Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Appeal letter to LHDN, e-filling late submission

views

TSlittlebeettle
post Sep 13 2013, 11:52 AM, updated 11y ago

Regular
1,099 posts

Hi Guys,

Anyone experience in writing letter of appeal to Revenue Inland Board?

I was charged 15% of late submission on e-filling for FY2012.

The 15% is compute based on my yearly income which comes to a high amount.

Went to their office and got a usual reply...please write letter to appeal

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
FauxHawk
post Sep 13 2013, 01:15 PM

<3
1,338 posts

You could approach a tax firm for advice. They have a basic template for it. But isnt now a bit late to send an appeal letter?
acbc
post Sep 13 2013, 01:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,476 posts

A bit late... anyway, an appeal won't help much. I also kena last year but agent helped me settle it. Better u appoint a tax agent to settle all your taxes.
cfa28
post Sep 13 2013, 01:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,742 posts

No need to go to Tax Agent lah.

Just write a simple Letter that

Saya ingin merayu kepada LHDN untuk menurunkan Denda terhadap saya keana Lewat dalam menfaillkan Cukai Pendapatan untuk Tahun Tafsiran 2012 sebab:

Give damn good reasons like u were overseas - give Passport as proof

Father / Mother sick and overlooked - give medical bills as proof

I was once fined for Not Paying my Tax. IRB agreed to waive the penalty and sumemore allowed me to pay my back log in instalments.

PS - Hint, please write in Malay

If English - they will just throw away.

This post has been edited by cfa28: Sep 13 2013, 01:33 PM
WaCKy-Angel
post Sep 13 2013, 01:30 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

QUOTE(littlebeettle @ Sep 13 2013, 11:52 AM)
Hi Guys,

Anyone experience in writing letter of appeal to Revenue Inland Board?

I was charged 15% of late submission on e-filling for FY2012.

The 15% is compute based on my yearly income which comes to a high amount.

Went to their office and got a usual reply...please write letter to appeal

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
kecian u thought can avoid tax is it?
TSlittlebeettle
post Sep 13 2013, 01:33 PM

Regular
1,099 posts

Okay,

Thanks guys!
[[]]
post Sep 13 2013, 07:29 PM

35 posts

Personal or Business tax?
TSlittlebeettle
post Sep 14 2013, 11:43 AM

Regular
1,099 posts

QUOTE(,Sep 13 2013, 07:29 PM)
Personal or Business tax?
Personal
tupai30
post Sep 16 2013, 09:29 AM

0 posts

I also got a fine for failing to file returns for 2012 which is quite substantial. I plan to appeal, but what are the chances of success if I appeal and would it be advantageous to get a Tax Agent to assist? How much would the Tax Agent's fee cost?
TSlittlebeettle
post Sep 20 2013, 05:14 PM

Regular
1,099 posts

QUOTE(tupai30 @ Sep 16 2013, 09:29 AM)
I also got a fine for failing to file returns for 2012 which is quite substantial. I plan to appeal, but what are the chances of success if  I appeal and would it be advantageous to get a Tax Agent to assist? How much would the Tax Agent's fee cost?
You should appeal IMO.

Like myself, I will still try...at least I done my part and would likely have 50% chance of success.

You may try ask around of any friends who can advice you on the content to write.

Might not necessary engage a tax agent.
WhyNotYouTeachMe
post Sep 21 2013, 12:40 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

well to be honest, if u're late that is YOUR problem which YOU have to settle yourself.
if u were to beg then if u got to a wrong person, he will spit you in the face and expect u to keep on putting up a smile and say sorry. met a police that way before i was like "x la, saman nk mintak discount skit je, mm blh x?" then he's "mm, mm, mm, mm, ape mm" then i got pissed and just walk away, pay full amount. cant take that shit thought of complaining but, screw it.
well, back to your case, sure i think they would give u a chance if u use the correct words.
yonne
post Sep 22 2013, 12:05 AM

18 posts

Last time my boss was fined RM1,000, for late submission... maybe after appeal I guess...
happyshirt
post Mar 28 2017, 03:27 PM

Casual
409 posts

errr OK i need to write a rayuan i made mistake in my efiling. Can i write in english and who do i adderess it to? Pengarah LHDN kah?

joe_star
post Mar 28 2017, 05:13 PM

Serving the Servants
1,807 posts

QUOTE(happyshirt @ Mar 28 2017, 03:27 PM)
errr OK i need to write a rayuan i made mistake in my efiling. Can i write in english and who do i adderess it to? Pengarah LHDN kah?
I went thru this process for 2015 tax

a) Adresss an appeal letter to pengarah lhdn of your tax branch. In it state your reasons for late submission. Request to appeal the penalty. As mentioned before write in Malay
b) Collect all your receipts that you claimed relief & EA form for that year (better bring along your whole folder) & go to your tax branch, & request the appeal. Dont waste time going to other branch as they will likely redirect you to your home branch
c) Make sure you bring all the receipts, as it is automatically audited. If you lost receipt then you will be fined separately for that
d) Include any supporting documents for why you were late. (In my case overseas on work assignment, I provided my passport copy & they requested additionally the letter of invitation for me working overseas)

If this is your first offence, chances are they will waive the fine, barring any other issues, which will be treated separately

This post has been edited by joe_star: Mar 28 2017, 05:16 PM
joe_star
post Mar 28 2017, 05:19 PM

Serving the Servants
1,807 posts

QUOTE(WhyNotYouTeachMe @ Sep 21 2013, 12:40 AM)
well to be honest, if u're late that is YOUR problem which YOU have to settle yourself.
if u were to beg then if u got to a wrong person, he will spit you in the face and expect u to keep on putting up a smile and say sorry. met a police that way before i was like "x la, saman nk mintak discount skit je, mm blh x?" then he's "mm, mm, mm, mm, ape mm" then i got pissed and just walk away, pay full amount. cant take that shit thought of complaining but, screw it.
well, back to your case, sure i think they would give u a chance if u use the correct words.
Follow your own username lah, ppl ask to teach how to do smtg give them advice lah, otherwise dont reply smile.gif
joe_star
post Mar 28 2017, 05:48 PM

Serving the Servants
1,807 posts

QUOTE(DatukD @ Mar 28 2017, 05:31 PM)
No point appealing. Just ask them for monthly installments.

I kena the same as you. I had monthly tax deductions from salary (PCB) but my file is not that updated. When i purchased a house (which resulted in me getting a loan), and when the load was approved, two days IRB sent me a letter stating that my file is not updated.

When i went over to the office, i was forced to fill in manually from 2002. Too lazy to fill in, they sent in another letter with their assumptions/calculations.  I had to pay a substantial amount of money through monthly deductions from company. YES IRC can do that and you cant stop them or your company from deducting.

Foot note :

When i was at their office, an old uncle was furious that his savings in KWSP was frozen due to his account was not updated. He was an army and to get his KWSP money he needs to settle all the arrears he has with IRB.

So go figure.
Yes, no tax no epf. Even if you get lay off, you need a clear tax profile to get your compensation

AND YOU CAN SUCCESSFULLY APPEAL, if your willing to spend time & effort.

They dont simply say that 2 things u cant eacape are death & taxes

This post has been edited by joe_star: Mar 28 2017, 05:50 PM
happyshirt
post Mar 28 2017, 08:08 PM

Casual
409 posts

QUOTE(joe_star @ Mar 28 2017, 05:13 PM)
I went thru this process for 2015 tax

a) Adresss an appeal letter to pengarah lhdn of your tax branch. In it state your reasons for late submission. Request to appeal the penalty. As mentioned before write in Malay
b) Collect all your receipts that you claimed relief & EA form for that year (better bring along your whole folder) & go to your tax branch, & request the appeal. Dont waste time going to other branch as they will likely redirect you to your home branch
c) Make sure you bring all the receipts, as it is automatically audited. If you lost receipt then you will be fined separately for that
d) Include any supporting documents for why you were late. (In my case overseas on work assignment, I provided my passport copy & they requested additionally the letter of invitation for me working overseas)

If this is your first offence, chances are they will waive the fine, barring any other issues, which will be treated separately
Thank you very much.

I'm not late, I made mistake in filing. claimed relief for education but found out the course is not eligible.

Uh Uh write in malay hahahah. I will be crackinghead tonight d.

Thanks again.

joe_star
post Mar 28 2017, 08:50 PM

Serving the Servants
1,807 posts

QUOTE(happyshirt @ Mar 28 2017, 08:08 PM)
Thank you very much.

I'm not late, I made mistake in filing. claimed relief for education but found out the course is not eligible.

Uh Uh write in malay hahahah. I will be crackinghead tonight d.

Thanks again.
Oh sorry, did not realize you are not TS. I believe the procedure is the same. Give it a shot. So far from my experience with lhdn has been ok. End of the day they are just doing their job, and are quite helpful if you are also likewise in your approach smile.gif

This post has been edited by joe_star: Mar 28 2017, 08:52 PM
gogocan
post Mar 29 2017, 12:13 AM

Casual
450 posts

Once u appeal there a high possibilty they will audit your past year submissions too.
lifeofkuli
post Mar 29 2017, 01:56 AM

Getting Started
97 posts

QUOTE(cfa28 @ Sep 13 2013, 01:27 PM)
No need to go to Tax Agent lah.

Just write a simple Letter that

Saya ingin merayu kepada LHDN untuk menurunkan Denda terhadap saya keana Lewat dalam menfaillkan Cukai Pendapatan untuk Tahun Tafsiran 2012 sebab:
Give damn good reasons like u were overseas - give Passport as proof

Father / Mother sick and overlooked - give medical bills as proof

I was once fined for Not Paying my Tax.  IRB agreed to waive the penalty and sumemore allowed me to pay my back log in instalments.

PS - Hint, please write in Malay

If English - they will just throw away.
This.... should learn how to negotiate with officer, unless ts doing something illegal require tax agent "help"

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0181sec    0.33    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:48 PM