Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to check Modem Status?

Franklon
post Jun 7 2006, 04:01 AM

Group: Junior Member

Hi all. I've been reading how SNR affects the line and connection. I'm wondering how to check modem status?

I'm using:-

Router: SMC Barricade (SMC7004VBR)
Modem: AzTech 900E(B)2

My Router does not have the function to check modem status. Any other way to check it?

Thanks

This post has been edited by Franklon: Jun 7 2006, 04:02 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dragna
post Jun 7 2006, 04:13 AM

Group: Senior Member

You have to direct plug your modem to your pc in order to check it's status.
+Quote Post
lthock
post Jun 9 2006, 03:12 AM

On my way

any way to check the conetion speed at windows? i'm using winXP sp2..and a Dlink rounter..tmnut 1mb..do i need to download any 3rd party software to check? the tmnut site can check but no accurate everytime i run the test..
+Quote Post
dragna
post Jun 9 2006, 04:43 AM

What Dlink model are you using? If it is a modem/router then login to the router config page, it will state it there.
+Quote Post
kukichi
post Jun 9 2006, 08:37 AM

On my way

QUOTE(lthock @ Jun 9 2006, 04:12 AM)
any way to check the conetion speed at windows? i'm using winXP sp2..and a Dlink rounter..tmnut 1mb..do i need to download any 3rd party software to check? the tmnut site can check but no accurate everytime i run the test..
tmnet or any other isp provider used best effort concept,so u won't be able to get the same speed all the time unless u subscribe for a leased line.

3rd party software are not reliable enough to test the speed.Use the one given by ur ISP, it checks the connection between ur house to the telco/isp itself...usually it's 95% accuracy for LEASED LINE users... as for normal users,it will fluctuate... less than 95% I supposed.
+Quote Post
jay28
post Apr 4 2011, 11:29 PM

Hi Bro,

Good day Bro, I'm facing some trouble when fixing my Aztech modem.(Aztech DSL 900E (B) 2).
Initially its working fine with manual internet lo-gin, but I wanted auto connection to internet when computer turn on. The following step I took:-

1) Default gateway IP is 192.168.1.1, I type this in Internet Explore but no respond. Then I read in some website, there is not configure page for this kind of modem.

2) Instead they recommend DSL Commander, I install it and its prompt the security screen. I entered Router IP address as 192.168.1.1 and password is 'password'.

3) Then its displayed the configuration page. I tried using the available options still I'm unable to connect internet automatic.

4) Then I reset the modem by pressing + holding the modem for 30 minutes. (Here the problem started)

5) After resetting the modem I'm unable to ping the router IP address (192.168.1.1) and unable to lo-gin the modem configuration modem.

6) I tried call TM Cust Service and they said they don't have guide to configure these kind of modem seems its old modem.

Do you know how to configure these modem after resetting process.

I'm hoping that you can assist me to solve this problem. Appreciated if you help me fix-up these problem.

Looking forward for your reply.

Regards,
Jay
jay280584@gmail.com

+Quote Post
gengster
post Apr 5 2011, 01:32 PM

Getting Started

If u do ipconfig what the gateway number appear? is it 192.168.1.1 or diff number?
+Quote Post
zeese
post Apr 5 2011, 02:20 PM

Warning Level

QUOTE(jay28 @ Apr 4 2011, 11:29 PM)
Hi Bro,

Good day Bro, I'm facing some trouble when fixing my Aztech modem.(Aztech DSL 900E (B) 2).
Initially its working fine with manual internet lo-gin, but I wanted auto connection to internet when computer turn on. The following step I took:-

1) Default gateway IP is 192.168.1.1, I type this in Internet Explore but no respond. Then I read in some website, there is not configure page for this kind of modem.

2) Instead they recommend DSL Commander, I install it and its prompt the security screen. I entered Router IP address as 192.168.1.1 and password is 'password'.

3) Then its displayed the configuration page. I tried using the available options still I'm unable to connect internet automatic.

4) Then I reset the modem by pressing + holding the modem for 30 minutes. (Here the problem started)

5) After resetting the modem I'm unable to ping the router IP address (192.168.1.1) and unable to lo-gin the modem configuration modem.

6) I tried call TM Cust Service and they said they don't have guide to configure these kind of modem seems its old modem.

Do you know how to configure these modem after resetting process.
I'm hoping that you can assist me to solve this problem. Appreciated if you help me fix-up these problem.

Looking forward for your reply.

Regards,
Jay
jay280584@gmail.com
Please make your own thread.. You'll get more help that way. Now, you're hijacking TS's thread..
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0453sec    0.53    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 04:20 AM