Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hobbies Smoker / Tobaccos (Pipe, Rolling, Cigar) Thread, Adult Hobby / Below 18 are not allowed !

views

G-17
post Oct 21 2018, 09:38 AM

Securely Paranoid
1,748 posts

Anyone can recommend a good, dark RYO tobacco similar to the old Mac Baren (with the leaf on the packaging) Halfzware?

My old favourite "blend" was to mix Old Holborn and Mac Baren Halfzware. Sadly, none of the shops I know sell Mac Baren Halfzware anymore. They only have the fruity flavoured Mac Barens these days. I tried Drum, but it's just not the same. Actually, I think Drum quality has gone down over the years (while the price has gone up). I'm looking for that dark, full-bodied Kentucky flavour.

Thinking of trying Van Nelle Zware Shag. Any other recs?

This post has been edited by G-17: Oct 21 2018, 09:40 AM
bakry
post Dec 6 2018, 04:33 PM

Casual
385 posts

Thread still alive?

quick question, anyone tried rolling their tobacco mixed with flowers?
read somewhere online that some people do this.
ShadowR1
post Jan 9 2020, 06:20 PM

Im still HeRe ...
1,705 posts

Dear Cigars lover, can anyone recommend me some ?

Here's the thing, CNY is around the corner and my FIL and one of my best friend is coming over and they are cigars lover.

So I was thinking to have a few at home for them but I have no idea what nor where to buy.
chaos32
post Jan 10 2020, 11:40 PM

Casual
485 posts

QUOTE(ShadowR1 @ Jan 9 2020, 06:20 PM)

Here's the thing, CNY is around the corner and my FIL and one of my best friend is coming over and they are cigars lover.

So I was thinking to have a few at home for them but I have no idea what nor where to buy.
The range is so wide it really depends on budget and taste. Perhaps a visit to the Cigar Lounge or Cigar Malaysia could make choosing easier.

This post has been edited by chaos32: Jan 11 2020, 09:57 PM
eugenetwh
post Jan 11 2020, 04:08 PM

On my way
674 posts

anyone know where can i get american spirit RYO in KL?
kslian
post Feb 10 2020, 01:54 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

I switched for about a year now. Clothes/house/car no smell. In fact, I couldnt take the smell of ciggie smokers who may be smoking next to me, or walking behind me.

Some side effects which I noted. Weight gain and dry/cracked lips - not sure if this is a common thing. My other iqos smoking friends have the cracked lips issue as well, which seems to be mitigated when he switched to neo sticks.

Cleaning - I use the paper gasket. Much more easier to clean. And I change i daily. I also use one of the OEM dunno what liquid cleaner which I do so once a week or so. Turns my black blade to white.
ROSS_Solar
post Apr 27 2020, 03:08 PM

Getting Started
219 posts

QUOTE(muhamka90 @ Feb 10 2020, 01:37 PM)
Good day everyone, hoping I would find Iqos enthusiasts here. 
I have quit smoking for 7-8 months now and been switching to Iqos in order to fulfill my nicotine crave with lesser harmful effects. (Because Iqos heats instead of burns)

However not sure if I am lazy, but I find lots of hassle in cleaning the Iqos Device. So for all Iqos users, I would like to know

1) How often do you clean your Iqos?

2) Is it troublesome to clean? (Usually we do have to get antibacterial swabs too)
I've tried that, but didn't like the taste...
Besides, all those heating cartridges tend to increase synthetic/organic nicotine ratio in favor of synthetics.
I decided to stay with RYO
asrafzonan
post Jun 28 2020, 05:56 PM

47 posts

Any /k here ever been to The Humidor at Putrajaya?
Know the cigar they have and price as well?
steeltoe49 P
post Dec 2 2020, 03:48 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(ShadowR1 @ Jan 9 2020, 06:20 PM)

Go for Montecristo, Cohiba, Romeo Y Julieta, Partagas.. these might be a bit expensive, but they're no more expansive than the overpriced Davidoff cigars.
steeltoe49 P
post Dec 2 2020, 03:52 PM

Probation
0 posts

Anyone here know where I can get tobacco pipes & pipe tobacco in Sarawak & Sabah?

If possible, contact numbers too.. then you very much in advance
ShadowR1
post Dec 2 2020, 04:00 PM

Im still HeRe ...
1,705 posts

QUOTE(steeltoe49 @ Dec 2 2020, 03:48 PM)
Go for Montecristo, Cohiba, Romeo Y Julieta, Partagas.. these might be a bit expensive, but they're no more expansive than the overpriced Davidoff cigars.
I go for those ... Fil approved biggrin.gif
Lada Putih
post May 21 2021, 06:43 PM

Getting Started
201 posts

Ho
Im a pipe smoker
Im thinking of getting plaster of paris to do some diy on my cob,
Are thise pop pelasta good to go??

Currently im thinking of coating my cob with it, let it sit for a while and then apply shellac onto them, and then buff em up with 800 400 200 grit sandpaper

39 Pages « < 37 38 39Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0177sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:03 PM