Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Passport & Visa Application, Validity, & related issues. Discuss here (Travel)

views

GameFr3ak
post Feb 21 2020, 10:48 AM

I hate cutting
3,749 posts

urghh... the good ol' Australia visa hurdle. I have a scheduled flight departing on 28 Feb from KL > Sudney > NZ.

NZ ETA done, easy. The next issue is Australia. Previously, Malaysia visa was approved relatively quickly and easily. But this time, I am facing quite the delay with just the transit visa in Australia. I'll have to stay over for around 10 hours before the next flight to NZ. So I applied for the transit visa at the beginning of Feb and was asked to get biometrics done. Sure enough, got it done. Then my application status remained unchanged "Further assessment".

It boggles my mind how much problem arises when it's just a simple transit!

Did anyone experience this before? I guess my last bet would be to purchase another flight ticket to NZ which will give me less layover time (to under 8 hours).
GameFr3ak
post Feb 24 2020, 09:12 AM

I hate cutting
3,749 posts

Anyone recently applied transit visa for Australia? Freaking taking forever and my flight is on 29th Feb !
GameFr3ak
post Feb 24 2020, 10:09 AM

I hate cutting
3,749 posts

QUOTE(PaperClip224 @ Feb 24 2020, 09:15 AM)
transit Visa ? you just need to apply for an ETA ... that takes a few minutes ...
unless you got randomly selected - for request for more information ..

did you receive an email ?
If that's the case then I did received the bad end of the stick ..I was requested for more information when I had an agency to apply for me. Was told to email more information for some reason . So I went and applied for transit visa instead since it's actually a transit. But then I've submitted since 11 feb and till now it's not approved yet zzz

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0211sec    0.33    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 9th March 2021 - 09:12 AM