Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The New 9th Gen Honda Accord, Honda Accord 2013 and up

views

mym123
post Jul 27 2016, 01:33 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

Dear all, the current model is having up to,RM15k discount....worth to take it or waiting for the new model coming? Anyway when the new model will be launch in Malaysia?

This post has been edited by mym123: Jul 27 2016, 01:42 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
mym123
post Sep 16 2016, 05:29 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

Test drive the the face lifted 2.0 vtiL model just now....almost bought the accord back in 2012...however let down by the cabin noise.....
The new facelifted is much better insulation than the 2012 model......love the lane watch......however very letdown by the 5 speed gearbox which is very noisy and feel like to explode when accelerate from 60kmh to 120kmh.....the leather quite hard....like the style and design....
mym123
post Sep 16 2016, 05:41 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

Maybe the combo of gearbox and the engine is not matching together.....not sure abt the 2.4 model....not yet testing it....

This post has been edited by mym123: Sep 16 2016, 05:46 PM
mym123
post Apr 14 2017, 08:22 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

my experience on Honda Accord started with 8th generation model....looking for D segment car that time....test drove most of the D segment car such as Camry, Accord, Camry, Optima and Sonata....as my priority is NVH, I finally choose Teana with its superior NVH among most D segment car....recently i test drove the current Accord as i have the intention to change my Teana....there are slightly improvement on the soundproofing but still not at par with the current Teana/Camry in term of NVH....but what really turn me off is the 5 speed GB which is translated as dinosaur gearbox in current auto technology (sorry guys) wish that the next Accord could improve in term of NVH and using CVT gearbox like current US 3.5 V6 Accord and I can finally become Accord owner...
mym123
post Apr 22 2017, 11:55 AM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(elementum @ Apr 20 2017, 12:42 PM)
Drove it before. Hated the rubberband effect and the confused gear selection. Reminded me of ladies trying to buy tomato and picking tomato like there is tomorrow no tomorrow when it's only tomato, can be quite scary if you overtake lorries on the coastal road. Nah. I love powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....  brows.gif
CVT have infinity gear ratio....its will built speed without any jerkiness that you feel with conventional 5 speed auto GB that you have....in CVT you dont feel the speed but your speedometer tell different story....already owned Teana xTronic CVT for the past 5 years and Honda Jazz with CVT Gearbox for one year plus....i dont have any problem overtaking lorries or any other cars whether on highway or any other roads....your statement similar to person driving manual car for its whole life and reluctant to drive auto car saying that auto car have no power.....hahaha...i wait for the days Honda Malaysia to bring its Accord CVT gearbox like in the US current model and consider owning Accord....
mym123
post Apr 22 2017, 12:04 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(shaniandras2787 @ Apr 20 2017, 02:50 PM)
:haha: the "rubberbanding" effect would not be that obvious if you are cruising which is why Honda did not bring in the CVT and will most probably not in the future because Honda knows Malaysia spent a lot of time commuting in city roads unlike in the US or some other countries. CVT won't benefit much too from city driving, i think because it will be constantly "searching" for "gears".

this also has to tie back to the fact that why in the US, the 6 speed is only mated to the V6 variant.

by the way, Honda's CEO also mentioned that he knows Malaysian prefers "drivability", you have proved him right =D
CVT wont constantly searching for gears as it has infinity gear ratios that match at every speed that you are driving......the 5 speed auto gearbox that can be confuse because they need to match your current speed with its limited 5 speed gear ratio... CVT is meant for better gas mileage as it has better gear ratio at every speed that you thrown in.......

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1136sec    0.35    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:50 AM