Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> HIGHPARK SUITES, KELANA JAYA [OWNERS' THREAD], By Gamuda Land. Opposite Paradigm Mall. Investment

views

KimiLau
post Jul 3 2015, 11:08 AM

On my way
587 posts

QUOTE(Babizz @ Jul 2 2015, 11:10 AM)
Its quite a distance fr d bridge n even d underground tunnel feels so long.. I heard some nasty dirty stories about this giant from a ss7 friend that deters some locals from going to this giant  cry.gif

What would the USP be here if no link bridge to paradigma?
Babizz kor, interested to know what's wrong with giant kj, go there once in a while leh shocking.gif
KimiLau
post Jul 3 2015, 06:32 PM

On my way
587 posts

QUOTE(Babizz @ Jul 3 2015, 11:49 AM)
ini cerita kotor..
locals thr said tht this old gi@n+ is very dirty n has many 'animals' around.. they also said that many of the meat kept thr are old/stale, kept for weeks.. Hence, this is not a crowded store..u can see more locals shopping in the hyper in paradigma.. this is his story  icon_rolleyes.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif
Oh, thanks for the info rclxms.gif
KimiLau
post Jul 4 2015, 11:35 AM

On my way
587 posts

QUOTE(asura108 @ Jul 4 2015, 11:21 AM)
real animals or human animals?
I think giant and the older giant pj in glomac square area
less frequented as paradigm due to the fact the shops arent as interesting as what paradigm has. To be fair , in terms of cleanliness it looks to be quite okay. People who go there are the residents around the neighbourhood. Free parking .

-living in kelana jaya for the past 31 years-
Agree with you ample of free parkings especially outside near the proton showroom, the KFC upstair always full of people... But the secret recipe is doing so bad now , there is no people there during lunch or dinner after losing their halal status last month, previously business not bad!
KimiLau
post Jul 18 2015, 03:20 AM

On my way
587 posts

QUOTE(propertykl_ben @ Jul 17 2015, 04:28 PM)
I just wonder, with so many MRT (almost) direct stations at the shopping malls, will paradigm mall still do well in the future? If this should be a worry, then buyers should be cautious when coming to KJ.
KJ is a matured area and paradigm mall is just a neighborhood mall cater for residents nearby like ss3, ss4, mayang , ss7... I can't imagine families going shopping mall using MRT, if office workers yes

BTW, got robbery in giant kj yesterday
http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015...market-robbery/
KimiLau
post Jul 18 2015, 10:59 PM

On my way
587 posts

QUOTE(daniel foo @ Jul 18 2015, 03:19 PM)
It's not only the Paradigm Mall. It's also the location and accessibility of KJ. Once the LRT 2 extension line is start operating, the value will sure increase.

FYI, the LRT 2 Station 3 - Glenmarie Station is right opposite Kelana Business Centre. It's less than 1 km from this new station to Paradigm Mall. I believe Paradigm will sure do something to cater these ppl. My 2 cents!
rclxms.gif rclxm9.gif icon_rolleyes.gif
KimiLau
post Aug 22 2015, 12:07 AM

On my way
587 posts

QUOTE(mthc @ Aug 17 2015, 12:35 AM)
Tbh if u got money better buy somewhere else la bro because you are already complaining abt it's surrounding.

1. Giant - It is close to the supermarket but if u were to scout for other new dev, there will be supermarket within walking distance too. Better go 6c6c Giant there yrself and see if it's doing well or not. Hearsay tesco in paradigm is taking most of its biz and I won't be surprised if Giant there closes down.
2. Schools - u sure u want to put yr kid in kelana jaya school where it's famous for its notorious gangsters?
3. Uni - u want to rent yr 1k per sq ft investment to students meh?
4. Transportation - MRT? LRT? Don't see any.

Wait for Sunway Galaxy in KD. Got MRT and the proposed LRT line 3 interchange there also. That is a project for ownstay/investment also can as it's a mix dev with malls and offices tgt.

Just my 2 cents.
I agree that kj is not high class area, but its strategic location in PJ and accessibility attracting people to stay here...

I bet Mahsing future development on the vacant land opposite western digital won't come cheap either..
KimiLau
post Nov 27 2015, 04:03 PM

On my way
587 posts

If for own stay, I prefer highpark than paradigm ... Imagine parking space need to shared with those hotel guests, and cross a link bridge to parking lots, dunno need to round how many times in the elevated parking to reach your lot, expensive maintenance fee, near to high voltage cable( you may not noticed it from ldp which covered by trees, but less than 100 meters

For investment , both alSo won't choose
KimiLau
post Aug 31 2016, 10:06 AM

On my way
587 posts

QUOTE(davkong @ Aug 30 2016, 12:28 PM)
As an existing buyer, I really want to know the impact of this new ruling to me as well as other SA/SOHO buyers. Doesn't sound good.
Affordable means < 300k
KimiLau
post Apr 23 2018, 10:53 PM

On my way
587 posts

Highpark location is better than panorama in terms of walkability to amenities....

BUT living in apartment with shops below is a BIG NO especially for own stays...
KimiLau
post Oct 16 2018, 06:14 PM

On my way
587 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Oct 16 2018, 04:53 PM)
I think megan rise pushes over 900psf....but don't know what rebate given,

AraTre is relatively speaking 'cheap' compared to other ara Damansara highrises, BUT

its on formerly landfill.
you should compare the price with Pacific Place which bearing break 500psf now (do check latest subsales, mine not up to date)

sits next to smelling monsoon drainage.
If above 900sf in this area, might as well buy Paradigm residence....mall below and the paradigm office building doing quite well...nowadays difficult to find parking during weekdays...
KimiLau
post Jan 8 2019, 12:17 PM

On my way
587 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jan 5 2019, 03:27 PM)
A good apartments doesnt rely on facade lah....its the location.
So fast congrat owners already????? Make sure the subsale value and rental yields got meat baru congrat also not that late
Location is good but wrong product IMO

I think Kelana Jaya lacks a family oriented with decent sized 3 bedrooms condominium like Sterling.....No more mickey mouse service apartment with commercial shops below for god sake...
Look at how Pinnacle KJ and infinity tower performed?

This post has been edited by KimiLau: Jan 8 2019, 12:19 PM
KimiLau
post Jan 8 2019, 02:15 PM

On my way
587 posts

QUOTE(davkong @ Jan 8 2019, 01:31 PM)
I thought most of the condos around KJ SS6 & SS7 are family oriented, eg. Sterling, Zenith, Kelana Mahkota, Tiara Kelana, Puteri, Putera, Kelana Parkview, etc. Infinity and Pinnacle are office suites and not SOHO.
Zenith is service apartment with shops below while Sterling, mahkota, puteri etc are old and more than 10 years old already.
Infinity, pinnacle, highpark and Kelana damanmsara all with commercial shops below.

I am referring to a proper condominium with no commercial shops below and proper 3 tier securities....Main entrance for resident/registered guest only.

KimiLau
post Jan 8 2019, 02:18 PM

On my way
587 posts

QUOTE(davkong @ Jan 8 2019, 01:40 PM)
Would you think Mickey Mouse units are possible or good option for aging empty nesters? It's easy to maintain and convenient. This part of PJ many aging population.
Yup, aging population...So we need a proper sized condo for them (from old terrace houses nearby moved to condominium and a proper kitchen.

Studio is mostly for young working adult/student.

Thats why there are still unsold units from developer although it is going to vp soon. Good location but wrong product in this part of PJ....and there are many similar small units coming in future-> Glomac's plaza kl and exsim dev.
But there is no proper condo which is in great demand except sunway serene

This post has been edited by KimiLau: Jan 8 2019, 02:25 PM
KimiLau
post Jan 9 2019, 12:52 PM

On my way
587 posts

QUOTE(kimzee @ Jan 9 2019, 10:37 AM)
For targeting student market HPSuites is more strategic than the others as it already has commercial, banks and eateries in abundance below. It is banking on the success of the Grand in getting good rentals. FYI the smallest studio at the Grand was about 280k only at launch.

For HPS their smaller studios was already sold out I believe. Only left the bigger units.

Sunway Serene they are located close to nowhere so their target market are for ppl who want a bit of exclusivity and some, the Sunway brand.

cheers.
Yup, the grand cost less than 300k, thats why highpark wont beat the rental of the grand with its much higher price for smallest unit...not mentioning the high maintenance fee as well

Personally i like the location of highpark the most compared to serene and panorama....so i think it is a missed opportunity by gamuda which could have squeeze three blocks of proper sized condominium which are family oriented, meant for own stay and perhaps with wellness facilities.

KimiLau
post Jan 10 2019, 10:27 AM

On my way
587 posts

QUOTE(kochin @ Jan 10 2019, 09:08 AM)
i read all these comments with wide amusement.
not everything is about rental and subsale and yield.
especially true when it comes to own stay product.
if strictly based on your comment, then a low cost flat in very prime location would be your ideal target?
bet you think all those prima, rumawip, etc is also super prime then?
in making my previous statement, if someone is already vested, might as well hope for the best in the delivery of their purchased product. be it facade, quality, etc.
many buildings does not look good from the outside. so for highpark at least it look good. that's one advantage over their immediate neighbour in terms of eye candy. just like looking at the opposite sex. you prefer to look at inner beauty only?
is pinnacle and infinity performing very badly? when did both products vp?
lacking decent size 3 bedrooms condo? don't think so. new condo maybe. but again price point comes into contention. decent size like 1200+ at a measly 700psf would be 840k already. not an average joe kinda budget in KJ imho. especially with suppressed pricing from kelana puteri, parkview alike.

this is a shocker for me. sunway serene is selling like hot cakes? can share latest sales chart please?
1. i am saying that new decent sized condo(without commercial shops below, proper condo ya) at least 900sf and above... if 700 psf, then 900sf will be 600k ++ ya
the site of highpark is freehold

2. Please lah, dont compare with putera, puteri which is very old apartments and cater for low-mid end

3. i said that new condo at this part of kj is in great demand, but no new condo dev except serene and panorama.... bangwall.gif

->there will be oversupply of studio/soho/mickey mouse unit which none of it is walkable to LRT rclxm9.gif exept the upcoming dev from exsim

4. not an average joe budget in kj???
paradigm at 1000psf, highpark too at 1000psf

5. you missed my whole point that i believed gamuda should built proper condo at this precious freehold land instead of small studio with commercials.....look at those empty shops at the grand, zenith etc brows.gif

This post has been edited by KimiLau: Jan 10 2019, 10:29 AM
KimiLau
post Jan 10 2019, 10:32 AM

On my way
587 posts

QUOTE(kochin @ Jan 10 2019, 09:08 AM)
i read all these comments with wide amusement.
not everything is about rental and subsale and yield.
especially true when it comes to own stay product.
if strictly based on your comment, then a low cost flat in very prime location would be your ideal target?
bet you think all those prima, rumawip, etc is also super prime then?
in making my previous statement, if someone is already vested, might as well hope for the best in the delivery of their purchased product. be it facade, quality, etc.
many buildings does not look good from the outside. so for highpark at least it look good. that's one advantage over their immediate neighbour in terms of eye candy. just like looking at the opposite sex. you prefer to look at inner beauty only?
lacking decent size 3 bedrooms condo? don't think so. new condo maybe. but again price point comes into contention. decent size like 1200+ at a measly 700psf would be 840k already. not an average joe kinda budget in KJ imho. especially with suppressed pricing from kelana puteri, parkview alike.

this is a shocker for me. sunway serene is selling like hot cakes? can share latest sales chart please?

-> Lol, This question shows that you are not familiar in this area dude.... bangwall.gif
KimiLau
post Jan 10 2019, 11:25 AM

On my way
587 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jan 10 2019, 11:05 AM)
another sifu's great insight about ownstay product no need make money, in fact making loss baru syiok de. own stay mah…...loss money justified wan....If makes money, then its a big no no....might as well keep as investment.

then where are we going to stay??????  don't worry, I have a lost making investment property at dengkil, opposite bangi…...lelong now closing to half of my spa value.....this wan really good for own stay...…..

but this product is like middle of nowhere leh……..si beh kau far away......how to hang out with my buddies and etc...….???????

listen to me young boy.....if you want own stay property, it got to be loss making property, got it??????

highpark = fennel

end of story...….

speaking of which, gamuda screwed kau their earlier buyers of jadite with even better deals now compared to jadite subsales....

dun hold your breath that gamuda wont do this with highpark. Good luck.
Erm, The thing is anyone with sane mind will buy highpark suites for own stay? lol .... rclxm9.gif

This post has been edited by KimiLau: Jan 10 2019, 11:26 AM
KimiLau
post Jan 10 2019, 11:41 AM

On my way
587 posts

QUOTE(davkong @ Jan 10 2019, 11:33 AM)
Not everyone has the same expectation as you. I know many young couples buying here as their first home.
Erm, you mean 2 persons living in a 452sf studio icon_idea.gif
seriously

This post has been edited by KimiLau: Jan 10 2019, 11:41 AM
KimiLau
post Jan 10 2019, 11:54 AM

On my way
587 posts

QUOTE(davkong @ Jan 10 2019, 11:50 AM)
Let me ask the owners in the closed group whether any one of them is insane by your standard.
Well, i would like to ask you...

1. Do you bought highpark suite for own stay or for rental/investment? icon_idea.gif
KimiLau
post Jan 10 2019, 12:22 PM

On my way
587 posts

QUOTE(davkong @ Jan 10 2019, 12:14 PM)
I will be paying the same installment for Highpark and my current property. The current one has good rental demand (able to cover loan + maintenance) so I'm considering moving to Highpark. It cuts my daily travelling time to half, no toll and I don't need alot of space. My social centre also around PJ.
I see...

It cuts my daily travelling time to half, no toll --> This i agree with you, you can go to kl downtown without paying toll from here
And also should thanks WCT paradigm for building multiple tunnels/bypass which has improves the accessibility greatly rclxm9.gif

This post has been edited by KimiLau: Jan 10 2019, 12:23 PM

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1594sec    0.90    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:57 PM