Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
125 Pages « < 106 107 108 109 110 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Credit Cards Credit Card v18, Post/Ask general questions here, Please read post 1-3 before posting, tq

views

sj0217
post Sep 4 2015, 04:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,462 posts

QUOTE(fkinmeng @ Sep 4 2015, 04:03 PM)
anyone claim free gsc tickets for birthday month before? how to go about it?
I bring it to here this topic.

I have received SMS regarding free movie ticket. I went to check it out after that... get to know that only one movie is entitled for free...

Ended up I didn't exchange it as the movie to me is no interested... you can direct go to Gold class for redemption
fkinmeng
post Sep 4 2015, 04:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,179 posts

QUOTE(sj0217 @ Sep 4 2015, 04:22 PM)
I bring it to here this topic.

I have received SMS regarding free movie ticket. I went to check it out after that... get to know that only one movie is entitled for free...

Ended up I didn't exchange it as the movie to me is no interested... you can direct go to Gold class for redemption
just have to show my hlb-gsc credit card? thanks.
sj0217
post Sep 4 2015, 05:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,462 posts

QUOTE(fkinmeng @ Sep 4 2015, 04:41 PM)
just have to show my hlb-gsc credit card? thanks.
Yup correct
cappuccino vs latte
post Sep 6 2015, 10:37 PM

Enthusiast
736 posts

What are the reasons behind rejection of transactions then? Sometimes is not about exceed credit limit.

Press Digest: Fluctuation of ringgit not to be blamed for credit cards rejections overseas

PETALING JAYA: Don't blame the fluctuation of the ringgit for any rejection of Malaysian credit cards for transactions overseas, says Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM).

Responding to a query on a report that a Malaysian executive had her credit card rejected at points of sales overseas, a central bank official said any fluctuation in the ringgit would not affect the acceptance of credit cards issued in Malaysia as such transactions were based on the clearing and settlement mechanism between the parties involved.

The official, who was not named, told China Press: "It is illogical to blame the rejection of Malaysian credit cards overseas on how the ringgit fares. The rejection of a Malaysian's credit card by overseas business outlets has nothing to do with the strength of the Malaysian currency."

Although the ringgit is not accepted as legal tender for transactions at business outlets overseas nor accepted by money changers at foreign countries, there has never been any doubt on the use of Malaysian credit cards overseas.

According to China Press, it had been reported that the Malaysian executive complained that an American outlet for luxury brands and a British international airport refused to accept her credit card, forcing her to use her debit card, and prompting her to believe that the two incidents had to do with the devaluation of the ringgit.

The BNM official explained that in many instances, Malaysian credit cards were rejected because the cardholders were not aware of the details of their cards, such as the credit limit.

"If your card limit is RM50,000 but you are trying to make a transaction valued at RM60,000, your card will of course be rejected," said the official.

SUSsupersound
post Sep 7 2015, 11:12 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(cappuccino vs latte @ Sep 6 2015, 10:37 PM)
What are the reasons behind rejection of transactions then? Sometimes is not about exceed credit limit.
Press Digest: Fluctuation of ringgit not to be blamed for credit cards rejections overseas
Sometimes more on value of our currency are totally rubbish to them. Like last 3 years Hatyai willing to accept our at rm1 = 10 baht, now with rm1 = 5 baht also they don't want.
kit2
post Sep 7 2015, 10:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,128 posts

QUOTE(cappuccino vs latte @ Sep 6 2015, 10:37 PM)
i think it's more like credit limit is 50k, you make a 50k purchase, but ringgit suddenly tanks and the converted value becomes 60k. smile.gif
Nardev87
post Sep 8 2015, 12:18 AM

48 posts

Hi

My Maybank credit card's due date is on 17th and plan to pay it on 28th once I got my salary. Will they record it on CCRIS if I miss the payment by 11 days? Any grace period? Thanks
TSalexwsk
post Sep 8 2015, 09:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,037 posts

QUOTE(Nardev87 @ Sep 8 2015, 12:18 AM)
Hi

My Maybank credit card's due date is on 17th and plan to pay it on 28th once I got my salary. Will they record it on CCRIS if I miss the payment by 11 days? Any grace period? Thanks
pay at least the minimum first or more, else will be recorded on CCRIS
then pay full once you get ur salary
fruitie
post Sep 8 2015, 02:17 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,989 posts

QUOTE(Nardev87 @ Sep 8 2015, 12:18 AM)
Hi

As advised by alexwsk and also please plan your spending accordingly.
I suggest you to clear this payment later and stop using your card until you have ready fund. This is so dangerous to spend beyond your means..
prescott2006
post Sep 9 2015, 08:40 AM

Enthusiast
862 posts

Which bank offers the best cash advance rate currently?
fruitie
post Sep 9 2015, 08:59 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,989 posts

QUOTE(prescott2006 @ Sep 9 2015, 08:40 AM)
Which bank offers the best cash advance rate currently?
I hope you do know that cash advance interest is counted on daily basis.
prescott2006
post Sep 9 2015, 09:29 AM

Enthusiast
862 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Sep 9 2015, 08:59 AM)
I hope you do know that cash advance interest is counted on daily basis.
I thought some cash advance like Maybank Ezycash offer a processing fee of 3.88% and 0% if we manage to pay the full amount within 6 months?
karcity
post Sep 9 2015, 03:18 PM

Enthusiast
700 posts

I recently apply maybank cc and received Lazada voucher. rM 200. May I know this Lazada voucher has any minimal spending? Or I can choose an item worth RM 200 and spend it?
MoneyMaker prince
post Sep 9 2015, 09:03 PM

On my way
507 posts

QUOTE(karcity @ Sep 9 2015, 03:18 PM)
I recently apply maybank cc and received Lazada voucher. rM 200. May I know this Lazada voucher has any minimal spending? Or I can choose an item worth RM 200 and spend it?
You can choose an item worth RM200 and spend it.

Else for RM30 voucher, min spending is RM150
karcity
post Sep 10 2015, 04:41 PM

Enthusiast
700 posts

I swipe in a cafe today , half way swiping, the worker say it didn't go through and press cancel button. However, I received a SMS stating the transaction successful. The worker request for another cc to swipe again. When I call the bank, the bank say the transaction is successful. But when the merchant call their bank, then their bank say the transaction is not successful. Should I allow the worker to swipe again?
chiahau
post Sep 11 2015, 10:02 AM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
14,074 posts

QUOTE(karcity @ Sep 10 2015, 04:41 PM)
I swipe in a cafe today , half way swiping, the worker say it didn't go through and press cancel button. However, I received a SMS stating the transaction successful. The worker request for another cc to swipe again. When I call the bank, the bank say the transaction is successful. But when the merchant call their bank, then their bank say the transaction is not successful. Should I allow the worker to swipe again?
I think the worker cancelled too early laugh.gif

Happened to me once when the line was bad at the cafe.

Was double charged for my transaction.

I did let them swipe again and I called Maybank to ensure that only 1 transaction was performed.

Took them 14 days to reverse the charge thou.

karcity
post Sep 11 2015, 10:13 AM

Enthusiast
700 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Sep 11 2015, 10:02 AM)
I think the worker cancelled too early laugh.gif

Happened to me once when the line was bad at the cafe.

Was double charged for my transaction.

I did let them swipe again and I called Maybank to ensure that only 1 transaction was performed.

Took them 14 days to reverse the charge thou.
I call maybank, maybank say check transaction after 7 days, if they charged 2 times, then fill in dispute form.. So much hassle.
chiahau
post Sep 11 2015, 10:15 AM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
14,074 posts

QUOTE(karcity @ Sep 11 2015, 10:13 AM)
I call maybank, maybank say check transaction after 7 days, if they charged 2 times, then fill in dispute form.. So much hassle.
Like this one lo.

They have to follow procedure also what.

I did write a complete email with detailed timeline and I scanned the copy of the CC slip which I was given as a proof that only 1 transaction was authorized.

karcity
post Sep 11 2015, 10:26 AM

Enthusiast
700 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Sep 11 2015, 10:15 AM)
Like this one lo.

They have to follow procedure also what.

I did write a complete email with detailed timeline and I scanned the copy of the CC slip which I was given as a proof that only 1 transaction was authorized.
After so many years using credit card, now I found this is the drawback. It spoil the my mood when I was disturb with this small thing. Also I noticed the important of setting SMS alert to RM1. or else, the bank not even will SMS me and I not even know the merchant swipe 2 times!

And actually in the past I encounter this before also, but I always allow them to swipe second times, third times because my cc SMS alert was set at rM 500. So I don't know whether in the past someone charged 2 times on same item!

This post has been edited by karcity: Sep 11 2015, 10:28 AM
fruitie
post Sep 11 2015, 10:42 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,989 posts

QUOTE(karcity @ Sep 11 2015, 10:26 AM)
After so many years using credit card, now I found this is the drawback. It spoil the my mood when I was disturb with this small thing. Also I noticed the important of setting SMS alert to RM1. or else, the bank not even will SMS me and I not even know the merchant swipe 2 times!

And actually in the past I encounter this before also, but I always allow them to swipe second times, third times because my cc SMS alert was set at rM 500. So I don't know whether in the past someone charged 2 times on same item!
I had about the same problem with my MACH as well. The merchant swiped three times and I didn't have any SMS alert. sweat.gif
I knew it went through the first time but the shop said no, tried second time only noticed the machine was out of receipt rolls and third time only had paper came out. mad.gif

She assured me only one transaction went through. The fact is three went through after my CC application agent helped me to check my unbilled transaction. At that time, I had issue applying an online account as well. doh.gif

Anyway since transactions went through, I had to go back to the shop to request for refund. I had the printing of the transaction as proof.

Fortunately for me, the boss was damn nice and she knew my card was charged three times when she closed her transactions that night. In fact, she has prepared the money for me and waiting for me to collect the money from her. laugh.gif She was saying she didn't know how to contact me because she didn't have my details and she knew I'll be back. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by fruitie: Sep 11 2015, 10:42 AM

125 Pages « < 106 107 108 109 110 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0283sec    0.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:55 AM