The New 9th Gen Honda Accord, Honda Accord 2013 and up

views

vreis
post Feb 22 2018, 02:16 PM

Golden Past Red Future
1,655 posts

3 mths so far nothing major to complain

-brake screeching sound comes within first mth doh.gif
-there's a vibration noise from left passenger side door came up within a week doh.gif doh.gif
checked whether its the in-built sun shade but can't pin point where's the exact sound came from, its annoying if nothing else doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif
asked sc during first service, was told need to leave car there for 2 days just to open up door to check doh.gif doh.gif
- the back bumper is like din installed properly on one side as theres some kinda sound when u pressed softly but not on the opposite side wink.gif

its nothing major if you can live with it though laugh.gif

This post has been edited by vreis: Feb 22 2018, 02:17 PM
shaniandras2787
post Feb 22 2018, 05:12 PM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(vreis @ Feb 22 2018, 02:16 PM)

-brake screeching sound comes within first mth  doh.gif
-there's a vibration noise from left passenger side door came up within a week doh.gif  doh.gif
checked whether its the in-built sun shade but can't pin point where's the exact sound came from, its annoying if nothing else doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif
asked sc during first service, was told need to leave car there for 2 days just to open up door to check doh.gif  doh.gif   
- the back bumper is like din installed properly on one side as theres some kinda sound when u pressed softly but not on the opposite side wink.gif

1. get the SC to check the brake clips instead of skimming the brake disc etc;
2. try pulling the front passenger seat belt all the way out and then release it back slowly and see if that makes a difference;
3. those are just clips that are not fasten properly, you can DIY it yourself rather than leaving it with the SC for half a day to complete a 5 minute job - don't worry about damaging anything because you won't and even if you managed to somehow damaged something, it would just be the clips and it is cheap to replace.
shaniandras2787
post Feb 22 2018, 05:12 PM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(vreis @ Feb 22 2018, 02:16 PM)

-brake screeching sound comes within first mth  doh.gif
-there's a vibration noise from left passenger side door came up within a week doh.gif  doh.gif
checked whether its the in-built sun shade but can't pin point where's the exact sound came from, its annoying if nothing else doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif
asked sc during first service, was told need to leave car there for 2 days just to open up door to check doh.gif  doh.gif   

2. try pulling the front passenger seat belt all the way out and then release it back slowly and see if that makes a difference;
3. those are just clips that are not fasten properly, you can DIY it yourself rather than leaving it with the SC for half a day to complete a 5 minute job - don't worry about damaging anything because you won't and even if you managed to somehow damaged something, it would just be the clips and it is cheap to replace.
vreis
post Feb 22 2018, 05:53 PM

Golden Past Red Future
1,655 posts

QUOTE(shaniandras2787 @ Feb 22 2018, 05:12 PM)
icic thanks for the tips....all in very satisfy with the ride.
was deciding between CRV 2.0 and this, so far no complain thumbsup.gif
kiatzz
post Feb 23 2018, 07:08 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Feb 18 2018, 08:47 PM)
read US forum, upgrade the speaker make sure installers know how to disable the ANC things. or else your upgrade speakers become worst. most installer just dismantle the ANC wiring after upgrade
I have upgraded components set + amp + woofer.
You're right. Please ensure ANC removed otherwise it will have background sound..

Apparently this few days i have experience screeching sound vmad.gif from my rear brakes.. and somemore it only on one side.. doh.gif
tkyong1
post Feb 26 2018, 02:47 PM

On my way
585 posts

Guys,

May i know what is the current quiet and comfort tyres available for 2.4vtil?

The 2.4vtil tyre size very limited choices.

ayamxxx
post Feb 26 2018, 09:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(tkyong1 @ Feb 26 2018, 02:47 PM)
Guys,

May i know what is the current quiet and comfort tyres available for 2.4vtil?

The 2.4vtil tyre size very limited choices.
How about conti mc6.. so far still no review, but this model comes in accord 2.4 tyre sizes
tkyong1
post Feb 27 2018, 11:07 AM

On my way
585 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Feb 26 2018, 09:05 PM)
How about conti mc6.. so far still no review, but this model comes in accord 2.4 tyre sizes
thought mc6 is more towards high performance?
wckean
post Mar 13 2018, 07:33 PM

12 posts

2.4cc brake screeching sound comes within first mth.
Very annoying sound.

Sc said quite common for this model. Change brake parts but still hv this sound again after few weeks.

Any solutions?
tkyong1
post Mar 14 2018, 09:26 AM

On my way
585 posts

QUOTE(wckean @ Mar 13 2018, 07:33 PM)
2.4cc brake screeching sound comes within first mth.
Very annoying sound.

Sc said quite common for this model.  Change brake parts but still hv this sound again after few weeks.

Any solutions?
SC no solution, i gave up already, SC cannot solve this issue.

one thing i have not tried = may be change the brake pad outside, see any difference? cause i suspect it is the materials used in honda brake pad.

unitron
post Mar 15 2018, 04:43 PM

W1(R)3d
2,718 posts

QUOTE(tkyong1 @ Mar 14 2018, 09:26 AM)

one thing i have not tried = may be change the brake pad outside, see any difference? cause i suspect it is the materials used in honda brake pad.
Go to spare part shop and ask for Brembo brand brake rotor, the normal OEM type replacement, not the slotted race type (unless u wanna pay more).
My ex-Honda SC mechanic told me this is a proven solution.

SC cannot because they will replace with original part.

Mine didn't have any problems, so didn't change, but the mechanic told me if ever I have the problem, don't bother to change to original rotor
kiatzz
post Mar 15 2018, 04:43 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

QUOTE(tkyong1 @ Mar 14 2018, 09:26 AM)

Anyone have change outside? The voice is damn irritating..

SUSSammich!
post Mar 15 2018, 08:57 PM

On my way
620 posts

how much to set aside a year for maintenance and service and wear and tear parts?
wckean
post Mar 16 2018, 12:44 AM

12 posts

QUOTE(unitron @ Mar 15 2018, 04:43 PM)
Go to spare part shop and ask for Brembo brand brake rotor, the normal OEM type replacement, not the slotted race type (unless u wanna pay more).
My ex-Honda SC mechanic told me this is a proven solution.

SC cannot because they will replace with original part.

Mine didn't have any problems, so didn't change, but the mechanic told me if ever I have the problem, don't bother to change to original rotor
how much to change Brembo brand brake rotor ?

I-Kurosaki
post Mar 16 2018, 01:03 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(wckean @ Mar 16 2018, 12:44 AM)
how much to change Brembo brand brake rotor ?
i asked for quotation 2 yrs back, disc rotor was RM480/pair and brake pads was RM240/pair, excluding installation fees. So you are looking at close to RM2k with GST, considering the price has increased over the years. I dropped the idea cos I changed 2 pairs already with Honda. May revisit the Brembos after warranty expired in a year plus.
tkyong1
post Mar 16 2018, 02:52 PM

On my way
585 posts

QUOTE(I-Kurosaki @ Mar 16 2018, 01:03 PM)
i asked for quotation 2 yrs back, disc rotor was RM480/pair and brake pads was RM240/pair, excluding installation fees. So you are looking at close to RM2k with GST, considering the price has increased over the years. I dropped the idea cos I changed 2 pairs already with Honda. May revisit the Brembos after warranty expired in a year plus.
cheap wor..honda original brake pad already over 500 / pair
ayamxxx
post Mar 16 2018, 04:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(tkyong1 @ Mar 16 2018, 02:52 PM)
cheap wor..honda original brake pad already over 500 / pair
The SC quoted me about rm700+ b4 gst for front brake pad replacement. If the brake sound still there, they might replace the brake rotor under warranty.
Honestly might fed up with original brake pad since almost all user will end up with that brake sound after certain time. Still looking for aftermarket brake pad n forgo my brake rotor warranty
tkyong1
post Mar 16 2018, 05:10 PM

On my way
585 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Mar 16 2018, 04:19 PM)
The SC quoted me about rm700+ b4 gst for front brake pad replacement. If the brake sound still there, they might replace the brake rotor under warranty.
Honestly might fed up with original brake pad since almost all user will end up with that brake sound after certain time. Still looking for aftermarket brake pad n forgo my brake rotor warranty
the honda ori brake pad is extremely expensive, i will never replace it there, last time i did not ask the price just said ok replaced, ended up 700+ for brake pad, i can get it below 300 from any tyre shop.
kiatzz
post Mar 16 2018, 08:29 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

QUOTE(tkyong1 @ Mar 16 2018, 05:10 PM)
the honda ori brake pad is extremely expensive, i will never replace it there, last time i did not ask the price just said ok replaced, ended up 700+ for brake pad, i can get it below 300 from any tyre shop.
Wow.. the price is ridiculous can easily get performance parts.. screw the warranty..
shaniandras2787
post Mar 17 2018, 02:35 PM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Mar 16 2018, 04:19 PM)
you don't just forgo your "brake rotor" warranty only.

you forgo the warranty for the entire car.

184 Pages « < 143 144 145 146 147 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0551sec    0.39    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:54 AM