184 Pages « < 127 128 129 130 131 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The New 9th Gen Honda Accord, Honda Accord 2013 and up

views

shaniandras2787
post Apr 20 2017, 01:50 PM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(elementum @ Apr 20 2017, 11:42 AM)
Drove it before. Hated the rubberband effect and the confused gear selection. Reminded me of ladies trying to buy tomato and picking tomato like there is tomorrow no tomorrow when it's only tomato, can be quite scary if you overtake lorries on the coastal road. Nah. I love powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....  brows.gif
:haha: the "rubberbanding" effect would not be that obvious if you are cruising which is why Honda did not bring in the CVT and will most probably not in the future because Honda knows Malaysia spent a lot of time commuting in city roads unlike in the US or some other countries. CVT won't benefit much too from city driving, i think because it will be constantly "searching" for "gears".

this also has to tie back to the fact that why in the US, the 6 speed is only mated to the V6 variant.

by the way, Honda's CEO also mentioned that he knows Malaysian prefers "drivability", you have proved him right =D

tkyong1
post Apr 20 2017, 02:49 PM

On my way
585 posts

i think honda should bring in the 2.4 hybrid.

toyota already has the 2.5 hybrid.

i would consider upgrade if the hybrid is available.

i believe in future, hybrid is the one to get.
shaniandras2787
post Apr 20 2017, 03:08 PM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(tkyong1 @ Apr 20 2017, 02:49 PM)

I believed eventually Honda will bring in the Accord Hybrid but I don't see it within these two (2) years or so simply because Honda is unable to priced them competitively to share a niche market with the Camry. As we all know, thus far, Honda's offering seems to be the more appealing one, giving you better specifications/quality for the same price from its competitors. Further, the unstable declining value in ringgit is not encouraging as well.

If you see, the Accord Hybrid is very different from what the Camry Hybrid is and the pricing of the latter is just slightly below the 2.4 Accord because of the hybrid incentives given by the government. So, if Honda were to bring in their Accord Hybrid and tries to priced it at approximately the same as the Camry Hybrid, this will directly kill the 2.4 Accord.

As you know, the Accord Hybrid has all the features of the 2.4.

So i observed that unless our ringgit appreciates, we may not even see an Accord Hybrid here.
ayamxxx
post Apr 20 2017, 03:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(tkyong1 @ Apr 20 2017, 02:49 PM)

hopefully this model come to malaysia.
see from youtube, people do upgrade the front bumper to accord hybrid bumper and using as per pre-fc 2.4 headlamp.

add also 19" to 20" rim. drool.gif
tkyong1
post Apr 20 2017, 03:44 PM

On my way
585 posts

dont want big rim la, very bumpy
weileong
post Apr 20 2017, 05:36 PM

"The Idea Is To Die Young As Late As Possible"
1,720 posts

QUOTE(tkyong1 @ Apr 20 2017, 03:44 PM)
dont want big rim la, very bumpy
same to me..i think maybe our aged is not suitable to pakai big rim right ?

even current original 18" on PS3 i felt bumpy on longhaul usage. rclxub.gif
tkyong1
post Apr 21 2017, 12:13 PM

On my way
585 posts

QUOTE(weileong @ Apr 20 2017, 05:36 PM)
same to me..i think maybe our aged is not suitable to pakai big rim right ?

even current original 18" on PS3 i felt bumpy on longhaul usage. rclxub.gif
the existing 18" plus PS3 = good handling, but very bumpy. years ago i cannot stand it and changed the tyre to YOKO V551, and now on Conti MC5.

lol.
maelk
post Apr 21 2017, 07:45 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(tkyong1 @ Apr 21 2017, 12:13 PM)
the existing 18" plus PS3 = good handling, but very bumpy. years ago i cannot stand it and changed the tyre to YOKO V551, and now on Conti MC5.

lol.
cant wait to get my accord. the SA inform i can get it by next weekend.
anything i should expect from this model?
weileong
post Apr 21 2017, 10:12 PM

"The Idea Is To Die Young As Late As Possible"
1,720 posts

QUOTE(maelk @ Apr 21 2017, 07:45 PM)
2.0 or 2.4 ?
tkyong1
post Apr 21 2017, 10:44 PM

On my way
585 posts

QUOTE(maelk @ Apr 21 2017, 07:45 PM)
Except some vibration at idling, and a bit bumpy ride due to the 18" (some ppl like it), the rest are all good.

Enjoy.
mym123
post Apr 22 2017, 11:55 AM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(elementum @ Apr 20 2017, 12:42 PM)
Drove it before. Hated the rubberband effect and the confused gear selection. Reminded me of ladies trying to buy tomato and picking tomato like there is tomorrow no tomorrow when it's only tomato, can be quite scary if you overtake lorries on the coastal road. Nah. I love powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....  brows.gif
CVT have infinity gear ratio....its will built speed without any jerkiness that you feel with conventional 5 speed auto GB that you have....in CVT you dont feel the speed but your speedometer tell different story....already owned Teana xTronic CVT for the past 5 years and Honda Jazz with CVT Gearbox for one year plus....i dont have any problem overtaking lorries or any other cars whether on highway or any other roads....your statement similar to person driving manual car for its whole life and reluctant to drive auto car saying that auto car have no power.....hahaha...i wait for the days Honda Malaysia to bring its Accord CVT gearbox like in the US current model and consider owning Accord....
mym123
post Apr 22 2017, 12:04 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(shaniandras2787 @ Apr 20 2017, 02:50 PM)
:haha: the "rubberbanding" effect would not be that obvious if you are cruising which is why Honda did not bring in the CVT and will most probably not in the future because Honda knows Malaysia spent a lot of time commuting in city roads unlike in the US or some other countries. CVT won't benefit much too from city driving, i think because it will be constantly "searching" for "gears".

this also has to tie back to the fact that why in the US, the 6 speed is only mated to the V6 variant.

by the way, Honda's CEO also mentioned that he knows Malaysian prefers "drivability", you have proved him right =D
CVT wont constantly searching for gears as it has infinity gear ratios that match at every speed that you are driving......the 5 speed auto gearbox that can be confuse because they need to match your current speed with its limited 5 speed gear ratio... CVT is meant for better gas mileage as it has better gear ratio at every speed that you thrown in.......
maelk
post Apr 22 2017, 07:18 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(tkyong1 @ Apr 21 2017, 10:44 PM)
Except some vibration at idling, and a bit bumpy ride due to the 18" (some ppl like it), the rest are all good.

Enjoy.
The bumpy ride is expected seeing the low profile tires. i can live with that.
the idling vibration i didnt notice during the test drive. is it really bad or barely noticeable?
tkyong1
post Apr 22 2017, 10:13 PM

On my way
585 posts

hi mates,

the brake pedal lock is it good?

how much it normally cost?

tkyong1
post Apr 22 2017, 10:14 PM

On my way
585 posts

QUOTE(maelk @ Apr 22 2017, 07:18 PM)
The bumpy ride is expected seeing the low profile tires. i can live with that.
the idling vibration i didnt notice during the test drive. is it really bad or barely noticeable?
the idling vibration is not very bad, it just that for Japanese C and D segments cars normally there is no idling vibration.

for a 170k D-segment car like Accord, idling vibration is not acceptable.
maelk
post Apr 23 2017, 11:22 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(tkyong1 @ Apr 22 2017, 10:14 PM)
the idling vibration is not very bad, it just that for Japanese C and D segments cars normally there is no  idling vibration.

for a 170k D-segment car like Accord, idling vibration is not acceptable.
i see. the vibration is on the steering or it can be felt on the gear lever as well?
might be cause by improperly designed engine mounting.
Average-Joe
post Apr 24 2017, 12:01 PM

Getting Started
97 posts

Attached Image

Hi has anyone encountered this before? The 3 orange lights on the dashboard can't be turned off.

Sent to service centre yesterday (Sunday) afternoon for a quick check and they tried to diagnose and reset it but didn't work. Was asked to send in my car again for further check up on Tuesday and may take few days.

This is very troubling because my Accord is less than 2 months old. All along it was working fine until yesterday morning. Did the first service 2 weeks ago and been driving it normally.

This post has been edited by Average-Joe: Apr 24 2017, 12:01 PM
Ardt
post Apr 25 2017, 07:15 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

QUOTE(Average-Joe @ Apr 24 2017, 12:01 PM)
Attached Image
Hi has anyone encountered this before? The 3 orange lights on the dashboard can't be turned off.

Sent to service centre yesterday (Sunday) afternoon for a quick check and they tried to diagnose and reset it but didn't work. Was asked to send in my car again for further check up on Tuesday and may take few days.

This is very troubling because my Accord is less than 2 months old. All along it was working fine until yesterday morning. Did the first service 2 weeks ago and been driving it normally.
Check on user manual bro. Google the stuff.
The middle warning light looks like traction control. U turned it off?

tkyong1
post Apr 26 2017, 09:22 AM

On my way
585 posts

hi bro,

anyone do additional soundproof to our accord?

how effective if just do front 2 wheel arch soundproof?
shaniandras2787
post Apr 26 2017, 09:28 AM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(Average-Joe @ Apr 24 2017, 12:01 PM)
Attached Image

1) Steering symbol usually indicate that the fluid has depleted or insufficient;
2) Car with skid mark symbol indicates that the TCS is turned off, tried pressing that TCS button on your right hand side, one of the button under the ECO button and see if the symbol turned off; and
3) ABS symbol usually indicates that the ABS is kicking in but since you're driving normally, it shouldn't light up.

My guesses is, something is not right with the electronics. I bet a flash to the onboard computer might fix it.

Do update us on the progress though cause it may be useful for us in the future if we do face problems like these.

Good luck.

184 Pages « < 127 128 129 130 131 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0658sec    0.25    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:11 AM