Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

For Small and Medium Business Owners v2, Come In and Share Your Biz ~

views

NightHeart
post Jun 8 2019, 02:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(Michael44 @ Jun 8 2019, 11:26 AM)
I plan starting an online affiliate marketing business but I need help  so that I go in the right direction. I am a novice and I have no idea on which niche to focus on that generates traffic. I don’t want to invest money and at the end run into a loss.
Which direction/path should I follow? Anyone here in the affiliate marketing niche? Your help would be really appreciated.
You start by being an online influencer first.
williamlee_1985
post Jun 8 2019, 11:32 PM

The Red Devils wear Nike
2,004 posts

Any whatsapp group for this thread?
christcwl9
post Jun 9 2019, 10:14 AM

^ Engineer ^
Group Icon
2,772 posts

QUOTE(williamlee_1985 @ Jun 8 2019, 11:32 PM)
Any whatsapp group for this thread?
Count me in bro, im also interested in the whatsapp group
NightHeart
post Jun 9 2019, 01:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(christcwl9 @ Jun 9 2019, 10:14 AM)
Count me in bro, im also interested in the whatsapp group
There was once a group here many years ago, that meets up once a month or so & play Cashflow 101. Thankfully no UT/Insurance/MLM agents invasion laugh.gif
While some session was alright, but eventually it became inactive because there were more takers than givers. IMO Whatsapp alone may be difficult for something so general as SME. It may work if it's a smaller niche like the Amazon FBA group, cause the discussions will be relevant to everyone in it.

If you're serious in this, you should consider the likes of BNI, JCI, Vistage etc etc. It's more fruitful.
paogeh
post Jun 16 2019, 03:53 AM

Regular
1,534 posts

want to ask ,

If quit fixed salary job , and jump to sell morning Nasi lemak

Assuming the nasi lemak is tasty
Just 1 person doing/selling .

Is it possible to earn more that RM10K monthly ?

*I;m from Penang, if there's group or watsapp , pls invite me ,i'm interested . Thank you

Andyzz
post Jun 16 2019, 10:34 AM

Lost Kampung Boy
1,196 posts

QUOTE(paogeh @ Jun 16 2019, 03:53 AM)
want to ask ,
If quit fixed salary job , and jump to sell morning Nasi lemak

Assuming the nasi lemak is tasty
Just 1 person doing/selling .

Is it possible to  earn more that RM10K monthly ?

*I;m from Penang, if there's group or watsapp , pls invite me ,i'm interested . Thank you
Earning 10k is easy but pocketing 10k is hard.

Assuming you are selling average of Rm5 per pack.

10,000RM Revenue / 5RM per pack = 2000. You need to sell 2000 pack of Nasi Lemak to get the amount you want.

2000 pack / 22 days = 91 pack. you need to sell 91 pack per day for the span of 22 days(workdays)

91 pack / 5 hours = 19 pack. you need to sell 19 pack an hour from the span of 5.30 till 10.30

All the above is only for revenue and not yet include your cost / ingredient / misc cost.

** At the side, you might receive bulk order from time to time.
Yiht1 P
post Jun 22 2019, 11:37 PM

Probation
24 posts

Hi all, I used to live in Australia for 7 years for studies and working.
I’m about to buy an existing restaurant, just wondering any businessman had that sort of experience before and would like to share it with me?
I’m currently doing due diligence with the business but other than that, I don’t really know what would be the best way to take over.
megaspntrdg
post Jun 23 2019, 03:11 AM

2 posts

Hi all

Got an idea of opening a pet boarding place and provide a medical benefit (attached with a vet clinic) as added value. Lots of pet owners are worried about their pets during boarding stay (including me. Lol) so i was thinking this might be a good business.

Problem is...how to convince a vet to partner up with my shop?
MoneyMaker prince
post Jun 23 2019, 10:54 AM

On my way
507 posts

QUOTE(megaspntrdg @ Jun 23 2019, 03:11 AM)
Hi all

Got an idea of opening a pet boarding place and provide a medical benefit (attached with a vet clinic) as added value. Lots of pet owners are worried about their pets during boarding stay (including me. Lol) so i was thinking this might be a good business.

Problem is...how to convince a vet to partner up with my shop?
Hi I am a dog owner as well. Usually when we send our pet to boarding place, we will look for a clean and affordable place to prevent our dog infected with virus from other dogs there.

Your proposal of partnering with a vet to provide medical care for your dog during the stay is not a new stuff to me. In fact, there are vet that offer pet boarding service. But partnering a vet for your shop is going to increase the cost of a dog staying per night and this might divert your customer away. Have you work out that yet?
ipunk1026
post Jul 30 2019, 05:50 PM

Getting Started
185 posts

QUOTE(alpha team @ Dec 4 2018, 01:07 PM)
will KPDDNKK fine on these product? thought their role is jz to make sure that the price are reasonable. I plan to open the shop at My Town (next to ikea cheras), not GM Klang.
are you toys seller too?
Bro have u open your shop?
Haru Glory
post Jul 31 2019, 07:39 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

Hi guys,

I’m interested to do an import business (nutritious product) protein powder to sell here in Malaysia.

I think it’s best to start as sole proprietor, as I will be doing it alone. The fees to register I believe is only RM 60 for the SSM

How about to get my product certified ? Local certification from health department ? Anybody have any experience ?

Also if I’m dealing product coming from outside, I should also liaise with the custom department right ? Permit or some sort

And yes logistic company to transport your goods around. Can look for a good service on google.

Is there anything else I should look into ? Your advice is highly appreciated. Tq in Advance.

*I’m from KL, if there's group or watsapp , pls invite me ,i'm interested . Thank you

Lunatic_Usagi
post Aug 8 2019, 12:54 PM

9 posts

Should I loan from Mara or Tekun? I already have the business and own 2 shops but I need around RM 10 000 for modal. Which one is easier and don't have much bullshit? Or is there any better alternative? And yes, I'm a bumiputra.
Clan204
post Aug 31 2019, 10:20 AM

Getting Started
234 posts

hi there asking here if someone know if eco shop do provide franchise to open a branch of their brand? or do they supply items for rm2 shops? thx
TradeMinim
post Aug 31 2019, 08:39 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(Haru Glory @ Jul 31 2019, 07:39 PM)
Hi guys,

I’m interested to do an import business (nutritious product) protein powder to sell here in Malaysia.

I think it’s best to start as sole proprietor, as I will be doing it alone. The fees to register I believe is only RM 60 for the SSM

How about to get my product certified ? Local certification from health department ? Anybody have any experience ?

Also if I’m dealing product coming from outside, I should also liaise with the custom department right ? Permit or some sort

And yes logistic company to transport your goods around. Can look for a good service on google.

Is there anything else I should look into ? Your advice is highly appreciated. Tq in Advance.

*I’m from KL, if there's group or watsapp , pls invite me ,i'm interested . Thank you
Get certification from GMP, HACCP, ISO, MeSTI
Haru Glory
post Sep 2 2019, 05:08 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(TradeMinim @ Aug 31 2019, 08:39 PM)
Get certification from GMP, HACCP, ISO, MeSTI
I shall have a look at those tonight and learn more about it.

Thank you !
NightHeart
post Sep 3 2019, 01:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(Haru Glory @ Sep 2 2019, 05:08 PM)
I shall have a look at those tonight and learn more about it.

Thank you !
Since July, how's your plan coming along?

Once you brought the items in, how do you plan to sell it?
rainpearpirate
post Sep 24 2019, 03:22 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

hi i would like to start a company with a few people. roughly how much will the shareholder's agreement cost if prepared by lawyer?
a13solut3
post Sep 24 2019, 03:41 PM

Whiner FTW!
1,673 posts

QUOTE(a13solut3 @ Dec 24 2018, 03:43 PM)
Hi, any f&b sifu that gives advise to me?

1. I've secured a unit to expand my father business situated at quite high end shoplots in Johor.

2. He selling wantan noodle for about 10 years+ now and quite well known and unique in the hometown at food court gerai. His turnover is no less than RM16,000 a month.

3. I'll limit my variety to few products to maintain quality and control.

4. So far I've allocated about :-
RM150k - ID's
RM80k - Machineries
Approx RM230k are to be combined and used for Interior Design + Kitchen needs for a 28* X 52* shop. Just a simple noodle shop with Chinese wood-decor ish.
RM20k - Advertising / Promotions
RM30k - Misc

Will not be taking loans as I've the cash at hand for disposal so less risk there. Shoplot rental is @ RM6k/month.

Planned to hire 2 cooks @ RM2100 + 3 restaurant staff @ RM1800.

In February / March, I'll start opening Sdn Bhd company owned by me and my brother, March-June, kick start testing all food, drinks menu.

July - December, most probably renovation.

Opening in January 2020.

Any important thing that I missed in the planning stages?

P/S: I've done P&L too. In the worst case scenario, I might end up with no salary for myself. Unless the sales are worst than my worst case scenario.

My fixed cost - rental, manpower, utilities is at approximately RM23k/month.
Variable cost hovers around RM12k-RM40k/month depending on how good sales is. Inter-related with material costing.

All in all, my plan will be like this.

1) Open Sdn Bhd - either by agent or myself
2) Open  Current account
3) Get premis lesen perniagaan dan iklan from local council
4) Get permohonan premis makanan from KKM
5) Get cert for latihan pengendali makanan and also suntikan typhoid (this is applicable to owner and staff right? any oral intake allow or must be injection?) I hate injection lulz.
6) Start doing ID etc.

My main issue now is :-

1) This is my first business.
2) I've absolutely no idea how to set up the kitchen for mass-production.
3) On the point 2, I will definitely engage ID, but I think it should not be sufficient as their job is only design. Are there any F&B advisor/consultant that actually provide services / advise on the kitchen needs and configuration or I will need to figure all this out on my own? If you have a good one @ reasonable pricing, hook me up but make sure can come Johor la!
So last year I was asking about this. Glad to see now thing is in progress. So there's changes in how I start and do thing.

1) Partnership instead of Sdn Bhd
2) Open Current Account
3) ID is in progress now, expected to complete by end of October.
Cost is approximately RM300k all inclusive.
i) I ended up self research everything and buy all kitchen equipments from China. This is after research to some franchise that was opened by my friend
ii) ID doing all the exterior work

4) Premis lesen perniagaan dan iklan - early next year
5) Permohonan premis makanan - early next year
6) Get cert for latihan pengendali makanan and suntikan typhoid - early next year

7) Food r&d will begin after ID completed to test all kitchen equipments and finalize menu.
8) Cost projection, profit, all has been worked out into 2-3 years ahead. 5 scenarios has been projected during this period. This period has consumed approximately 8 months of discussion with partner and reviewed by friend. Now the only thing is put it to the test once the shop operate.
9) Projected to open on March 2020/April 2020 to coincide with all other shop opening in the surrounding area.

I can only say that it is a very complicated process, the first is the ID which cost has inflated from 150k to almost 230k. and the remaining hurdle is the manpower and training.

Finger crossed when the business kickstart and hopefully my projection is accurate.
SonnyCooL
post Sep 24 2019, 07:53 PM

Web Bastard
5,957 posts

any good sales manager here ?
Jaschong
post Sep 24 2019, 11:36 PM

Getting Started
113 posts

Hi guys,

I'm considering venturing into the dropshipping business, anyone with relevant experience could share what are the prospects venturing into this?

133 Pages « < 116 117 118 119 120 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0283sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:15 AM