Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> HIGHPARK SUITES, KELANA JAYA, By Gamuda Land. Opposite Paradigm Mall. (Investment)

views

kimzee
post Nov 2 2018, 03:44 PM

Casual
311 posts

QUOTE(davkong @ Nov 2 2018, 03:03 PM)
Landscaping work in progress photos

Sky court Level 18-23
user posted image

Sky garden Level 31
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Aerial view of main entrance driveway
user posted image
The view's not bad. Line of sight to Gotham City. And the late RIP Al Rajhi Bank turned to mamak rest. cheers.
kimzee
post Dec 4 2018, 11:14 AM

Casual
311 posts

QUOTE(kochin @ Dec 3 2018, 10:27 AM)
this building is looking very classy indeed.
one tower is progressing way faster than the others.
early buyers may need to serve a lot of interest waiting for the 2nd block to complete?

what's the absolute cheapest unit available now?
This place transacting like 1k psf, so the absolutely smallest and cheapest available IIRC is 470-500k but i believe these studios are mostly sold out by now. No balcony and yard only come with a small foyer.
kimzee
post Jan 9 2019, 10:37 AM

Casual
311 posts

QUOTE(KimiLau @ Jan 8 2019, 02:18 PM)
Yup, aging population...So we need a proper sized condo for them (from old terrace houses nearby moved to condominium and a proper kitchen.

Studio is mostly for young working adult/student.

Thats why there are still unsold units from developer although it is going to vp soon. Good location but wrong product in this part of PJ....and there are many similar small units coming in future-> Glomac's plaza kl and exsim dev.
But there is no proper condo which is in great demand except sunway serene
For targeting student market HPSuites is more strategic than the others as it already has commercial, banks and eateries in abundance below. It is banking on the success of the Grand in getting good rentals. FYI the smallest studio at the Grand was about 280k only at launch.

For HPS their smaller studios was already sold out I believe. Only left the bigger units.

Sunway Serene they are located close to nowhere so their target market are for ppl who want a bit of exclusivity and some, the Sunway brand.

cheers.
kimzee
post Jan 9 2019, 01:18 PM

Casual
311 posts

QUOTE(KimiLau @ Jan 9 2019, 12:52 PM)
Yup, the grand cost less than 300k, thats why highpark wont beat the rental of the grand with its much higher price for smallest unit...not mentioning the high maintenance fee as well

Personally i like the location of highpark the most compared to serene and panorama....so i think it is a missed opportunity by gamuda which could have squeeze three blocks of proper sized condominium which are family oriented, meant for own stay and perhaps with wellness facilities.
I on the other hand thinks HPS is right on target.

Transplanting a "Sunway Serene" kind of concept here will not work. This place i believe doesn't have the potential to emulate the success we saw with Starling, Tropicana city or even Atria development. MeganRise will be the last proof of concept for this type of positioning.

My reasoning is due to demographics surrounding HSP are very different from that of its LDP upstream. Of course I will stand corrected. Lets see how well it will fare since it's gonna vped very soon. cheers.
kimzee
post Jan 9 2019, 04:39 PM

Casual
311 posts

QUOTE(davkong @ Jan 9 2019, 02:14 PM)
KJ already have Paradigm integrated development and I don't think it fared too badly compared with the others you mentioned. Is Megah Rise going to have a mall too?
The difference is that Paradigm mall lacks the surrounding of vibrant shoplots which offer a variety of customised businesses (like mechanics, electrical, medicine hall, bakeries, opticians, clinics, banks, eateries and etc) for the residences above. Megahrise even has a wet market below. So these factors are important for ppl who doesn't want to drive in their old age. That's their target market as some bean here used to refer to them as old money. Seventeen at SS17 is also targeting the same segment of buyers.
WTC will have to target a different group of buyers.

As for a Mall, IIRC Megahrise have two level of commercial shops below to be managed by the developer. Whether they will maintain is as individual shoplot or convert it to a small mall is yet to be known.

This post has been edited by kimzee: Jan 9 2019, 04:42 PM
kimzee
post Jan 10 2019, 12:30 PM

Casual
311 posts

Well it really goes to show that there is no absolute definition of GOOD or BAD in a piece of property.

Many intangible factors may turn the property from GOOD to BAD or vice versa.

As long as ppl agree to disagree and not resort to name calling and insulting or denigrade others purchase decision since in the end only the purchasers will be the one reaping the fruits or biting the bullets unlike the many keyboard trolls offering unsolicited insights and insults.

This post has been edited by kimzee: Jan 10 2019, 12:34 PM
kimzee
post Jan 10 2019, 12:48 PM

Casual
311 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jan 10 2019, 12:21 PM)

the thing is sifu is just another bullshitter. therefore ah boy is right not to learn from any sifu here.

the thing is nobody wants to admit that highpark sold at 1000psf is not a realistic price. maybe it was realistic during bull run, but certainly not now.
I actually concur with you

1) dun listen to the sifus here. They are all illusions. Listen to their insight and insults but in the end you have to Go on your own.

2) I will admit most of the properties here their pricing is not realistic at all but the caveat is only applies for the not-so-rich class of ppl.
For the rich and very rich ppl (and this include the developers themselves) this is the kind of realistic pricing they are expecting in order for them to get richer still.
kimzee
post Jun 12 2019, 11:28 AM

Casual
311 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jun 12 2019, 11:18 AM)
Partly could be due to the release of bumi units....

But the obvious reason is super high price.....

Give me trop gardens any day.....net net around 1100psf nia..the newest block.
Well if there is no demand then Gamuda cannot sustain the selling price. HOPE it will fall soon?

IIRC no cashback for this project and last i enquire two years ago it was selling at 1000psf.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0556sec    3.14    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th October 2019 - 02:13 AM