Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Very unhappy experience at VW, Goh Brothers Motor sdn bhd & Volkswagen

views

jakal sombong
post Oct 3 2013, 10:00 AM

A fool's brain digests philosophy into folly
880 posts

QUOTE(selinix @ Oct 2 2013, 11:57 PM)
Sometimes i think they just don't have the bandwidth to handle the number of complaints and fixing the issues ..
i think they knew the problem from complaints all over the world. but make the customer round around and lost hope in claiming warranty from them.why ??? money , money , money
same ol story just like our favourite local car maker brows.gif .

anyway i pity you TS.

Dwango
post Oct 3 2013, 10:01 AM

Casual
491 posts

QUOTE(jimmygohcl85 @ Oct 3 2013, 09:06 AM)
How about VW Jetta? Test Drive feel very good
The Jetta is good. Refined and quiet. A friend is driving one and so far no issues.
wiraone
post Oct 3 2013, 10:02 AM

Who cares about all the stars?
3,839 posts

I guess I made a good decision to go for Accord instead of Passat based on the above report smile.gif
dtna7
post Oct 3 2013, 10:05 AM

Casual
456 posts

another typical example of a VW owner's nightmare.

You can give me all the high tech stuffs and everything, but in exchange i have to go through all this?
- Sensors failure
- All the safety specs but failures on brakes/engines in the middle of the road is steering me to an expressway to hell
- Unreturned calls to SC/CS? WTF? Pay so much and Proton's customer service level?
- Under warranty but still being charged for repairing my car? What bu11shit is this?
- Months of waiting for a part replacement? What if car cannot be driven until the part is replaced? I have to take the bus/lrt for months after paying a premium price tag?
- I have to repeatedly visit your SC to get the SAME problem fixed?

doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif This is ridiculous!
Don't talk to me about your high tech stuffs before proving your reliability, and your respect after pocketing my money for after sales service.

This post has been edited by dtna7: Oct 3 2013, 10:06 AM
dtna7
post Oct 3 2013, 10:07 AM

Casual
456 posts

QUOTE(wiraone @ Oct 3 2013, 10:02 AM)
I guess I made a good decision to go for Accord instead of Passat based on the above report smile.gif
you bet!
dtna7
post Oct 3 2013, 10:08 AM

Casual
456 posts

QUOTE(Dwango @ Oct 3 2013, 10:01 AM)
The Jetta is good. Refined and quiet. A friend is driving one and so far no issues.
it's using the same GB. Pray. Pray really hard.
vey99
post Oct 3 2013, 10:29 AM

Manyzer
2,851 posts

QUOTE(BlackForce @ Oct 2 2013, 11:34 PM)

they told me the cause of my problem is from my battery

he called me and told me the problem was my brake pad and disc rotor

he told me that i must change my brake fluid

i have to bear cost of the aircond gas refilling

oldest trick in servis line
change the easy part first that no relate to the problem

geek8585
post Oct 3 2013, 10:41 AM

Enthusiast
923 posts

if i were in your shoes, make this bigger with the power of media...
post at VW Malaysia official fb...

feelfree
post Oct 3 2013, 11:05 AM

Getting Started
174 posts

Haha, bro I do not think you are the only victim, my friend also kena one time like your case, he was driving the Polo, engine keep giving him problem, and the 5 years warranty is useless, everything also have to pay until he has no choice, but driven to trade in another car and he swear no more VW in future. VW = normal brand like Japanese, but premium cost of maintenance, quality also lousy like local car, I think most of the VW owner also facing one common problem, the dashboard rattling noise after 1-2 yrs of ownership, especially those used to park their car under direct sunlight!
leftist
post Oct 3 2013, 11:13 AM

Enthusiast
734 posts

the only reliable VW car is polo sedan..u dont have to worry bout DSG biggrin.gif
Mavik
post Oct 3 2013, 11:14 AM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

And that is why I sold of my VW Golf........spent too much time at the service centers instead of work sad.gif
Azurika
post Oct 3 2013, 11:15 AM

Power to Leverage
1,721 posts

If i were you, ill write to their HQ, letting them know how incompetant the Malaysian VW is running .

amdxp
post Oct 3 2013, 11:19 AM

Getting Started
239 posts

But but ..... it seems the TS is using the older version of Beetle wor, if not mistaken.

That one comes with 1.6 engine, and mated to 6 speed gearbox. That model (2G beetle) has overheating problem due to the grill opening is too small for cool air to flow in. For normal outskirt drive not much issue but in big city with jam and congestions, it tends to overheat. Once that happen many electronics parts can fail.

Don't draw pre-conclusion to pin point it to DSG or MU.
chokolato
post Oct 3 2013, 11:34 AM

Getting Started
62 posts

that's why i tell ppl many time. Volkswagen is The Rakyat's Car in Germany. It's an el-cheapo car but overpriced in malaysia. yet many ppl banggala.jpg can drive this conti car. the price u paid can get an entry level bmw 320i or the bmw 316i... the bmw service is PREMIIUM ! get audi or merz also better (if u can afford more).

so, SAY NO TO VOLKSWAGEN KERETA RAKYAT JELATA. it's like a proton sold at same price with honda accord.
jwrx
post Oct 3 2013, 11:35 AM

On my way
515 posts

QUOTE(BlackForce @ Oct 2 2013, 11:34 PM)
This gonna be a little bit long but its complete story of mine.

5 or 6 months ago, my car (Volkswagen Beetle which still under Volkswagen warranty for 2 to 3 years) was having engine unstable and going to stop by itself, so i decided to take my car had a visit to Goh Brothers Motor sdn bhd located at Sungai Penang, Pulau Penang. I was able to bring my car there after quite a number of appointment with them. This is the first time i sent my car there, at the next day they told me the problem caused by my carbon sensor, they told me it just require to clean the sensor. So i believed and ask them to do so. After two days i went to collect my car, by the time i left the service center, the problem still exist. So i called and do another appointment, Goh side replied that i have to wait for 2 to 3 weeks. But it took me 1 month to took my car to the service center again. The second time i sent my car there and told the same problem, they told me to clean the carbon sensor again. But this time the problem seems to solved. Until days before 2nd of September, the engine of my car started to unstable.

At the noon of 2nd September (heavy rain), suddenly my cars' brake paddle stuck and i couldn't brake, the engine stop and smoke came out from front left of my car. So i called the Volkswagen Roadside Assistance, which promise will arrive in 90 minutes but end up i was waiting for them for 4 hours. After towed to Sungai Pinang Volkswagen service center, i called and they told me to let me know what happen to my car at the next day. They did not call me at 3th September, so i called them again at 4th September, Goh side told me they were still troubleshooting problem for my car, and will call back. After one day waiting, i called them back at 5th September, they told me the cause of my problem is from my battery. I argued with them said that smoke came out from my car and the brake paddle stuck had nothing related to my battery some more the battery was new one, but they insist it was my battery problem. And left me no choice have to accept what they told me, so i request them to take any battery to test in my car, they told me if i wanna test, i have to pay for the new battery because they do not have any battery that can test. So i called the person i bought the battery to have me a replacement, after changed the battery my car finally start up. They told me that the problem of smoke came out from my engine and brake paddle stuck is actually all doing good and no problem at all.

So i went to collect my car at Friday, at Friday night (heavy rain) after 45 minutes when i almost reach the parking of my condo, my engine idle unstable again and feel like gonna stop, in order to prevent engine dead i have to step on my gas paddle constantly. Then my brake paddle stuck again, its totally malfunction. Luckily i did not involved in any road accident. It was 12:30am, so i decided to take my car to the service center the next morning. The next morning my car couldn't start up after 10 minutes of trying, so i called Volkswagen Roadside Assistance again, they promised will arrive in 60 minutes. ( File number is : X113061321 } I left my car key to my security guards so they could pick up my car when they arrive, i can't wait for them because i was going to attend an important meeting. After around 1 hour, someone called me they collect my car but they told me my car can start up and they will tow to the service center anyhow. At the same day afternoon, i went to the service center and i was tried to explain to them what i experienced, this condition of my car may cause me to involve into road accident which may risk my life. They said they will start troubleshooting for the problem, end up i wait for them to answer me until 11th of September, i called them to ask, the person in charge name En. Kurma, he keep telling me they are still checking and promised to call me back but never.

After that he called me and told me the problem was my brake pad and disc rotor, i was confused and told him it has nothing to do with the pad and rotor as the problem not brake not gripping but paddle malfunction, but they insisted and told me to change the brake pad, disc rotor and brake fluid which cost me around RM1,100.00 and i reject since i ask other technician as the told me this incident only will occur when the brake pump or something called vacuum malfunction and my car still under warranty. At 13th of September i visit the service center again and i wish to talk with Kurma face to face, but end up fail to met him. So i request to meet the technician who in charge my car, maybe he understand what happening to my car. The technician name some sort of Ah Yuan, i told him everything and told him to update me directly because i have lost faith in En. Kurma since he never update me and failed to follow up at all. I called them again at 17th of September due to nobody update me at all, so i called and talk with Ah Yuan in the line and he told me that i must change my brake fluid around RM200++ and i accepted. Another problem that caused my aircond having leaking noises after incident of 2nd of September, if i wanted to fix it i will only able to collect my car at 24th September but i already told them i must collect my car at 20th September. But i have no choice i have to collect my car at 24th of September.

At 24th September i did not receive call from Goh side, so i called them and they told me that i must wait until 27th due to waiting aircond cooling coil to arrive and i have to bear cost of the aircond gas refilling around RM100++, i have to accept it. But at 27th September En. Kurma called me and told me i cant collect my car because of cooling coil haven't arrive, i told them to explain everything to me and give me an exact date to collect my car but he couldn't answer me. So i complaint to Volkswagen Malaysia, person in charge of my case name Ms. Jessy. I told her everything and she said she will update me with my car status in the same day. But until 1st of October, both Goh Brothers Motor sdn bhd and Volkswagen Malaysia did not gave me any response. So i called Kurma again since he never call back, he told me most probably i can only collect it as early 13th October, i refused and ask him to lend me car as i having transportation problem but he told me he cant decide, he told me he would discuss with his branch manager and will give me a call but never. And i called Volkswagen Malaysia and spoke to Jessy again and told her everything again, i request to talk to their technical department o discuss about brake paddle stuck and engine idling unstable but Jessy told me all technician were not available. She promised me will contact me at the next day, but never. So i call her back the next day (2nd October) but her colleague told me Jessy was engaged for many times, they ask me to left note to Jessy so she could call me back but until now still haven't call me back. Then i call Kurma to get updated of my car status and the request of lending a car but Kurma was engaged for many times, i asked them to call me back but never.

I had been wait for the whole and siting here typing this helpless and hopeless. I still have to pay for installment, which cost me RM2000 per month. And now i have to rent a car which cost me RM100 per day. But the biggest concern is even after collect my car the problem of my brake and engine problem already risk my life and i really helpless now. I tried to talk with experienced technician they told me it could me wiring malfunction due to those incident (brake vacuum, engine idling unstable, battery totally discharged and cooling coil leaking at the same moment) were in raining day. So i believe its short circuit of the wiring system. I am already lost faith in Volkswagen servicing and the worst Goh Brothers Motor Sdn Bhd. Please let me know what should i do.

icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif
Bro,

you have a strong case. File a case with Consumer Tribunal. It only costs RM5 and you will get a court hearing within 1 week, and you can claim up to 25k.

Claim for all the damsges, towing etc.

Once you get a trial date, fax to Goh brothers and VW HQ, i guarantee they will call you to settle b4 the hearing, cos the tribunal usually sides with the consumer

usually even the threat of a consumer tribunal case would get VW HQ to contact you back fast fast

This post has been edited by jwrx: Oct 3 2013, 11:36 AM
chokolato
post Oct 3 2013, 11:41 AM

Getting Started
62 posts

QUOTE(Eralus @ Oct 3 2013, 11:39 AM)
do it brother its time to teach them some lesson.
just tell ur frens to boikot VW can dy la.. when sales drop, VW germany sure question and change dealer
matmoto5125
post Oct 3 2013, 11:43 AM

#kitajagakita
1,293 posts

QUOTE(jwrx @ Oct 3 2013, 11:35 AM)
Bro,

you have a strong case. File a case with Consumer Tribunal. It only costs RM5 and you will get a court hearing within 1 week, and you can claim up to 25k.

Claim for all the damsges, towing etc.

Once you get a trial date, fax to Goh brothers and VW HQ, i guarantee they will call you to settle b4 the hearing, cos the tribunal usually sides with the consumer

usually even the threat of a consumer tribunal case would get VW HQ to contact you back fast fast
I 100% agree with this. Rather than running back and forth between SC and VW showroom/whatever, better to get into a lil bit of 'hassle' to lodge this case to Tribunal.
ZzZzz...
post Oct 3 2013, 11:54 AM

Art of Sleeping
1,773 posts

can summarize mar? plssss
wiraone
post Oct 3 2013, 11:56 AM

Who cares about all the stars?
3,839 posts

QUOTE(amdxp @ Oct 3 2013, 11:19 AM)
But but ..... it seems the TS is using the older version of Beetle wor, if not mistaken.

That one comes with 1.6 engine, and mated to 6 speed gearbox.  That model (2G beetle) has overheating problem due to the grill opening is too small for cool air to flow in.  For normal outskirt drive not much issue but in big city with jam and congestions, it tends to overheat.  Once that happen many electronics parts can fail.

Don't draw pre-conclusion to pin point it to DSG or MU.
The DSG issue wasn't raised by the TS but it was raised by few owners in this thread who shared their experiences driving VW. DSG does indeed has problem, even the SA that attended me during test drive told me about this. It is a known problem with mechatronics stuffs she said.
zweimmk
post Oct 3 2013, 11:56 AM

On my way
512 posts

To TS:

http://ttpm.kpdnkk.gov.my/portal/index.php/en/

Good luck, hope your problem gets resolved soon.

11 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0220sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:44 PM