Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Dispute with Penang conman Goodsarmor@Tan See Wei, Walkman NW-W270

kakulukia
post Sep 5 2013, 05:03 PM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
187 posts

Forumer you are complaining against: GoodsArmor @ Tan See Wei, HP:0174727675, CIMB account:07290040801526

Item being bought: 2 units of Sony Walkman NW-273

Original thread link: https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2890274

Date of transaction: 31 August 2013 and date receipt of items on 4th September 2013

Details of the complaint : items did not come in original package as claimed. He has now changed his details to

"Item(s) conditions: New: A brand-new, unused, undamaged item in non original packaging " after my complaint.

One was a 4GB model and to my horror 8GB. The problem is Sony does not manufacture an 8 GB model. Accesories were loosely packed and not complete with extra earbuds and adjustment band. Sound quality to me is poor but that is very subjective so let's forget about that. Another important factor is no serial number?? When I queried him, he says "because not from Sony dealer". I didn't know all Sony dealers now have to stamp their own serial number on Sony products including the bar code.

Anyway, seller knew he was in the wrong and bravely offered to refund on his thread. When I ask for a forwarding address, he did not reply despite several times texting him. It then became obvious to me that he is not going to honor his word. Hence, I am leaving this dispute here so that others don't get conned by this low life!!

Incidently, today (5-9-13) I went to Sony Centre to check and I was right. It's a fake and needless to say the original is better made(slightly only) but the sound quality is sooo much better and of course complete with all the accesories. They have also asked me to provide the compete details of where I purchase, so that they can investigate. Not sure if anything wil come out of this as there are so many fake stuff flying around in this country, there is just no way to stop it.

For those of you who stay in Penang, please avoid his address which I kept from the pos laju chit

F1-02 Carefour Shopping Centre, Jalan Kelisa Emas, 13700 Seberang Jaya, Pulau Pinang.

I wanted him to confirm the forwarding address but till now no reply, so I guess i am stuck with this 2 lemon I bought. vmad.gif mad.gif

Anyone needs more evidence,please pm me.

This post has been edited by kakulukia: Sep 12 2013, 05:15 PM
SUSvmammoth
post Sep 5 2013, 05:13 PM

Getting Started
265 posts

QUOTE(kakulukia @ Sep 5 2013, 05:03 PM)
Forumer you are complaining against: GoodsArmor @ Tan See Wei, CIMB account:07290040801526

Item being bought: 2 units of Sony Walkman NW-273

Original thread link: https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2890274

Date of transaction: 31 August 2013 and date receipt of items on 4th September 2013

Details of the complaint :  items did not come in original package as claimed. He has now changed his details to "Item(s) conditions: New: A brand-new, unused, undamaged item in non original packaging " after my complaint. One was a 4GB model and to my horror 8GB. The problem is Sony does not manufacture an 8 GB model. Accesories were loosely packed and not complete with extra earbuds and adjustment band. Sound quality to me is poor but that is very subjective so let's forget about that. Another important factor is no serial number?? When I queried him, he says because not from Sony dealer. I don't know all Sony dealers now have to stamp their own serial number on Sony products including the bar code.

Anyway, seller knew he was in the wrong and bravely offered to refund on his thread. When I ask for a forwarding address, he did not reply despite several times texting him. It then became obvious to me that he is not going to honor his word. Hence, I am leaving this dispute here so that others don't get conned by this low life!!

Incidently, today (5-9-13) I went to Sony Centre to check and I was right. It's a fake and needless to say the original is better made(slightly) but the sound quality is so much better and of course complete with all the accesories. They have also asked me to provide the compete details of where I purchase, so that they can investigate. Not sure if anything wil come out of this as there are so many fake stuff flying around in this country.

For those of you who stay in Penang, please avoid his address which I kept from the pos laju chit

F1-02 Carefour Shopping Centre, Jalan Kelisa Emas, 13700 Seberang Jaya, Pulau Pinang.

I wanted him to confirm the forwarding address but till now no reply, so I guess i am stuck with this 2 lemon I bought. vmad.gif  mad.gif

Anyone needs more evidence,please pm me.
I found this

MS MOBILECOM MARKETING,001757700-K,012-4100171/012-588843,Ms Lee / Jack,leehooileng@hotmail.com,F1-02 Carrefour Shopping Mall,2929 Jln Kelisa Emas 1,"13700 Prai, Pulau Pinang

kakulukia
post Sep 5 2013, 05:25 PM

Getting Started
187 posts

QUOTE(vmammoth @ Sep 5 2013, 05:13 PM)
I found this

MS MOBILECOM MARKETING,001757700-K,012-4100171/012-588843,Ms Lee / Jack,leehooileng@hotmail.com,F1-02 Carrefour Shopping Mall,2929 Jln Kelisa Emas 1,"13700 Prai, Pulau Pinang
Wow! You work for the CIA or something, but honestly, I have no way to verify if they are the guilty party. The name on the pos laju chit is " Eric Yeoh" but the person I dealt with was Tan See Wei, so I really don't know who is really who. But thanks for the heads up. rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by kakulukia: Sep 5 2013, 05:26 PM
Go_up
post Sep 5 2013, 06:49 PM

Hallucinogen
917 posts

QUOTE(kakulukia @ Sep 5 2013, 05:25 PM)
Wow! You work for the CIA or something, but honestly, I have no way to verify if they are the guilty party. The name on the pos laju chit is " Eric Yeoh" but the person I dealt with was Tan See Wei, so I really don't know who is really who. But thanks for the heads up. rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif
use twitter, instagram, fb, youtube to share out the problem seriously.
those ppl really need some punches at face.
kakulukia
post Sep 5 2013, 07:14 PM

Getting Started
187 posts

QUOTE(Go_up @ Sep 5 2013, 06:49 PM)
use twitter, instagram, fb, youtube to share out the problem seriously.
those ppl really need some punches at face.
yup, i would if i have a chance to meet these scum. Coveniently, his thread is now closed. Did the mods do that or did the trader suddenly become so shy? This is my first time being duped after so many purchases from Lowyat. Always felt the majority of sellers here were genuine but I guess there is a first for everything. doh.gif

kelvin_hata
post Sep 12 2013, 09:24 PM

V.S.O.P
2,696 posts

wah... his working place very closed to my house lo... hahaha...
lowyat101
post Sep 12 2013, 11:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,320 posts

Just for sharing, a picture of the label on a unit bought from Sony Centre:

Attached Image

Also for comparison, there are also OEMs from China with 2, 4, and 8GB: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r....nitiative_new=1

lowyat101
post Sep 12 2013, 11:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,320 posts

Another reason why it's without serial number, it could be the unit is an engineering sample and not for retail, but still genuine.

kakulukia
post Sep 13 2013, 07:59 AM

Getting Started
187 posts

QUOTE(lowyat101 @ Sep 12 2013, 11:31 PM)
Just for sharing, a picture of the label on a unit bought from Sony Centre:

Attached Image
Also for comparison, there are also OEMs from China with 2, 4, and 8GB: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r....nitiative_new=1
I think i got the China one. Sony definately do not produce an 8GB model, so that rules out an engineering sample. Besides, the sound quality was poor compared to the ori Sony one.
lowyat101
post Sep 13 2013, 02:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,320 posts

Ya, initially also I planned to buy from the sellers in the forum but after comparing the accessories and warranty, decided to get from Sony Centre at RM269 with a free casing smile.gif

But sometimes seller also will be conned by their supplier, especially those from Taobao as they will claim that it's excess stock, OEM, order cancelled, etc. And since the seller promised to refund, maybe just give him some time to do the refund.

This post has been edited by lowyat101: Sep 13 2013, 02:34 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:33 PM