Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

SeGi College, What Your Opinion?

views

wolverine_ronaldo
post May 30 2006, 11:19 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(feynman @ May 29 2006, 05:39 PM)
Name me another acamdeic institution which does that.
This is unprofessional. You're an academic institution not some funfair, beauty parlour, or a company which sells massage chairs. It would be understandable if both Daniel and Jac are alumni of the colleges. But they are not.

You don't see other universities going around using fame from celebs to promote itself, do you?
Hi! logan here, a marketing student from help university college. actually i think wat segi did is quite smart lor. The fact that u don't c other universities or colleges doing that only means that this segi college is the first to come up with this idea. if you follow what everyone is doing, who will notice lah??? don;t u agree, feynman? marketing must be open minded lah...u think all the stars u c on the tv advertisements...they really use the product before this mer??
wolverine_ronaldo
post May 30 2006, 12:20 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(Teong @ May 30 2006, 11:58 AM)
Ya..there is this model of the kota damansara campus at the lobby. Said it is 10 acres wor...don't think bigger than Nilai but it looks pretty besar.
Swimming pool, hostel, tennis courts, everything wor..

Ask some student service ppl and they said it ready by end 2006 and moving in early 2007.

It open next to Kdu smart school. Few weeks back when I going to ikea pass by the construction place and it was HUGE. Think 3rd or 4th flr built oredi.

Anyway this segi got money wan...
The way i c it...they r really rich lorr. Built such a big building at USJ1...now building a white house in kota damansara. they way they advertise also makan a lot of money. i heard that education is only a small business of segi...their main business is property. anybody knows??
wolverine_ronaldo
post May 31 2006, 05:57 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(feynman @ May 31 2006, 03:05 PM)
You fail to understand a point. It's a not an issue if it is to market massage chairs or slimming products. We are talking about education. Education is not some cheap thing to degrade, it has dignity.

Look at PROPER INSTITUTIONS, do you see top notch schools that advertises like that? Do you see Cambridge doing such things? Do you see NUS doing such things?

It's an academic institution for heaven's sake, not some cheap lowlife circus with boogie woogie.
my dear feynman, these are ambassadors. they are being paid or sponsored to be associated with products. Just like when Malaysia hired Miss India to be the ambassador for the Sepang F1 Race 2 years ago. the college i study in, HELP...they pay and sponsor national badminton players like wong choon hann to study there. if i'm not mistaken, rowan atkinson (mr. bean) is occassionally used by cambridge or oxford as their ambassador. why can't segi offer the malaysian idols to study here and promote the college?? i don't c it as degrading the college, just increasing the awareness to the ppl out there. is any1 getting hurt?

the reason why u don't c other college doing this is simply because they can't afford it...segi college is like chelsea fc, and i don't mind going over there for a job after i graduate ;�

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0168sec    0.18    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:21 AM