Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Owners With Raytech Or Huper Optik Tint, Is Your Car Still As Cool After 3 Years?

views

TSSportyHandling
post Sep 13 2013, 05:03 PM, updated 5y ago

Casual
419 posts

I would appreciate if car owners who have their vehicles tinted with Raytech and Huper Optik tints could advise if the cars are still as cool as it were the first time it came out from the tinting shop.

My previous V-kool tint was good in the first 2 years. After that, the heat efficiency of the tint drops and the car was getting hotter going into the 3rd year.

I would appreciate some feedback from owners who have their cars tinted with Raytech and Huper Optik, whether the heat efficiency of the tint is still good in the first few years, or the performance deteriorates quicker as expected.

Thanks.
GoldenHawk
post Sep 13 2013, 06:08 PM

The Forgotten
1,016 posts

My Raytech was not what I expected from day 1 sad.gif
Spent nearly 2K on it...
MR_alien
post Sep 13 2013, 06:10 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

did u leave your car everyday under the sun 1st?
if u do, that might be the problem
art6969
post Sep 13 2013, 06:12 PM

Regular
1,380 posts

oh my god, based on 2 posting above vkool and raytech which is cost 2k not as good as i imagine, lucky i just put home branding which is half of that price, and the result is superbbb
teikwing
post Sep 13 2013, 06:21 PM

Dah Macan?
3,239 posts

VKOOL Elite - As cool as day 1 since 2002 tho has since shown some metal discoloration.

Huper Optik C40 - As cool as day 1. Sold car after 2 years still rockin'.

Huper Optik C30 - 2 months old. Still testing. Been happy so far.
ReVolVolution
post Sep 13 2013, 07:42 PM

Casual
311 posts

Should try llumar... Very satisfied with the heat rejection. Installed 2009 and performing very well to date.

Another is 3M, installed beg 2010 and is performing very well to date too.

Trying huper optik now. Installed 2012. So can't comment yet.
TSSportyHandling
post Sep 14 2013, 07:45 AM

Casual
419 posts

QUOTE(teikwing @ Sep 13 2013, 06:21 PM)
VKOOL Elite - As cool as day 1 since 2002 tho has since shown some metal discoloration.

Huper Optik C40 - As cool as day 1. Sold car after 2 years still rockin'.

Huper Optik C30 - 2 months old. Still testing. Been happy so far.
2002 to 2013 and the Vkool Elite tinted vehicle is still cool since day 1. Impressive. It is surprising that we do not share the same experience. To clarify, the Vkool tinted vehicle, after 3 years is still cool but not as cool as since it was tinted since day 1. A *slight* loss in efficiency. My vehicle was tinted with Full V-kool package and I believe the front windscreen comes with Vkool Elite as well. Not too sure about the side and rear windscreen(didn't inquire since the package came with the vehicle). I have kept the vehicle for less than 6 years, so didn't notice any metal discoloration.

Your vehicle that was tinted with V-kool Elite, is it on the front windscreen only or on all front/sides/back? If the V-kool Elite is only on the front, what's on the sides and rear?

Any comments on which vehicle is cooler, the one which is on Vkool Elite or the one with Huper Optik C40? Or there is almost no difference between the two? Similarly, the vehicle that was on Huper Optik C40, is it on all front/sides/back?

FWIW I checked the specs of the Huper Optik C40 and V-Kool 55. The Huper Optik C40's TSER is 55% which is lower than V-Kool 55's TSER at 58%. To top if off, the VLT of the V-kool 55 at 58% is higher than the C40's VLT at 42%. In other words, the Vkool 55 is not as dark as Huper Optik C40(more JPJ-friendly) and yet provides higher solar energy/heat rejection. The spec of the V-kool 55 seems to be better than Huper Optik C40.

After looking at the specs, I may be considering the V-kool Elite/55 and Huper Optik Sech60/C40. Price-wise will be close. Just a matter of performance and durability. I believe both are smart tag friendly, though in my experience the V-kool is not auto-gate friendly, as I have to wind down my windscreen to open the front automatic gate of my house. Not too sure about the Huper Optik.

C30 is too dark for me, personally.

I would appreciate your response on the above. Thanks.

teikwing
post Sep 14 2013, 04:34 PM

Dah Macan?
3,239 posts

QUOTE(SportyHandling @ Sep 14 2013, 07:45 AM)
2002 to 2013 and the Vkool Elite tinted vehicle is still cool since day 1. Impressive. It is surprising that we do not share the same experience. To clarify, the Vkool tinted vehicle, after 3 years is still cool but not as cool as since it was tinted since day 1. A *slight* loss in efficiency. My vehicle was tinted with Full V-kool package and I believe the front windscreen comes with Vkool Elite as well. Not too sure about the side and rear windscreen(didn't inquire since the package came with the vehicle). I have kept the vehicle for less than 6 years, so didn't notice any metal discoloration.

Your vehicle that was tinted with V-kool Elite, is it on the front windscreen only or on all front/sides/back? If the V-kool Elite is only on the front, what's on the sides and rear?

Any comments on which vehicle is cooler, the one which is on Vkool Elite or the one with Huper Optik C40? Or there is almost no difference between the two? Similarly, the vehicle that was on Huper Optik C40, is it on all front/sides/back?

FWIW I checked the specs of the Huper Optik C40 and V-Kool 55. The Huper Optik C40's TSER is 55% which is lower than V-Kool 55's TSER at 58%. To top if off, the VLT of the V-kool 55 at 58% is higher than the C40's VLT at 42%. In other words, the Vkool 55 is not as dark as Huper Optik C40(more JPJ-friendly) and yet provides higher solar energy/heat rejection. The spec of the V-kool 55 seems to be better than Huper Optik C40.

After looking at the specs, I may be considering the V-kool Elite/55 and Huper Optik Sech60/C40. Price-wise will be close. Just a matter of performance and durability. I believe both are smart tag friendly, though in my experience the V-kool is not auto-gate friendly, as I have to wind down my windscreen to open the front automatic gate of my house. Not too sure about the Huper Optik.

C30 is too dark for me, personally.

I would appreciate your response on the above. Thanks.
Car is with VKOOL Elite all around.

Despite having slightly higher TSER, the problem with VKOOL is that phone GPS signal can't be detected and it's a b*tch when using SmartTag as wouldn't be able to detect. Hence, the switch to Huper Optik C40 on 2nd car. Yes, the C40 is all around as well. And no, price-wise both won't be close, HO C40 is only about RM1.5k while VKOOL will set you back at least RM2k.

The reason went for C30 for 3rd car is wanted something slightly darker. Plus, C30 has higher TSER and even better heat rejection.
kidmad
post Sep 14 2013, 04:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,370 posts

can't comment much.. mine is raytech armor 85 series or something.. security tint.. about 1 year it's as good as 1st day.
19 Degree South
post Sep 14 2013, 11:21 PM

Regular
1,480 posts

QUOTE(SportyHandling @ Sep 13 2013, 05:03 PM)
I would appreciate if car owners who have their vehicles tinted with Raytech and Huper Optik tints could advise if the cars are still as cool as it were the first time it came out from the tinting shop.

My previous V-kool tint was good in the first 2 years. After that, the heat efficiency of the tint drops and the car was getting hotter going into the 3rd year.

I would appreciate some feedback from owners who have their cars tinted with Raytech and Huper Optik, whether the heat efficiency of the tint is still good in the first few years, or the performance deteriorates quicker as expected.

Thanks.
Firstly, are u gettin the real deal? So many fake vkool in the market. My previous ride with v40 all round worked perfectly for me for 7 solid years . I am on h0 40 all round. Regretted, should have gone for the 30. It worked well but still a mile apart from vkool.
TSSportyHandling
post Sep 15 2013, 09:17 AM

Casual
419 posts

QUOTE(19 Degree South @ Sep 14 2013, 11:21 PM)
Firstly, are u gettin the real deal? So many fake vkool in the market. My previous ride with v40 all round worked perfectly for me for 7 solid years . I am on h0 40 all round. Regretted, should have gone for the 30.  It worked well but still a mile apart from vkool.
The V-kool package is included when I bought my new car 6 years ago, so it's the real deal. I never heard V-kool V40 before and it's not listed on the V-kool brochure product page. Does this tint exist, and if it does what is the spec?

Huper Optik C40 VLT at 42% is quite dark already. Although C30 is better, the risk of getting into problem with JPJ or police is even higher since at VLT30% the shade is noticeably darker. The C40 is considerably lacking if compared to V-kool? The TSER at 55% is considered quite acceptable I presume.
noblesse
post Sep 15 2013, 09:47 AM

Getting Started
65 posts

Hyper optik for the win.
Tinted for a year and still as good as day one. Recently replaced my windscreen due to crack from stone chip. Retinted the front windscreen to 3M crystalline. Regretted big time.. Heat rejection not as good as huper and totally can't use smart tag through the film..
noblesse
post Sep 15 2013, 09:48 AM

Getting Started
65 posts

Btw I was on hyper c40 and sech60 FYI.

19 Degree South
post Sep 15 2013, 10:39 AM

Regular
1,480 posts

QUOTE(SportyHandling @ Sep 15 2013, 09:17 AM)
The V-kool package is included when I bought my new car 6 years ago, so it's the real deal. I never heard V-kool V40 before and it's not listed on the V-kool brochure product page. Does this tint exist, and if it does what is the spec?

Huper Optik C40 VLT at 42% is quite dark already. Although C30 is better, the risk of getting into problem with JPJ or police is even higher since at VLT30% the shade is noticeably darker. The C40 is considerably lacking if compared to V-kool? The TSER at 55% is considered quite acceptable I presume.
Not to generalize SA, do u really believe in freebie by them? Good thing don't come free, free thing don't come good. Lots of accessory shops claimed they are selling genuine VKool, u believe ? V40 is the highest grade in car tint by vkool if I am not mistaken. It's darker and thicker than the usual tint. It cools my hot car within 10 mins and my current HO took longer time. HO c40 is not dark at all la. If your car seat is of lighter color like mine, go for C30. Jpj?..even you change to bigger rim is not legal ma. As long as at road block, your handsome face is visible to them, no issue Ler. Unless you are those ah beng type, tint till the whole car is so dark and I wonder how they drive during the nite. Lol.
TSSportyHandling
post Sep 15 2013, 10:45 AM

Casual
419 posts

QUOTE(19 Degree South @ Sep 15 2013, 10:39 AM)
Not to generalize SA, do u really believe in freebie by them?  Good thing don't come free, free thing don't come good. Lots of accessory shops claimed they are selling genuine VKool, u believe ? V40 is the highest grade in car tint by vkool if I am not mistaken. It's darker and thicker than the usual tint. It cools my hot car within 10 mins and my current HO took longer time. HO c40 is not dark at all la. If your car seat is of lighter color like mine, go for C30. Jpj?..even you change to bigger rim is not legal ma. As long as at road block, your handsome face is visible to them, no issue Ler. Unless you are those ah beng type, tint till the whole car is so dark and I wonder how they drive during the nite. Lol.
The package is not from the SA. It's the company by itself. The package was included in the company brochure and it's not a freebie. The price of RM2,200 for the V-kool full package is listed on the brochure, on top of the price of the new car.

As for whether C40 or C30 is not dark at all and won't get into problems with JPJ, to each his own. I am well aware that most lighter tints such as Sech60 will get into problems when being tested at Puspakom for the front windscreen, since the VLT is below 70%. Just wanted to be safe. Initially I intend to go for Sech60 for front windscreen and C40 for sides and rear. After thinking twice, I may be getting Sech60 for all front/side/back after all due to the higher VLT than C40.
pds_disi
post Sep 15 2013, 11:51 AM

On my way
633 posts

i m currently 1+ year with h.o. c70 front wind screen & c40 for side and rear window.

didn't face any trouble at road block, police/whoseever still can see my ugly face at night.

didn't notice any drop in heat rejection, hopefully it can stay that way for good.
stix
post Sep 15 2013, 12:50 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

Had C30 on my car and works perfectly till the day i sold it. Problem is i thought it would give me a real dark shade but the tint tends to be a lil too light during the day.
19 Degree South
post Sep 15 2013, 02:00 PM

Regular
1,480 posts

QUOTE(stix @ Sep 15 2013, 12:50 PM)
Had C30 on my car and works perfectly till the day i sold it. Problem is i thought it would give me a real dark shade but the tint tends to be a lil too light during the day.
Couldn't agree more. It's just the dark shade. I have been through numerous road block and not even a single summon for my previous v40 all round. Sometimes , this kind of risk is worth taking. laugh.gif
diablokun
post Sep 15 2013, 03:23 PM

7th toruk makto
1,078 posts

QUOTE(GoldenHawk @ Sep 13 2013, 06:08 PM)
My Raytech was not what I expected from day 1 sad.gif
Spent nearly 2K on it...

same... cry.gif
tiensong
post Sep 15 2013, 06:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,237 posts

When choose tint, please prefer those product from US, not those from korea/japan.....Those korea/japan tint's heat efficiency will drop yearly...

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0183sec    0.22    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:54 AM