Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> HIGHPARK SUITES, KELANA JAYA [OWNERS' THREAD], By Gamuda Land. Opposite Paradigm Mall. Investment

views

kochin
post Dec 13 2016, 10:03 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(davkong @ Dec 13 2016, 09:55 AM)
I'm guessing it's on the high side due to:
- Lush landscaping (5 parks to maintain)
- Wellness park concept equipments (outdoor gym, aqua gym, circuit training, etc)
- GBI status maintenance
- shuttle bus
- concierge desk

1000 units seems alot but each unit is on the small side, 450sf-850sf. To put into perspective, one Highpark tower of 512 units will be equivalent to a tower consisting of about 200+ "normal sized" units. The biggest unit 850sf will have to pay RM425 (was told this is inclusive of sinking fund). I'm paying RM450 for the place I'm staying now (translated to RM0.40psf) with basic facilities only (swimming pool, gym, sauna), and even then it's not well maintained.
landscaping be it 1 or 5 parks, requires a gardener and obviously water and fertiliser. should not cost a bomb for maintenance.
wellness park equipments, again it's the capex and maintenance isn't much.
gbi? it's capex and during maintenance mode or post vp, it's in theory to bring down your maintenance cost.
shuttle bus? yes expensive. but imho they shouldn't have it on their own and should partner with nearby developments.
concierge desk. it's basically the employee's cost to man the desk. should not cost a bomb.

bulk of maintenance cost is usually from the utilities. unless they are lighting up the place like crazy, it should not cost so much.
one other reason i can think of is because of the commercial rates.

by the way, 1000 units at avg 500sf is still 500k sf translating to RM250k per month revenue.
that's a lot of money ler.
kochin
post Mar 13 2018, 10:06 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

panorama hoarding images looks good!
golf views and all.
freehold in a largely leasehold area.
kochin
post Dec 3 2018, 10:27 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

this building is looking very classy indeed.
one tower is progressing way faster than the others.
early buyers may need to serve a lot of interest waiting for the 2nd block to complete?

what's the absolute cheapest unit available now?

kochin
post Jan 7 2019, 10:40 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

very classy looking indeed.
kochin
post Jan 10 2019, 09:08 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

i read all these comments with wide amusement.

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jan 5 2019, 03:27 PM)
A good apartments doesnt rely on facade lah....its the location.
So fast congrat owners already????? Make sure the subsale value and rental yields got meat baru congrat also not that late
not everything is about rental and subsale and yield.
especially true when it comes to own stay product.
if strictly based on your comment, then a low cost flat in very prime location would be your ideal target?
bet you think all those prima, rumawip, etc is also super prime then?

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jan 7 2019, 10:54 AM)
capers and fennels also very classy look, in fact its too classy for its neighbourhood.

ultimately people judge on how much it can rent for and how much it can sell for.
in making my previous statement, if someone is already vested, might as well hope for the best in the delivery of their purchased product. be it facade, quality, etc.
many buildings does not look good from the outside. so for highpark at least it look good. that's one advantage over their immediate neighbour in terms of eye candy. just like looking at the opposite sex. you prefer to look at inner beauty only?

QUOTE(KimiLau @ Jan 8 2019, 12:17 PM)
Location is good but wrong product IMO

I think Kelana Jaya lacks a family oriented with decent sized 3 bedrooms condominium like Sterling.....No more mickey mouse service apartment with commercial shops below for god sake...
Look at how Pinnacle KJ and infinity tower performed?
is pinnacle and infinity performing very badly? when did both products vp?
lacking decent size 3 bedrooms condo? don't think so. new condo maybe. but again price point comes into contention. decent size like 1200+ at a measly 700psf would be 840k already. not an average joe kinda budget in KJ imho. especially with suppressed pricing from kelana puteri, parkview alike.

QUOTE(KimiLau @ Jan 8 2019, 02:18 PM)
Yup, aging population...So we need a proper sized condo for them (from old terrace houses nearby moved to condominium and a proper kitchen.

Studio is mostly for young working adult/student.

Thats why there are still unsold units from developer although it is going to vp soon. Good location but wrong product in this part of PJ....and there are many similar small units coming in future-> Glomac's plaza kl and exsim dev.
But there is no proper condo which is in great demand except sunway serene
this is a shocker for me. sunway serene is selling like hot cakes? can share latest sales chart please?

kochin
post Jan 10 2019, 10:36 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(KimiLau @ Jan 10 2019, 10:27 AM)
1. i am saying that new decent sized condo(without commercial shops below, proper condo ya) at least 900sf and above... if 700 psf, then 900sf will be 600k ++ ya
the site of highpark is freehold

2. Please lah, dont compare with putera, puteri which is very old apartments and cater for low-mid end

3. i said that new condo at this part of kj is in great demand, but no new condo dev except serene and panorama....  bangwall.gif 

->there will be oversupply of studio/soho/mickey mouse unit which none of it is walkable to LRT  rclxm9.gif  exept the upcoming dev from exsim

4. not an average joe budget in kj???
paradigm at 1000psf, highpark too at 1000psf

5. you missed my whole point that i believed gamuda should built proper condo at this precious freehold land instead of small studio with commercials.....look at those empty shops at the grand, zenith etc brows.gif
900sf to fit 3 bedroom is not decent size liao lor.
then it's an enlarge mickey mouse unit to fit 3 rooms already.

paradigm and highpark at 1000psf. that's why it's not selling fantastically. even though very affordable bite size for kj at rm400k'ish absolute.
i stand by my assumption that it's not an average joe budget for this part of town.

kochin
post Jan 10 2019, 10:46 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(KimiLau @ Jan 10 2019, 10:32 AM)
is pinnacle and infinity performing very badly? when did both products vp?

-> Lol, This question shows that you are not familiar in this area dude.... bangwall.gif
you are right. i am not familiar hence my questions.
can share?
kochin
post Jan 10 2019, 11:26 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Jan 10 2019, 11:05 AM)
another sifu's great insight about ownstay product no need make money, in fact making loss baru syiok de. own stay mah…...loss money justified wan....If makes money, then its a big no no....might as well keep as investment.

then where are we going to stay??????  don't worry, I have a lost making investment property at dengkil, opposite bangi…...lelong now closing to half of my spa value.....this wan really good for own stay...…..

but this product is like middle of nowhere leh……..si beh kau far away......how to hang out with my buddies and etc...….???????

listen to me young boy.....if you want own stay property, it got to be loss making property, got it??????

highpark = fennel

end of story...….

speaking of which, gamuda screwed kau their earlier buyers of jadite with even better deals now compared to jadite subsales....

dun hold your breath that gamuda wont do this with highpark. Good luck.
read my post.
i never say loss making equals good for own stay.

all properties and all investment is prone to risk and subjected to gains/losses.

but you claimed and i quote "A good apartments doesnt rely on facade lah....its the location"
that's my main argument.

fennel/capers is a very good example of if one likes it and wants to stay there, what's wrong? just because it's making losses now therefore it is automatically classified as bad prop? hhmmm.... hmm.gif
maybe ah boy too young and have not learn enough kung fu from sifu
kochin
post Jan 10 2019, 02:01 PM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(kimzee @ Jan 10 2019, 12:30 PM)
Well it really goes to show that there is no absolute definition of GOOD or BAD in a piece of property.

Many intangible factors may turn the property from GOOD to BAD or vice versa.

As long as ppl agree to disagree and not resort to name calling and insulting or denigrade others purchase decision since in the end only the purchasers will be the one reaping the fruits or biting the bullets unlike the many keyboard trolls offering unsolicited insights and insults.
what is good today can be bad tomorrow.
same vice versa.

i remember last time i kinda envy the row of ss2 landed houses facing the ss2 mall. thought they hit the jackpot.
mana tahu ss2 mall such a massive failure.
classic scenario of bad to good to worst. well maybe not that worst since no traffic and more parking space.
hahaha.

in this forum, there are plenty of forummers who likes to claim they know it all.
rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
kochin
post Jan 28 2019, 02:57 PM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

mcD coming soon too.
kochin
post Jan 28 2019, 03:12 PM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(davkong @ Jan 28 2019, 03:11 PM)
You mean the undercon building behind Shell?
yup.

it emphasis on the "new concept" some more.
kochin
post Mar 7 2019, 02:15 PM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

a bit too industrial looking for me personally.
but loving the outlook.
kochin
post Jun 3 2019, 08:58 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

what is the available cheapest unit currently and its size pls?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0296sec    0.16    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:25 PM