Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Shrimp Thing, All About Shrimp - Neocaridina & Others

views

flumx91
post Sep 4 2019, 04:24 PM

Getting Started
203 posts

QUOTE(Spaceman_27 @ Sep 4 2019, 12:20 PM)
I used to keep fish. Now i'm interested in getting back to the hobby but with shrimps. I wanna ask, is HOB filter ok with shrimps since i'm on a budget constraint and i'd like to make do with what i have at the moment.
Okay but if planning to breed, I think need to cover the inflow with sponge or those stainless steel mesh filter
flumx91
post Sep 5 2019, 10:05 AM

Getting Started
203 posts

QUOTE(Spaceman_27 @ Sep 4 2019, 08:29 PM)
I've got the hardscape materials ready and now i just need some substrate and plants for cycling. I'm planning to have a java moss carpet and some background plants, preferably something low demand. Any suggestions?

Also, i find Amazonia ADA to be pretty expensive. Any alternatives? I see people use organic soil as substrate and topped with with gravel. But i worry that toxic shit will leak out and kill the shrimps.

user posted image
I just started keeping shrimp, so I don't really have any suggestion as I had just setup 1 tank for shrimp.
My setup using Fluval Stratum soil + dual sponge filter + java moss on dw + a few cabomba.
Fluval is okay with my shrimp but price wise, it is just a little bit cheaper to ADA Amazonia.
I might try with amazonia the next time I shop for soil.
flumx91
post Oct 31 2019, 09:57 AM

Getting Started
203 posts

QUOTE(IReallyNeed Answers @ Oct 28 2019, 01:10 AM)
Guys, I have about 11 tiger barb in my tank, with 2 Borneo sucker.

Then as I was shopping for more supplies, impulse kicked in and I brought 8 cherry shrimp, without given it a tot, I just put all of them together.

Day one was fine, shrimp were active and bump into the barn without issues, but now day three and four, they’re all hiding in my drift wood and not coming out in the open, is this normal? Or are the scare?

During day one mostly is shrimp bump into barb and barb did not pick on shrimp.

Advise appreciated

UPDATE

- just witness first hand how my barb trrrorised the shrimp and eat it’s head off. So yeah, probably whole colony gone over the night.
Just opened this thread back after a while.
Maybe already too late, but yeah. Tiger barb is an aggressive fish.
Once they have grown bigger, even adult shrimp will be eaten.

The only fish I'm confident to put together with my shrimp are oto biggrin.gif
flumx91
post Nov 1 2019, 07:45 AM

Getting Started
203 posts

QUOTE(IReallyNeed Answers @ Oct 31 2019, 09:32 PM)
It was a lost hope, but to my surprise, I spotted one shrimp and when I dig further, found the colony still intact and hiding within my drift wood, removed them and house Them in a diff tank now, only shrimp and my Borneo suckers.
Nice, lucky for you lots of them managed to hide away from the fishes laugh.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0188sec    0.36    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:20 PM