Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> HIGHPARK SUITES, KELANA JAYA, By Gamuda Land. Opposite Paradigm Mall. (Investment)

BEANCOUNTER
post Jan 12 2019, 03:27 PM

10k Club
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(davkong @ Jan 12 2019, 03:13 PM)
It's on the same side as Highpark, no need to cross LDP.
thanks rclxms.gif
natgeo28
post Jan 20 2019, 04:52 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jan 12 2019, 03:27 PM)
thanks rclxms.gif
Bean, i can see that cina kopitiam is really important to you. lol
BEANCOUNTER
post Jan 20 2019, 11:01 AM

10k Club

QUOTE(natgeo28 @ Jan 20 2019, 04:52 AM)
of course.....

good place to fix my stomach for breakfast, branch, lunch or dinner without breaking my piggy bank.

am not fancy those higher end artisan kopi shop, mdn kwan or any Japanese or Korean or viet sounded like eateries.

that's why MK or Cyber will NEVER EVER be on my list of 'home to purchase". cross my dead body.
Bjorn1688
post Jan 21 2019, 02:43 AM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(natgeo28 @ Jan 20 2019, 04:52 AM)
Thought it is important for everyone?

Sure is important for me as well, I mean you can't expect me to find my pan-meen, chicken rice, chap-fan and RM.50 Chinese tea at Dragon-i now could you?

*For the record that's my lunch nearly every day and has been since the day I started living on my own.
BEANCOUNTER
post Jan 21 2019, 12:05 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ Jan 21 2019, 02:43 AM)
Thought it is important for everyone?

Sure is important for me as well, I mean you can't expect me to find my pan-meen, chicken rice, chap-fan and RM.50 Chinese tea at Dragon-i now could you?

*For the record that's my lunch nearly every day and has been since the day I started living on my own.
i on behalf of kopitiam association give you a big thanks for supporting us..... rclxms.gif

many people here are deslusional. they placed their home address more important than their daily routine, habit and convenience. i was once such idiot.
now nothing better than just walk to your local kopitiam, instead of drive 10 to 15mins, out from the fancy landed or apartment, pay toll, look for free carpark (yes mostly illegal i would say), double or triple park if neccessary (and create a long queue of traffic for this selfish behaviour) just to have chicken rice or tapoa chicken rice.

dataran sunway has just opened up another fancy chap fan restaurant, on top of one that just moved to new location. The new one, surprisingly just next to kayu penang looks very fancy. Yet to try them. there are market for chap fan day and night.

i just feel for our malay friends. there is no cheap meals for them in terms of 1 meat 1 veggie and one egg/tofu on rice.

kayu penang is throat cutting price...... ranting.gif but delicious nevertheless.

Bjorn1688
post Jan 21 2019, 05:33 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jan 21 2019, 12:05 PM)
i on behalf of kopitiam association give you a big thanks for supporting us..... rclxms.gif
The association can rest be assured of my continued support for an indefinite time in the future.

many people here are deslusional. they placed their home address more important than their daily routine, habit and convenience. i was once such idiot.
now nothing better than just walk to your local kopitiam, instead of drive 10 to 15mins, out from the fancy landed or apartment, pay toll, look for free carpark (yes mostly illegal i would say), double or triple park if neccessary (and create a long queue of traffic for this selfish behaviour) just to have chicken rice or tapoa chicken rice.
Been there done that and never again for me as well, it is an expensive lifestyle.

15 years of working in CyberJaya and then Mid Valley.

Had colleagues who everyday lunch they would go out to eat, I could not be bothered, instead brought left-over from previous night's dinner, which usually was a chap-fan that I added extra rice and 4 dishes. Ate it ice cold at my desk as wasn't allowed to use the microwave as it was non-halal. Only took 15 minutes lunch breaks and then could go home 45 minutes earlier than the rest as I resumed work straight away.

Same story with the years at Mid Valley, all colleagues were experts of where all the cafes and restaurants were. I on the other hand, every Monday lunch time would go to the Carrefour to buy a loaf of Gardenia bread and ate it with jam, peanut butter or every now and then a slice of ham. Would then spend the time browsing iProperty as wasn't allowed to go home early. Only time would eat something different was when the then boss bought lunch or could go out and claim lunch on the company.

Guess the same story could be said about many and their car buying habits, had colleagues that within first few months of graduating from uni they pawned their soul to the bank for 9 years to buy some junk B-segment saloon. I just drove an old Volvo 240 that I paid cash. After 3 years and 100k I sold it for RM2k less than I paid for it. One thing for sure, I certainly spent less on motoring then I would have if I had bought that Honda City most of my then colleagues were crazy over.

dataran sunway has just opened up another fancy chap fan restaurant, on top of one that just moved to new location. The new one, surprisingly just next to kayu penang looks very fancy. Yet to try them. there are market for chap fan day and night.
Most of the fancy chap-fan places doesn't do it for me, most seem to oversell that they have plenty of dishes but every dish taste the same. Kind of pricey as well.

i just feel for our malay friends. there is no cheap meals for them in terms of 1 meat 1 veggie and one egg/tofu on rice.

kayu penang is throat cutting price...... ranting.gif but delicious nevertheless.
Most of the lower income malays will know where to go for more economical meals that are cheaper than your usual chap-fan meals. Prices won't be the same for non-bumi usually.

Kayu, I only go when I can claim from company.

34 Pages « < 32 33 34Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0537sec    5.65    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd January 2019 - 12:22 AM