Sonos Wireless Multi Room System, Stream Music wirelessly

views

blessedvillain
post Aug 30 2018, 04:52 PM

Certified LYN Hacker (C)
847 posts

QUOTE(ZzZzz... @ Aug 30 2018, 10:07 AM)
wow, kinda pricy
RM30/month or RM1 a day for unlimited music listening in high fidelity quality? That’s a steal!!
A trip to Starbucks for 2 persons costs more than RM30 these days.

I rather drink 3 in 1 Kopi and listen to my Sonos + Tidal HiFi at home.
rvd91
post Sep 14 2018, 11:00 AM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(blessedvillain @ Aug 30 2018, 04:52 PM)
RM30/month or RM1 a day for unlimited music listening in high fidelity quality? That’s a steal!!
A trip to Starbucks for 2 persons costs more than RM30 these days.

I rather drink 3 in 1 Kopi and listen to my Sonos + Tidal HiFi at home.
Haha, RM 30 a month for accessibility to high fidelity music sounds good to me. Just hope that Tidal's range of music choices expands as time passes. icon_rolleyes.gif
neo_grayfox
post Dec 17 2018, 01:24 PM

46 posts

Any year end sales for Sonos?
Am looking for Sonos Play 1
littlewing
post Dec 31 2018, 11:26 AM

Getting Started
246 posts

QUOTE(neo_grayfox @ Dec 17 2018, 01:24 PM)
Any year end sales for Sonos?
Am looking for Sonos Play 1
yes harvey norman, 1.5k for a pair Play 1.
ctphua
post Jan 6 2019, 11:25 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

anyone letting go used sonos speaker? i am looking for one
andrewtho
post Jan 13 2019, 09:25 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(rvd91 @ Mar 1 2018, 11:54 AM)
Hello there! Very good question, thanks for your interest.  icon_rolleyes.gif

SONOS PLAY 1 works as a music speaker, yes you can pair wirelessly (provided your wifi coverage is good - fundamentals of using SONOS speakers ) in every room. SONOS PLAY 1 does not come with voice activation (product was launched about 3-4 years back) , however if you want to use voice activation you will need to purchase Amazon Echo Dot separately.

You are right , SONOS ONE is not fully functional in Malaysia & Singapore yet. Hopefully it will be available soon, HOWEVER I MAY HAVE A WAY TO BYPASS IT. I will be testing it and letting you guys know soon!

If you need any stocks , pm me smile.gif im a recognized supplier with valid warranty.
Hi, don't mean to bump an old post - but I have a question regarding the Alexa service in Malaysia, thought maybe you can help me clear some doubts?

I'm considering the Sonos One, as my smart speaker / bedroom speaker. I think the Sonos One fits the bill, once the Google Assistant integration is ready - early 2019. However, the current assistant that is available on Sonos One is Alexa, will I be able to use this service while waiting for GA?

All my devices are iOS / MacOS so AirPlay for me is a bonus.

Thanks
rvd91
post Jan 15 2019, 12:01 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(andrewtho @ Jan 13 2019, 09:25 PM)
Hi, don't mean to bump an old post - but I have a question regarding the Alexa service in Malaysia, thought maybe you can help me clear some doubts?

I'm considering the Sonos One, as my smart speaker / bedroom speaker. I think the Sonos One fits the bill, once the Google Assistant integration is ready - early 2019. However, the current assistant that is available on Sonos One is Alexa, will I be able to use this service while waiting for GA?

All my devices are iOS / MacOS so AirPlay for me is a bonus.

Thanks
Hi, no worries about it, just ask away! The SONOS ONE has a built in microphone that is not specified to just use ALEXA services (at least thats what SONOS says). There has been talks about google voice assistant in forums all these years, but not a solid date as to when it will be released.

As for now, ALEXA and GOOGLE services are actually not OFFICIALLY launched in Singapore or Malaysia. You can still use the ALEXA service on SONOS ONE, there is a way to use it. Will drop you a PM.

Yes the SONOS one is airplay compatible, cast it to the SONOS ONE speaker and soon you can group whatever that is playing on it to all other SONOS speakers.

Hope this helps ! thumbsup.gif
rvd91
post Jan 15 2019, 12:02 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(ctphua @ Jan 6 2019, 11:25 PM)
anyone letting go used sonos speaker? i am looking for one
Try Carousell Malaysia, i saw a few peeps letting go of used ones.

andrewtho
post Jan 20 2019, 09:31 AM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(rvd91 @ Jan 15 2019, 12:01 PM)
Hi, no worries about it, just ask away! The SONOS ONE has a built in microphone that is not specified to just use ALEXA  services (at least thats what SONOS says). There has been talks about google voice assistant in forums all these years, but not a solid date as to when  it will be released.

As for now, ALEXA and GOOGLE services are actually not OFFICIALLY launched in Singapore or Malaysia. You can still use the ALEXA service on SONOS ONE, there is a way to use it. Will drop you a PM.

Yes the SONOS one is airplay compatible, cast it to the SONOS ONE speaker and soon you can group whatever that is playing on it to all other SONOS speakers.

Hope this helps !  :thumbsup:
Hey buddy,

Thanks for the great help, I managed to get a work-around to get Alexa on my iPhone as I currently have an Apple Music subscription - cant get rid of it until it ends so I'm stuck with the same country until it terminates.

However, I created another Apple ID, set store Country to US and downloaded it on my current device, log back out and Alexa is still there. Managed to configure Alexa with my current smart bulbs and Mija Bed Lamp - works like a charm.

Also made an impromptu purchase of the Sonos One while shopping the other day 🤣 saw it as available and grabbed it straight. Cheers!
andrewtho
post Jan 22 2019, 11:15 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

Okay so after 3 days of using the Sonos One, I am very impressed with the sound quality.

Overall the speaker is quite well built, the bass is just right, not too overwhelming and not too soft - perfect for my genre (Rock, Indie and Alternatives),

The only dislike would be for Alexa. Man, Alexa is just awful. Cant wait for Google Assistant to come onboard soon.

To those who are considering the Sonos One, do give it a try, you might like it.
Nando's
post Jan 23 2019, 09:59 AM

Casual
429 posts

Might get one of it in the future, anyway can i connect it to my TV?
rvd91
post Jan 23 2019, 02:16 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(andrewtho @ Jan 22 2019, 11:15 PM)
Okay so after 3 days of using the Sonos One, I am very impressed with the sound quality.

Overall the speaker is quite well built, the bass is just right, not too overwhelming and not too soft - perfect for my genre (Rock, Indie and Alternatives),

The only dislike would be for Alexa. Man, Alexa is just awful. Cant wait for Google Assistant to come onboard soon.

To those who are considering the Sonos One, do give it a try, you might like it.
Glad to be of help. And yes, i have used the Google Assistant and find it way better than the Alexa. The wait for google assistant on SONOS mic enabled- devices now is a major headache, playing the waiting game, no clear direction or answer as to when it will be released. The user interface overall in my experience of Google assistance is more precise and user friendly. Speaking about app set up as well.

The SONOS ONE speakers are just right for small rooms or if you just want ambiance music to be played on the background. Try playing instrumental music, it delivers pretty well in the details.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. Enjoy your product!
rvd91
post Jan 23 2019, 02:19 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(Nando's @ Jan 23 2019, 09:59 AM)
Might get one of it in the future, anyway can i connect it to my TV?
Hi There! Well, you know who to call if you want to get one brows.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

To answer your question, NOPE , the SONOS ONE cant be directly connected to the TV. The SONOS ONE operates more or less like a standalone speaker, or can be used as surround speakers if you did that whole 5.1 thing. However, if you are using an apple device, you can cast youtube / fb sound to the SONOS ONE via Airplay2.

If you are looking for a device to be connected to the TV . You can choose the Playbar , Beam or Playbase.

Hope this helps!

littlewing
post Jan 25 2019, 04:17 PM

Getting Started
246 posts

QUOTE(andrewtho @ Jan 22 2019, 11:15 PM)

Sonos one is exactly the same as Sonos play 1 except with microphone for voice command.

Harvey normal is selling the play 1 now for RM700. Really good deal I think. Thinking of picking one up. Haven’t tested the sound though.

andrewtho
post Jan 25 2019, 08:45 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(littlewing @ Jan 25 2019, 04:17 PM)
Sonos one is exactly the same as Sonos play 1 except with microphone for voice command.

Harvey normal is selling the play 1 now for RM700. Really good deal I think. Thinking of picking one up. Haven’t tested the sound though.
Yeah depending on your preference, i like voice automation, basically using my speaker as a smart device.

Also the Play:1 does not have AirPlay2 🤔
littlewing
post Jan 25 2019, 09:34 PM

Getting Started
246 posts

QUOTE(andrewtho @ Jan 25 2019, 08:45 PM)
Yeah depending on your preference, i like voice automation, basically using my speaker as a smart device.

Also the Play:1 does not have AirPlay2 🤔
Yes correct no AirPlay 2. The premium now for Sonos one is so high. I’m more of a audio quality person and must be over WiFi. I do love the sound quality of HomePod over the Sonos One/Play 1 but the connectivity of the HomePod is horrible.

Some say the HomePod apparently is on par with B&O M5 smile.gif
andrewtho
post Jan 25 2019, 09:44 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(littlewing @ Jan 25 2019, 09:34 PM)
Yes correct no AirPlay 2. The premium now for Sonos one is so high. I’m more of a audio quality person and must be over WiFi. I do love the sound quality of HomePod over the Sonos One/Play 1 but the connectivity of the HomePod is horrible.

Some say the HomePod apparently is on par with B&O M5 smile.gif
Yeah i do agree on HomePod as well, gave it a test and the sound quality is amazing.

ee7han
post Jan 30 2019, 05:27 PM

Casual
316 posts

anyone using Sonos as a home theater 5.1 system?
rvd91
post Jan 31 2019, 11:31 AM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(ee7han @ Jan 30 2019, 05:27 PM)
anyone using Sonos as a home theater 5.1 system?
Yes, experienced before. How can we help you sir?
ee7han
post Jan 31 2019, 04:01 PM

Casual
316 posts

QUOTE(rvd91 @ Jan 31 2019, 11:31 AM)
Yes, experienced before. How can we help you sir?
you selling? pls pm details.

btw. which one better beam or playbar? biggrin.gif

13 Pages « < 9 10 11 12 13 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0253sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:19 AM