112 Pages « < 94 95 96 97 98 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Xbox One Community Official Thread V1, The all-in-one entertainment system

views

FarCry3r
post Feb 17 2015, 08:42 AM

Where did my ♥ go?
6,543 posts

QUOTE(de-facto-idiot @ Feb 17 2015, 03:27 AM)
I've been told bout the exact same thing since 8, 9 years ago. Maybe back in the days where HDDVD can be easily cloned, and Malaysia do have a notorious reputation in piracy, it is a genuine concern for Microsoft not to enter the market... but then again, if you think again, piracy is just an easy excuse not to enter Malaysia. Because MS do enter India, China & Russia market, where the piracy rate is no better than Malaysia. So the piracy reasoning doesn't rally hold much sway these days.
I understand the enthusiasm of the community, but we, as a small third world country, will never move enough volume for it to be worthwhile to build up supply chain & logistics in Malaysia. If one day we were able to match lets say 75% of what Singapore is moving, then maybe we have a chance.
You say piracy isn't really the reason but then you said we dom't have enough volume. So yes, piracy will always be the issue because of the ratio. Too much piracy versus those who want to support and see Xbox officially supported here. We can't have 75% of what Singapore have when the pirate mentality still around.
de-facto-idiot
post Feb 17 2015, 02:45 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(FarCry3r @ Feb 17 2015, 08:42 AM)
You say piracy isn't really the reason but then you said we dom't have enough volume. So yes, piracy will always be the issue because of the ratio. Too much piracy versus those who want to support and see Xbox officially supported here. We can't have 75% of what Singapore have when the pirate mentality still around.
What I'm trying to say is that the main reason (at least that's what I thought) Xbox wasn't brought in Malaysia is because of the volume. No corporation is going to say "Little volume, little sale, not worth doing it" publicly. Piracy is just an easy excuse for them avoid the hard question, which the answer would disappoint their loyal but unsupported user. If it's piracy is the real reason Xbox not coming to Msia, then China won't get it right? But they do get it, simply is because of volume.

I know this situation sucks for us, as this is a catch 22 situation. You need the (Large potential) volume to have official support. You need official support to drive (and proof) the volume.

Ultimately, Xbox was design with US, EU & JP customer in mind. You can say it's an American machine designed for American market (Majority of Xbox user are in US). Until someone high up (say Phil Spencer or Satya Nadella) decided that they're doing it with the view of international market, it's hard to see this situation will changed sad.gif

This post has been edited by de-facto-idiot: Feb 17 2015, 02:46 PM
tripleB
post Feb 17 2015, 04:18 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(de-facto-idiot @ Feb 17 2015, 02:45 PM)
What I'm trying to say is that the main reason (at least that's what I thought) Xbox wasn't brought in Malaysia is because of the volume. No corporation is going to say "Little volume, little sale, not worth doing it" publicly. Piracy is just an easy excuse for them avoid the hard question, which the answer would disappoint their loyal but unsupported user. If it's piracy is the real reason Xbox not coming to Msia, then China won't get it right? But they do get it, simply is because of volume.

I know this situation sucks for us, as this is a catch 22 situation. You need the (Large potential) volume to have official support. You need official support to drive (and proof) the volume.

Ultimately, Xbox was design with US, EU & JP customer in mind. You can say it's an American machine designed for American market (Majority of Xbox user are in US). Until someone high up (say Phil Spencer or Satya Nadella) decided that they're doing it with the view of international market, it's hard to see this situation will changed sad.gif
I think the damage is done. Malaysia is/was always seen as a piracy hub, due to it being around for decades in Malaysia. Volume wise, I bet we have more Xbox players than Singapore, but over there they more or less don't have a piracy problem like in Malaysia. So yes, it's a perception issue from the MS guys.

As for China, well, even a small percentage would translate to huge numbers. And also, MS is actively trying to court the local Chinese market in terms of having unique content created for them. We don't have anything substantial for MS to take a chance on. At least in Japan, the reason MS is still trying hard to keep Xbox alive is because of the content coming out of Japan. Remember how it was during the PS2 era? PS2 had like, 7/10 of 3rd party support, while Xbox and Gamecube had to do with limited 3rd party support, or exclusives only.
benblitz
post Feb 17 2015, 04:45 PM

Casual
327 posts

Guys, I'm thinking of entering the Xbox scene. As a someone who is new to the system, would you recommend getting the 360 or should I just shoot forward to the One? Main reason is I wanted to experience what "the other side" has to offer and mainly because of FH2 which IMO better than Driveclub. But if I bought the One then I wouldn't be able to experience all of the previous exclusive on the 360.

With money being limited and game library considered, please advise.
IccyAsd
post Feb 17 2015, 08:01 PM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
Staff
819 posts

QUOTE(benblitz @ Feb 17 2015, 04:45 PM)
Guys, I'm thinking of entering the Xbox scene. As a someone who is new to the system, would you recommend getting the 360 or should I just shoot forward to the One? Main reason is I wanted to experience what "the other side" has to offer and mainly because of FH2 which IMO better than Driveclub. But if I bought the One then I wouldn't be able to experience all of the previous exclusive on the 360.

With money being limited and game library considered, please advise.
if you are focusing on FH2 get Xbox One, because FH2 on xbox 360 is nothing like on Xbox one, You can check the comparison on Xbox One. Many games are coming back out with the remaster/remake so Xbox One should be ok, games like Halo Master Chief Edition is all the Halo series on 1 disc its really worth it!
fabvader
post Feb 18 2015, 01:44 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

whats the price of xbox one now?
judge-the
post Feb 21 2015, 12:24 PM

-Judge-Jury-Executioner-
3,331 posts

xbox one sifus, where can i get screen protector for xbox one? tq
IccyAsd
post Feb 21 2015, 08:32 PM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
Staff
819 posts

QUOTE(judge-the @ Feb 21 2015, 12:24 PM)
xbox one sifus, where can i get screen protector for xbox one? tq
??? Screen Protector for Xbox One ??? blink.gif
tenable
post Feb 22 2015, 11:18 AM

Getting Started
211 posts

Hello guys...
I would like to know how much is the budget needed if i want to buy a new set of xbox one with xbox live gold?i already have ps4 so i would like to get xbox one so i could feel both world and use them vice versa?is it advisable to purchase from amazon us and send it here or buy sg set n set to us account?
ahucks
post Feb 22 2015, 12:30 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

hi... im thinking to buy xbox one...any problem and issue so far?.. coz searching at google ...xbox one got optical drive issue like cannot read disc, grinding noise and so on...

judge-the
post Feb 22 2015, 04:03 PM

-Judge-Jury-Executioner-
3,331 posts

QUOTE(IccyAsd @ Feb 21 2015, 08:32 PM)
??? Screen Protector for Xbox One ??? blink.gif
hehehe not really screen protector, boss

looking for clear sticker protector for the glossy part on xbox one
FarCry3r
post Feb 23 2015, 01:00 PM

Where did my ♥ go?
6,543 posts

QUOTE(tenable @ Feb 22 2015, 11:18 AM)
Hello guys...
I would like to know how much is the budget needed if i want to buy a new set of xbox one with xbox live gold?i already have ps4 so i would like to get xbox one so i could feel both world and use them vice versa?is it advisable to purchase from amazon us and send it here or buy sg set n set to us account?
It doesn't matter where the console come from, you can have US console and use Aussie account or JPN console and use UK account. For warranty purpose, it's better to get SG set and you can create your US account later.

If you don't have any special needs (like watching Netflix) then just create SG account. You can still take advantages of US region by just setting the location to US on your console. All purchases will be billed in USD.
klausvonwalther
post Feb 24 2015, 04:50 AM

4 posts

Any recommended/preferred seller selling xbox live gold? Of course cheaper is better smile.gif
qudeenz360
post Feb 24 2015, 08:12 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,761 posts

QUOTE(klausvonwalther @ Feb 24 2015, 04:50 AM)
Any recommended/preferred seller selling xbox live gold? Of course cheaper is better smile.gif
pm gamertag : Keris Emas
arshad
post Feb 24 2015, 08:09 PM

Blessed
1,475 posts

Hi guys. Any recommended shops around to get Xbox One? Getting it for my sister. laugh.gif
mozart29
post Mar 6 2015, 12:48 AM

39 posts

hi guys,

newbie here. wanted to buy xbox one. can anyone suggest trusted shop (klang valley) or online website.

if i want to buy with xbox one with bundle set.. let say with fifa 15, it stated download card.. can someone explain to me? is it already installed in the console or do i need to download it first.

thank you.

xbox controller fanboy hehe..
qudeenz360
post Mar 6 2015, 04:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,761 posts

QUOTE(mozart29 @ Mar 6 2015, 12:48 AM)
hi guys,

newbie here. wanted to buy xbox one. can anyone suggest trusted shop (klang valley) or online website.

if i want to buy with xbox one with bundle set.. let say with fifa 15, it stated download card.. can someone explain to me? is it already installed in the console or do i need to download it first.

thank you.

takder respon?

join group facebook xbox malaysia "XBOX ONE OWNERS [MY]" rolleyes.gif
dark lenanza
post Mar 6 2015, 05:18 PM

Probationary DDOSer
1,492 posts

hi newbies here
thinking to buying xbox
not sure either 360 or one

mozart29
post Mar 6 2015, 05:49 PM

39 posts

QUOTE(qudeenz360 @ Mar 6 2015, 04:08 PM)
takder respon?

join group facebook xbox malaysia "XBOX ONE OWNERS [MY]"  rolleyes.gif
pending approval from admin to join the group...
de-facto-idiot
post Mar 7 2015, 12:47 AM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(mozart29 @ Mar 6 2015, 12:48 AM)
hi guys,

thank you.

have to download yourself using the code provided with the console

This post has been edited by de-facto-idiot: Mar 7 2015, 12:48 AM

112 Pages « < 94 95 96 97 98 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0332sec    0.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:09 AM