Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

About cruise job, Is that true

views

TSLonelyjay25
post Sep 20 2013, 06:02 PM, updated 11y ago

1 posts

Guys, did anyone know about Cruise job,
And this College "Lence Academy" = Green City International College....
their advisement...

HOSPITALITY IN CRUISE MANAGEMENT
1ST TIME IN MALAYSIA !!!
- Apportunity work and travel
* free travel around europe , carribbean , hawaii , florida and etc.
- potential income USD 2500
- Zero expenses
* free - food , stay , medical , insurance , uniform and etc
- 3 years saving RM300,000.00
- carrier advancement

Requirement :
~ age 18 - 33
~ able to read and write english

Is this true or scams ??

Pls Help...
dreammin
post Nov 27 2013, 12:07 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(Lonelyjay25 @ Sep 20 2013, 06:02 PM)
their advisement...

1ST TIME IN MALAYSIA !!!
- Zero expenses
- carrier advancement

Requirement :
~ age 18 - 33

Is this true or scams ??

Pls Help...
Seems like it's a scam:
http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia...mmed-by-college
siaulang
post May 18 2016, 09:22 PM

Casual
351 posts

i going for the courses is not a scam... smile.gif
darrenboy
post May 18 2016, 09:44 PM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(Lonelyjay25 @ Sep 20 2013, 06:02 PM)
their advisement...

1ST TIME IN MALAYSIA !!!
- Zero expenses
- carrier advancement

Requirement :
~ age 18 - 33

Is this true or scams ??

Pls Help...
Even though I haven't seen the advertisement by Lence Academy nor Geen City Int College, I have seen such wordings before in other advertisement by others. There is one advert that promises exchange rate 4.30 RM to USD. Ridiculous. But the Green City website sure exists, but not sure about whether they can be trusted, especially when there are bad news reports about them.

MalaysiakiniNews

Anyway, the first line - free travel to all those places - That is a big lie. Which place you travel to will depend on your ship and its destination. Second, the advertisement never tell you that you will have to work long hours and no weekends, no public holidays. And potential income USD2500? Haha...that depends on your position and experience. Zero expenses - There is no such thing as zero expenses.
3 yrs savings RM300,000? LOL - again this depends on how much you earn, your spending habits, etc.

I don't trust the advertisement TS mentioned. If you want a true cruise job, go to reliable jobsites such as newspapers, jobstreet, etc.

This post has been edited by darrenboy: May 18 2016, 09:48 PM
nexona88
post May 18 2016, 10:36 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,835 posts

ahahha better to apply thru trusted agencies or jobsites biggrin.gif
heavensea
post May 29 2016, 08:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,616 posts

3 years saving RM300,000.00 ^^
Igloo0000
post May 30 2016, 09:08 AM

Getting Started
54 posts

Being an experienced cruiser, I have been on multiple cruises, including Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Princess, Norwegian, Celebrity. Let me share with you what I know.

1. There is no such thing as free travel. You pretty much work like a dog. If you are a room attendant, for instance, your workload is probably at least twice of that working in a hotel. In my most recent cruise to Alaska, they clean my room twice a day. Whenever I pass the hallway, I can always see some cleaning carts on the way.

2. When you are not on duty, you can get off the ship. But getting off the ship would mean spending money on your own. I spoke to an Ukrainian waitress during my Mediterranean cruise who got off the ship just to connect with families, she told me the satellite internet on the ship was too expensive. Remember this, travel for work is never the same as travel for joy. If you really want to enjoy traveling, take cruise as a tourist, never as a worker. I have never come across a cruise worker who goes for on-shore excursions.

3. I am sure they offer you free food on board. But in most of my cruise experience, I would get sick of eating the same type of food in the buffet, which is why I rather going to main dining room or specialty dinner. I would wonder what type of food they provide for their workers.

4. I assume your USD 2500 is monthly income. That converts to 30 grand a year. I would say it is a good life experience for young people to see the world and to meet people from all walks. I met a young Serbian waiter during my Alaska tour and he is going back home after his contract ends. Not everyone can bear the loneliness on the ship, inside a tiny cabin, and working like a dog while keeping your smile to people.
siaulang
post Jun 25 2016, 11:07 PM

Casual
351 posts

QUOTE(Igloo0000 @ May 30 2016, 09:08 AM)
Being an experienced cruiser, I have been on multiple cruises, including Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Princess, Norwegian, Celebrity. Let me share with you what I know.

1. There is no such thing as free travel.  You pretty much work like a dog. If you are a room attendant, for instance, your workload is probably at least twice of that working in a hotel. In my most recent cruise to Alaska, they clean my room twice a day. Whenever I pass the hallway, I can always see some cleaning carts on the way.

2. When you are not on duty, you can get off the ship. But getting off the ship would mean spending money on your own. I spoke to an Ukrainian waitress during my Mediterranean cruise who got off the ship just to connect with families, she told me the satellite internet on the ship was too expensive. Remember this, travel for work is never the same as travel for joy.  If you really want to enjoy traveling, take cruise as a tourist, never as a worker. I have never come across a cruise worker who goes for on-shore excursions.

3. I am sure they offer you free food on board. But in most of my cruise experience, I would get sick of eating the same type of food in the buffet, which is why I rather going to main dining room or specialty dinner. I would wonder what type of food they provide for their workers.

4. I assume your USD 2500 is monthly income. That converts to 30 grand a year. I would say it is a good life experience for young people to see the world and to meet people from all walks. I met a young Serbian waiter during my Alaska tour and he is going back home after his contract ends. Not everyone can bear the loneliness on the ship, inside a tiny cabin, and working like a dog while keeping your smile to people.
Bro your contract or Facebook? let me had a chat with you?

I'm currently studying Hospitality in Cruise Management and I'm ready to work on board American Cruises.. laugh.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif
darrenboy
post Jun 26 2016, 11:22 PM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(siaulang @ Jun 25 2016, 11:07 PM)

I'm currently studying Hospitality in Cruise Management and I'm ready to work on board American Cruises..  laugh.gif  rclxm9.gif  rclxm9.gif  rclxm9.gif  rclxm9.gif
What do you mean by "Ready to work"? YOu already got a job there? Or, you are about to graduate and going to apply to American cruise companies? in a cruise ship, there are so many kinds of jobs. Which one are you aiming for?
shazam7
post Jun 27 2016, 01:00 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(Igloo0000 @ May 30 2016, 12:08 PM)
A lot of cruise lines owned by Carnival. Different branding.
I too have spoken to staff on a Carnival cruise. Mainly Indonesian and Pinoy.
Yes, they do earn USD2000 a month with all meals and accomm included.
BUT as @Igloo0000 has mentioned, no off days, 12 hours a day. U see the same waiters at lunch & dinner...
AND u pay for yr own health insurance.
AND u pay for yr flight to get to the ship. ie. if yr cruise starts in Miami, u make yr own way there. Same goes if u want to go back to yr hometown....
AND the team members are hired by a Panama company. Less labour protection...
Don't be fooled by the seemingly large pay...
siaulang
post Jul 2 2016, 11:30 PM

Casual
351 posts

QUOTE(shazam7 @ Jun 27 2016, 01:00 PM)
BUT as @Igloo0000 has mentioned, no off days, 12 hours a day. U see the same waiters at lunch & dinner...
AND u pay for yr flight to get to the ship. ie. if yr cruise starts in Miami, u make yr own way there. Same goes if u want to go back to yr hometown....
Yes True most of the American Cruise departed from Miami, Florida and work long hour include accommodation... but for commis III rank or lower kitchen helper or F&B serving they only pay USD900 per months or less. smile.gif
xyrotix
post Jul 3 2016, 07:41 AM

Getting Started
252 posts

up to $2500..........

You can get RM300000 saving if you save all of them without spending .
darrenboy
post Jul 3 2016, 05:32 PM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(siaulang @ Jul 2 2016, 11:30 PM)
Yes True most of the American Cruise departed from Miami, Florida and work long hour include accommodation... but for commis III rank or lower kitchen helper or F&B serving they only pay USD900 per months or less. smile.gif
Hello Siaulang (sorry, but I have to refer to you using your nickname here), But you have not answered my earlier question. You have not graduated yet, have you? Or, you are about to graduate and you have applied and got a job offer already?
Igloo0000
post Jul 4 2016, 11:11 AM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(shazam7 @ Jun 27 2016, 01:00 AM)
Yes, Carnival cruises hire quite a lot of Indonesians. I met a few during my Bahamas cruise. They also hire a lot of Eastern Europe pretty girls...you know, those from Ukraine, Poland, etc

Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Cunard, Seabourn all operate under the same group. Holland America is more suitable for old people. Cunard and Seabourn are relatively expensive. I heard a lot of good reviews about Cunard, might want to try it out in the future. Carnival is more for young people, and is more economical. Princess is one of the worst cruise line I ever take in terms of customer service.

I am not sure how much they are paid. But in addition to their salary, passengers will have to pay gratuity (usually around $12-$15) per person per day. And we usually tip extra for the room attendants and waiters if they provide good service during our trip.

Igloo0000
post Jul 4 2016, 11:13 AM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(siaulang @ Jun 25 2016, 11:07 AM)

I'm currently studying Hospitality in Cruise Management and I'm ready to work on board American Cruises..  laugh.gif  rclxm9.gif  rclxm9.gif  rclxm9.gif  rclxm9.gif
Just PM me. Might not able to response fast because I am getting busy with my job recently.
Igloo0000
post Jul 4 2016, 11:16 AM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(siaulang @ Jul 2 2016, 11:30 AM)
The port of departure really depends. In the US, we departed from Fort Lauderdale x 2, Miami x 1, NYC x 2, Seattle x 1 before.
siaulang
post Jul 9 2016, 04:07 PM

Casual
351 posts

QUOTE(darrenboy @ Jul 3 2016, 05:32 PM)
Hello Siaulang (sorry, but I have to refer to you using your nickname here), But you have not answered my earlier question. You have not graduated yet, have you? Or, you are about to graduate and you have applied and got a job offer already?
I'm about to graduate soon in September and I have to go throught the intership for 6 months in the international chain hotel.. because i'm taking Hospitality in Cruise management courses. And i work mainly in F&B & Cruise galley kitchen base chef position i'm applying in. Next year March 2017 only I go for the Interview by American Cruise company Royal Carribbean, Disney, Carnival, Norweigian, Clelebrity, Azamara, NCL and so on.. Wish me good luck! cool2.gif console.gif

This post has been edited by siaulang: Jul 9 2016, 04:08 PM
siaulang
post Jul 9 2016, 04:14 PM

Casual
351 posts

QUOTE(Igloo0000 @ Jul 4 2016, 11:16 AM)
The port of departure really depends. In the US, we departed from Fort Lauderdale x 2, Miami x 1, NYC x 2, Seattle x 1 before.
For mine yes we have to bare own flight ticket to Miami then only transit to Bahamas Cruise terminal. I choose to be in Cruise because i know my self easily addapt myself with people from different background and willing to work long hour and can stand the loneliness. biggrin.gif sometimes if lucky can get girl on-board girl are more horny than guys inside a Cruise ship. tongue.gif sources accodings to my friends i have fren working in Royal Carribbean Cruise line.

This post has been edited by siaulang: Jul 9 2016, 04:14 PM
darrenboy
post Jul 9 2016, 11:53 PM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(siaulang @ Jul 9 2016, 04:07 PM)
I'm about to graduate soon in September and I have to go throught the intership for 6 months in the international chain hotel.. because i'm taking Hospitality in Cruise management courses. And i work mainly in F&B & Cruise galley kitchen base chef position i'm applying in. Next year March 2017 only I go for the Interview by American Cruise company Royal Carribbean, Disney, Carnival, Norweigian, Clelebrity, Azamara, NCL and so on.. Wish me good luck!  cool2.gif  console.gif
I wish you good luck. With your specialized cert and your internship in hotel chain, it may be easy for you to get a job in galley. Also galley / kitchen jobs are relatively easier to get than other departments. But still, don't be over confident because you face stiff competition from ppl from all over the world. Even if you pass the interview, it is not for sure you will eventually get the job. There are other things you have to go through.

This post has been edited by darrenboy: Jul 10 2016, 12:24 AM
nightzstar
post Feb 24 2017, 04:02 PM

Col. Samantha Carter
2,690 posts

QUOTE(siaulang @ Jul 9 2016, 04:14 PM)
For mine yes we have to bare own flight ticket to Miami then only transit to Bahamas Cruise terminal. I choose to be in Cruise because i know my self easily addapt myself with people from different background and willing to work long hour and can stand the loneliness. biggrin.gif sometimes if lucky can get girl on-board girl are more horny than guys inside a Cruise ship.  tongue.gif  sources accodings to my friends i have fren working in Royal Carribbean Cruise line.
So you graduated from pusat latihan lence and got a job already?

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:06 PM