Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Shrimp Thing, All About Shrimp - Neocaridina & Others

views

DaIdiot
post Aug 2 2019, 04:19 PM

Regular
1,026 posts

hello guys, im looking to start keeping a shrimp tank, any recommendations on petshops in klang valley area that i can go to to get something like a starter kit ?
Vio
post Aug 5 2019, 03:52 PM

Enthusiast
810 posts

QUOTE(DaIdiot @ Aug 2 2019, 04:19 PM)
hello guys, im looking to start keeping a shrimp tank, any recommendations on petshops in klang valley area that i can go to to get something like a starter kit ?
can start out with some cherry shrimp.

if u are interested i have some low grade fire red to let go, my location is at bkt jalil

-PraV-
post Aug 17 2019, 04:28 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

Hi guys, any idea where to get shrimp in Sabah? I've looked everywhere in KK but can't find em
tehoice
post Aug 19 2019, 11:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,597 posts

QUOTE(DaIdiot @ Aug 2 2019, 04:19 PM)
aquahaus in pandan indah
pet 88 aman suria
shrimpoly damansara heights
shrimpsland klang bukit tinggi
beebies shrimps klang dunno where
fish depot aman suria

you can just do a quick google to find out about them.
Spaceman_27
post Sep 4 2019, 12:20 PM

38 posts

I used to keep fish. Now i'm interested in getting back to the hobby but with shrimps. I wanna ask, is HOB filter ok with shrimps since i'm on a budget constraint and i'd like to make do with what i have at the moment.
flumx91
post Sep 4 2019, 04:24 PM

Getting Started
196 posts

QUOTE(Spaceman_27 @ Sep 4 2019, 12:20 PM)
I used to keep fish. Now i'm interested in getting back to the hobby but with shrimps. I wanna ask, is HOB filter ok with shrimps since i'm on a budget constraint and i'd like to make do with what i have at the moment.
Okay but if planning to breed, I think need to cover the inflow with sponge or those stainless steel mesh filter
Spaceman_27
post Sep 4 2019, 08:29 PM

38 posts

QUOTE(flumx91 @ Sep 4 2019, 05:24 PM)
Okay but if planning to breed, I think need to cover the inflow with sponge or those stainless steel mesh filter
I've got the hardscape materials ready and now i just need some substrate and plants for cycling. I'm planning to have a java moss carpet and some background plants, preferably something low demand. Any suggestions?

Also, i find Amazonia ADA to be pretty expensive. Any alternatives? I see people use organic soil as substrate and topped with with gravel. But i worry that toxic shit will leak out and kill the shrimps.

user posted image

This post has been edited by Spaceman_27: Sep 4 2019, 08:30 PM
flumx91
post Sep 5 2019, 10:05 AM

Getting Started
196 posts

QUOTE(Spaceman_27 @ Sep 4 2019, 08:29 PM)
I've got the hardscape materials ready and now i just need some substrate and plants for cycling. I'm planning to have a java moss carpet and some background plants, preferably something low demand. Any suggestions?

Also, i find Amazonia ADA to be pretty expensive. Any alternatives? I see people use organic soil as substrate and topped with with gravel. But i worry that toxic shit will leak out and kill the shrimps.

user posted image
I just started keeping shrimp, so I don't really have any suggestion as I had just setup 1 tank for shrimp.
My setup using Fluval Stratum soil + dual sponge filter + java moss on dw + a few cabomba.
Fluval is okay with my shrimp but price wise, it is just a little bit cheaper to ADA Amazonia.
I might try with amazonia the next time I shop for soil.
bartbarb
post Sep 15 2019, 05:17 PM

Casual
383 posts

Anyone here around setapak got cherry shrimp to let go?
Vio
post Oct 7 2019, 10:47 AM

Enthusiast
810 posts

QUOTE(bartbarb @ Sep 15 2019, 05:17 PM)
Anyone here around setapak got cherry shrimp to let go?
hi i do have some fire reds to let go, do let me know if u r interested, im at kinrara puchong
teddy1985
post Oct 7 2019, 10:56 AM

17 posts

QUOTE(Vio @ Oct 7 2019, 10:47 AM)
hi i do have some fire reds to let go, do let me know if u r interested, im at kinrara puchong
Hi, i am interested biggrin.gif PM-ed u
IReallyNeed Answers
post Oct 28 2019, 01:10 AM

Krazeybender
906 posts

Guys, I have about 11 tiger barb in my tank, with 2 Borneo sucker.

Then as I was shopping for more supplies, impulse kicked in and I brought 8 cherry shrimp, without given it a tot, I just put all of them together.

Day one was fine, shrimp were active and bump into the barn without issues, but now day three and four, they’re all hiding in my drift wood and not coming out in the open, is this normal? Or are the scare?

During day one mostly is shrimp bump into barb and barb did not pick on shrimp.

Advise appreciated

UPDATE

- just witness first hand how my barb trrrorised the shrimp and eat it’s head off. So yeah, probably whole colony gone over the night.

This post has been edited by IReallyNeed Answers: Oct 28 2019, 11:10 AM
flumx91
post Oct 31 2019, 09:57 AM

Getting Started
196 posts

QUOTE(IReallyNeed Answers @ Oct 28 2019, 01:10 AM)
Guys, I have about 11 tiger barb in my tank, with 2 Borneo sucker.

Then as I was shopping for more supplies, impulse kicked in and I brought 8 cherry shrimp, without given it a tot, I just put all of them together.

Day one was fine, shrimp were active and bump into the barn without issues, but now day three and four, they’re all hiding in my drift wood and not coming out in the open, is this normal? Or are the scare?

During day one mostly is shrimp bump into barb and barb did not pick on shrimp.

Advise appreciated

UPDATE

- just witness first hand how my barb trrrorised the shrimp and eat it’s head off. So yeah, probably whole colony gone over the night.
Just opened this thread back after a while.
Maybe already too late, but yeah. Tiger barb is an aggressive fish.
Once they have grown bigger, even adult shrimp will be eaten.

The only fish I'm confident to put together with my shrimp are oto biggrin.gif
IReallyNeed Answers
post Oct 31 2019, 09:32 PM

Krazeybender
906 posts

QUOTE(flumx91 @ Oct 31 2019, 09:57 AM)
Just opened this thread back after a while.
Maybe already too late, but yeah. Tiger barb is an aggressive fish.
Once they have grown bigger, even adult shrimp will be eaten.

The only fish I'm confident to put together with my shrimp are oto  biggrin.gif
It was a lost hope, but to my surprise, I spotted one shrimp and when I dig further, found the colony still intact and hiding within my drift wood, removed them and house Them in a diff tank now, only shrimp and my Borneo suckers.
flumx91
post Nov 1 2019, 07:45 AM

Getting Started
196 posts

QUOTE(IReallyNeed Answers @ Oct 31 2019, 09:32 PM)
It was a lost hope, but to my surprise, I spotted one shrimp and when I dig further, found the colony still intact and hiding within my drift wood, removed them and house Them in a diff tank now, only shrimp and my Borneo suckers.
Nice, lucky for you lots of them managed to hide away from the fishes laugh.gif
Nicklaus T. P
post Feb 3 2020, 08:00 PM

Probation
0 posts

Hi frens, I'm a beginner in this hobby and can really use some advice from you guys. I have a 5 gallon planted betta tank and so far he's doing very good. My plan initially was to have 1 betta and 1 nerite snail. But I found out today, there are alot of requirements to take care of snail...like GH and KH. Add up everything, Ph tester, TDS meter, KH/Gh liquid around more than 100 ringgit already... all for a 3 ringgit snail. My LFS won't even sell 1 snail to me because I didn't meet the water parameters (I think the seller just being responsible la, i no blame him).

So now my plan abit 'ruined' dy and kinda bummed out rn. Anyone here have experience taking care of nerite snail can give some advice? I know this is shrimp forum (sorry ya...) but it seems the requirement for shrimp and snail almost the same. KL tap water really not hard enough ah, need buy 50+ringgit supplement?
chamelion
post Feb 13 2020, 08:55 AM

Back to Bricking
2,523 posts

I need to buy some cherry shrimp as part of school project.
Grade doesnt really matter.

Anyone hv CSR to let go?
Pm
Vio
post Feb 14 2020, 03:08 PM

Enthusiast
810 posts

anyone know where selling sulawesi? my colony died off due to power outage

91 Pages « < 89 90 91Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0531sec    4.19    6 queries    GZIP Disabled