Raytech for awhile.... I have been thinking that there is a magic number of TSER for the amount of VLT.

My take is that for a VLT of 70%
Max TSER is only 50% +-2%

But they can claim higher because of better IRR coverage. Ah well.
hear the same on Ecotint brand as well. on paper, it got high percentage of IRR, TSER, but on real usage, it does feel hot. not sure if it overclaims as well.

ayamxxx
post Jan 3 2018, 08:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(tomguyz @ Jan 2 2018, 10:43 PM)
Hi guy,

I going to do tinted but market got so many brand. As my self I been using VKool, WinGuard & Aircool and found that Aircool is totally out as the tinted getting bubble after 5 year.

Winguard is better then Aircool as using for my car almost 9 year everything look good include the heat blockage and other.

As Vkool is good but the price is too expensive to apply. As i using it on my 2nd car and it maintain good but there is some bubble start after 9.5 year as last time the price for vkool is not that expensive but while the brand well know then is start getting more expensive.

As now for my 4th car I like to try some other tinted in market but not sure which to choose from and yet my range of the tinted is around RM2.5k.

Is there any good recommendation for SUV car? as I see on Facebook there is alot promotion and brand like Lavish, Hamel, 3M, Huper Optik and LLumar.

:confused:  :confused:  :confused:  :confused:  :confused:
Using Wingard Royale on one of my car, it on the 3rd year. Surprisingly it still work great on the heat rejection since day 1 and no problem on Smart Tag//autogate (my preference)

During survey, almost pick 3M until the branch manager suggest to done some modifications (cut tint) for the smart tag to work.

ayamxxx
post Jan 12 2018, 02:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(WannaGetBuffed @ Jan 12 2018, 12:40 PM)
jpj will not saman u on the spot. they will issue letter to ask u go for inspection in one of the JPJ office. U need to tear off all the tint and go for inspection with no tint. Then after that they will issue you a letter of clearance, then u can go back to tint shop and tint again

If you ignore the letter to go for inspection, most likely they will blacklist you car and not sure if can renew roadtax after that

i have no experience with police kacau tint.
After inspection sure got saman to pay, like rm150-300, depending on type of reason.
Mine was saman due to installing HID on my old waja, as ori halogen waja is really less light. Paid rm200 summons right after inspection at JPJ wangsa maju
ayamxxx
post Jan 21 2018, 11:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(Anandachong @ Jan 21 2018, 10:53 AM)
Hi,

I m given an offer of the following on a normal sedan

Haverkamp MT40 - front and rear windscreen, MT50 Security - all windows

Plus free gift Front & Rear Windscreen ceramic coating + Headlamp ceramic coating + Door Handle PPF.

All in at RM1588

Izzit a good deal or too good to be true?

Expert advice sought. Tq
U should share the tint technical spec, ie: IRR% and TSER %. Jpj spec?

24 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0215sec    0.24    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:04 AM