Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Feedback Accounting,banking and finance INTI OR SUNWAY UNI?, INTI OR SUNWAY UNI?!?!?

views

zheng88
post Nov 13 2013, 11:43 PM

Nutritionist / Nutrition Counselor
485 posts

I would recommend Eu Institute in Paramount PJ, do the LCCI get a trainee job and then pursue an accounting degree or qualification that is recognised by MIA part time. That way you have experience and start earning.
Critical_Fallacy
post Nov 14 2013, 12:34 AM

∫nnộvisεr
Group Icon
VIP
3,713 posts

QUOTE(alaskanbunny @ Nov 13 2013, 11:41 PM)
doh.gif  i see where u r coming from...
You have X-ray vision? sweat.gif Nevertheless, Malaysia is a delightful country where degree holders and professional cert holders blend in harmony...
chiahau
post Nov 14 2013, 12:43 AM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
14,074 posts

QUOTE(Critical_Fallacy @ Nov 14 2013, 12:34 AM)
You have X-ray vision? sweat.gif Nevertheless, Malaysia is a delightful country where degree holders and professional cert holders blend in harmony...
Nah, I just noticed he's the TS of Monash thread.

No wonder he's busy defending a degree from his place.

So called Top 100 Uni in the world yo.

FYI, people I knew that took a degree in Notts mostly went to Top tier schools for post grad, some got interview for Oxford and some went and landed some job in some pretty decent mid tier investment banking firm.

Don't know whether that's good enough for him to prove the point that the university one comes from does not matter to some extend..

End of the day, how far you want to go in life is solely based on yourself.

If you can go further with a degree/professional certs, it's up to you.

Tony Fernandez for eg, has ACCA and see how far he went.

On the other hand, you have people with degrees that made it quite far as well....

Thus, draw the conclusion yourself whistling.gif

This post has been edited by chiahau: Nov 14 2013, 12:48 AM
Critical_Fallacy
post Nov 14 2013, 12:52 AM

∫nnộvisεr
Group Icon
VIP
3,713 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Nov 14 2013, 12:43 AM)

But then Bunny is a Mechanical boy, or maybe he has an accounting additional major? sweat.gif
ChiaW3n
post Nov 14 2013, 12:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,575 posts

if you having financial restriction, why dont give TARC a try? their ACCA is not mistaken platinum status, which same goes to Sunway, and their fees is definitely cheaper than S. just a 2 cents of mine, no offence smile.gif
SUSalaskanbunny
post Nov 14 2013, 08:29 AM

Foodie
4,283 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Nov 14 2013, 12:43 AM)

FYI, people I knew that took a degree in Notts mostly went to Top tier schools for post grad, some got interview for Oxford and some went and landed some job in some pretty decent mid tier investment banking firm.

Don't know whether that's good enough for him to prove the point that the university one comes from does not matter to some extend..

On the other hand, you have people with degrees that made it quite far as well....

Thus, draw the conclusion yourself  whistling.gif
dont need to take it personally and be cynical..

well, the ppl u know dont represent the rest, that's maozedong's mindset... 600mill ppl suffered during the cultural revolution and he took 1 example and declared it a success.. stay to the topic, prof cert vs academic and that would help ts

hayar, if u wanna based discussion based on individuality, then there's no point to talk further... u might as well say dont go to school and leave it all to luck

QUOTE(Critical_Fallacy @ Nov 14 2013, 12:52 AM)
But then Bunny is a Mechanical boy, or maybe he has an accounting additional major? sweat.gif
beng mechanical is the degree i got from monash... i went to uni of adelaide and nus as well, as well as holding a prof. cert, but non to do with accounting... accountants work with me and some reports to me.. just trying to share constructive views la..
chiahau
post Nov 14 2013, 08:34 AM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
14,074 posts

QUOTE(alaskanbunny @ Nov 14 2013, 08:29 AM)
dont need to take it personally and be cynical..

well, the ppl u know dont represent the rest, that's maozedong's mindset... 600mill ppl suffered during the cultural revolution and he took 1 example and declared it a success.. stay to the topic, prof cert vs academic and that would help ts

hayar, if u wanna based discussion based on individuality, then there's no point to talk further... u might as well say dont go to school and leave it all to luck
beng mechanical is the degree i got from monash... i went to uni of adelaide and nus as well, as well as holding a prof. cert, but non to do with accounting... accountants work with me and some reports to me.. just trying to share constructive views la..
I already answered TS's question.

In most situation, a professional cert + good attitude would be an ADVANTAGE than a fresh graduate with just a degree, notwithstanding if the degree comes from Top Tier universities.

Look at pay scale for fresh graduate and professional cert holders in Big 4 then.

A fresh grad locally would get roughly 2,5k while a professional cert holder would get at least 2,7~3k depending on how "lucky" you are.

If you want to look to the bigger picture such as overseas, large investment groups/banks, consulting management firm would prefer professional cert holder with a post graduate doctorate in relevant field.

There's an ACCA holder for eg in Malaysia who managed to enter Boston Consulting Group without a degree. Yes, this is merely 1 case compared to the many millions who did badly/unsuccessful, but it provides a good picture on how it provides a value added advantage towards a degree holder.

P.s - Did a little research with a pal working in US as an accountant. Apparently, you need CPA to provide public attestation ( audit and forming opinions on FS ). Don't know how you can say CPA is just a "small" branch of accountancy in US, while most certified accountant holds CPA. You can probably "book keep" but then again, "book keeping =/= to accountancy"

Good luck to TS then.

This post has been edited by chiahau: Nov 14 2013, 08:40 AM
BravoZeroTwo
post Nov 14 2013, 08:35 AM

Regular
1,128 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Nov 14 2013, 01:43 AM)

Thus, draw the conclusion yourself  whistling.gif
He is ICAEW to be exact. thanks.
chiahau
post Nov 14 2013, 08:41 AM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
14,074 posts

QUOTE(BravoZeroTwo @ Nov 14 2013, 08:35 AM)
He is ICAEW to be exact. thanks.
He's a member of the ICAEW board.

"Tony was admitted as Associate Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) in 1991 and became Fellow Member in 1996. He is currently a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)."

You could read his autobiography for more info in this matter. I only manage to glimpse through the education part.

This post has been edited by chiahau: Nov 14 2013, 08:42 AM
BravoZeroTwo
post Nov 14 2013, 08:51 AM

Regular
1,128 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Nov 14 2013, 09:41 AM)
He's a member of the ICAEW board.

"Tony was admitted as Associate Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) in 1991 and became Fellow Member in 1996. He is currently a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)."

You could read his autobiography for more info in this matter. I only manage to glimpse through the education part.
Thanks for the clarification, bro.
Critical_Fallacy
post Nov 14 2013, 10:14 AM

∫nnộvisεr
Group Icon
VIP
3,713 posts

QUOTE(alaskanbunny @ Nov 14 2013, 08:29 AM)
To each his own, I believe you and chiahau are probably the top guns in the company. sweat.gif
TrustULoveU
post Nov 14 2013, 11:34 AM

On my way
552 posts

if accounting , then sunway
chiahau
post Nov 14 2013, 11:54 AM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
14,074 posts

QUOTE(Critical_Fallacy @ Nov 14 2013, 10:14 AM)
To each his own, I believe you and chiahau are probably the top guns in the company. sweat.gif
Tbh with you, my major ain't accounting too tongue.gif

And I'm just a 5 dollar an hour worker sad.gif

QUOTE(TrustULoveU @ Nov 14 2013, 11:34 AM)
if accounting , then sunway
Sunway that good in accounting meh? hmm.gif
TrustULoveU
post Nov 14 2013, 03:40 PM

On my way
552 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Nov 14 2013, 12:54 PM)
Tbh with you, my major ain't accounting too tongue.gif

And I'm just a 5 dollar an hour worker sad.gif
Sunway that good in accounting meh? hmm.gif
sunway is super well known for its acca and others accounting major
SUSalaskanbunny
post Nov 14 2013, 08:51 PM

Foodie
4,283 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Nov 14 2013, 08:34 AM)
I already answered TS's question.

In most situation, a professional cert + good attitude would be an ADVANTAGE than a fresh graduate with just a degree, notwithstanding if the degree comes from Top Tier universities.

Look at pay scale for fresh graduate and professional cert holders in Big 4 then.

A fresh grad locally would get roughly 2,5k while a professional cert holder would get at least 2,7~3k depending on how "lucky" you are.

If you want to look to the bigger picture such as overseas, large investment groups/banks, consulting management firm would prefer professional cert holder with a post graduate doctorate in relevant field.

There's an ACCA holder for eg in Malaysia who managed to enter Boston Consulting Group without a degree. Yes, this is merely 1 case compared to the many millions who did badly/unsuccessful, but it provides a good picture on how it provides a value added advantage towards a degree holder.

P.s - Did a little research with a pal working in US as an accountant. Apparently, you need CPA to provide public attestation ( audit and forming opinions on FS ). Don't know how you can say CPA is just a "small" branch of accountancy in US, while most certified accountant holds CPA. You can probably "book keep" but then again, "book keeping =/= to accountancy"

Good luck to TS then.
lol.. dont talk about paper mills la, they arent suppose to be there in the 1st place...

here again u r using msia's context to set an example for the whole industry... even rm3k, that's what mcds employees get dude...

you gotta be kidding me, the only prof cert worth considering above academic degrees is CFA.. and after looking, i dont see many in the so called "overseas, large investment groups/banks, consulting management firm"

here again with the maozedong way of explaining things.. he's one, one out of how many who join BCG? and after joining BCG what's his paygrade? he's a freshie man..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Lesser
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Henderson

BCG is a top employer of recent graduates from MIT,[15] Harvard Business School,[16] Cambridge University,[17] Oxford University,[18][19] Stanford Business School,[20] London Business School,[21] and Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.[22] The firm also attracts a number of Rhodes Scholars and Marshall Scholars. In 2012, newly recruited undergraduate and graduate BCG hires earned a total compensation (salary plus all bonuses) of up to $100,000 and $195,000, respectively.[23][24]

BCG typically hires for Associate or Consultant positions, with occasional so-called "lateral hires" opportunities as Project Leader, Principal or Partner. In the United States, BCG recruits undergraduates to join as Associates. Top-performing Associates receive sponsorship to pursue an MBA, returning to BCG upon completion. Some Associates advance to Consultant and beyond without obtaining an MBA, but the vast majority of Associates attend business school. A few complete JDs, MD and other graduate degrees at various institutions (called ADCs for Advanced Degree Candidates/Consultants). BCG also makes large efforts to hire advanced non-business degree holders. Graduates holding J.D.s, M.D.s and Ph.D.s in disciplines like engineering, science, and liberal arts receive training in business fundamentals and then typically join the firm as Consultants although this varies between different geographies. There is also an opportunity to join as a Summer Associate or Summer Consultant (internship) position for 10 weeks, which for many interns will result in an offer of a full-time position.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Consulting_Group

non talking about ACCA...
chiahau
post Nov 14 2013, 09:21 PM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
14,074 posts

Again, you are blinded by your own ego in explaining the situation.

Did I specifically said that ACCA is better? No.

I mentioned earlier that a range of professional paper is an advantageous over a degree.

In which, ACCA/CIMA/ICAEW/CFA/CPA and whatever that falls under the same category. OR did you not read?

Last check, ain't CFA a professional paper?

So, instead to keep insisting I'm using the Maozaodeng way of explaining, you should actually justify your decision why a degree is way better.

Your answer above already reinforced my point and your shallow understanding of CPA already shown me that you don't really fully grasp the idea regarding some structures of organizations that required some specific skills.

Besides, since you mentioned other universities are paper mills ( since apparently, only university good enough for you is your definition, which god knows what it is ), so what makes you think a degree is again better than a professional qualification?

Since they are from paper mill, what gives them an edge over professional certs holders? Their smile?

This post has been edited by chiahau: Nov 14 2013, 09:30 PM
Critical_Fallacy
post Nov 14 2013, 09:37 PM

∫nnộvisεr
Group Icon
VIP
3,713 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Nov 14 2013, 09:21 PM)
Why do men have to prove themselves to a far great extent? sweat.gif Some men can be easily provoked with dark psychological force into defending something they have a good reason to believe. sweat.gif
chiahau
post Nov 14 2013, 09:42 PM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
14,074 posts

QUOTE(Critical_Fallacy @ Nov 14 2013, 09:37 PM)
Why do men have to prove themselves to a far great extent? sweat.gif Some men can be easily provoked with dark psychological force into defending something they have a good reason to believe. sweat.gif
Sorry Your Highness.

I'll refrain from pointing out the fallacy of his arguments here-forth then. icon_rolleyes.gif
SUSalaskanbunny
post Nov 14 2013, 10:56 PM

Foodie
4,283 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Nov 14 2013, 09:21 PM)

Did I specifically said that ACCA is better? No.

I mentioned earlier that a range of professional paper is an advantageous over a degree.

In which, ACCA/CIMA/ICAEW/CFA/CPA and whatever that falls under the same category. OR did you not read?

Last check, ain't CFA a professional paper?

So, instead to keep insisting I'm using the Maozaodeng way of explaining, you should actually justify your decision why a degree is way better.

Your answer above already reinforced my point and your shallow understanding of CPA already shown me that you don't really fully grasp the idea regarding some structures of organizations that required some specific skills.

Besides, since you mentioned other universities are paper mills ( since apparently, only university good enough for you is your definition, which god knows what it is ), so what makes you think a degree is again better than a professional qualification?

Since they are from paper mill, what gives them an edge over professional certs holders? Their smile?
no ego involve.. just constructive discussion, dont need to bring others into the matter and start calling ppl names

dude, i already mention and acknowledge CFA is a professional paper... the few ones that's on par with an academic qualification.. dont need u to repeat

it doesnt fall within the same category...

well, look at; i am justifying mine... not my fren i know uncle's brother's niece nephew... yada yada, who has this and done that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Voser
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Duke
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_W._Tillerson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu_Chengyu
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Dudley
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liu_Zhenya
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akio_Toyoda
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Winterkorn

i am not talking about CPA, it is CFA dude... specific skills? academic qualification not considered specific?

yes, an academic qualification is valued above prof papers..

paper from paper mills deserve to be burnt
missyanon
post Nov 26 2013, 11:52 AM

2 posts

Hi, has anyone here studied in INTI Nilai? I'm thinking of applying for the their A-Levels program and I just would like to know what's it like to study there. The surrounding, the facilities, the people. Anyone? smile.gif

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0165sec    0.19    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:36 PM