Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Passport & Visa Application, Validity, & related issues. Discuss here (Travel)

views

Chaud
post May 27 2019, 04:48 PM

Enthusiast
998 posts

QUOTE(advTech @ May 27 2019, 02:53 PM)
ok, now i get it. BUT, if it is part of it, why didn't they include it in the punch in holes also??? confused.gif  why showing two forms of the passport number? this is bad design, unless with valid reasons that i don't know of!
probably the machine only support digits
Chaud
post May 28 2019, 08:56 AM

Enthusiast
998 posts

QUOTE(advTech @ May 28 2019, 08:46 AM)
I doubt this. Look:

user posted image

How hard is it to include the character 'A' in the numbers on page 3?  confused.gif

I am pissed off on this because on my recent trip to China, I bought air tickets giving the number according to what I saw in page 3 (without 'A'), but for the visa the Chinese embassy was using the number with 'A'. I have to waste time clarify this twice in China immigration checkpoints.  ranting.gif

Why put two versions of the passport numbers? Somemore the wrong version are printed much much bigger and more visible than the correct one?!  bangwall.gif

Really wish those a**holes who are responsible for this make this disappear in future versions.
The main page itself already shows the A included...why pandai2 go refer other part and assume not included though? doh.gif
Chaud
post Feb 5 2020, 10:43 AM

Enthusiast
998 posts

no problem

for first name if follow western format means there is normally no space

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0489sec    0.50    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th February 2021 - 06:17 PM