Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> 121 RESIDENCES @ FRINGE OF BANDAR UTAMA, Version 2.0 of Glomac Centro development (Investment)

views

Bjorn1688
post Apr 5 2019, 01:04 AM

Regular
1,924 posts

Does anyone know if this area there are any freehold developments?
Bjorn1688
post Apr 5 2019, 01:06 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

Anyone know how does the reputation of Glomac stack up against the likes of Sime Darby, Sunway and BRBD or is it more along Mah Sing or closer to Aset Kayamas and PV?

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Apr 5 2019, 09:13 AM)
new ones nearby here mostly leasehold nowadays... freehold seems fully developed around the area... there maybe more here and there... but those should be hard to realize small developments...
Ok, was just wondering whether any of the new ones around here are freehold as seems every project in this part of PJ seems to be LH.

Bjorn1688
post Apr 7 2019, 03:18 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

At the show gallery.
Place is so dead
Bjorn1688
post Apr 7 2019, 05:04 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(elrovera @ Apr 7 2019, 03:41 PM)
You refer to the site or the show gallery?
It was the show gallery at first but looking at the site it is dead of any good activities too.

Centro next to it seems to be a non- starter too.
Bjorn1688
post Apr 8 2019, 12:20 AM

Regular
1,924 posts

My visit today, took a look around. Hoarding is up and stickers are there to indicate so.

Site is opposite this development called AmanAra by SweetHarvest Development.

Project sits among a lot of older developments, some slums and some upmarket low rise/low density developments.

Cheap? Yeah but a very small percentage of units will be RM300k, supposedly it goes up by around RM2k per floor?

Layout largely similar to Plaza Kelana Jaya just that it will have a balcony and yard.

No showunit yet, agents are showing the Plaza Kelana Jaya at Glo Damansara.

Glo Centro has 8 more units from the developer according to the SA. No fire sale yet it seems. Still have a few more units at Glo Damansara too.

Booking RM3k and you ballot for unit in June.

What's up with all developers choosing to do ballots these days?

Pros:
Cheap. Just a bit more than a Rumawip and quite possibly will be the cheapest brand new property in the area.
Accessibility (500m away to station)
It will have a good mix of own stay and investors as there will be a larger unit targeted for own stay purposes.

Cons:-
Leasehold.
Area feels overshadowed by the slums around it.
It WILL be a scary walk to the train station unless those slums are cleared away before then.
Narrow roads around.

Buy one?? I will have to think about this one.

Bjorn1688
post Apr 8 2019, 02:52 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(katrina8080 @ Apr 8 2019, 11:31 AM)
Hi, did you book an appointment before going the Glomac Sales Gallery?
Is there a showroom for Plaza KJ over there?
tq
The sales gallery is at Menara Glomac Block A. They have the layouts and scale model but the showunit for Plaza Kelana Jaya is at Glo Damansara around 200m walk away from the sales gallery. Opposite a Jaya Grocer.

I always go as a walk in to anywhere and I will only deal with a developer SA.

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Apr 8 2019, 11:55 AM)
how do you guys do it?

visit the actual site first before making appointment to go to sales gallery

OR

visit to the sales gallery and received all the welcome and GRADE A services from sales team there, then later go to actual site?
Usually I visit the sales gallery first without any appointments. We always do walk-in without any appointments and I let my missus do the talking. We always get the best of services as everyone will want to lick her feet. We then get all the info and usually someone will offer to bring us to the site if we are keen.

We will always decline and visit the site on our own as we like to go there by public transport to get a feel of the place.

QUOTE(8sg9ft @ Apr 8 2019, 12:24 PM)
I can't disagree with you on the bolded parts. A friend of mine used to stay at Puncak Damansara few years back before he moved to his own place in Ara Damansara. Sent him back a few times I was like wow, this place is really really kampung and the roads are so narrow and to make it worse a lot of ppl are parking illegally at the side of the road

Can't imagine the traffic to come out to Sprint once all these developments are completed. As it is now, it's bad enough already for those driving to work using Sprint.
My missus thought the area felt a bit like Bandung. I agreed with her on that.

Was told there are no plans at all to expand any roads or to create any new main roads in the area, instead in the masterplan they would restrict the development to be of the low density type only.
Bjorn1688
post Apr 8 2019, 04:41 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Apr 8 2019, 02:57 PM)
With the ease of cyber age, basic info is readily available on line, no matter how "we are not ready to launch' motto.

Would u still make a beeline to sales gallery, then follow by visiting to the site???

Lets just say that you are fairly familiar w klang valley location.
As they say nothing beats going to the ground and doing your homework. A property these days will cost you upwards of RM300k, you won't spend 20 minutes of your time just to go take a look around before committing?

There is the internet yes but you rarely ever get the full story until you do a site visit and check it out for yourself.

Until you are there you will never know for sure what's the best deals to be had and what's the fine print to that "best deal"

In a developing country things do change faster than Google can update. You got to be on the ground to find out what's going on, take this project for example, they say it is 500m to a station, while it is true it isn't a 500m straight and flat path but one, that goes through a slum and some slopes. Got to consider whether your tenant or future buyer could accept that, no?

Also am quite particular on my properties direction with regards to whether it faces a junction, I don't like the balcony to face a junction either and generally I don't like the entire project to sit opposite the mouth of a junction either. The other thing when buying projects with other tall buildings in the area, got to find out what impact those buildings will pose towards sun and daylight into the rooms. All these things Google can't tell you.

Another issue, generally I find that telling the SA I would be visiting the site first usually gives me a good exit strategy without actually closing the door on them. Especially helpful when confronted by dodgy characters that become MahSing SAs for example. Then when you contact them again they will know you are a keen buyer smile.gif
Bjorn1688
post Apr 8 2019, 09:22 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(j0nn @ Apr 8 2019, 06:03 PM)
What are the alternatives at a similar price point in PJ? Walking distance to LRT but not kampung-ish surrounding.

As for traffic, again it depends where you're headed to and what you're comparing against. The jam along Jalan Masjid to get out to Sprint is typically 5-10 mins. Say you're coming out from BU (centerpoint side) or worse from the BU 11/12 side (bayu puteri, tropicana, ara damansara), it's probably similar time or much more than that to get to Sprint.
You will notice that one of the Pros I listed was the cost, therefore for it to be at that price point one will need to accept the Cons as part of the package to get to that price point.

As for alternatives, ARRA Sentral, nearer to the LRT, slightly more expensive due to being freehold and instead of kampung you get PPR/medium cost. Starts at RM377k.

Haven't checked it out myself but will be doing so in the next few days.
Bjorn1688
post Apr 9 2019, 05:01 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(honestbeev @ Apr 9 2019, 04:29 PM)
I was so happy and go search ARRA Sentral....then find out they got so many blocks.... at Ara Damansara...far la..
Far from where and what exactly?
Bjorn1688
post Apr 9 2019, 10:05 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(honestbeev @ Apr 9 2019, 09:54 PM)
far from my workplace, haha I work at uptown...
are u agent from ARRA??
No I am not an agent.

I guess if you are working at Uptown then 121 is a good choice though I wouldn't buy one of it based upon current job place.
Bjorn1688
post Apr 11 2019, 01:11 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(aboden95 @ Apr 11 2019, 11:17 AM)
Is there anyone place cheque already? RM3k
yesterday i went to showroom already, only 450sqft ...the 750sqft wont have showroom.
What do you guys think of this 121 residence?
regarding the mosque, i researched on map. its small, and there are few block of condo blocking the view of mosque from 121 too.
I placed a cheque yesterday.

There isn't anything in PJ that you could buy currently at that price.

Mosque? Doesn't really bother me.

More concerned over the narrow access roads in the area.

Most likely will take a bigger unit though.
Bjorn1688
post Apr 11 2019, 07:29 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(SquareFt @ Apr 11 2019, 04:28 PM)
Remind me, what's wrong with the view of a mosque again?  confused.gif
The noise.

I personally don't like my properties facing any house of worship, regardless if it is a church, temple or mosque. Noise, smoke, crowds and irresponsible parking comes with it.

*Any house of worship not mentioned doesn't mean it is exempted smile.gif
Bjorn1688
post Apr 16 2019, 12:08 AM

Regular
1,924 posts

After thinking this over, decided to give this one a skip.

Reasons:-

1) Rental market in this area is absolute crap.
2) No solutions to the traffic issues.
3) Noise will be an issue.
4) For this type of studios to fetch good rental you need lots of places of high value employment, lots of wealthy students or excellent convenience factors. All of these aspects are missing here.
5) Many better places to put money into.

Also judging from the success rates of all nearby Glomac projects this doesn't give me any indicators that it would be different.
Bjorn1688
post Apr 16 2019, 11:53 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(aboden95 @ Apr 16 2019, 10:06 AM)
i thought you already place the cheque?
Placing a cheque does not equal booking or any agreement to buy. It is only allocating you a queue number.

Cancel anytime without issue.

QUOTE(aboden95 @ Apr 16 2019, 10:30 AM)
The show unit is actually ready and its in glo mal..infront jaya grocer
only 450 sf showroom, the 3room wont be available...even when they launch...only 450sf showroom.
That show unit at Glo Mall isn't 121 Residence, it is Plaza Kelana Jaya.

While layout will be fairly similar 121 will have a balcony and yard.
Bjorn1688
post Apr 22 2019, 01:39 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(aboden95 @ Apr 22 2019, 11:52 AM)
do you know how long the duration for the speakering? roughly around how many minutes per pray.
as i know there are 5 time per days
2-3 minutes for the call to prayer.

Sometimes that is all you can hear however there are times that some of these places broadcast over the loudspeakers the sermon as well or the PA system within the mosque is loud enough to hear it from streets away.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0401sec    0.45    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th June 2021 - 01:44 PM