Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Working for PETRONAS V2, How to get a job, benefits, culture etc

views

fall2bull
post Nov 23 2022, 01:11 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(durango89 @ Nov 22 2022, 08:45 PM)
They sent an email after the interview.
Your cbi is 1st or 2nd interview? Lol
15cm
post Nov 23 2022, 06:43 PM

Getting Started
149 posts

QUOTE(mnmr87 @ Nov 23 2022, 09:32 AM)
why?... sad.gif
seems like petronas are more generous than exxon

This post has been edited by 15cm: Nov 23 2022, 07:47 PM
durango89
post Nov 24 2022, 02:39 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(fall2bull @ Nov 23 2022, 01:11 PM)
Your cbi is 1st or 2nd interview? Lol
My 1st interview.
fall2bull
post Nov 24 2022, 01:06 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(durango89 @ Nov 24 2022, 02:39 AM)
My 1st interview.
Cbi and technical interview usually conducted by different person ?
L7E
post Nov 24 2022, 02:57 PM

44 posts

Do you always accept the first offer (not met your expectation)?

Im asking for a reasonable 30% raise from my basic and they did offered my around 14%. And naturally I said no because firstly I’m not desperate for the job and secondly they headhunted me.

And its the same experience I had with them in 2020. I mean they said my initial expected salary was within their range but somehow after went through the ivs and other required process, they still come back with meh offer. Its not like im asking absurd amount of raise and I believe its well within market range
leah235
post Nov 25 2022, 04:23 PM

DIMPLE EATER
1,192 posts

QUOTE(filage @ Nov 6 2022, 11:54 AM)
Contract DirectHire won't given bonus right?
I dont think so. Based on my offer and in my LOA, nothing on bonus…

aleeya_tikah
post Nov 28 2022, 12:32 PM

7 posts

user posted image

Did anyone got this email too? how does it go? did you get the offer?

i did call HR, but the PIC said they still need to wait another 2 candidate to be undergo CBI. so what above email mean????

Position:
Executive (research)

my progress:
1) Acquisition by job hunter:mid-Aug 2022
2) Petronas HR acquired all doc: end Sep 2022
3) Competency Based Interview: 15th Nov 2022
4) Pass CBI: 25th Nov 2022

aleeya_tikah
post Nov 28 2022, 12:36 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(durango89 @ Nov 24 2022, 02:39 AM)
My 1st interview.
have you received any feedback?
durango89
post Nov 28 2022, 11:16 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(aleeya_tikah @ Nov 28 2022, 12:32 PM)
user posted image

i did call HR, but the PIC said they still need to wait another 2 candidate to be undergo CBI. so what above email mean????

Position:
Executive (research)

my progress:
Same here. No feedback.

psychonic13 P
post Nov 29 2022, 08:58 AM

Probation
13 posts

QUOTE(durango89 @ Nov 21 2022, 06:20 PM)
I have passed my CBI, however they do mention that they will only proceed if I were recommended for the position. Is this normal?
Similar with my experience. Until now no news. Its been 2 months since they announced my CBI result:

18/6: Submitted CV
25/7: Chit chat session.
26/7: Submitted Docs
23/8: Received CBI invitation.
6/9: CBI.
28/9: CBI Successful

since they announced the result, I have been sending a follow up every once in two weeks including by whatsapp with the hiring team.

Just until mid of Nov, I stopped emailing.. A simple reply like "Sorry we dont receive any update yet for your appplication" means world to us which have been in this waiting game.

But yet, they chose that way..
whistling.gif
psychonic13 P
post Nov 29 2022, 09:18 AM

Probation
13 posts

user posted image

Position:
Executive (research)

my progress:
Same here. My HR friend said the HR team will find a suitable candidates, offered the candidates to the hiring manager, the shortlisted will be called for interview, and then the hiring manager will select which one to welcome onboard, chances everyone shortlisted successful in their CBI were high.

Then the chosen one will be offered with the position. The others which had their CBI successful, will be shown as "RECOMMENDED" for two years in their CareerX data base. Throughout the 2 years, just pray some of the OPUs or any vacancies open, match with your job description. Then u will be called for chit chat session (without CBI since u passed) for offer letter, career updates, salary etc.

icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif icon_idea.gif
fookhing
post Nov 29 2022, 11:08 AM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(psychonic13 @ Nov 29 2022, 09:18 AM)
Same here. My HR friend said the HR team will find a suitable candidates, offered the candidates to the hiring manager, the shortlisted will be called for interview, and then the hiring manager will select which one to welcome onboard, chances everyone shortlisted successful in their CBI were high.

Then the chosen one will be offered with the position. The others which had their CBI successful, will be shown as "RECOMMENDED" for two years in their CareerX data base. Throughout the 2 years, just pray some of the OPUs or any vacancies open, match with your job description. Then u will be called for chit chat session (without CBI since u passed) for offer letter, career updates, salary etc.

:idea:  :idea:  :idea:
What's this Career X? Petronas' internal candidate profile system?

If someone did something like no show after offer will it reflect in the db for 2 years or for unlimited time?

Can any future HR within Petronas regardless of involvement with the previous hiring access this? For 2 years or for a long time?

aleeya_tikah
post Nov 29 2022, 11:42 AM

7 posts

icon_idea.gif  icon_idea.gif  icon_idea.gif
this was kind a weird practice, or maybe i never experience like this.

So we can say that successful in CBI, doesnt mean a successful offer right?

If we are not chosen/recommended, thus they kept our profile for 2y? (so same as "calon simpanan" by SPA right?)

I did not apply online, thus not registered in CareerX.
fall2bull
post Nov 30 2022, 10:42 AM

11 posts

icon_idea.gif  icon_idea.gif  icon_idea.gif
Is 1st interview ler and 2nd interviewer same person ?

psychonic13 P
post Dec 1 2022, 11:32 PM

Probation
13 posts

QUOTE(aleeya_tikah @ Nov 29 2022, 11:42 AM)

If we are not chosen/recommended, thus they kept our profile for 2y? (so same as "calon simpanan" by SPA right?)

I did not apply thru career X, thru jora. But after the interview i created career X profile, surprisingly there was already my record there saying “under consideration” for the position which i applied for. Its like auto synchronized 🤭😁
fall2bull
post Dec 3 2022, 10:44 AM

11 posts

QUOTE(L7E @ Nov 24 2022, 02:57 PM)
Do you always accept the first offer (not met your expectation)?

Im asking for a reasonable 30% raise from my basic and they did offered my around 14%. And naturally I said no because firstly I’m not desperate for the job and secondly they headhunted me.

And its the same experience I had with them in 2020. I mean they said my initial expected salary was within their range but somehow after went through the ivs and other required process, they still come back with meh offer. Its not like im asking absurd amount of raise and I believe its well within market range
How was the negotiation Conducted ?
Face to face meet up, call or email to get your feedback?
Will they asking u on the spot and must decide on the spot ?
L7E
post Dec 3 2022, 10:15 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(fall2bull @ Dec 3 2022, 10:44 AM)
How was the negotiation Conducted ?
Face to face meet up, call or email to get your feedback?
Will they asking u on the spot and must decide on the spot ?
It was done via phone call. The position is with pet digital, i think everything is online / phone. I really cant say if its standard practice but they’d gave me some time to think. Although i declined politely and provided them the reasons. As i’d mentioned when recruiter first reached out to me, i already gave the number and the initial offer was not even that.

They have return back with improved offer and I’ve accepted it. Just waiting for offer letter.

psychonic13 P
post Yesterday, 12:27 PM

Probation
13 posts

QUOTE(aleeya_tikah @ Nov 29 2022, 11:42 AM)

Hi, please check your DM.
psychonic13 P
post Yesterday, 12:38 PM

Probation
13 posts

user posted image

Position:
Executive (research)

my progress:
In my opinion, decision can only be made once all of these 3 candidates completed the CBI.

Let say all of these 3 candidates passed CBI. Its up to the HIRING Manager to choose.

the other 2 will be kept for 2 years in the hiring team database as "Recommended" candidates.

I also received below email in sept. Until now no news. In case you have any updates, please let us know too.

user posted image
fall2bull
post Yesterday, 01:51 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(L7E @ Dec 3 2022, 10:15 PM)
It was done via phone call. The position is with pet digital, i think everything is online / phone. I really cant say if its standard practice but they’d gave me some time to think. Although i declined politely and provided them the reasons. As i’d mentioned when recruiter first reached out to me, i already gave the number and the initial offer was not even that.

They have return back with improved offer and I’ve accepted it. Just waiting for offer letter.
How long / When the hr or hiring team contact you via phone call after the last interview? Wondering, has anyone was offered beyond their salary expectation for manager and above position?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0157sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 5th December 2022 - 04:54 AM