Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Folding Bicycles v2, Dahon, Tern, Java, Oribike, Bromptons

views

TSearl-ku
post Oct 1 2013, 04:11 AM

Chlorophiliac
4,583 posts

QUOTE(KrankZ @ Oct 1 2013, 03:58 AM)
guys, do u have any idea when can i buy bromptom in customize?
when? if you have the cash ... go get it anytime you want ... as long as the shop is open ... LOL
TSearl-ku
post Oct 1 2013, 10:08 PM

Chlorophiliac
4,583 posts

QUOTE(adriankhoo153 @ Oct 1 2013, 09:01 AM)
Yesterday was riding with my friend on tarmac slightly downhill. I am in front and suddenly my fren crashed on head. How it happen according to him he duno why do sudden brake and it flip. (LGS bike).
Had a head trauma, broken teeth, crack finger and and blood from face etc. Blackout for a few seconds.
When I bring him to Clinic, he keep on asking me repeated question such as what day is today, are we riding together, and he cant remember anything except being in the office. (short term memory loss/lapse)
Then after cleaning injury, clinic suggest to go hospital. Go Columbia Asia Bandar Puteri, check by emergency dept (9pm) and ask me to go Sunway Medical as they doesn't have neuro-surgent there. When otw to CA, he finally started to gain back his memory. I thought he is back to norm but nope, it doesn't. Now he keep on repeating what he had jes said over and over again.
Reached Sunway, x-ray arm and found crack on finger and need plastering. X-Ray on head and lucky no problem after being checked by Neuro-surgent. Jes something like head trauma where patient suffer short term memory lost and will be back to normal after a few hours. What he did in short time, he couldn't remember. Admitted for a day for observation.
Later will go visit him again.. Freak me out. Now wan to cycle also takut takut a bit liau..
damn ...

how is he doing now man?
TSearl-ku
post Oct 2 2013, 04:19 AM

Chlorophiliac
4,583 posts

QUOTE(H2D @ Oct 1 2013, 03:46 PM)

Bicycle Safety : How to not get hit by cars.

http://bicyclesafe.com/

should pin this... earl-ku

tho diagram is for left hand drive..
just reverse it...  biggrin.gif
will put it up ...
TSearl-ku
post Oct 3 2013, 12:45 AM

Chlorophiliac
4,583 posts

QUOTE(budgee @ Oct 3 2013, 12:31 AM)
I am now quite settled in to cycling to work from PJ to KL.  In the mornings will find me cycling to KL.  In the evenings after work, whether I cycle back will depend on what time I knock off and whether I have to rush to pick up my wife or not.  If I have to rush, or if it rains, I will fold my bike and take the LRT back.

So yesterday, after a close relative asked for a loan, I withdrew a lump sum of money to be given later in the night.
So after work, as usual, I took my 16 inch two wheeler, and got down to cycling the 13 km home.
It was nice and cooling as it had rained earlier.  Then suddenly my rear wheel, gave a 'dub, dub, dub, dub' sound.  Disaster! A puncture and it was in the midst of Brickfields.  There were quite a lot of people hanging around, some waiting, some chatting, others walking.

So I got down and pushed it to the corridor of one of the shops nearby which was closed for business. The metal doors were closed but there was a ledge all along the doorway where I could sit on.  I took off my back pack and put it on the floor.  At first no one was sitting down on the floor ledge.  Only me.  I then put my bike upside down so that I can take off the rear wheel.  Then slowly more and more people started to sit down beside  me.

Argghhh!!  This is not within my comfort zone.  I took my back pack and brought it nearer towards me and my bike.

They were like talking to each other but then turning round to notice what I was doing.  Also my pants where my pocket was protruding with a big lump.  My cash of over 4k was swollen in my wallet and it was showing.  How to hide, ah?

Sei foar!

I took the tyre out easily enough from the frame.  But it was so hard to get it off the rims!!!    What the heck!  16 inch wheels are very, very hard to take off and put on!  Compared to my 20 inch tyres of course.
My flimsy tyre levers did not help as well.  I sort of threw them on the ground and then took the tyre and put it between my legs and started to use my bare hands to sort of force it out!!  slowly it was done!

Took out the tube and put in a new one.
Thank god for my spare tube!  And also for my Topeak portable floor pump!
Now got big problem..... I could put the tyre in one side, and with the inner tube inside, I now just had to put the wire bead of the tyre for the other side into the rim... with my tiny tyre levers, it was next to impossible.

I put the tyre on the floor and started to use my shoes and step on it to force it in, but no way. There was one guy, quite elderly who had earlier asked me lots of questions like where I worked, where I came from, then now offered to get a screw driver for me.

I thanked him but said no need, as I had spotted a motorcycle shop about 10 shoplots away. I put my back pack on.  Then I took my wheel in one hand, the bike in the other and walked to the motorcycle repair shop.  I showed some of the guys there my wheel, explained that I had changed the inner tube but just could not get the tyre mounted.

Then the boss who was sitting inside then asked his workers to take the wheel to him and he told me  that he was a cyclist as well, not foldable bikes but he rides a road bike!  He took my wheel and with a large tyre lever, got the tyre in.  I asked him how much, he said no charge!
I thanked him and happily put back the wheel on my bike and cycled away.  On the way home, I again passed the group of men who were still sitting on the ledge and they waved at me.  My Cateye bell, rang three times, and I waved too.

It was just another ordinary day in Brickfields and it was quite an experience that I will not forget.  Those

guys were not well to do but appreciated that I was having a problem and offered to help.  I will no doubt be happy to have another puncture in Brickfields again.

But this time, there is a gigantic tyre lever for my 16 inch wheels !!
- - - - - - -
user posted image

My 16 inch two wheeler, with Kenda Kwest.  The tyre is really quite soft rubber and is good at absorbing uneven road surfaces, but is not puncture resistant like the "expensive" Schwalbe tyres...
user posted image

My puny metal tyre levers  and the red plasticky levers ( which works fine on my 20 inch wheels but is no match for the 16 inch wheels)
user posted image

My puncture repaired, now I have back again two inner tubes to bring everywhere I go, in my saddle bag...
Another biking adventure to cherish....  and more to come in the days ahead..  this time I better not carry too much cash...
Quite a day for you huh ... next time withdraw the cash when you are near home la ...
TSearl-ku
post Oct 5 2013, 12:44 AM

Chlorophiliac
4,583 posts

QUOTE(croomaniac @ Oct 4 2013, 05:20 PM)
doh.gif

your friend said as if like the bike cant be ridden as it is very heavy oh?  sweat.gif  and you believed?  tongue.gif
QUOTE(theotheryun @ Oct 4 2013, 07:38 PM)
if im not mistaken hummer is somwher 13-15kg no?
hehe
then my bike can considered heavy oso tongue.gif
mine is 14
but no prob la
heavy then can train u leg better whistling.gif
montague paratrooper ... not hummer la that wan ...

maybe its because of the bigger 26" wheels?

its a full size mtb ma ... of coz its heavier la ...
TSearl-ku
post Oct 22 2013, 02:45 PM

Chlorophiliac
4,583 posts

Anyone who knows anyone who migjt be interested in a used Change Bike?

26inch full sized folding bike?

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3000539
TSearl-ku
post Nov 5 2013, 05:20 AM

Chlorophiliac
4,583 posts

QUOTE(ikki9394 @ Nov 5 2013, 12:57 AM)
Hi,

Im a newbie here to a bicycle but recently went to taman pertanian at shah alam and putrajaya i actually find myself quite interested into bicycle riding. Specially going up and downhills.

So I picked up this hobby and decided to get myself a decent folding bicycle.

My budget is around RM500. However i prefer the sportier type... Its gonna be a 1 off purchase and never intent on upgrading it or whatsoever.

So guys... please help me out with the models and brands out there with this budget

Rm500
sporty look
all terrain
uphill and downhill
Location cheras/KL
if you are spending bout 500, and u dont intend on upgrading or whatsoever ... would definitely suggest you pay a little more ... so u dont regret with somehting inadequate in the near future ...

spend a little bit more ... and trust me u wont regret ...

This post has been edited by earl-ku: Nov 5 2013, 05:26 AM
TSearl-ku
post Nov 8 2013, 11:13 PM

Chlorophiliac
4,583 posts

QUOTE(kiawin @ Nov 8 2013, 05:13 PM)
So the 99 thing is used to lubricate? Been thinking of doing the same owing to sand and mud from cycling in rain biggrin.gif
The 99 is a wax + polish liquid, i guess etigge is giving his bike a lil sparkling ...

TSearl-ku
post Nov 21 2013, 12:57 PM

Chlorophiliac
4,583 posts

QUOTE(dannygoh @ Nov 20 2013, 05:08 PM)
Latest ride,

climbing km by km until to the top.

[attachmentid=3731749]
wei this wan like cam whore session only ... hahahaha
TSearl-ku
post Nov 29 2013, 03:59 AM

Chlorophiliac
4,583 posts

Those looking for a new bike, maybe you wanna try a 20 inch hummer?

http://www.bicyclebuysell.com/item/224235/...er-folding-bike
TSearl-ku
post Nov 30 2013, 06:59 AM

Chlorophiliac
4,583 posts

QUOTE(etigge @ Nov 30 2013, 01:00 AM)
user posted image

Just paid deposit for the 2014 Dahon Vigor P9. Collecting next week.  rclxm9.gif Anyone wants to buy my Speed P8 (actually P16 now)? Hehehe.
woah nice ... chrome wo ...
TSearl-ku
post Dec 2 2013, 02:37 AM

Chlorophiliac
4,583 posts

QUOTE(lightning69 @ Dec 1 2013, 02:49 PM)
The kastam is ridiculous.  They were asking about what size is my bike.  I say 20" and he say below 25" got 30% tax.  Bigger bike no tax! WTF

The Kalaq is for my wife.

My Montague is great.  Been riding with the Miri Mountain bike group twice already and really enjoying it.  Will be riding again at 3:30pm later.
hmm what if you told him it was a bike you took out from KL, to cycle at your vacation location and now u bringing it back?
TSearl-ku
post Dec 14 2013, 04:29 AM

Chlorophiliac
4,583 posts

QUOTE(mbax @ Dec 13 2013, 08:48 PM)
why buy rack? get whole set lah..see bbs tern drool.gif
he has the bike already and you are asking him to get another bike? LOL
TSearl-ku
post Feb 19 2014, 05:52 AM

Chlorophiliac
4,583 posts

Looks like we hit 2.8k post ... will be starting a new one ...
TSearl-ku
post Feb 19 2014, 05:57 AM

Chlorophiliac
4,583 posts

Foldies - Continue your posting here at Folding Bicycles v3!

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0600sec    0.15    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:50 PM