ANEMOS ZIPPY...

the construction
http://www.77bike.com/bbs/read.php?tid=83112
now camp here adi?
butthead
post Aug 19 2013, 04:27 PM

On my way
593 posts

good... good... dun go overboard with this stuff...
butthead
post Aug 19 2013, 04:29 PM

On my way
593 posts

haha... tats dangerous...

folding bike got too many temptatious things to pasang...
butthead
post Aug 20 2013, 03:11 PM

On my way
593 posts

cyclists nowadays are fixated to speed... wats wrong with those guys doh.gif
butthead
post Aug 20 2013, 03:28 PM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(samosaurus @ Aug 20 2013, 03:17 PM)
Depends on their bike usage..

If all they want is speed, can always get UCI license and take part in road races.. That way, can justify with a record and some medals on the wall as motivation..

There's always leisure cycling and other aspects of cycling that are not speed-related.. Try bikepacking, bikecamping and touring..

Sam
yeah... i mean there is no need for any acknowledgement... can't they jus enjoy the ride...

everywhere i turn.. it's people talking i was averaging this and that on that road.. and i was overtaking this slowpoke and that...

dude, not everything in this world is a competition... they are taking the fun out of riding a foldie... and i don't understand why they bought a foldie in the first place if they are talking about chasing down people riding road bikes and stuff...

a total smack in the head, this is sometimes..

This post has been edited by butthead: Aug 20 2013, 03:39 PM
butthead
post Aug 20 2013, 05:16 PM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(samosaurus @ Aug 20 2013, 04:42 PM)
Hahaha!!! New riders la.. Haven't found their niche yet..

Changing tires, wheelset, groupset, add crank and chainring as big as a scooter wheel to climb coconut trees, put everything carbon fibre on the folding bike, won't change anything if you are an unfit cyclist.

Folding bikes are for people who want to take things easy. Some bikes are made to perform and go "fast", but how fast? Well, the bike is as good as the cyclist la..

Based on experience, most newcomer who gets a folding bike and wanted to go fast, overtake road bikes, superbikes, buses, trains and jet fighters would usually end up on a road bike or give up cycling entirely.. Macam tu la..
short attention span.. the problem with the people of this age...

anyways.. the most important thing is to enjoy the scenery of a beautiful ride...not the bulbous ass of another rider that you are trying to overtake...

QUOTE(samosaurus @ Aug 20 2013, 04:42 PM)
You are looking at the wrong places la.. Pedalspot near Taman Megah in SS2 carries Java Fit. Try www.pedalspot.com.my where you can get more information..
just give phone number direct lar...

call 03-7877 0450 and ask for Yeap...haha...

QUOTE(dc_hunter @ Aug 20 2013, 04:46 PM)
Thanks Bro... just called them and they quote me RM1650. Not sure that is the cheapest they can provide or not...
don't take phone prices as final.. they usually won't reveal the discounted price on the phone.. go there, nego nego a bit and you might get slightly lower price or some items to go along with the bike...

butthead
post Aug 20 2013, 05:25 PM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(theotheryun @ Aug 20 2013, 04:56 PM)
i guess being positively competitive is ok
just talking bad or talking down to other cyclist dats not ok
anyway as long as its for de love n joy of cycling
aniting,evriting or noting will do tongue.gif hehe

cheers
there is no such thing as positively competitive... sooner or later, face will turn sour and then friendship turns weird and you know how that storyline goes...

our group ride used to consists of a bunch of guys riding side by side most of the time.. sometimes as ridiculous as 3 rider wide on the road and just chit chatting along the way.. .nowadays.. you see people drafting, single file...at the end of the ride.. they then brag about who was riding like a monster and stuff like that...

where is the fun in that...

it's very evident nowadays as if you try to follow any wheel you see on the road... they give it all their might to lose you... very strange...competition has been taken a tad too seriously nowadays...

QUOTE(samosaurus @ Aug 20 2013, 05:02 PM)
Insecurity happens when people start to compare what they have with others.. That's where cycling is no more fun and becomes a plain ego-stroking thing..

Sam
humans are never satisfied... that's the biggest problem when we are given a more "advanced brain"

other than the self analytical part... there is also the constant hustling of your mates to buy this and that...that's what we call mutual poisoning...

cycling has become much more equipment obsessed nowadays than many years ago...no one is ever satisfied with what they own...

butthead
post Aug 20 2013, 05:28 PM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(dc_hunter @ Aug 20 2013, 05:19 PM)
i will go and have a touch and feel on this java as well as the HASA.
sounds like you want to sexually harass the bike... haha...

take your time and survey around... there is a lot of choices like H2D says..the models like dahon p8 does not interest you??? i think that is not too far away from java's price and dahon should have a better build, does it not? at least a much more sturdy hinge...

anyways, not a foldie expert... dun listen to my advise..haha

butthead
post Aug 22 2013, 04:54 PM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(samosaurus @ Aug 22 2013, 03:13 PM)
If you plan your purchase right, you end up with a good bike, without any worries about upgrading parts and components...

Very few people get it right the first time and enjoy cycling their bikes without bothering about upgrades. The longer you ride your bike, the more you would like it..

Sam
typically.. when someone tries to save money during the initial purchase... they often end up spending loads more after that...

but then, the complicated part here is... how would you know what is right for you??

so, i blame it solely on the insatiable human satisfaction...we are never born to be ever satisfied with anything...
butthead
post Aug 22 2013, 10:50 PM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(samosaurus @ Aug 22 2013, 06:20 PM)
Fuah Mr Butthead, very philosophical la.. hahaha!!!  rclxms.gif

One who can find contentment would always end up getting it right..

That's why we must go in with a clear thought, knowing what we want and making full use of it..

By investing in a good bike, you minimise the needs for upgrades and maximise its usage.. Good stuff makes a difference by performing better..

Sam
no lar... jus years of turning in roundabouts only...

in theory, yes... it is good to know what you want so your goals are clear.. but in actual fact, it is easier said than done when differencing opinions from multiple parties make life ever more confusing...

there is no guide book to getting the right bike and more money definitely does not mean the right bike...as with everything in life.. needs a bit of experimenting, failure, persistence to get to that point of so called self satisfaction for most of the bike geeks...sometimes, more often disappointment than pleasure in doing so...

so, the only advice i can tell people is.. always treat your first bike as an experiment...don't be sour because it does not turn up the way you expect it to... it is the vessel to where you find your footing in cycling..
butthead
post Aug 23 2013, 05:18 PM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(samosaurus @ Aug 23 2013, 03:45 PM)
My wife and I are riding our 24" Terns in Kuala Kubu Baru tomorrow.. I will be going to FRIM on Sunday with my full-suspension 20" Dahon..

user posted image
you happy la... wife join you to cycle... i guess most girls would rather be walking until they get blisters in shopping complex that riding with a bunch of sweaty dudes tongue.gif

at least there is mutual hobbies other than watching movies and enjoying a good cuppa coffee at the starbucks...
butthead
post Aug 30 2013, 10:52 AM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(adriankhoo153 @ Aug 30 2013, 09:02 AM)
For roadie aka road bike, you may get more roadie kaki here

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2913054
uhh... i think there is more talk of nonsense there than actual riding (so, no high expectations eh)... haha... roadies are not the fun bunch.. .if you want fun... join the foldies.. they are the fun people who ride, stop, talk, laugh, continue riding, stop again, stuff face, continue riding somemore...

with roadies.. it's banzai all the way and then by the end of the day... you are too puffed out to even recall what happened...

QUOTE(samosaurus @ Aug 30 2013, 10:34 AM)
All good things said and done, there are more people who are interested in folding bikes today. There are also more choices in terms of brands, make and models. This was not possible five years ago..
yeah... my first dahon costed a bomb to me... that was some more than 10 years ago when i got it at "the mall" when it was still called the mall...

now... a cnc machined kickstand alone could have killed 1/3 of the cost of the bike back than...fuah!!! imagine my shock when i saw those stuff... it's a crazy world if you got dragged too deep into the crazy parts of blinging your foldie out..

QUOTE(samosaurus @ Aug 30 2013, 10:34 AM)
Seeing as it is, we have to be responsible in sharing information. Even with the examples shown, people are still shy in riding a bike with small wheels..

user posted image
other than perception...potholes is the main headline with those things... have to be extra careful with it...

This post has been edited by butthead: Aug 30 2013, 10:53 AM
butthead
post Aug 30 2013, 11:28 AM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(samosaurus @ Aug 30 2013, 11:13 AM)
Ahh.. Mr Butthead!  rclxms.gif Can always count on you for your wise words..  notworthy.gif

"The Mall", you mean the shopping centre near PWTC ka? Man, that's ancient... Which model are you riding?

As a Foldie, my motivation is to explore places, makan, enjoy the great company among my peers and makan and makan and makan..  thumbup.gif

The Tanjung Rambutan experience is never the same without a foldie.. Well, the fat guy on the left tipu because he cycles a Surly Long Haul Trucker touring bike..

We ride, we eat, we are Foldies!

Happiness, is a bike and a long ride with great food at the end of the journey.. Hahahah

Sam
when you go to the roadie thread.. my words don't look so wise no more.. haha...

yup.. the mall at pwtc...the shop sells exercise equipment or something like that.. it's called something else now i think... never been there a long time...

wah... wat model ar... that thing is like ancient history now.. dun even know where it went already.. i don't even know what model it was when i bought it... i was a total blockhead way back then (late 90s)... and that bike started me cycling which was a happy thing for my parents as i don't exercise as a kid... and then later to cause them massive regrets in later years as i disappear from the house even before they wake up to go riding...

i only remember they had 2 models back then.. and they are the same thing... only the more expensive one had some fancy weights on the spokes which automatically changes your gear for you as you go faster... and my cheap one costed me (actually my parents) 1.8k back then... seriously dumb purchase if i think back on it... but then, it was the only place that had that folding bike last time... so... i dunno...

after that.. i went on to MTB and then roadie and riding life has never been any sweeter since...

it's good to ride expecting a big Hershey bar awaiting you at the end of the road as a reward...nowadays, it's just ride your nuts off.. look at the computer to find out that you've ride this and this and this, and climbed that and that and that.. where's the fun in that...
user posted image
literally speaking...

This post has been edited by butthead: Aug 30 2013, 11:32 AM
butthead
post Aug 30 2013, 11:47 AM

On my way
593 posts

jus a curious question samo... you work as a journalist at the star?

i remember reading an article on riding to work and you mentioned phileo damansara and from somewhere you mentioned something about a gym... and then the picture of you on top with the star shirt...

i know the star office has a gymnasium for their staffers... so, putting 2 and 2 together... jus guessin...
butthead
post Aug 30 2013, 02:27 PM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(adriankhoo153 @ Aug 30 2013, 12:33 PM)
Sam ah? His famous Samo-scale on makan makan mah. Just yesterday The Star he features Jonny sebelah kedai kopi. Haha
wats better than good food beside your bike shop right..

QUOTE(samosaurus @ Aug 30 2013, 12:37 PM)
Hahaha... Guilty as charged!

user posted image

What I actually do in The Star..  shocking.gif

user posted image

Cycling at work is fun!  thumbup.gif

Sam  shocking.gif
don't let your bosses see those horsing around pix...

the star has some big shake ups this recent years eh.. i heard the Group CEO left and now, your COO also leaving... you guys must be having too much fun there... haha

This post has been edited by butthead: Aug 30 2013, 02:33 PM
butthead
post Aug 30 2013, 06:12 PM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(samosaurus @ Aug 30 2013, 05:21 PM)
Hahahha!!!!! That one, I let the bosses worry la.. We are merely minions, bbbbaaabbbaaabbannnannnnaaannnnnannnnnaaaa...

Sam
yeah also lar... why worry about those stuff...

jus ride until you get warned...
butthead
post Sep 5 2013, 05:30 PM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(H2D @ Sep 3 2013, 04:58 PM)
v brake elbow/noodle... easily get rusted...
colourful replacement..
user posted image
wah... we used to use the noodle and bend it in order to guide the cable into the RD... we felt it was smoother... not scientifically proven though

user posted image
digs up old memories...
butthead
post Oct 9 2013, 01:24 PM

On my way
593 posts

QUOTE(zeliustitan @ Oct 9 2013, 11:31 AM)
All I can say, if you provide awesome customer service, your customer will return to you no matter how far they stay.

My friend went to MBS to ask for a price of something. But he ended up bought the same stuff from other shop and cost him extra Rm 10. He said he doesn't mind the extra as long as he gets friendly treatment as first time buyer.

Well, first impression is the most important for customer!
who doesn't like to be given attention??? for a fact...

sometimes, you need to know if the shop is jus "saying things that you like to hear" or are they really treating you as a respectable customer... i don't bother about this member, kawan, premium customer, sort of BS... they still want my money at the end of the day and that's a fact...

if i am wat they said i am...would they trust me to bring home their most expensive bike in the shop for a trial ride for 2 days? i doubt so...

for me... the relationship between myself as a customer and the shop is purely simple... business...i don't need them to sweet talk me...

if i have done my homework before i go to them... then there is less likely a chance they can influence my decision at the shop.. and they would have to do more work in trying to convince me to buy a certain something rather than just telling me a certain something is "sweet", "sedap", "fast", "light", "chun"... it means nothing, i hate those words.... tell me something a bit more concrete....

i don't mind a healthy discussion and debate with concrete facts... but having to tell me unquantifiable words to describe a certain something really does not work for me...

QUOTE(Halia @ Oct 9 2013, 11:56 AM)
Those customer service experience needs not to be taken it too seriously.  We have to accept the fact that bike shops tend to treat those 'regular shoppers'/member or kaki of the same riding community much better than 'new cyclist' or 'drop in' customers.  This situation make worst when the bike shop put on their stereotype customer scanning that suppose to 'help' them to decide if you are 'genuine/serious' buyers.  Look around the established bike shops in Klang Valley - the one in Tmn Megah, Uptown Damasara and TTDI.  If one to be critical, you can said that they all have some kind of attitude!  These bike shops over times have formed a close knit relation with their loyal customer/riding kaki.  A 'new customer' may very well felt out of place and feel uncomfortable.  My tip is that to established yourself and your authority, joint their ride and beat them in their game (try) then they will take note on you.  Keep up the ride
i mean, if you put yourself in their shoes... one can't help because the shop can't satisfy everyone... they do have to gauge their customers to see if they are legit buyers or they are just there to do a price check...

having to waste a bulk of their time talking to someone who don't spend a cent at their shop while they piss off another prospect customer isn't a sound plan to them and let's not deny that they open a business at the end of the day to make money not to keep you and i happy...

so, in order to be fair... i personally would not want to ask too much of anything if i am not interested in the first place to buy anything from them.. if i am really there to do a price check... i just ask the price and maybe a 2nd try at getting a better price... if it doesn't suit me, walk away.. no point chatting them up on the product if i am not interested... at the end of the day, if i do this repeatedly... i might get noticed and the next time i visit the shop, i might get cold shoulders from them even when i am really interested to get something from them...

well, everyone has their preferences... can't say it's wrong if you like salesperson to sweet talk you... but, it's a two way thing at the end of the day...if you don't like it in the first place... the would not have been kept you on the hook...

This post has been edited by butthead: Oct 9 2013, 01:31 PM

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0685sec    0.39    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:52 PM