Getting Started
129 posts

Does SeGi College Good?
Any Bad Remarks?
alextan99
post May 29 2006, 04:12 AM

Wassup
2,645 posts

Have not heard anything really bad about the college but at the same time no good things heard about the college, just my 2 cents
hihihehe
post May 29 2006, 09:23 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,451 posts

i heard tht lecturer not really care about student.i heard only
quintessential
post May 29 2006, 09:25 AM

ilha formosa
2,919 posts

will it ended up like informatics. popular during first year, after that....poooosh....
Teong
post May 29 2006, 01:41 PM

Casual
479 posts

Quality different from campus. the Subang Jaya campus is quite good. facilities like library, computer and labs r good...of course la...new what. they say got sports facilities like 3K but with pack timetable where got time and it's quite far and troublesome to get there. so, can't feedback.
Lecturers is the same all over but subang batch of lecturers are pretty good like the ones from engineering faculty. dunno about other faculties.
Just in few weeks oni and looks like the college is trying their best to make students feel welcome.
Quite a number of Inti students switch over and say that segi better wor... bad remark is the cafeteria and food inside stinks exept the deli outside but that wan expensive.
the new building also quite badly built at some place got water leaking and heard a toilet tank nearly drop on a student...aiyo.
maybe i too criticise but overall quite good. heard from seniors that management much improve and very professional now. what i see is ok but quite a lot of rules here.....cannot do this and that and do this and that. that's all!
jdreamer
post May 29 2006, 01:46 PM

Screw ITP!
11,092 posts

I dont think that it will be like Informatics. At least they've just gone through a rebranding. Before that they were Systematic, Prime, IBMS etc but after rebranding, I think its better for now.
Suk
post May 29 2006, 02:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,330 posts

spend so much of $ on TV adversitment
Taylors ; Subang also didn't do that
WaCKy-Angel
post May 29 2006, 02:20 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

Rebranding means what?
Management change?
jdreamer
post May 29 2006, 02:20 PM

Screw ITP!
11,092 posts

As they like lah, I dont see any problem with advertisements. Its their money afterall.
jdreamer
post May 29 2006, 02:21 PM

Screw ITP!
11,092 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ May 29 2006, 02:20 PM)
Rebranding means what?
Management change?
Some sort of management changes, name changed, and I think their share holders changed as well. Aint sure about that too, maybe someone who is more expect in this could clarify on it more. sweat.gif

Anyway, read this.

This post has been edited by jdreamer: May 29 2006, 02:25 PM
feynman
post May 29 2006, 02:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
4,774 posts

What type of academic institution uses winners of singing competitions as promoters?
WaCKy-Angel
post May 29 2006, 02:37 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

QUOTE(feynman @ May 29 2006, 02:31 PM)
What type of academic institution uses winners of singing competitions as promoters?
Doesnt everybody does that?
eXPeri3nc3
post May 29 2006, 02:41 PM

It's coming! 3ɔu3ıɹǝdxǝ ♥
9,257 posts

QUOTE(feynman @ May 29 2006, 03:31 PM)
Hmm... You got a point here.

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ May 29 2006, 03:37 PM)
Well, I haven't see other colleges, uni's do this... laugh.gif

But since SeGi is co-operating with 8TV for the education fund and SeGi can afford the cost of advert and such, I do think that SeGi might not collapse that fast, and AFAIK, the teaching there is not bad for Business Management, others dunno la... notworthy.gif
jdreamer
post May 29 2006, 02:42 PM

Screw ITP!
11,092 posts

Nvm, edited to avoid problems.

This post has been edited by jdreamer: May 29 2006, 02:46 PM
Teong
post May 29 2006, 02:49 PM

Casual
479 posts

QUOTE(jdreamer @ May 29 2006, 02:42 PM)
Ur like.. against SEGi all the times. Like, as in u know everything about the college. Yea, they did use Daniel and Jac as their promoters, but whats wrong about that ? Its just a marketing way to promote the college, to let more people know about their college.

Everyone has their own opinions. I have nothing against this college, as I've not personally heard anything bad about it yet.
Yeah, the ad did catch some attention. Got some friends forward me this thread in this blogspot sometime back debating about idols which want to share with all of you here:

http://educationmalaysia.blogspot.com/2006...sian-idols.html

Got pros and cons. But honestly...the college is pretty good so far but a lot to improve. doesn't everyone?
feynman
post May 29 2006, 05:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
4,774 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ May 29 2006, 02:37 PM)
Name me another acamdeic institution which does that.

Ur like.. against SEGi all the times. Like, as in u know everything about the college. Yea, they did use Daniel and Jac as their promoters, but whats wrong about that ? Its just a marketing way to promote the college, to let more people know about their college.

Everyone has their own opinions. I have nothing against this college, as I've not personally heard anything bad about it yet.

This is unprofessional. You're an academic institution not some funfair, beauty parlour, or a company which sells massage chairs. It would be understandable if both Daniel and Jac are alumni of the colleges. But they are not.

You don't see other universities going around using fame from celebs to promote itself, do you?

This post has been edited by feynman: May 29 2006, 05:58 PM
yhtan
post May 29 2006, 05:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

i heard my friend who studying in segi college in USJ,
he claimed that in future there is a big campus in damansara which it is constructing now,he said the campus might bigger than nilai inti.
anyone can clarify this?
Teong
post May 29 2006, 05:52 PM

Casual
479 posts

QUOTE(feynman @ May 29 2006, 05:39 PM)
This is unprofessional. You're an academic institution not some funfair, beauty parlour, or a company which sells message chairs. It would be understandable if both Daniel and Jac are alumni of the colleges. But they are not.

You don't see other universities going around using fame from celebs to promote itself, do you?
Believe our brother already withdrawn his post. Don't have to be so emotional....let the fire subside to deliberate in the coolness of light.If we always give a poor interpretation of what someone is trying to say, we may stand accused of missing the point.

Marketing is not about following what other college/ uni have done. But being different must also make sense.

Don't wanna debate much about the ads as my post before already dealt with that. The ads are subjective. I don't think the ads are that great and am not a fan of the idols. but the ads was effective and caught ppl's attention. Many students study there now.

Can someone please feedback on the quality of the college, lecturers, facilities, programmes, recognition, quality of graduates, etc.........this was the point raised by the thread starter.

Cheers!!!
feynman
post May 29 2006, 06:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
4,774 posts

QUOTE(Teong @ May 29 2006, 05:52 PM)
Believe our brother already withdrawn his post. Don't have to be so emotional....let the fire subside to deliberate in the coolness of light.If we always give a poor interpretation of what someone is trying to say, we may stand accused of missing the point.

Marketing is not about following what other college/ uni have done. But being different must also make sense.

Don't wanna debate much about the ads as my post before already dealt with that. The ads are subjective. I don't think the ads are that great and am not a fan of the idols. but the ads was effective and caught ppl's attention. Many students study there now.

Can someone please feedback on the quality of the college, lecturers, facilities, programmes, recognition, quality of graduates, etc.........this was the point raised by the thread starter.

Cheers!!!
There's something call, code of conduct.

The bottomline is simple, if one wants to use a personality to promote a product, that person must have had some dealings with one. Sadly, that don't seem to be the case.

It is an insult to academia for an ACADEMIC institution to do such things. The reputation and fame of an academic institution is gained through standards and quality of the graduates and the courses. It onlymeans one thing for an institution to stoop so low; they are desperately in need of funds and they will do anything even though it's unethical. There are no guarantees that the institution will not exploit the students either.

Loser_rulez
post May 30 2006, 10:35 AM

25 posts

QUOTE(hihihehe @ May 29 2006, 09:23 AM)
i heard tht lecturer not really care about student.i heard only
THIS IS SO NOT TRUE!!!!
I was a ex-student from Prime(SEGi Subang Jaya), I would say the lecturers there are very dedicated, friendly and willing to help.

I used to make appointment with my lecturers whenever I faced any problems in preparing my assignments. They also offered us extra revision classes before our exams. I couldn't imagine how I can passed all my assignments/exams without their help, I was doing external papers(Australia) at that time.

QUOTE(Suk @ May 29 2006, 02:18 PM)
Ahaha......they got the attention that they wanted isnt it? tongue.gif
I think they're quite adventurous rclxms.gif

QUOTE(feynman @ May 29 2006, 02:31 PM)
SEGi tongue.gif
Aside from being an Academic Institution, SEGi is also a listed company(profit organization).
wolverine_ronaldo
post May 30 2006, 11:19 AM

4 posts

This is unprofessional. You're an academic institution not some funfair, beauty parlour, or a company which sells massage chairs. It would be understandable if both Daniel and Jac are alumni of the colleges. But they are not.

Hi! logan here, a marketing student from help university college. actually i think wat segi did is quite smart lor. The fact that u don't c other universities or colleges doing that only means that this segi college is the first to come up with this idea. if you follow what everyone is doing, who will notice lah??? don;t u agree, feynman? marketing must be open minded lah...u think all the stars u c on the tv advertisements...they really use the product before this mer??
Teong
post May 30 2006, 11:52 AM

Casual
479 posts

We should refrain from personal attacks here. Think we've heard enough about the idols and segi's marketing. There are pros and cons and we can debate till the cows come home. Marketing is judged from its effectiveness..whether it is able to draw in returns from its investment/ expenditure.

Heard that segi college marketing quite smart and didn't actually pay cash because they got into various deals with their partners....heard onli.

Any feedback on its lecturers, programmes, recognition, facilities, student life, students, achievements, etc?

Teong
post May 30 2006, 11:58 AM

Casual
479 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ May 29 2006, 05:50 PM)
he claimed that in future there is a big campus in damansara which it is constructing now,he said the campus might bigger than nilai inti.
anyone can clarify this?

Ya..there is this model of the kota damansara campus at the lobby. Said it is 10 acres wor...don't think bigger than Nilai but it looks pretty besar.
Swimming pool, hostel, tennis courts, everything wor..

Ask some student service ppl and they said it ready by end 2006 and moving in early 2007.

It open next to Kdu smart school. Few weeks back when I going to ikea pass by the construction place and it was HUGE. Think 3rd or 4th flr built oredi.

Anyway this segi got money wan...
wolverine_ronaldo
post May 30 2006, 12:20 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(Teong @ May 30 2006, 11:58 AM)
Ya..there is this model of the kota damansara campus at the lobby. Said it is 10 acres wor...don't think bigger than Nilai but it looks pretty besar.
Swimming pool, hostel, tennis courts, everything wor..

Ask some student service ppl and they said it ready by end 2006 and moving in early 2007.

It open next to Kdu smart school. Few weeks back when I going to ikea pass by the construction place and it was HUGE. Think 3rd or 4th flr built oredi.

Anyway this segi got money wan...
The way i c it...they r really rich lorr. Built such a big building at USJ1...now building a white house in kota damansara. they way they advertise also makan a lot of money. i heard that education is only a small business of segi...their main business is property. anybody knows??
Teong
post May 30 2006, 12:33 PM

Casual
479 posts

QUOTE(wolverine_ronaldo @ May 30 2006, 12:20 PM)
The way i c it...they r really rich lorr. Built such a big building at USJ1...now building a white house in kota damansara. they way they advertise also makan a lot of money. i heard that education is only a small business of segi...their main business is property. anybody knows??
hopefully white house...not white elephant! haha..
SUSSeLrAhC
post May 30 2006, 12:39 PM

★★★7Star★General★★★
5,227 posts

ermm... i think they r good for professionals only.. but not for academic programs...

dun recommend d place though
small_bowllau
post May 30 2006, 01:33 PM

21 posts

SEGi College ah? I think they are very de kaya people cuz building so big,like hotel somemore. i went there that time on the open day for fun to see daniel, and surprisingly, i can took his photo by using my handset camera. That day a guy bring me for a look at evry floor at the coll, i see the 6th floor and 7th floor very de nice oh cuz they put the students homework at the gallery. I dunno what i have to do la, i haven't sign up for any course yet after my SPM now... everyday measure walls at home... sigh.. i think maybe i may join segi for industrial design, aiyaaa... headache la, anybody got any idea to gimme,should i take or not at that coll??

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
campusinc
post May 30 2006, 01:46 PM

26 posts

hmmmm.......
segi college a....
anyone grads from SeGi?
Loser_rulez
post May 30 2006, 02:36 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(campusinc @ May 30 2006, 01:46 PM)
hmmmm.......
segi college a....
anyone grads from SeGi?
SEGi has no grads yet!!!!
Only exist for 5 months how to grads???
Me kinda from Prime.....with SEGi for a month then grad adi
ghee_keong83
post May 31 2006, 11:17 AM

47 posts

My experience in SEGI College PJ (ss2) lecturer sum are really sux, college and lab facility sux, library no books =sux, classroom sux, ppl sux (no lenglui) biggrin.gif .....so overall is SUX!!! vmad.gif
I donno how is Prime and KL....hope not the same as in PJ.... shocking.gif
small_bowllau
post May 31 2006, 11:56 AM

21 posts

QUOTE(ghee_keong83 @ May 31 2006, 11:17 AM)
My experience in SEGI College PJ (ss2) lecturer sum are really sux, college and lab facility sux, library no books =sux, classroom sux, ppl sux (no lenglui) biggrin.gif .....so overall is SUX!!!  vmad.gif
I donno how is Prime and KL....hope not the same as in PJ.... shocking.gif
Huh?? no lenglui? hahah.. i dunwan to see leng chai or leng lui la.. what i wan is good place 2 studi n ada good teachers la... any other ideas to gimme about segi in subang?? i am staying nearby only .. if got some good ideas,i will straight away go n sign up looo.. tongue.gif sudah bazir byk masa~
Loser_rulez
post May 31 2006, 01:55 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(small_bowllau @ May 31 2006, 11:56 AM)
Huh?? no lenglui? hahah.. i dunwan to see leng chai or leng lui la.. what i wan is good place 2 studi n ada good teachers la... any other ideas to gimme about segi in subang?? i am staying nearby only .. if got some good ideas,i will straight away go n sign up looo..  tongue.gif sudah bazir byk masa~
What course are you interested in??
I know some lecturers there la... business, engineering, design etc
I went to collect my transcripts at SEGi Subang Jaya that day and spend some time there as well
The library & computer labs are much better compare to Prime those days thumbup.gif
Got own cafe somemore, selling local n western food drool.gif
last time at Prime ar, the things that I'm satisfied are the lecturers, classmates and the school. The rest of the facilities like library, classrooms, toilets...sux to the MAX man!!!!!
So I would recommend you to study there now. I have friend who work there as well, go look for her la, her name is Michelle.

feynman
post May 31 2006, 03:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
4,774 posts

QUOTE(wolverine_ronaldo @ May 30 2006, 11:19 AM)
Hi! logan here, a marketing student from help university college. actually i think wat segi did is quite smart lor. The fact that u don't c other universities or colleges doing that only means that this segi college is the first to come up with this idea. if you follow what everyone is doing, who will notice lah??? don;t u agree, feynman? marketing must be open minded lah...u think all the stars u c on the tv advertisements...they really use the product before this mer??
You fail to understand a point. It's a not an issue if it is to market massage chairs or slimming products. We are talking about education. Education is not some cheap thing to degrade, it has dignity.

Look at PROPER INSTITUTIONS, do you see top notch schools that advertises like that? Do you see Cambridge doing such things? Do you see NUS doing such things?

It's an academic institution for heaven's sake, not some cheap lowlife circus with boogie woogie.
small_bowllau
post May 31 2006, 05:09 PM

21 posts

QUOTE(Loser_rulez @ May 31 2006, 01:55 PM)
I went to collect my transcripts at SEGi Subang Jaya that day and spend some time there as well
The library & computer labs are much better compare to Prime those days  thumbup.gif
Got own cafe somemore, selling local n western food  drool.gif
last time at Prime ar, the things that I'm satisfied are the lecturers, classmates and the school. The rest of the facilities like library, classrooms, toilets...sux to the MAX man!!!!!
So I would recommend you to study there now. I have friend who work there as well, go look for her la, her name is Michelle.
I wan 2 to take the design course but i kenot make sure which 1 2 choose now, mayb u can intro ur fren to me . Michelle can guide me?? where can i find her? the ground floor oso?
Yeah... dat day they gave me meal coupon and i had my lunch at 1st floor, the food quite nice juz that the smell of cafe a bit weird weird one. kesimpulannya, it is stil ok la..
wolverine_ronaldo
post May 31 2006, 05:57 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(feynman @ May 31 2006, 03:05 PM)
You fail to understand a point. It's a not an issue if it is to market massage chairs or slimming products. We are talking about education. Education is not some cheap thing to degrade, it has dignity.

Look at PROPER INSTITUTIONS, do you see top notch schools that advertises like that? Do you see Cambridge doing such things? Do you see NUS doing such things?

It's an academic institution for heaven's sake, not some cheap lowlife circus with boogie woogie.
my dear feynman, these are ambassadors. they are being paid or sponsored to be associated with products. Just like when Malaysia hired Miss India to be the ambassador for the Sepang F1 Race 2 years ago. the college i study in, HELP...they pay and sponsor national badminton players like wong choon hann to study there. if i'm not mistaken, rowan atkinson (mr. bean) is occassionally used by cambridge or oxford as their ambassador. why can't segi offer the malaysian idols to study here and promote the college?? i don't c it as degrading the college, just increasing the awareness to the ppl out there. is any1 getting hurt?

the reason why u don't c other college doing this is simply because they can't afford it...segi college is like chelsea fc, and i don't mind going over there for a job after i graduate ;�
Teong
post May 31 2006, 06:15 PM

Casual
479 posts

If you read what is mentioned in the news, I think what segi college doing is to simply say that the college shares the same values of the idols which is "hardwork, determination and a bit of guidance will get one very far in life". that's all.

It's not to say that segi students become singers or entertainers. or that entertainers or singers study at segi, nor is the message idols study at segi.

It's simply that if one works hard and have determination, with the right guidance from the college, one can succeeed in whatever endeavour he or she sets out to do in the first place.

If you look at the idols, they are pretty good role models for our young and future leaders...have good values and possess squeaky clean image.

Plain and simple!

Segi is taking a big risk here if they continue to get idols to endorse their products. Short term = OK to get attention and excitement. Long term....better have strategy of education quality as the market will be watching. Also, pray that the idols don't get involved in drugs, gangsterism or get involved in relationship and wreck families, etc.

feynman
post May 31 2006, 08:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
4,774 posts

QUOTE(wolverine_ronaldo @ May 31 2006, 05:57 PM)
my dear feynman, these are ambassadors. they are being paid or sponsored to be associated with products. Just like when Malaysia hired Miss India to be the ambassador for the Sepang F1 Race 2 years ago. the college i study in, HELP...they pay and sponsor national badminton players like wong choon hann to study there. if i'm not mistaken, rowan atkinson (mr. bean) is occassionally used by cambridge or oxford as their ambassador. why can't segi offer the malaysian idols to study here and promote the college?? i don't c it as degrading the college, just increasing the awareness to the ppl out there. is any1 getting hurt?

the reason why u don't c other college doing this is simply because they can't afford it...segi college is like chelsea fc, and i don't mind going over there for a job after i graduate ;�
Which is wrong, sponsor to promote a product? you meant sponsor to promote diploma in engineering?

SIC and SEGi College are two different things, one is a corporate body, the other an academic institution. If SEGi sole purpose is to market their products then this 'college' is not worth your money.

You got it right, HELP gives full scholarships to national players to study there, not pay national players to associate themselves to the college as a promoter or whatnot.

Rowan Atkinson is an alumnus of Queen's College, Oxford. That explains a lot of stuff.

Are Jac and Daniel currently studying there? If they are students matriculating at SEGi, then SEGi is not wrong in doing any of these things.
Teong
post May 31 2006, 08:27 PM

Casual
479 posts

QUOTE(feynman @ May 31 2006, 08:14 PM)
Which is wrong, sponsor to promote a product? you meant sponsor to promote diploma in engineering?

SIC and SEGi College are two different things, one is a corporate body, the other an academic institution. If SEGi sole purpose is to market their products then this 'college' is not worth your money.

You got it right, HELP gives full scholarships to national players to study there, not pay national players to associate themselves to the college as a promoter or whatnot.

Rowan Atkinson is an alumnus of Queen's College, Oxford. That explains a lot of stuff.

Are Jac and Daniel currently studying there? If they are students matriculating at SEGi, then SEGi is not wrong in doing any of these things.
Read from papers that Jac & Daniel are offered scholarships and they are studying part-time at segi in music or performing arts.

http://portalilmu.kempen.gov.my/index.php?...pg=308&ac=10441

Segi is a corporate body too. The college is just one of their business.

feynman
post May 31 2006, 08:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
4,774 posts

QUOTE(Teong @ May 31 2006, 08:27 PM)
Read from papers that Jac & Daniel are offered scholarships and they are studying part-time at segi in music or performing arts.

http://portalilmu.kempen.gov.my/index.php?...pg=308&ac=10441

Segi is a corporate body too. The college is just one of their business.
Which is wrong in essence. A certain level of professionalism must be maintained for 'business' related to education.

According to the link, Jac and Daniel are offered scholarships. However, it will be only be proper to use their names only if they are enrolled students of SEGi.
SUSSeLrAhC
post May 31 2006, 09:01 PM

★★★7Star★General★★★
5,227 posts

mayb i will ask monash 2 get mawi... lol

like what i had mentioned b4... segi might only b good in professional courses and not academic..

i guess jac n daniel will b ok... but from wat i see... (i stay in ss2) d place is not suitable for a academic course... only for diplomas and certs
Teong
post May 31 2006, 09:05 PM

Casual
479 posts

QUOTE(feynman @ May 31 2006, 08:36 PM)
Which is wrong in essence. A certain level of professionalism must be maintained for 'business' related to education.

According to the link, Jac and Daniel are offered scholarships. However, it will be only be proper to use their names only if they are enrolled students of SEGi.
He who asserts must prove. We can't tell if they had been enrolled or not.

The idea of maintaining a level of professionalism is bootstrap. It is certainly true but no assertion was provided to show what was wrong in essence. Really...can't make sense.

Anyway, as I mentioned, this thread is getting nowhere. I'll take back what I said above. *sorry*

We want ppl who have studied at segi or those who have experienced the college to provide genuine feedback, and not proceed on a romantic indulgence in conjecture and fiction of what ought to and ought not be the case....and what ought to happen if these are practiced or not....haizzzzz

feynman
post May 31 2006, 09:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
4,774 posts

QUOTE(Teong @ May 31 2006, 09:05 PM)

The idea of maintaining a level of professionalism is bootstrap. It is certainly true but no assertion was provided to show what was wrong in essence. Really...can't make sense.

Anyway, as I mentioned, this thread is getting nowhere. I'll take back what I said above. *sorry*

We want ppl who have studied at segi or those who have experienced the college to provide genuine feedback, and not proceed on a romantic indulgence in conjecture and fiction of what ought to and ought not be the case....and what ought to happen if these are practiced or not....haizzzzz
The article gave hint that they are not enrolled yet. Formal offers do not imply matriculating status.

The fact that education is marketed in an unprofesional, all out, no-holes-barred manner is wrong, so what proof is required here? what evidence is needed to show what's wrong in essence?

izzuelaw1986
post Jun 12 2006, 06:41 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

hrm....is there anyone going to take the Engineering course in SEGI College?
they got a new partnership with University Of Sheffield ...
a very good Uni in UK ....but i duno whether SEGi college got employ
good lecturer for the Engineering course...
no point to hv a good partner but with normal standard lecturers
Loser_rulez
post Jun 14 2006, 01:41 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(izzuelaw1986 @ Jun 12 2006, 06:41 PM)
hrm....is there anyone going to take the Engineering course in SEGI College?
they got a new partnership with University Of  Sheffield ...
a very good Uni in UK ....but i duno whether SEGi college got employ
good lecturer for the Engineering course...
no point to hv a good partner but with normal standard lecturers
My lecturer told me there will be a new "mat salleh" lecturer joining them soon
Bristish guy who grad from Imperial College
WOW~~, if its true!!!

However I heard from my engineering friends that SEGi lecturers are not bad
Still, I think biz lecturers are the best cos I grad there
sad.gif sadly some left......
small_bowllau
post Jun 14 2006, 02:29 PM

21 posts

Long time ago, i heard Prime was doing quite well in Engineering courses. Now, i think should be the same la.. cuz my friend is taking engineering course over there and never make any complaints before.. hohoho~

QUOTE(Loser_rulez @ Jun 14 2006, 01:41 PM)
My lecturer told me there will be a new "mat salleh" lecturer joining them soon
Bristish guy who grad from Imperial College
WOW~~, if its true!!!

However I heard from my engineering friends that SEGi lecturers are not bad
Still, I think biz lecturers are the best cos I grad there
sad.gif sadly some left......
izzuelaw1986
post Jun 15 2006, 08:15 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif oh...i see. thanks for all the info
DK82
post Jun 16 2006, 04:19 AM

Stealth Lurker
597 posts

There's a very significant difference between displaying the wrong image and being un-professional. A barber may dress like a cross-dresser but that doesn't mean that he can't cut good hair, right?

Eitherway, I do agree on the opinion of education institutions making a clowny direction as far as the advertising mascot goes..surely these celebrities (or somewhat) would attract attention, but whose attention would it be? Generally academically aspired students, or groups that consist mainly sofa-dwellers and chip-munchers, who boo and shriek at title-fighting singers? Okay, that's extreme; but to make it simple for laymen:

Targeting Students would mean investing money on getting their attention, if they already are doing that, airing on TV might not be even necessary anymore, needless to say the possible fees of airing the two, hmm, celebrities;

Targeting Idol-enthusiasts would mean investing on kids, teenagers, labour workers who had only national channels in their TV's, homely uncles and aunties, and occasionally secondary school graduates and college students when they lost their dates or friends ffk them from TT, or plainly if they are homely and never go out for dinner with friends.

Surely the college did a good job as far as they have, being fine educators out there. But I'd say it's a joke, and a waste that the marketing department either forgot who their target audience is, while spending the amount of profits from the faculty who struggle so hard in making students pass.

Makes people wonder if the college offers Mass Communication courses..

This post has been edited by DK82: Jun 16 2006, 04:21 AM
kkseo86
post Jun 16 2006, 10:25 AM

9 posts

hmm.. celebrity really makes that college "shine". They caught attention anyway... dun care they got strategy or not la... kesimpulannya, everyone know about it.. newspaper also we can see everyday... sometimes quite boring la.. cuz seeing the ads evryday... aiyooo...
SUSflamer
post Jun 16 2006, 10:36 AM

On my way
615 posts

I believe Segi wanted to copy HELP's advertisement of displaying famous figures( If i remember properly its a badminton player). However, what they should know is that HELP uses these famous who ARE THEIR student and not someone they plucked from the industry. I am not from HELP, but IMO as a good marketing plan colleges should actually consider paying some of their ex-students who have made it big in their jobs during their open days.
izzuelaw1986
post Jun 17 2006, 10:17 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(kkseo86 @ Jun 16 2006, 10:25 AM)
hmm.. celebrity really makes that college "shine". They caught attention anyway... dun care they got strategy or not la... kesimpulannya, everyone know about it.. newspaper also we can see everyday... sometimes quite boring la.. cuz seeing the ads evryday... aiyooo...
yalar...everytime also displaying Daniel's face...
sien like hell only.....to me, he merely can sing only...
but unlike those HELP students in the advertisement..
They are good in both academic and outdoor activities....
In addition, most of them have the strong leadership....
thus, it motivates other students to do well also ....

Imagine you everytime also see daniel's face in the SEGI advertisement,
what you can learn from him?

kkseo86
post Jun 17 2006, 03:50 PM

9 posts

[quote=izzuelaw1986,Jun 17 2006, 10:17 AM]

[/quo

hmm... right... i think they should change something ady...
TSnightmarej4ck
post Jun 19 2006, 01:29 PM

Getting Started
129 posts

QUOTE(Loser_rulez @ May 31 2006, 01:55 PM)
The library & computer labs are much better compare to Prime those days  thumbup.gif
Got own cafe somemore, selling local n western food  drool.gif
i interested in IT computing
TSnightmarej4ck
post Jun 19 2006, 01:31 PM

Getting Started
129 posts

sianz lah daniel!
small_bowllau
post Jun 19 2006, 03:02 PM

21 posts

why so sienz?? IT is something like software pye right?? i heard there is multimedia design ma.. can design things one... canggih betul... hohohoh
genie
post Jun 19 2006, 05:08 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(small_bowllau @ Jun 14 2006, 02:29 PM)
Long time ago, i heard Prime was doing quite well in Engineering courses. Now, i think should be the same la.. cuz my friend is taking engineering course over there and never make any complaints before.. hohoho~
yes, i do agree that their lecturers are good and friendly. i'm not a student from thr but i used to work thr.
DDSFan8
post Jun 20 2006, 12:44 AM

Regular
1,276 posts

if you people want to come to Segi, join the ADP program la. You'll love it man, the whole department like a family.
small_bowllau
post Jun 20 2006, 08:58 AM

21 posts

QUOTE(DDSFan8 @ Jun 20 2006, 12:44 AM)
if you people want to come to Segi, join the ADP program la. You'll love it man, the whole department like a family.
hmm.. ADP?? what so good?? intro la sikit... gua tak tau ma...
genie
post Jun 20 2006, 12:13 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(DDSFan8 @ Jun 20 2006, 12:44 AM)
do they offer ADP now??? since when??? which campus???
genie
post Jun 20 2006, 12:15 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(Teong @ May 31 2006, 09:05 PM)

hey teong,
u sound so professional. r u a staff from segi? seems like u know lots of things about them.
xaw5126
post Jun 20 2006, 12:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,488 posts

I'm a student in the DICS program. I only recommend SEGi if your budget doesn't allow APIIT or LUCT ... cos the facilities in SEGi are sorely lacking. The IT staff are not very competent, and the management is not interested in improving things. The academic staff are OK... they know their stuff and are still interested in teaching the students.
Loser_rulez
post Jun 20 2006, 01:44 PM

25 posts

QUOTE(izzuelaw1986 @ Jun 17 2006, 10:17 AM)

Agree!!!!! Very Sienz...... to see his face everytime
I'm not a Malaysian Idol fan but somehow I think I prefer Vic or Andrew than Daniel
Maybe simply becos I dun quite like shortie
Arrrrrrg......dosen't matter, I done with my studies there!!!
darkages
post Jun 20 2006, 05:33 PM

Jam Bumi
Group Icon
VIP
4,206 posts

Do note that this is Education Essential, discussion about celebrities falls under Kopitiam or Movies & Music
izzuelaw1986
post Jun 22 2006, 08:44 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

Excuse me....we are discussing about the way the College promote
their courses and whether their courses are really good or not....not maily about the singer or idol....

darkages
post Jun 22 2006, 10:46 AM

Jam Bumi
Group Icon
VIP
4,206 posts

QUOTE(izzuelaw1986 @ Jun 22 2006, 08:44 AM)
their courses and whether their courses are really good or not....not maily about the singer or idol....
Yes it suppose to be.
But its gone off track by becoming of a Malaysian Idol bashing thread.

Sien lah everytime see Daniel's face--> how constructive is this post?
izzuelaw1986
post Jun 25 2006, 02:27 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

ok upto you...
szz
post Jun 26 2006, 03:15 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(izzuelaw1986 @ Jun 22 2006, 08:44 AM)
Its course is cheaper compare to HELP,Taylor's etc
and its quality is acceptable
i studied in systematic college kuala lumpur,
and i think the quality is acceptable....
not everyone can afford HELP, TAYLOR's,INTI........
izzuelaw1986
post Jun 26 2006, 06:45 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(szz @ Jun 26 2006, 03:15 PM)
Its course is cheaper compare to HELP,Taylor's etc
and its quality is acceptable
i studied in systematic college kuala lumpur,
and i think the quality is acceptable....
not everyone can afford HELP, TAYLOR's,INTI........
i agree with that. I believe that SEGI got future.....but need more time to improve
and develop....Good luck for you ^^
nightzstar
post Jun 27 2006, 12:20 AM

Col. Samantha Carter
2,690 posts

The main concern is the certificate after graduation will be world wide recognised or not. If not...it juz a plain paper...
thivaakar
post Jun 28 2006, 11:09 PM

On my way
581 posts

im Segi student at petaling street. im also an ex-TarC.Personally i prefer Segi as the tutor speak better english,the lab is better and the food varies[outside got so many chinese stalls plus u see prostitutes goin out of hotel with some uncle as u eat =P] bt the bad thing is the frens over there arent my type =( well it doesnt matter as next year i go hongkong do advance dip.=)
swgiant
post Jun 29 2006, 12:24 PM

Extravagance RUINS Your Life !!!
1,414 posts

would like to complete my degree in SeGI @ PJ. Then am i able to take a degree course which co-ordinated by University Bolton, UK? I know quite of some takes degree program through University of Abertay Dundee, UK but am i allows to choose with University Bolton, UK?
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
post Jun 30 2006, 10:53 PM

Getting Started
241 posts

I'm from SEGi College Kuala Lumpur campus (the one nearer to Menara Maybank, not the Petaling Street). I say the campus is good la....good atmosphere, classrooms are okay.

However, I feel some lecturers are severely lacking. Some are really good, but some are just like...as if everything is from the text book.
quintessential
post Jul 1 2006, 11:14 PM

ilha formosa
2,919 posts

QUOTE(nightzstar @ Jun 27 2006, 01:20 AM)
The main concern is the certificate after graduation will be world wide recognised or not. If not...it juz a plain paper...
if you're not migrating overseas, that's okay.
eXPeri3nc3
post Jul 2 2006, 01:17 AM

9,257 posts

SeGi college lectures are mostly from the local country?
ntlc87
post Jul 2 2006, 02:12 AM

♥ Grammatically Impaired ♥
1,286 posts

QUOTE(eXPeri3nc3 @ Jul 2 2006, 01:17 AM)
SeGi college lectures are mostly from the local country?
most of them are locals...but of corse they surely get recognition from overseas uni..
DDSFan8
post Jul 4 2006, 01:17 PM

Regular
1,276 posts

Subang campus got ADP. It is like a family there you know
darkjustice
post Jul 7 2006, 12:49 AM

8 posts

I think SEGI Subang Jaya is OK but too far away. Now I study at Brickfields College near KL Sentral. Very convenient. The lecturers mostly senior but the courses are limited. Currently only Business Admin and Law programs.
Anyway any college is Ok if you want 3+0 but if you are very clever surely you aim the better colleges or rather try public unis. Good luck to those aiming for SEGI.
izzuelaw1986
post Jul 7 2006, 09:51 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(darkjustice @ Jul 7 2006, 12:49 AM)
I think SEGI Subang Jaya is OK but too far away.  Now I study at Brickfields College near KL Sentral.  Very convenient.  The lecturers mostly senior but the courses are limited.  Currently only Business Admin and Law programs.
Anyway any college is Ok if you want 3+0 but if you are very clever surely you aim the better colleges or rather try public unis. Good luck to those aiming for SEGI.
May i know what course are you taking now in Brickfields College?
Law or business? Thanks
TSnightmarej4ck
post Jul 8 2006, 10:28 PM

Getting Started
129 posts

i jz registered myself today at Subang Jaya Branch
amyau
post Jul 12 2006, 03:59 PM

5 posts

anybody graduate from the couse BA (Hons) Business Administration by University of Bolton, UK ? I wonder why SEGI only promote BBA from University of Abertay Dundee, UK & University of Southern
Queensland, Australia. From wedsite, I cant find any info for BBA from University of Bolton, UK.
eXPeri3nc3
post Jul 12 2006, 04:06 PM

9,257 posts

QUOTE(nightmarej4ck @ Jul 8 2006, 11:28 PM)
then try to provide more intro to this thread, since ur there. wink.gif
izzuelaw1986
post Jul 13 2006, 07:09 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(nightmarej4ck @ Jul 8 2006, 10:28 PM)
May i know how's the environment there?
Anything special? Meet the lecturers there already?

Teong
post Jul 14 2006, 10:06 AM

Casual
479 posts

QUOTE(amyau @ Jul 12 2006, 03:59 PM)
anybody graduate from the couse BA (Hons) Business Administration by University of Bolton, UK ? I wonder why SEGI only promote BBA from  University of Abertay Dundee, UK & University of Southern
Queensland, Australia. From wedsite, I cant find any info for BBA from University of Bolton, UK.
SEGI is quite funny when it comes to promoting the degree. The Abertay Dundee programme only available in KL and PJ campus but the Southern Queensland U programme from Australia is at Subang Jaya.

Heard many students in Subang Jaya want to do Abertay Dundee especially in accountancy and finance got no chance. Southern Queensland Uni only offers business, marketing and human resource.

Management ask them to do Bolton, which is UK uni but lower ranked than Abertay Dundee.

The reason Bolton not available at SEGI website is I think they don't have twinning arrangement with the college for business, only computing. It's offered as distance learning programme only.

amyau
post Jul 14 2006, 10:51 AM

5 posts

Thank you for your reply. Where to get more info that Bolton is lower ranked than Abertay Dundee ? SEGi PJ offered this programme - BA (Hons) Business Administration from Bolton,UK. I went for the preview few days ago, the programme manager explained that this is a top up degree, more for working adult. They only hv weekend classes which they called it support class. You are right to say this is a distance learning programme.

QUOTE(Teong @ Jul 14 2006, 10:06 AM)
SEGI is quite funny when it comes to promoting the degree. The Abertay Dundee programme only available in KL and PJ campus but the Southern Queensland U programme from Australia is at Subang Jaya.

Heard many students in Subang Jaya want to do Abertay Dundee especially in accountancy and finance got no chance. Southern Queensland Uni only offers business, marketing and human resource.

Management ask them to do Bolton, which is UK uni but lower ranked than Abertay Dundee.

The reason Bolton not available at SEGI website is I think they don't have twinning arrangement with the college for business, only computing. It's offered as distance learning programme only.
Teong
post Jul 14 2006, 11:20 AM

Casual
479 posts

QUOTE(genie @ Jun 20 2006, 12:15 PM)
hey teong,
u sound so professional. r u a staff from segi? seems like u know lots of things about them.
sound professional? perhaps from my legal training. am currently pursuing an engineering degree...at segi. perhaps that's why i know a bit about them.

know a lot more about law and am generally interested in education. thanks!

Teong
post Jul 14 2006, 11:23 AM

Casual
479 posts

QUOTE(amyau @ Jul 14 2006, 10:51 AM)
Thank you for your reply. Where to get more info that Bolton is lower ranked than Abertay Dundee ? SEGi PJ offered this programme - BA (Hons) Business Administration from Bolton,UK. I went for the preview few days ago, the programme manager explained that this is a top up degree, more for working adult. They only hv weekend classes which they called it support class. You are right to say this is a distance learning programme.
Can't remember the exact URL. But if you google "Times Universities Guides" or "Guardian Universities Guide", it'lll lead you there. The list is available online. Think you may have to subscribe if you want further information such as which universities is strong in whch disciplines?

Good luck!
NakA
post Jul 16 2006, 01:28 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(Suk @ May 29 2006, 02:18 PM)
Well i ask u, how long taylors subang establish? how u know last time taylors never advertise?

anyone can clarify this?
Yeah, its true, its in damansara. The campus is big. more towards europe style. got the model inside seGi college usj. very chun ..
NakA
post Jul 16 2006, 01:33 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(nightzstar @ Jun 27 2006, 12:20 AM)
well, u can see from segi website. as u can see, even uni of sheffield also their partner university. from there u can know, segi is quite well recognised ok. else i don see reason why uni of sheffield wan partner with them. as we know, uni of sheffield is famous uni in uk, and rankin quite high among all the unis in UK.

therefore, i think mostly will be recognised. =)

feynman
post Jul 16 2006, 02:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
4,774 posts

QUOTE(NakA @ Jul 16 2006, 01:33 AM)
well, u can see from segi website. as u can see, even uni of sheffield also their partner university. from there u can know, segi is quite well recognised ok. else i don see reason why uni of sheffield wan partner with them. as we know, uni of sheffield is famous uni in uk, and rankin quite high among all the unis in UK.

therefore, i think mostly will be recognised. =)
For a fact, real good universities hardly venture into twinning programs. Do you see Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial, UCL, King's, LSE, Bristol, Durham, St Andrew's etc doing so?
NakA
post Jul 16 2006, 08:38 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(feynman @ Jul 16 2006, 02:07 AM)
For a fact, real good universities hardly venture into twinning programs.  Do you see Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial, UCL, King's, LSE, Bristol, Durham, St Andrew's etc doing so?
well, i cant deny that. but the thing is, uni of sheffield also got good reputation. though compare with cambridge, oxford and so on, its behind them. but still, we cant say its a lousy uni.

well, let see bout monash, nottingham, uni of melbourne, we all can do twinnin in msia. so meaning that its not good as well? monash and uni of melbourne consider as top uni in aus as well. yet, we can do twinni here in msia too.
feynman
post Jul 16 2006, 04:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
4,774 posts

QUOTE(NakA @ Jul 16 2006, 08:38 AM)
well, i cant deny that. but the thing is, uni of sheffield also got good reputation. though compare with cambridge, oxford and so on, its behind them. but still, we cant say its a lousy uni.

well, let see bout monash, nottingham, uni of melbourne, we all can do twinnin in msia. so meaning that its not good as well? monash and uni of melbourne consider as top uni in aus as well. yet, we can do twinni here in msia too.
Monash and Notts do not have any linkups at this very moment. They have a campus of their own. 'twinning' is not an appropriate term.

As I have said, good universities hardly do so, by citing an example out of the numerous courses that the colleges sell is hardly convincing. It doesn't suggest a trend. More like an anomaly, an outlier.

ccy1989
post Jul 19 2006, 03:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,415 posts

does anyone heard SEGI COLLEGE offer RM500(read it from the star newspaper today) only to persue a degree ? Anyone know how does it work ???
genie
post Jul 20 2006, 12:05 AM

47 posts

QUOTE(ccy1989 @ Jul 19 2006, 03:47 PM)
does anyone heard SEGI COLLEGE offer RM500(read it from the star newspaper today) only to persue a degree ? Anyone know how does it work ???
i think this is a gimmick. u pay 500 first. then they will ask u to get the loan and pay monthly back to the bank. how can a programme offer so cheap?
amyau
post Jul 25 2006, 03:21 PM

5 posts

Thank you so much.... thumbup.gif

QUOTE(Teong @ Jul 14 2006, 11:23 AM)
Can't remember the exact URL. But if you google "Times Universities Guides" or "Guardian Universities Guide", it'lll lead you there. The list is available online. Think you may have to subscribe if you want further information such as which universities is strong in whch disciplines?

Good luck!
don^don
post Jul 25 2006, 04:57 PM

(#‵′)凸
1,929 posts

i've just enrolled in SEGi SWK, DiCS. (sry, not subang).

was told that if i were to complete my 2yrs4months course, i'l be ending up having 4 Dip certs (*includ. NCC CS cert). and if i were to cont` for another 1 yr, i'l be graduating with Greenwich UK's Degree in CS eventhough i'm studying locally. this is the only thing that convinced me to SEGi. a degree identical with UK standard.

this DiCS consist of things like databasing and programming, besides OS managements and many bla bla bla things that i am not familiar with atm. i am feeling not safe with all this course, can somebody convince me, or tell me more bout this?

i'm an ex-student of SwinBurne University of Technology. i was told that SEGi SWK will be moving to a new campus by end of 2007 or early 2008, coz when the Damansara campus is complete, construction over here will only then start. right now, the campus over here in kch looks grand, but that's only overall appearance. the lobby looks clean but other than that, everything looks like "average kopitiam" to me. though, i've just enrolled so my review ain complete. but somehow, things seemed a lil cheapskate, for a college that has just been through a rebranding.

as for the using of m`sian idol as ambassador, i've no comment, nor do i even care. for me, this is not the best way to promote the college, though, there's no harm in trying. but to me, a good institute will hav a good image when the certs. are recognize and the graduates performs well in the real world industry.

This post has been edited by don^don: Jul 25 2006, 04:59 PM
feynman
post Jul 25 2006, 06:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
4,774 posts

QUOTE(don^don @ Jul 25 2006, 04:57 PM)
i've just enrolled in SEGi SWK, DiCS. (sry, not subang).

was told that if i were to complete my 2yrs4months course, i'l be ending up having 4 Dip certs (*includ. NCC CS cert). and if i were to cont` for another 1 yr, i'l be graduating with Greenwich UK's Degree in CS eventhough i'm studying locally. this is the only thing that convinced me to SEGi. a degree identical with UK standard.

this DiCS consist of things like databasing and programming, besides OS managements and many bla bla bla things that i am not familiar with atm. i am feeling not safe with all this course, can somebody convince me, or tell me more bout this?

i'm an ex-student of SwinBurne University of Technology. i was told that SEGi SWK will be moving to a new campus by end of 2007 or early 2008, coz when the Damansara campus is complete, construction over here will only then start. right now, the campus over here in kch looks grand, but that's only overall appearance. the lobby looks clean but other than that, everything looks like "average kopitiam" to me. though, i've just enrolled so my review ain complete. but somehow, things seemed a lil cheapskate, for a college that has just been through a rebranding.

as for the using of m`sian idol as ambassador, i've no comment, nor do i even care. for me, this is not the best way to promote the college, though, there's no harm in trying. but to me, a good institute will hav a good image when the certs. are recognize and the graduates performs well in the real world industry.
Don't you know that there are other twinning programs in other colleges?
SilverCrimz
post Jul 25 2006, 09:59 PM

Enthusiast
864 posts

When is the latest intakes for segi?
don^don
post Jul 26 2006, 11:23 AM

(#‵′)凸
1,929 posts

yes i am very clear of that, Unis like SwinBurne University lets students graduate locally with Melbourne certs. That's y i take up DiCS so that i can take Degree with Greenwich.
amyau
post Jul 27 2006, 09:32 AM

5 posts

I'm a working adult. When I call SEGi to ask, they told me the offer is open student after STPM but then the ads did published "Recommended for those who are unhappy with UPU results & also working adults". I would say it just a gimmick only.

QUOTE(genie @ Jul 20 2006, 12:05 AM)
i think this is a gimmick. u pay 500 first. then they will ask u to get the loan and pay monthly back to the bank. how can a programme offer so cheap?
amyau
post Jul 27 2006, 10:09 AM

5 posts

Does this happened to all courses offered in SEGi ? SEGi increase their course fee every intake even in the same year. Eg: Jan'06 & Jul'06 intake the course fee is different. SEGi increase price in Jul'06. The next intake Jan'07, SEGi may increase it course fee again. I'm interested to know why SEGi increase course fee for every intake.
NakA
post Jul 28 2006, 07:04 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

basically i think haha to cover their own cost ?
lol

but other colleges also always increase the tuition fees..
lol ~
quintessential
post Jul 31 2006, 12:09 PM

ilha formosa
2,919 posts

QUOTE(amyau @ Jul 27 2006, 11:09 AM)
Does this happened to all courses offered in SEGi ? SEGi increase their course fee every intake even in the same year. Eg: Jan'06 & Jul'06 intake the course fee is different. SEGi increase price in Jul'06. The next intake Jan'07, SEGi may increase it course fee again. I'm interested to know why SEGi increase course fee for every intake.
ever wondered why segi has its own campus instead of lease a building?
SilverCrimz
post Aug 28 2006, 12:09 PM

Enthusiast
864 posts

Been hearing about some bad news on Segi but i'm planning to enroll myself to Segi's Multimedia Designing course. Since i had some health problems lately which dragged me nearly several months so theres not much other colls has any intakes during these last few monts of the year but Segi has one on Oct. However, upon hearing bad comments on the coll, i'm having doubts now sad.gif but i do not wish wait till next Jan for intakes from other colls. In addition, my spm results isn't very good and thats another thing that pulls me down to try other well known Colls.
DDSFan8
post Nov 4 2006, 12:12 AM

Regular
1,276 posts

I am from SEGi ADP. To be honest, the ADP is very good in a way we have more hands-on work and only 1 exam for the semester for each subject.

So far, the business students are very smart in terms of thinking but not sure about text book wise la.
ralf
post Nov 4 2006, 12:57 AM

WYSIWYG
3,013 posts

I took my Degree in Computing in Systematic, Penang 2years ago(before SEGi take over).

What really impress me is invidual coursework, no doubt better than local Uni or coll which encourage group work.
I really learned during my 1year degree programme, settle all the homework and coursework by myself.. smile.gif Of course there are well-loaded kids who not even do their assignment and pass, they exchange it with $$$, do i need to clarify more?

there are lots of working adults/profesional who are currently working in bayanlepas mnc/sme taking part-time Segi program.
who ever want to get cheapest/quickest path to get certified...look for Segi, Penang. smile.gif
TSnightmarej4ck
post Nov 4 2006, 12:58 AM

Getting Started
129 posts

i m from segi college subang jaya currently taking DipIT nice to meet u all ^ ^
Wind2289
post Nov 4 2006, 10:43 PM

48 posts

is anyone who took computer science (computer studies) in segi ?
i wish to have a better known with segi
thanks
maxsteel2001us
post Nov 7 2006, 06:16 PM

Enthusiast
851 posts

hi... i want to ask something..do Segi college has Chinese Community member/club membership ? if got, where can i get their booklet of it?
Teong
post Jan 19 2007, 01:05 PM

Casual
479 posts

QUOTE(quintessential @ Jul 31 2006, 12:09 PM)
ever wondered why segi has its own campus instead of lease a building?
Read that segi has sold their buildings and entered into leaseback arrangement with amanah raya. It's part of their strategy to focus on its core education business and reduce its gearing.
autumnchild
post Feb 17 2007, 12:02 AM

14 posts

anyone can clarify this?
Yeah yeah.....I heard their Kota Damansara campus will be stated in May 07. Huge!

Wondering Idols will appear again or maybe some other gimmicks....LOL cool2.gif
Really looking forward what happening.....
DDSFan8
post Feb 18 2007, 04:43 PM

Regular
1,276 posts

yeah they are moving to KOTA DAMANSARA. Thank God I will have completed my studies this April
fred16
post Feb 22 2007, 01:51 PM

14 posts

Well hello there, i'm actually currently a student at SEGI with its ADP program, i've only been there like 2 months but its safe to say the ADP lecturers are a dime a dozen, they're so down to Earth and friendly as hell, the facilities there are not half bad as well, Yeah da cafeteria food sux, but which coll doesn't? havein been frm TAR, it's same old same old, da library not too well stocked either but they tell u tht of the get-go, they're not afraid to admit their short-coming.
Yes they do have a new campus in Kota Damansara and we're scheduled to move sometime in June, the ADP Dept tht is but we're all dead set against it, it's gonna be a major inconvience to many so rite now it's a wait n c game, u juz mite c some picketing come June.
As for their marketing strategy, it's whatever works rite, it's all about maximizing income at da lowest cost to da institution, n they went somewhere no other educational institution thought 2 go b4, tht makes em somewhat of a pioneer i guess and there'll alwiz be detractors to another's man's success, they are entitled their 2 cents but if doesn't change the fact SEGI is still laughin its way 2 da bank, the SAD truth
zeist
post Feb 23 2007, 08:40 PM

Mivec 1800cc
All Stars
15,182 posts

Segi Subang, new building, new facilities, everything new! rclxms.gif
vin_ann
post Feb 24 2007, 12:02 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,912 posts

QUOTE(nightmarej4ck @ May 29 2006, 02:42 AM)
Does SeGi College Good?
Any Bad Remarks?
depending on what courses u take lol..................
kenzo
post Feb 24 2007, 05:55 PM

Casual
373 posts

segi is not bad college..last time as systematics used to be one of the best colleges in town during my brother's year...
SincerePrayer
post Feb 25 2007, 08:39 AM

love to pray
Group Icon
Elite
1,120 posts

How about MBA in SeGi?
Deavorn
post Feb 25 2007, 08:46 AM

17 posts

guys,i would like to ask DIBA(business admin) is it the easieast course from all courses?
Teong
post Feb 27 2007, 01:17 PM

Casual
479 posts

QUOTE(SincerePrayer @ Feb 25 2007, 08:39 AM)
How about MBA in SeGi?
The USQ MBA is one of the most popular in town. Have more than a thousand students. Have a few friends who study/ graduated. It's boleh tahan la.

Fees is about 30K.

Heard that they are running the Sunderland MBA from the UK too.

cutiepooh
post Feb 27 2007, 09:39 PM

Casual
446 posts

guys do any one know d course of ICSA in segi?? fees?
CYN!
post Dec 23 2009, 01:09 AM

8 posts

Way to go SEGi!!!! I'm going there soon!! can't wait la~~~ hahaXD

Added on December 23, 2009, 1:32 amBut may i noe about the A-levels there?

This post has been edited by CYN!: Dec 23 2009, 01:32 AM
new in IT
post Dec 23 2009, 11:13 PM

Casual
363 posts

Hi, I am interested with SEGI KL BSc (Hons) Computing / with Multimedia(3+0) courses

What I need to know are:
1) Are the subjects offered in these course useful in real world?
2) How was the lecturer and management in SEGI KL?
3) How was the condition of facilities and infrastructure in SEGI KL?

Core Modules of:

BSc (Hons) Computing (3+0)

Year 1
- Computer Systems & Internet Technologies
- Computer Programming 1
- System Building 1
- Logical Foundations
- Quantitative Methods
- Communication Systems

Year 2
- Organization & Project Management
- Multimedia Production 1
- System Building 2
- Database Applications Technologies
- Visual Application Development

Year 3
- Project

Choose 3 Modules:
- Enterprise Database Engineering
- eTechnology
- HCI & Interaction Design
- System Building 3
- Web Application Technologies

BSc (Hons) Computing with Multimedia (3+0)

Year 1
- Computer Systems & Internet Technologies
- Computer Programming 1
- System Building 1
- Multimedia Production 1
- Communication Systems

Year 2
- Organization & Project Management
- Multimedia Production 2
- System Building 2
- Database Applications Technologies
- Visual Application Development

Year 3
- Project
- HCI & Interaction Design
- Digital Creativity and Multimedia Futures

Choose 1 Module:
- Enterprise Database Engineering
- eTechnology
- System Building 3
- Web Application Technologies

This post has been edited by new in IT: Dec 23 2009, 11:14 PM
Jacks123
post Dec 23 2009, 11:22 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

i dont like segi KD.....
i m a student there...gonna switch to other UC after finish my course...
some of the lecturer are part timer....always come late to class..n one of the lecturer can end the class after half hour the class start...i experienced it... vmad.gif vmad.gif

This post has been edited by Jacks123: Dec 23 2009, 11:22 PM
new in IT
post Dec 25 2009, 04:24 PM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(Jacks123 @ Dec 24 2009, 12:22 AM)
i dont like segi KD.....
some of the lecturer are part timer....always come late to class..n one of the lecturer can end the class after half hour the class start...i experienced it... vmad.gif  vmad.gif
I see.

What about the other branch like KL? Do u have any friends studying in there KL branch?

orangetribal
post Dec 30 2009, 10:41 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(Jacks123 @ Dec 24 2009, 12:22 AM)
i dont like segi KD.....
some of the lecturer are part timer....always come late to class..n one of the lecturer can end the class after half hour the class start...i experienced it... vmad.gif  vmad.gif
you are from which course? would love to know as i am shifting to segi kd from inti nilai
Jingjuin
post Jan 5 2010, 03:01 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(new in IT @ Dec 25 2009, 04:24 PM)
I see.

What about the other branch like KL? Do u have any friends studying in there KL branch?
ahaha, i gotta go kl branch to study...at jan11. dunno how was there... rclxm9.gif
vincentkoo
post Jan 5 2010, 08:44 PM

9 posts

I alway thought KD is better, since like KL here done more better, lecturer also can late lol
never see it happen at KL branch
keithsnyder
post Sep 2 2010, 12:38 AM

11 posts

Umm...hi i'm new here smile.gif , I kinda wanna ask how's the degree of mechanical engineering course in SEGi college subang Jaya, and from a friend of mine, he claims that University of sunderland is gonna terminate contract with SEGi college, can anyone clarify this? blink.gif

and IF University of sunderland really terminate contract with SEGi college what will happen to them hmm.gif
zstan
post Sep 2 2010, 10:35 AM

10k Club
All Stars
15,671 posts

QUOTE(keithsnyder @ Sep 2 2010, 12:38 AM)
Umm...hi i'm new here  smile.gif  , I kinda wanna ask how's the degree of mechanical engineering course in SEGi college subang Jaya, and from a friend of mine, he claims that University of sunderland is gonna terminate contract with SEGi college, can anyone clarify this?  blink.gif

and IF University of sunderland really terminate contract with SEGi college what will happen to them  hmm.gif
if Segi is ethical, they will send the 'stranded' pharmacy students some where.....

if not.............. hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif
Hikari0307
post Sep 2 2010, 10:53 AM

平成の光
4,541 posts

QUOTE(keithsnyder @ Sep 2 2010, 12:38 AM)
Umm...hi i'm new here  smile.gif  , I kinda wanna ask how's the degree of mechanical engineering course in SEGi college subang Jaya, and from a friend of mine, he claims that University of sunderland is gonna terminate contract with SEGi college, can anyone clarify this?  blink.gif

and IF University of sunderland really terminate contract with SEGi college what will happen to them  hmm.gif
I have no idea about how true what you are saying is but
well usually when institutions end partnerships with each other,both will usually allow those that have already started to finish their programme.
keithsnyder
post Sep 2 2010, 11:24 AM

11 posts

QUOTE(Hikari0307 @ Sep 2 2010, 10:53 AM)
well usually when institutions end partnerships with each other,both will usually allow those that have already started to finish their programme.
well, will the students suffer from quality issues in the programme?
Hikari0307
post Sep 2 2010, 11:43 AM

平成の光
4,541 posts

QUOTE(keithsnyder @ Sep 2 2010, 11:24 AM)
well, will the students suffer from quality issues in the programme?
Most probably. They won't be spending much if any at all time figuring how to improve a programme that is going to be terminated.
keithsnyder
post Sep 2 2010, 12:58 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(Hikari0307 @ Sep 2 2010, 11:43 AM)
Most probably. They won't be spending much if any at all time figuring how to improve a programme that is going to be terminated.
HMmm......I see.....thx man ^^ . Now I need to clarify whether "university of sunderland" gonna terminate their contract with SEGi college. As I can't find info about it anywhere, and the source of the information has no facts at all sad.gif
Belphegor
post Sep 2 2010, 01:53 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

The best way to know the answer; go ask from the counter.
keithsnyder
post Sep 2 2010, 02:05 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(Belphegor @ Sep 2 2010, 01:53 PM)
The best way to know the answer; go ask from the counter.
well, the confusing part is, when my fren go ask , they tell him next year cannot enroll cuz the university of sunderland terminate their contract with them, but when I ask them they say next year can enrol blink.gif
Belphegor
post Sep 2 2010, 05:56 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

Don't call. Walk in and see. tongue.gif
yeelin04
post Sep 10 2010, 07:37 PM

✈ Look at all my stars ✈
3,116 posts

hye hye

i am a Segi Subang Jaya Degree Student (Acc & Financial Mgmt) ...Final Year happy.gif

+

Lecturer very punctual doh.gif

This post has been edited by yeelin04: Sep 10 2010, 07:39 PM
mohdshafie00
post Sep 11 2010, 11:12 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(yeelin04 @ Sep 10 2010, 07:37 PM)
hye hye

i am a Segi Subang Jaya Degree Student (Acc & Financial Mgmt) ...Final Year happy.gif

+

Lecturer very punctual  doh.gif
punctual? hmm.gif
yeelin04
post Sep 12 2010, 12:00 AM

✈ Look at all my stars ✈
3,116 posts

QUOTE(mohdshafie00 @ Sep 11 2010, 11:12 PM)
punctual? hmm.gif
yeap....9.00am start, he really 9am start doh.gif
sweetbijin
post Oct 7 2010, 08:06 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(Hikari0307 @ Sep 2 2010, 10:53 AM)
where did your friend heard that from? this is new...
Yvonne047
post Oct 7 2010, 08:08 PM

On my way
635 posts

Dont go there!! =.= srsly.. I heard lots of bad rumours about that college.
sweetbijin
post Oct 7 2010, 08:13 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(yeelin04 @ Sep 12 2010, 12:00 AM)
yeap....9.00am start, he really 9am start  doh.gif
yo-lor.. i study in subang jaya as well
my lecturer, can lecture & write down all the points, as if there is a hard disk in his head
no need to refer to notes/ books etc...
scary...

Added on October 7, 2010, 8:24 pm
QUOTE(Yvonne047 @ Oct 7 2010, 08:08 PM)
Dont go there!! =.= srsly.. I heard lots of bad rumours about that college.
well... i am not sure what you have heard
but i'm studying here & me & my frenz r having a pretty good study life
just attended the prom night last week. can't wait for next year's!!
Hawker's Night market (students project) starts tomorrow..
please support our booth... do some shopping in college... spend more money...
HA~HAHAA!!!

This post has been edited by sweetbijin: Oct 7 2010, 08:24 PM
yeelin04
post Oct 8 2010, 10:07 AM

✈ Look at all my stars ✈
3,116 posts

QUOTE(sweetbijin @ Oct 7 2010, 08:13 PM)
yo-lor.. i study in subang jaya as well
my lecturer, can lecture & write down all the points, as if there is a hard disk in his head
no need to refer to notes/ books etc...
scary...

Added on October 7, 2010, 8:24 pm

well... i am not sure what you have heard
but i'm studying here & me & my frenz r having a pretty good study life
just attended the prom night last week. can't wait for next year's!!
Hawker's Night market (students project) starts tomorrow..
please support our booth... do some shopping in college... spend more money...
HA~HAHAA!!!
yes yes same too with me ....so punctual make those late 1 so a bit shy.... laugh.gif
Blood.Revenge
post Nov 29 2010, 09:36 PM

26 posts

Hi all SeGi College students,

I'm considering SeGi college. smile.gif

I have a few Questions and I need your help icon_question.gif

1) I've heard rumour about bad management when I sifted throuh past previous threads (which the replies have dated from 2006,2007,etc). Now it is 2010, has the management improved?

2) I also heard there is a vast difference between the SJ & KD campuses. The students seem to favour the SJ campus as the lecturers are better. Is this true?

3) How do their engineering degrees ie: E&E 3+0, University Sunderland fair? Are they good? How about the lab equipment?

4) The fees apparently have been increasing with each intake? Is this also true?

5) How are the students like? Are they mostly chinese-mandarin speaking like UTAR or is it more multiracial english speaking? Do you like your student life in SeGi?

6) Are SeGi grad students sought after? Are they able to secure jobs within months of graduating?

I hope someone can answer my questions. Thanks you. smile.gif
BaByLengZai91
post Dec 8 2010, 10:22 AM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(Blood.Revenge @ Nov 29 2010, 09:36 PM)
Hi all SeGi College students,

I'm considering SeGi college.  smile.gif

I have a few Questions and I need your help  icon_question.gif

1) I've heard rumour about bad management when I sifted throuh past previous threads (which the replies have dated from 2006,2007,etc). Now it is 2010, has the management improved?

2) I also heard there is a vast difference between the SJ & KD campuses. The students seem to favour the SJ campus as the lecturers are better. Is this true?

3) How do their engineering degrees ie: E&E 3+0, University Sunderland fair? Are they good? How about the lab equipment?

4) The fees apparently have been increasing with each intake? Is this also true?

5) How are the students like? Are they mostly chinese-mandarin speaking like UTAR or is it more multiracial english speaking? Do you like your student life in SeGi?

6) Are SeGi grad students sought after? Are they able to secure jobs within months of graduating?

I hope someone can answer my questions. Thanks you. smile.gif
I need info on this too icon_question.gif

For your question 6, u don't have to worry about jobs as there is an internship training..besides, u r getting a UK cert which is recognised..
Hikari0307
post Dec 8 2010, 12:17 PM

平成の光
4,541 posts

QUOTE(BaByLengZai91 @ Dec 8 2010, 10:22 AM)
I need info on this too icon_question.gif

For your question 6, u don't have to worry about jobs as there is an internship training..besides, u r getting a UK cert which is recognised..
recognized by whom?
fyi 3 years UK BEng are not recognized by the BEM.
BaByLengZai91
post Dec 8 2010, 07:03 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(Hikari0307 @ Dec 8 2010, 12:17 PM)
recognized by whom?
fyi 3 years UK BEng are not recognized by the BEM.
Is this true? how come they are not recognised? Does this affect other fields as well? (e.g accounting)
silrave
post Dec 8 2010, 08:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,836 posts

haiz
i finish study diploma at subang branch haiz
wan to study degree
but the subang branch no offer multimedia studies
go other college study sad need start year 1 degree
BaByLengZai91
post Dec 8 2010, 08:16 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(silrave @ Dec 8 2010, 08:07 PM)
haiz
i finish study diploma at subang branch haiz
wan to study degree
but the subang branch no offer multimedia studies
go other college study sad need start year 1 degree
what about the main campus?
SKY233
post Dec 15 2010, 04:28 PM

u x sukak u keluar
873 posts

I will cont my degree in business & management in penang branch segi.. smile.gif
cheekymonkey
post Dec 19 2010, 10:28 AM

32 posts

hey guys, i have just sign up for the Greenwich programme at SEGI KL. Does anyone been through that programme? how's d lecturers and the course itself?
sharon1991
post Dec 21 2010, 04:40 PM

13 posts

heyy.. i am planning to take the 4+0 psychology course in subang campus. is it recomemmended? will it be hard for me to find job next time?
BaByLengZai91
post Dec 25 2010, 01:20 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(sharon1991 @ Dec 21 2010, 04:40 PM)
heyy.. i am planning to take the 4+0 psychology course in subang campus. is it recomemmended? will it be hard for me to find job next time?
does it have uk cert? have to make sure the cert is recognised in malaysia...
besides, to secure a good job, make sure your cgpa at least 3.0, and maybe u can go for masters after that degree..
mafioso7
post Dec 27 2010, 07:41 PM

2 posts

Can anyone tell me what is the tuition fee for the top-up BA(hons) accounting and financial management degree.

Added on December 27, 2010, 7:42 pmSorry forgot to mention the degree by University of Sunderland at Segi. I am an international student

This post has been edited by mafioso7: Dec 27 2010, 07:42 PM
sky@1013
post Jan 3 2011, 11:22 PM

39 posts

hey,can i ask do segi got bachelor of chem eng?i go search,bt it juz say diploma of chem eng?!!does it mean that i juz can start study diploma??
i have ad take my pre u.
k3ntroxas
post Jan 5 2011, 04:05 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(sky@1013 @ Jan 3 2011, 11:22 PM)
hey,can i ask do segi got bachelor of chem eng?i go search,bt it juz say diploma of chem eng?!!does it mean that i juz can start study diploma??
i have ad take my pre u.
if u finished your pre u , u shld start studying degree not diploma ... maybe what they means is that they not offering Beng there

Added on January 5, 2011, 4:17 pmI,m planing to take computing 3+0 degree awarded by university of greenwich, but after doing some research i found that in fact the university aint actually the top Uni in UK. This worry me so I'm worry with the cert even if its a oversea cert. Can someone please tell me is this Cert can makes much diff in term of employment compared to those local uni cert likes UTAR or MSU those ?

This post has been edited by k3ntroxas: Jan 5 2011, 04:17 PM
BaByLengZai91
post Jan 5 2011, 08:26 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(k3ntroxas @ Jan 5 2011, 04:05 PM)
if u finished your pre u , u shld start studying degree not diploma ... maybe what they means is that they not offering Beng there

Added on January 5, 2011, 4:17 pmI,m planing to take computing 3+0 degree awarded by university of greenwich, but after doing some research i found that in fact the university aint actually the top Uni in UK. This worry me so I'm worry with the cert even if its a oversea cert. Can someone please tell me is this Cert can makes much diff in term of employment compared to those local uni cert likes UTAR or MSU those ?
bro most importantly the cert recognised by the malaysian government can already. No point go for top uni in the world if our government does not recognised the cert.
SKY233
post Jan 20 2011, 11:13 PM

u x sukak u keluar
873 posts

Guys i want to know....
Degree class at Segi Penang juz gt at evening de only?
help !
thx
kailoonthedog
post Mar 16 2011, 09:09 PM

I have no super cow power~~~
2,470 posts

Hello is this thread still alive,actualyl i'm thinking of taking segi 3+0 Bsc (Hons) Computing that twinning with university of greenwich,is it good anybody study it mind share??All i wanted to do is when come out become a programmer for a company,so does this course suitable??And does the course introduce things that is in depth??

Added on March 18, 2011, 5:24 pmhello

This post has been edited by kailoonthedog: Mar 18 2011, 05:24 PM
prudence0428
post Apr 1 2011, 04:23 AM

1 posts

hi..may i know is it good for taking A-Level in SEGi?

Hikari0307
post Apr 1 2011, 09:59 AM

平成の光
4,541 posts

QUOTE(prudence0428 @ Apr 1 2011, 04:23 AM)
hi..may i know is it good for taking A-Level in SEGi?
define: good
cooly
post Apr 1 2011, 10:13 AM

Getting Started
245 posts

only segi got diploma in video and animation?
and wats the fees for this course
sudutgamat
post Apr 3 2011, 11:01 AM

Getting Started
77 posts

how abt segi dip in hotel management? is it good? fee expensive?
tokyotenshi
post Apr 3 2011, 08:27 PM

Getting Started
205 posts

QUOTE(cooly @ Apr 1 2011, 10:13 AM)
for SEGi KD, I don't recommend it.
UserU
post Apr 4 2011, 01:39 AM

CSONLINE2.NET - FREE COUNTER-STRIKE
Group Icon
Elite
5,013 posts

QUOTE(cooly @ Apr 1 2011, 11:13 AM)
If you want a good institution for Animation, you should consider MMU/ TOA/ LKW.

SEGi has that course, and it costs arounf RM25k, if I've not mistaken
m&m's
post Jun 28 2011, 07:52 PM

9 posts

Me n my friends have problem with segi Penang..their course is not accredited and now we're in a limbo if we don't transfer to kl..
BaByLengZai91
post Jun 28 2011, 09:40 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(m&m's @ Jun 28 2011, 07:52 PM)
Me n my friends have problem with segi Penang..their course is not accredited and now we're in a limbo if we don't transfer to kl..
what course is it? and I thought that all their campuses which offers the same course are accredited?
corner 69
post Aug 29 2011, 02:25 PM

48 posts

How about ADP in segi KL? anyone doing ADP in segi.
seanwc101
post Aug 29 2011, 02:49 PM

Casual
346 posts

Try to avoid segi kuching campus. really bad staff and student management.
lawtm
post Aug 31 2011, 12:07 PM

Asus G53SX-IX113V i7-2670QM (4 core)-2.2GHz (Turbo up to 2.9) NV
1,215 posts

i heard fees damn expensive izzit. actually segi college got how many branch in malaysia??? i know kuching and subang got segi college
BaByLengZai91
post Aug 31 2011, 12:22 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(lawtm @ Aug 31 2011, 12:07 PM)
i heard fees damn expensive izzit. actually segi college got how many branch in malaysia??? i know kuching and subang got segi college
Segi is kinda cheap...depends on which course u are referring to... they got branches in Penang, Sarawak, KL, Subang, and the main campus is in Kota Damansara...
seanwc101
post Aug 31 2011, 01:54 PM

Casual
346 posts

In kuching got 2 campuses/faculties - I'm not sure what to call them. The nursing campus/faculty is fine but the main campus/faculty got many problems. Student fail due to mistake made by lecturer, lost student transcript, principle attitude is bad, etc.

This post has been edited by seanwc101: Aug 31 2011, 01:55 PM
corner 69
post Sep 1 2011, 07:00 PM

48 posts

How is segi KL?
Jjdesu
post Sep 1 2011, 10:27 PM

Casual
481 posts

segi at anywhere also same lousy one
Unwell
post Sep 1 2011, 10:54 PM

23 posts

Pay a little more for higher reputation institute if you want to be recognized by big companies.
corner 69
post Sep 2 2011, 01:11 PM

48 posts

So you mean that student who studied in segi will not be recognized by big companies is it.
Unwell
post Sep 2 2011, 10:51 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(corner 69 @ Sep 2 2011, 01:11 PM)
So you mean that student who studied in segi will not be recognized by big companies is it.
Hardly. Try ask those UOG programme graduates, most likely you will get negative feedback from them. But you get what you paid for right? Btw, im talking about their acc/finance programme, not segi as a whole. Who knows some of their programme is really good. smile.gif
corner 69
post Sep 4 2011, 07:44 PM

48 posts

QUOTE(Unwell @ Sep 2 2011, 10:51 PM)
Hardly. Try ask those UOG programme graduates, most likely you will get negative feedback from them. But you get what you paid for right? Btw, im talking about their acc/finance programme, not segi as a whole. Who knows some of their programme is really good.  smile.gif
Oh i dont know anyone from segi. You mean the acc/finance programme in all the segi campus is crap is it. How about ADP programme, anything you know.
BaByLengZai91
post Sep 5 2011, 12:59 AM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(corner 69 @ Sep 4 2011, 07:44 PM)
Oh i dont know anyone from segi. You mean the acc/finance programme in all the segi campus is crap is it. How about ADP programme, anything you know.
I am from Segi KL campus doing UOG Acc & Finan first year. I used to do my foundation studies in Nilai UC then I came over here, and if I compare SEGi UC and Nilai UC's Acc & Finan degree, SEGi's is a whole load of crap. Even my foundation itself in Nilai is much more better than SEGi's (compared the standard with my classmates who used to study in SEGi)

I am not sure about the ADP programme in KL campus..I know a friend who is currently studying it and I wont mind helping you to ask about the experiences...

All in all, you get what you paid for (good things dont come in cheap), and in the end it is whether you get a job or not in the future is the thing that matters smile.gif

Added on September 5, 2011, 1:02 am
QUOTE(Unwell @ Sep 2 2011, 10:51 PM)
Hardly. Try ask those UOG programme graduates, most likely you will get negative feedback from them. But you get what you paid for right? Btw, im talking about their acc/finance programme, not segi as a whole. Who knows some of their programme is really good.  smile.gif
So far I havent known any seniors yet.. but SEGi in the past (back then known as Systematic College) used to rival Tar college's accounting programme...

Now with Sunway and Taylors around, cant compare between these two separate worlds in terms of standard..

This post has been edited by BaByLengZai91: Sep 5 2011, 01:02 AM
sokryswaslike
post Sep 5 2011, 01:50 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

Whoa, UOG A&F programme that bad, huh?
Currently doing diploma in SEGi and hoping to transfer to Sunway for degree. :/
rudyhang
post Sep 10 2011, 10:07 PM

20 posts

If segi degree accounting/finance UOG tht bad? are the others tenessy and abertay dundee better?
BaByLengZai91
post Sep 11 2011, 01:39 AM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(rudyhang @ Sep 10 2011, 10:07 PM)
If segi degree accounting/finance UOG tht bad? are the others tenessy and abertay dundee better?
U mean teesside university... go check the uk ranking for unis..uog, teesside compete for the last 10 place in the uk ranking. u think they are good?

Not sure bout abertay dundee's ranking though.. but abertay dundee have less exemption from cima and acca..so not worth compared to doing uog..

Actually among these three, uog is considered good adi..
corner 69
post Sep 12 2011, 08:30 PM

48 posts

[quote=BaByLengZai91,Sep 5 2011, 12:59 AM]
I am from Segi KL campus doing UOG Acc & Finan first year. I used to do my foundation studies in Nilai UC then I came over here, and if I compare SEGi UC and Nilai UC's Acc & Finan degree, SEGi's is a whole load of crap. Even my foundation itself in Nilai is much more better than SEGi's (compared the standard with my classmates who used to study in SEGi)

I am not sure about the ADP programme in KL campus..I know a friend who is currently studying it and I wont mind helping you to ask about the experiences...

All in all, you get what you paid for (good things dont come in cheap), and in the end it is whether you get a job or not in the future is the thing that matters smile.gif

Will be nice if you can help me by asking your friend about his/her experiences doing ADP rclxm9.gif Btw your friend just only started the ADP program is it? what year?
yeelin04
post Sep 19 2011, 06:51 PM

✈ Look at all my stars ✈
3,116 posts

graduated my Degree at Segi under UOSunderland on Jun'11

now waiting for my convo on November'11

*i miss SEGi so much, too bad they dont offer ACCA/Languages classes if not sure i will continue my studies there*
cmyzhu
post Sep 19 2011, 08:59 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

Hi everyone. Has anyone heard anything about Medicine (MBBS) course at Segi KD?

Are the rumours true about Segi KD having a lot of problems? The problems are in one course only or most courses? Some even said that there are problems with getting a job after that? What about problems with lecturers that were mentioned?

Please verify for me. The problems are for all courses or what?

This post has been edited by cmyzhu: Sep 19 2011, 09:00 PM
BaByLengZai91
post Sep 19 2011, 11:07 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(yeelin04 @ Sep 19 2011, 06:51 PM)

*i miss SEGi so much, too bad they dont offer ACCA/Languages classes if not sure i will continue my studies there*
Hi,

SEGi got offer ACCA o.... about the languages I am not so sure...

Added on September 19, 2011, 11:25 pm
QUOTE(cmyzhu @ Sep 19 2011, 08:59 PM)
Hi everyone. Has anyone heard anything about Medicine (MBBS) course at Segi KD?

Are the rumours true about Segi KD having a lot of problems? The problems are in one course only or most courses? Some even said that there are problems with getting a job after that? What about problems with lecturers that were mentioned?

Please verify for me. The problems are for all courses or what?
Hi,

It is not the problem with the course. SEGi offers affordable fees for their courses, which is why some say their standard/level is not good enough (how much do you expect to get from there?). Personally, I do not think there are course problems but it is their management systems... basically we can say overall, not just on one individual course...my BAAF (Accounting & Finance) itself got problems...

About the lecturers, these are very subjective o.. is depend on people 1...some lecturer good and some not really that good smile.gif

About the jobs, I haven't graduate myself and work before so I am not sure...

Hope those cleared your doubts smile.gif

This post has been edited by BaByLengZai91: Sep 19 2011, 11:25 PM
Buyonerer
post Sep 20 2011, 12:16 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

whats your problem,buddy?
BaByLengZai91
post Sep 20 2011, 12:23 AM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(Buyonerer @ Sep 20 2011, 12:16 AM)
whats your problem,buddy?
Me? I am giving my advice and opinions to others, don't mind me sweat.gif I am a student there myself, so I will try my best to help smile.gif
H4XF4XTOR
post Sep 20 2011, 10:55 AM

【ツ】PANDAMON 【ツ】
3,075 posts

i though theres a thread similar like this but that one bashing Segi.. maybe you should visit that thread and talk with that guy
cmyzhu
post Sep 20 2011, 12:29 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

QUOTE(BaByLengZai91Sep 20 2011 @ 11:52 AM)
Hi,

It is not the problem with the course. SEGi offers affordable fees for their courses, which is why some say their standard/level is not good enough (how much do you expect to get from there?). Personally, I do not think there are course problems but it is their management systems... basically we can say overall, not just on one individual course...my BAAF (Accounting & Finance) itself got problems...

About the lecturers, these are very subjective o.. is depend on people 1...some lecturer good and some not really that good smile.gif

About the jobs, I haven't graduate myself and work before so I am not sure...

Hope those cleared your doubts smile.gif
Ic ic.. So far I've heard the seniors from medicine said that the lecturers are quite good as they pay a lot of attention to students. However I am not sure if it' worth taking a risk to study there. I have other choice like Taylor's University but then again it's a new course there. I have not heard anything regarding medicine course at Taylor's but all I've heard are bad comments from Segi. It's really a dilemma for me.

ABout management problems, I believe almost every uni has it. It's not a problem if it does not affect the quality of education.

This post has been edited by cmyzhu: Sep 20 2011, 12:32 PM
BaByLengZai91
post Sep 20 2011, 12:51 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(cmyzhu @ Sep 20 2011, 12:29 PM)
Ic ic.. So far I've heard the seniors from medicine said that the lecturers are quite good as they pay a lot of attention to students. However I am not sure if it' worth taking a risk to study there. I have other choice like Taylor's University but then again it's a new course there. I have not heard anything regarding medicine course at Taylor's but all I've heard are bad comments from Segi. It's really a dilemma for me.

ABout management problems, I believe almost every uni has it. It's not a problem if it does not affect the quality of education.
If you are interested in medicine, did you look at IMU? SEGi is very affordable, it is for those who are on tight budget..if you can afford, you might wanna look somewhere else smile.gif
cmyzhu
post Sep 20 2011, 03:11 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

QUOTE(BaByLengZai91 @ Sep 20 2011, 12:51 PM)
If you are interested in medicine, did you look at IMU? SEGi is very affordable, it is for those who are on tight budget..if you can afford, you might wanna look somewhere else smile.gif
Haha, I am on a tight budget. That's why I am looking at Segi and Taylor's.
sheilameow
post Sep 20 2011, 03:29 PM

39 posts

go to SEGI UC la...kota damansara's
cmyzhu
post Sep 20 2011, 03:53 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

QUOTE(sheilameow @ Sep 20 2011, 03:29 PM)
go to SEGI UC la...kota damansara's
Huh? Why?
BaByLengZai91
post Sep 20 2011, 04:59 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

On tight budget still can go to Taylors'? wink.gif

cmyzhu
post Sep 21 2011, 11:09 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

QUOTE(BaByLengZai91 @ Sep 20 2011, 04:59 PM)
On tight budget still can go to Taylors'?  wink.gif
Haha, because Taylor's has offered me scholarship for medicine =)
SJ Min
post Sep 22 2011, 12:18 AM

14 posts

does segi college got ACCA professional course?

Added on September 22, 2011, 11:00 amsegi, may i ask got ACCA pro-course here? how was the fees?

This post has been edited by SJ Min: Sep 22 2011, 11:00 AM
corner 69
post Sep 23 2011, 01:10 AM

48 posts

QUOTE(yeelin04 @ Sep 19 2011, 06:51 PM)

which campus? biggrin.gif
HaoYuan
post Sep 27 2011, 01:12 PM

Kai Qi Baby
1,401 posts

[quote=corner 69,Sep 12 2011, 08:30 PM]
[quote=BaByLengZai91,Sep 5 2011, 12:59 AM]

Will be nice if you can help me by asking your friend about his/her experiences doing ADP rclxm9.gif Btw your friend just only started the ADP program is it? what year?

[/quote]

[quote=SJ Min,Sep 22 2011, 12:18 AM]
does segi college got ACCA professional course?

Added on September 22, 2011, 11:00 amsegi, may i ask got ACCA pro-course here? how was the fees?

[/quote]

Segi got offer ACCA courses.

they start to offer professional courses before move to others programme
corner 69
post Sep 30 2011, 11:03 PM

48 posts

How does ADP T-shirt look like? anyone had used it before?
yeelin04
post Oct 5 2011, 05:28 PM

✈ Look at all my stars ✈
3,116 posts

QUOTE(BaByLengZai91 @ Sep 19 2011, 11:07 PM)
Hi,

SEGi got offer ACCA o.... about the languages I am not so sure...

What is wrong with u?

It depends which SEGi Campus lah ok? I've already enquire about ACCA before, they don't offer in KD and SJ campus.

Pls check b4 commenting saying SEGi offers ACCA.

QUOTE(corner 69 @ Sep 23 2011, 01:10 AM)
which campus? biggrin.gif

SEGi Sj

This post has been edited by yeelin04: Oct 5 2011, 05:29 PM
BaByLengZai91
post Oct 5 2011, 09:11 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(yeelin04 @ Oct 5 2011, 05:28 PM)
What is wrong with u?

It depends which SEGi Campus lah ok? I've already enquire about ACCA before, they don't offer in KD and SJ campus.

Pls check b4 commenting saying SEGi offers ACCA.
SEGi Sj
They DID offer ACCA.. and I din even specify which campus and so do you.. did you ask which campus when you state the question? no?

And you said they do not offer ACCA.. you are wrong.. they DO offer ACCA but in different campuses
yeelin04
post Oct 6 2011, 08:22 PM

✈ Look at all my stars ✈
3,116 posts

QUOTE(BaByLengZai91 @ Oct 5 2011, 09:11 PM)
They DID offer ACCA.. and I din even specify which campus and so do you.. did you ask which campus when you state the question? no?

And you said they do not offer ACCA.. you are wrong.. they DO offer ACCA but in different campuses
I stated I grad under UOSunderland!!!

Not ALL Segi offer UOSunderland, neither did u state which SEGi offer ACCA too!!

Well next time state properly. FYI, I asked SEGi admin which campus offer ACCA, they said SEGi does not offer ACCA!! Booyah!!
LOK3LOK3
post Oct 21 2011, 07:48 AM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(yeelin04 @ Oct 6 2011, 08:22 PM)
I stated I grad under UOSunderland!!!

Not ALL Segi offer UOSunderland, neither did u state which SEGi offer ACCA too!!

Well next time state properly. FYI, I asked SEGi admin which campus offer ACCA, they said SEGi does not offer ACCA!! Booyah!!
For KL campus,(not sure for other campus) they DID offer ACCA before

but they close down the course since most students did bad in the exam (well one of the SEGi lecturer told me)
bb100
post Oct 31 2011, 01:51 PM

Editable...finally!
1,439 posts

Search for SeGi College threads posted by current and former SeGi students here... You will find all the information you need.
Mihawk7
post Oct 31 2011, 05:03 PM

Enthusiast
943 posts

is the report on the shooting true? that is very scary
sugar angel
post Feb 22 2012, 04:17 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(Jjdesu @ Sep 1 2011, 11:27 PM)
segi at anywhere also same lousy one
pls is segi good in IT and do they do intenship there

Added on February 22, 2012, 4:20 am