Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Body of fallen Thai paratrooper, graphic video

views

glamour
post Nov 7 2013, 07:44 PM

Under Cover Police
423 posts

Sometimes happen to me also
I deploy parachute too slow in battlefield game.
Mati also.
aminpro
post Nov 7 2013, 07:50 PM

Getting Started
191 posts

QUOTE(glamour @ Nov 7 2013, 07:44 PM)
Sometimes happen to me also
I deploy parachute too slow in battlefield game.
Mati also.
Deploy quickly to avoid being shot before hit the ground. Always works.
heavyduty
post Nov 7 2013, 08:17 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(aminpro @ Nov 7 2013, 04:59 PM)
It seems that they guy was too worried in following procedure such as putting his hand on his head and doing nothing plus worrying too much about his helmet.
that's how its supposed to be.this type of situation is called a towed parachutist

he followed his training and put his hands on his head so not to get more tangled with his line or chute and showed the jump master he's still conscious.

these kind of accidents happen more than people think,either 1)the jump master use a winch to pull the soldier inside or 2)cut the soldier's line so the soldier can deploy his reserve.

the jumpmaster is at fault,he didn't cut the soldier's line quick enough.unfortunately for the soldier,his reserve chute did not work.

aminpro
post Nov 7 2013, 08:20 PM

Getting Started
191 posts

QUOTE(heavyduty @ Nov 7 2013, 08:17 PM)
that's how its supposed to be.this type of situation is called a towed parachutist

he followed his training and put his hands on his head so not to get more tangled with his line or chute and showed the jump master he's still conscious.

these kind of accidents happen more than people think,either 1)the jump master use a winch to pull the soldier inside or 2)cut the soldier's line so the soldier can deploy his reserve.

the jumpmaster is at fault,he didn't cut the soldier's line quick enough.unfortunately for the soldier,his reserve chute did not work.
I see.

One more thing I wonder is why are they going to lower altitude? It's not like they are going to land the plane, dragging the guy on the whole runway.
touix
post Nov 7 2013, 08:29 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(aminpro @ Nov 7 2013, 08:20 PM)
I see.

One more thing I wonder is why are they going to lower altitude? It's not like they are going to land the plane, dragging the guy on the whole runway.
They must thought the guy can run on his feet while being dragged until the plane stops lol
heavyduty
post Nov 7 2013, 08:30 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(aminpro @ Nov 7 2013, 08:20 PM)
I see.

maybe they tried to untangle the main chute and going to lower altitude to reduce the wind resistance,I dunno lol.the whole thing is f***ed up

static line jumps are usually done at low altitude(800-600)ft

the pilot was actually climbing so that the soldier had time to fix his rig but the jumpmaster didn't cut the static line at the right time,the soldier didn't have time to deploy his reserve

the plane doesn't look like a C-130,looks like a beat up old C-47

This post has been edited by heavyduty: Nov 7 2013, 08:37 PM
TittleTattleToxin
post Nov 7 2013, 08:35 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(heavyduty @ Nov 7 2013, 08:30 PM)
static line jumps are safely done at 3500ft and are dangerous at higher altitudes

the pilot was actually climbing so that the soldier had time to fix his rig but the jumpmaster didn't cut the static line at the right time,the soldier didn't have time to deploy his reserve

the plane doesn't look like a C-130,looks like a beat up old C-47
oooo hmm.gif
bamkai
post Nov 7 2013, 09:01 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

cos horror is not enough for thais
hackwire
post Nov 7 2013, 10:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

QUOTE(heavyduty @ Nov 7 2013, 08:17 PM)

Nope, the pilot trying to return to homebased thus the low altitude. I dont think he has enuf time to skydive to release the chute.
United Rulez
post Nov 7 2013, 10:49 PM

On my way
660 posts

QUOTE(hackwire @ Nov 7 2013, 06:19 PM)
Lightning thinking is lacking here. All the troopers insides and pilot have no clue in emergency SOP. U need to face DEATH with Courage . The troopers panic just like any ordinary joe. He could have climb up steadily or must not hesitate too long..
Wonder how many were left inside the plane after that. Maybe only the instructor left?

By the way can anyone explain why the 1st jump is at a higher altitude?
heavyduty
post Nov 8 2013, 02:16 AM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(United Rulez @ Nov 7 2013, 10:49 PM)
Wonder how many were left inside the plane after that. Maybe only the instructor left?

By the way can anyone explain why the 1st jump is at a higher altitude?
that one is HAHO jump.probably under 20,000 feet.the first guy has an altimeter and they use ram air canopies

the second cut in the video shows static line jumps,which are done under 1000 feet.A cord that deploys the parachute is attached to the plane's fuselage.when the guy jumps,the cord becomes stiff and pulls on his pack deploying the chute

the pilot didn't descend to land the plane,static line memang low altitude

This post has been edited by heavyduty: Nov 8 2013, 02:26 AM
hackwire
post Nov 8 2013, 08:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

QUOTE(heavyduty @ Nov 8 2013, 02:16 AM)
that one is HAHO jump.probably under 20,000 feet.the first guy has an altimeter and they use ram air canopies

the second cut in the video shows static line jumps,which are done under 1000 feet.A cord that deploys the parachute is attached to the plane's fuselage.when the guy jumps,the cord becomes stiff and pulls on his pack deploying the chute

the pilot didn't descend to land the plane,static line memang low altitude
Obviously, the method and technology have to change . Even the saftey chute wont be able to help when g force is overwhelming. The paratrooper spin like hell on the way down.
heavyduty
post Nov 8 2013, 12:46 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

Meh.military Parachuting hasn't change much since the 50s

Even during landing, it's not like the movies, it's very violent and the risk of injury is very high

supermoto
post Nov 8 2013, 12:50 PM

Casual
373 posts

QUOTE(heavyduty @ Nov 8 2013, 12:46 PM)
Meh.military Parachuting hasn't change much since the 50s

Even during landing, it's not like the movies, it's very violent and the risk of injury is very high
then wouldnt it risk giving the enemy heard the aircraft approaching the LZ with the low level flight?
heavyduty
post Nov 8 2013, 03:48 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

QUOTE(supermoto @ Nov 8 2013, 12:50 PM)
then wouldnt it risk giving the enemy heard the aircraft approaching the LZ with the low level flight?
Yes but the enemy would be too confused and disorganised to mount a proper defence. Static line jumps are done en masse and have multiple LZs. Even prepared enemies can be overwhelmed.

There's a reason why paratroopers are regarded as elite

supermoto
post Nov 8 2013, 03:49 PM

Casual
373 posts

QUOTE(heavyduty @ Nov 8 2013, 03:48 PM)
Yes but the enemy would be too confused and disorganised to mount a proper defence. Static line jumps are done en masse and have multiple LZs. Even prepared enemies can be overwhelmed.

rclxms.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif thumbup.gif
supermoto
post Nov 8 2013, 03:52 PM

Casual
373 posts

QUOTE(heavyduty @ Nov 8 2013, 03:48 PM)

3 Pages < 1 2 3
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0137sec    0.13    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:11 AM