Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
110 Pages « < 93 94 95 96 97 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Recommendation for Credit Cards V2, Please post according to Format stated.

views

victorywp
post Apr 20 2015, 03:13 PM

V.I.P
All Stars
11,677 posts

QUOTE(gettodachoppa @ Apr 20 2015, 03:05 PM)
Seeking advice. My priority is to reduce debts (5K) from my primary card, hence balance transfer is critical in my selection

1. Annual Income: RM80K

2. Free Lifetime Annual Fee: Free

3. Card required for: Balance Transfer

4. Existing credit cards if any: Maybank (VISA-Gold), Ambank (Master- Gold)

5. Looking at CC from: any

6. Others: Priority Balance Transfer from Ambank

Thanks
get yourself an aeon cc or pbb cc for 0% bt...
Bonescythe
post Apr 20 2015, 03:15 PM

One Quarter In...
28,187 posts

QUOTE(victorywp @ Apr 20 2015, 03:12 PM)
unless your new cc and your old cc is from different entity? for eg. conventional vs islamic?
Hmm.. is grey.
exisiting is HLB conventional
new is MACH Hong leong.

I assume the 2 is.. different ?
victorywp
post Apr 20 2015, 03:50 PM

V.I.P
All Stars
11,677 posts

QUOTE(Bonescythe @ Apr 20 2015, 03:15 PM)
Hmm.. is grey.
exisiting is HLB conventional
new is MACH Hong leong.

I assume the 2 is.. different ?
yeah, if not mistaken this both is different entity too, with mach is a sub-brand of hlb.
you can't apply for mach at any hlb branches and vice versa right?

by the way what's your cl for hlb conventional vs mach?
Bonescythe
post Apr 20 2015, 04:04 PM

One Quarter In...
28,187 posts

QUOTE(victorywp @ Apr 20 2015, 03:50 PM)
yeah, if not mistaken this both is different entity too, with mach is a sub-brand of hlb.
you can't apply for mach at any hlb branches and vice versa right?

by the way what's your cl for hlb conventional vs mach?
Yea.. mach only.can apply at mach.. hlb conventional cannot apply mach card.

conventional limit is more than 10k
the mach requested is just 5k
virgoguy
post Apr 20 2015, 04:52 PM

On my way
539 posts

I am looking for a good 2nd card to pair up with my MBB2 Platinum (MC/Amex)

3. Card required for: Petrol, Utility bills, Groceries, Dinning, online purchase etc

4. Existing credit cards if any: MBB2card Platinum

6. Others: cash back/rebate/reward points

thanks
victorywp
post Apr 20 2015, 11:05 PM

V.I.P
All Stars
11,677 posts

QUOTE(virgoguy @ Apr 20 2015, 04:52 PM)
I am looking for a good 2nd card to pair up with my MBB2 Platinum (MC/Amex)

3. Card required for: Petrol, Utility bills, Groceries, Dinning, online purchase etc

4. Existing credit cards if any: MBB2card Platinum

6. Others: cash back/rebate/reward points

thanks
mbb ikhwan, aeon watami..
sam240
post Apr 21 2015, 01:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,559 posts

Which bank currently has a good free gift / voucher when sign up?
I know when sign up with RinggitPlus will get free Huawei Tablet, other than this?
chuen87
post Apr 23 2015, 03:01 PM

24 posts

Dear,

1. Annual Income: RM55k

2. Free Lifetime Annual Fee: preferably free

3. Card required for: Petrol, food and beverage, golf, shopping, bills

4. Existing credit cards if any: MBB2card

6. Others: cash back/rebate/golf privilege
muyo
post Apr 23 2015, 07:51 PM

28 posts

Hi.

Recently I applied 2 gold card maybank at 1 utama. But ended up come out A visa petronas when I received. anyone have experience with this card? for me all cc is same to me. Using future money and pay them later. BTW. This is my 1st time apply. Any good advice will be much appreciated. Mostly use on petrol, dining, buy hardware stuff.
fruitie
post Apr 23 2015, 09:55 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,988 posts

QUOTE(muyo @ Apr 23 2015, 07:51 PM)
Hi.

Recently I applied 2 gold card maybank at 1 utama. But ended up come out A visa petronas when I received. anyone have experience with this card? for me all cc is same to me. Using future money and pay them later. BTW. This is my 1st time apply. Any good advice will be much appreciated. Mostly use on petrol, dining, buy hardware stuff.
No, you are wrong. CC is not about using future money, that's why most of the youngsters these days are in great debt. Most of us the users in this section, have the sufficient money to pay but we opt to use credit card because it has cash rebates, reward points, discounts, special privileges and 20-day free interest.

M2Cards are much better than Visa Petronas. I suggest you try to re-apply again and understand why didn't they give you the M2Cards but instead Visa Petronas.

This post has been edited by fruitie: Apr 23 2015, 09:55 PM
muyo
post Apr 23 2015, 11:33 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Apr 23 2015, 09:55 PM)
No, you are wrong. CC is not about using future money, that's why most of the youngsters these days are in great debt. Most of us the users in this section, have the sufficient money to pay but we opt to use credit card because it has cash rebates, reward points, discounts, special privileges and 20-day free interest.

M2Cards are much better than Visa Petronas. I suggest you try to re-apply again and understand why didn't they give you the M2Cards but instead Visa Petronas.
Actually is their mistakes. And the person who handle my case already ask his boss to handle mine. And he say will apply m2g for me. after is done I'm gonna cancel this petronas visa. But they didn't admit is their fault. Mostly I spend is hotels as I'm outstation quite often cause need stay budget hotel. And some times don't have so much cash to spare hotel too. well for me is not about the cash rebate and stuff but my 1st priority is always make things convenient. I know mostly youngster always spend a big buc using cc. But I'm much more older than that haha! Is always About convenient. And I don't mind if there's reward or points to exchange stuff. What do you suggest beside m2g. I'm really new to this. Seems like charge card also have more benefits like the American express. And I saw the chart that can actually save more. What are the different between charge card and cc? anone can rectify?
lengzhai
post Apr 23 2015, 11:50 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(muyo @ Apr 23 2015, 11:33 PM)
Actually is their mistakes. And the person who handle my case already ask his boss to handle mine. And he say will apply m2g for me. after is done I'm gonna cancel this petronas visa. But they didn't admit is their fault. Mostly I spend is hotels as I'm outstation quite often cause need stay budget hotel. And some times don't have so much cash to spare hotel too. well for me is not about the cash rebate and stuff but my 1st priority is always make things convenient. I know mostly youngster always spend a big buc using cc. But I'm much more older than that haha! Is always About convenient. And I don't mind if there's reward or points to exchange stuff. What do you suggest beside m2g. I'm really new to this. Seems like charge card also have more benefits like the American express. And I saw the chart that can actually save more. What are the different between charge card and cc? anone can rectify?
"Charge card is actually a card with commitment to pay in full amount. Credit card you can pay a minimum charge to let go and interest will come on top of it."

But Maybankard2 American Express Charge Card (in Malaysia) is totally works the same with credit card. You can balance transfer, pay minimum amount of charge etc. Literally you can assume Maybankard2 Amex is a credit card.

The only difference between Amex and Maybankard2 Visa is you can use M2C Amex for cash rebates on weekend, higher treatpoints(5X) for shopping, dining, travel, petrol etc.

But note that in Malaysia, most of the small aka budget hotel don't accept Amex, only Visa and Master. However, it is good to have Amex and Visa. You still can swipe it when you are on the go using Visa, and Amex when they do accept Amex.
fly126
post Apr 23 2015, 11:50 PM

Lousy One
4,404 posts

QUOTE(muyo @ Apr 23 2015, 11:33 PM)
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=73281819

Read More: http://loanstreet.com.my/learning-centre/b...nd-charge-cards

This post has been edited by fly126: Apr 23 2015, 11:55 PM
muyo
post Apr 24 2015, 12:08 AM

28 posts

I see. Didn't know cc can be a part of knowledge. BTW is Amex refer to a I saAmerican express? maybank has this American express credit card. But m2g has it too. So I abit confuse. Since Amex is a must have card why I don't just apply maybank American express cc? But m2g has both. So the m2g American express apply the same as American express cc? Seems I did a wrong choice.

Please help. What should I get if you are on my Side.
lengzhai
post Apr 24 2015, 12:33 AM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(muyo @ Apr 24 2015, 12:08 AM)
I see. Didn't know cc can be a part of knowledge. BTW is Amex refer to a I saAmerican express? maybank has this American express credit card. But m2g has it too. So I abit confuse. Since Amex is a must have card why I don't just apply maybank American express cc? But m2g has both. So the m2g American express apply the same as American express cc? Seems I did a wrong choice.

Please help. What should I get if you are on my Side.
Amex is American Express's short form.

Amex
------------------------------------
If you apply a card directly with American Express Company, you will be given American Express Charge Card. It's a charge card that have NO spending limit by default, pay in full amount when the bill arrive.

American Express also have various credit cards, which bound to a spending limit and have benefits like the rest of credit cards available outside, such as balance transfer.
-------------------------------------

Maybank
When you apply a credit card with Maybank (Bank), say Maybankard2 Gold (M2G),
Maybank will give you 1)an AMEX Gold Card; and 2) Visa or Master Gold Card. as per the package that you have requested.

But the only different thing is the Amex is "parked" under Maybank and it has good offers and perks as compared to AMEX Charge Card. Addition to that, Maybank AMEX is like a credit card which it have credit limit, minimum payment available, balance transfer etc.

Maybank Account Holder, By using M2U, it is convenient as it will link your credit cards to your M2U and it simplifies your bill payment, one-stop bill statement etc.

Dear all pro, please correct me if I am wrong. sweat.gif notworthy.gif

In Malaysia,
American Express (Amex) is managed by Malayan Banking Berhad (Maybank). That's why if you go through their offer and benefits its all about the same, I am referring to equivalent status of Credit Card. tongue.gif
fruitie
post Apr 24 2015, 09:44 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,988 posts

To clear all your questions, go to this thread: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3544353

This post has been edited by fruitie: Apr 24 2015, 09:45 AM
lengzhai
post Apr 24 2015, 02:51 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Apr 24 2015, 09:44 AM)
To clear all your questions, go to this thread: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3544353
rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
red_scorpion
post Apr 25 2015, 04:43 PM

Regular
1,211 posts

QUOTE(lengzhai @ Apr 24 2015, 12:33 AM)
Amex is American Express's short form.

Amex
If you apply a card directly with American Express Company, you will be given American Express Charge Card. It's a charge card that have NO spending limit by default, pay in full amount when the bill arrive.

American Express also have various credit cards, which bound to a spending limit and have benefits like the rest of credit cards available outside, such as balance transfer.

Maybank
When you apply a credit card with Maybank (Bank), say Maybankard2 Gold (M2G),
Maybank will give you 1)an AMEX Gold Card; and 2) Visa or Master Gold Card. as per the package that you have requested.

But the only different thing is the Amex is "parked" under Maybank and it has good offers and perks as compared to AMEX Charge Card. Addition to that, Maybank AMEX is like a credit card which it have credit limit, minimum payment available, balance transfer etc.

Maybank Account Holder, By using M2U, it is convenient as it will link your credit cards to your M2U and it simplifies your bill payment, one-stop bill statement etc.

Dear all pro, please correct me if I am wrong. sweat.gif  notworthy.gif
In Malaysia,
American Express (Amex) is managed by Malayan Banking Berhad (Maybank). That's why if you go through their offer and benefits its all about the same, I am referring to equivalent status of Credit Card. tongue.gif
To add on, we can apply amex charge card from maybank as well, and the card will appear in the m2u also.
yvonnesoo
post Apr 26 2015, 08:49 AM

Wanderluster
2,169 posts

1. Annual Income: >RM36K

2. Free Lifetime Annual Fee: If got better

3. Card required for: Cash Back/Rebate, EPP, Low BT, Retails local n sometimes overseas, Petrol, Dining (not priority)

4. Existing credit cards if any: OCBC Titanium (plan to cancel), HSBC Gold, HLB Gold

5. Looking at CC from: Unsure as too many selections. UOB 1 card, MBB 2 cards, HLB Mach or any other good HLB?

6. Others: Convenient when paying CC bills

This post has been edited by yvonnesoo: Apr 26 2015, 08:58 AM
fruitie
post Apr 26 2015, 10:15 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,988 posts

QUOTE(yvonnesoo @ Apr 26 2015, 08:49 AM)
1. Annual Income: >RM36K

2. Free Lifetime Annual Fee: If got better

3. Card required for: Cash Back/Rebate, EPP, Low BT, Retails local n sometimes overseas, Petrol, Dining (not priority)

4. Existing credit cards if any: OCBC Titanium (plan to cancel), HSBC Gold, HLB Gold

5. Looking at CC from: Unsure as too many selections.  UOB 1 card, MBB 2 cards, HLB Mach or any other good HLB?

6. Others: Convenient when paying CC bills
Start off with M2Cards first, everyone should have this combo in their wallet.

110 Pages « < 93 94 95 96 97 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0277sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:52 PM