Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W PSU Review

views

TSgoldfries
post Nov 13 2013, 07:06 AM, updated 11y ago

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

The top of the line Cooler Master power supply is in goldfries.com's lab and if you had be following my Facebook page - this is part of the casing setup that made an appearance at AMD Malaysia's R9 GPU launch just yesterday. smile.gif

user posted image

This is also the same PSU used in the Cooler Master N200 casing review.

user posted image

With the brief introduction settled, let's have a look at the specs - single-rail goodness! Look at the 12V delivery! It's also 80 Plus Gold certified.

user posted image

Fully modular design, lovely!

user posted image

A whole bunch of connectors.

user posted image

Check out the full details at the official product page. The amount of cables supplied is just amazing and the output is well thought of. I had no problem managing the cables and I love the fact that the cables are flat types.

It also comes with a front panel.

user posted image

Here's the back view of the front panel.

user posted image

User Experience
This was the PSU that made Crossfiring the R9 280X and HD 7970 possible in the Asus R9 280X DirectCU II Top review.

The material on the casing is of a rough texture, I don't think it's called matte but I've no idea what term to use. The official product page just called it "quality spray finish" so we'll just stick to that.

The power supply was silent in operation, only to have the fan spin when on load. The PSU fan could also be manually controlled by the front control panel. Here's a video of the fan control in action.

My only complaint would be the occasional buzzing noise when in operation but I think it's not too great of an issue unless you have sensitive ears like me.

The Verdict
A solid 1300W single-rail PSU priced at RM 999, the fully-modular design makes it easy to cable manage while the front control panel allows you to fine tune the noise vs sound ratio to your liking.

user posted image

Source | Article Link

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:43 PM