Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

SeGi College, What Your Opinion?

views

amyau
post Jul 12 2006, 03:59 PM

5 posts

anybody graduate from the couse BA (Hons) Business Administration by University of Bolton, UK ? I wonder why SEGI only promote BBA from University of Abertay Dundee, UK & University of Southern
Queensland, Australia. From wedsite, I cant find any info for BBA from University of Bolton, UK.
amyau
post Jul 14 2006, 10:51 AM

5 posts

Thank you for your reply. Where to get more info that Bolton is lower ranked than Abertay Dundee ? SEGi PJ offered this programme - BA (Hons) Business Administration from Bolton,UK. I went for the preview few days ago, the programme manager explained that this is a top up degree, more for working adult. They only hv weekend classes which they called it support class. You are right to say this is a distance learning programme.

QUOTE(Teong @ Jul 14 2006, 10:06 AM)
SEGI is quite funny when it comes to promoting the degree. The Abertay Dundee programme only available in KL and PJ campus but the Southern Queensland U programme from Australia is at Subang Jaya.

Heard many students in Subang Jaya want to do Abertay Dundee especially in accountancy and finance got no chance. Southern Queensland Uni only offers business, marketing and human resource.

Management ask them to do Bolton, which is UK uni but lower ranked than Abertay Dundee.

The reason Bolton not available at SEGI website is I think they don't have twinning arrangement with the college for business, only computing. It's offered as distance learning programme only.
amyau
post Jul 25 2006, 03:21 PM

5 posts

Thank you so much.... thumbup.gif

QUOTE(Teong @ Jul 14 2006, 11:23 AM)
Can't remember the exact URL. But if you google "Times Universities Guides" or "Guardian Universities Guide", it'lll lead you there. The list is available online. Think you may have to subscribe if you want further information such as which universities is strong in whch disciplines?

Good luck!
amyau
post Jul 27 2006, 09:32 AM

5 posts

I'm a working adult. When I call SEGi to ask, they told me the offer is open student after STPM but then the ads did published "Recommended for those who are unhappy with UPU results & also working adults". I would say it just a gimmick only.

QUOTE(genie @ Jul 20 2006, 12:05 AM)
i think this is a gimmick. u pay 500 first. then they will ask u to get the loan and pay monthly back to the bank. how can a programme offer so cheap?
amyau
post Jul 27 2006, 10:09 AM

5 posts

Does this happened to all courses offered in SEGi ? SEGi increase their course fee every intake even in the same year. Eg: Jan'06 & Jul'06 intake the course fee is different. SEGi increase price in Jul'06. The next intake Jan'07, SEGi may increase it course fee again. I'm interested to know why SEGi increase course fee for every intake.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0202sec    0.32    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:11 PM