Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Passport & Visa Application, Validity, & related issues. Discuss here (Travel)

views

emwyatt2007
post Aug 7 2017, 10:00 AM

15 posts

QUOTE(ThisWorldisWeird @ May 16 2017, 11:08 AM)
Hello, I'll be travelling to Sichuan, China for a week on my own without travel agency.
It's my first time so I don't know how to do Visa.
Can do online? How much does it cost and how long does it last?
How early before my travel date do I need to apply?

TQ
Hi, Just to let you know if you don't already know, the visa center has also opened an office in Penang. It is on Lebuh Bishop. Check their website for details.
emwyatt2007
post Oct 19 2018, 08:12 AM

15 posts

I got my passport renewed this week. Just wanted to share my experience with those of you who might be doing the same soon.

Location: Immigration office at Lebuh Pantai (just across from LHDN office and within view of the Queen Victoria Clock Tower)

I went on Monday around 10AM. I showed my old passport and MyKad to the reception officer. The service was quick and efficient. The officer was polite and friendly. I got my waiting number right away. There were already 120 people ahead of me. So I waited. I could have gone for late breakfast or early lunch but I chose to wait.

At about 12:30PM, my number was called. I went up to the counter and gave the old passport and MyKad to the officer.
Again, I received very friendly service. Just don’t be shocked when officer asked about your marital status. They only wanted to update the system because your status could have changed between the old and new application.
I was asked to have my thumb on the scanning machine to verify my identity. Then I took the seat in front of the camera and my photo was taken with no issue. Make sure you push your hair back behind your ears and the forehead is not obstructed by your hair. If you are wearing a top that is too light or bright you might be asked to put on the provided jacket which is hung next to the camera. (Now I don’t remember if my MyKad was returned to me at this application counter or at the cashier counter.)

After photo session, you will be asked to sign your renewal application and wait at the cashier counter (counter 4). Just hang around there and listen for your name. It should not take too long. Prepare RM 200. When your name is called, go to that counter and pay. You will be given a receipt (A4 size) with instruction about what time to return to collect the passport. My return time was 1:45PM

Come back to the Immigration office at the time stated on your receipt. Show it to the reception. You will be given another waiting number. But this time go straight to counter 8 and drop off your receipt in the little basket at counter 8. Hang around there. When your number is called go up to the counter. You will be asked to sign and also scan your thumb. Then your new and old passport (with the front cover cut) will be given to you. Check that everything is correct before leaving. I left the place just before 2PM.

And there you have it. Your new passport!

emwyatt2007
post Jan 26 2020, 08:21 AM

15 posts

The China visa center in KL and Penang has just posted on their website about multi entry visa application for Malaysians. Take a look :

https://www.visaforchina.org/KUL_EN/general...ws/283202.shtml

This is in conjunction with the Year of Culture and Tourism between the two countries.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0502sec    0.34    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 5th March 2021 - 09:49 PM