Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

JPJ Number Plate Registration

views

shadowzephyr
post May 21 2014, 12:47 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

Yes, no problem.

I came to JPJ Bangi last Monday at 7.45, queue a bit since not opened yet. When it open, just queue until reach the counter. At my turn I asked the officer there to register for MySikap. He tells me to wait here (at the counter) because he want to clear the queue first.

After ~2 min the queue cleared, he asked for my IC, validate using thumbprint and write down my email. Next, he gave me the printed paper showing the reference number, at the same time I've received the email from JPJ showing the same content. Then it's done, at 7.55.

After that I went to my office, open the laptop and register using the reference number provided. Then there's some simple validation using email, and after that registration successful. I've search for KL number WA xxxx B and got the nice number, and paid using VISA debit card for RM210.

Chronology:

At the JPJ:
- no need to take number and wait at JPJ when gettting your reference number (no. rujukan), just proceed to the counter
- process at JPJ done less than 5 minutes, especially when the counter is empty / no queue
- just bring your IC and your preferred email to the counter
- even better if you setup those email to your phone so that you knew the officer didn't typo / enter wrong email
- no need to pay anything

When register
- Need laptop / PC with stable internet connection
- Access to https://public.jpj.gov.my/public/login.zul
- At the left side, click the link under 'Daftar Masuk Kali Pertama'
- Put your nombor rujukan (reference number), continue registration, check your email for temporary pass
- Access to https://public.jpj.gov.my/public/login.zul again, key in your IC number as ID Pengguna (user ID), and the temporary password
- You will be logged in, and system will ask you to change password, and (IINM) you need to relog again
- For the password you need to have Uppercase, lowercase, number and special character (!@#$ if i'm not wrong), and size is 8-12.
- And then it's done

And once again, you can use your MasterCard / VISA Debit to pay although they asked for Credit Card (that's why MasterCard / VISA debit comes in).
You cannot use online payment though (eg Maybank2U, CIMBClicks etc), only credit card. sweat.gif

I'm using Maybank VISA Debit Card. The same card I've used at ATM. Just need to key-in the 16 digit number at the front of the card, at the CVC number 3 digit at the back. Oh, when you pay, bank will send the 6-digit number to your phone (MSOS number for my case), just like when you using online payment.

Information you need to key-in the credit card info, pretty straightforward. laugh.gif
user posted image
(this is just the sample, that number is available brows.gif )
shadowzephyr
post May 22 2014, 09:27 AM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(Coconut @ May 21 2014, 10:27 PM)
has jpj fix the website to view the latest tender number result? if yes where can i find the result? can't find it in jpj website
Sorry if this is not what you mean. JPJ have already fixed the facility to view the latest registration number, around 3-4 weeks ago I think.
http://www.jpj.gov.my/transaksi-percuma-no...aftaran-terkini

They put the captcha now, maybe because too many abuse before tongue.gif

QUOTE(ethan99 @ May 21 2014, 11:25 PM)
Awesome write up... Thanks for the sharing
Thanks, and sorry for messy grammar laugh.gif

Oh to add, the counter that I mentioned in my write-up is information counter. The one that we ask for info and queue number.
Hopefully people didn't confuse that counter with the other. Hehe biggrin.gif
shadowzephyr
post May 29 2014, 05:04 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(forest12 @ May 23 2014, 02:48 PM)
bro, may I use MySikap to buy number plate for others people? thanks
No, because the the user of the MySikap will appear at the receipt and it cannot be changed. Unless you swap the number, but that's a different story (and I don't have much knowledge about this).

QUOTE(cahayamalamku @ May 26 2014, 11:09 AM)
when will we be able to purchase reg. no. from other state such CDX (Pahang) and the registered it to a vehicle from KL? thanks smile.gif
Did you mean if we can buy current running number plate from other states? Yes, we can already via MySikap, but I don't know if that also applies to any JPJ branches.

user posted image

You see, I'm staying in Kajang but able to proceed with paying for numbers from Pahang. No problem. icon_rolleyes.gif
I don't know if JPJ halts for registering the vehicle when they receive the receipt for numbers from other state.

QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ May 28 2014, 03:35 PM)
Whats the current number plate for KL and Selangor?
There's no need to ask anyone for latest number plate, just go to http://www.jpj.gov.my/transaksi-percuma-no...aftaran-terkini nod.gif

This post has been edited by shadowzephyr: May 29 2014, 05:15 PM
shadowzephyr
post Jun 24 2014, 10:34 AM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(-PuPu^ZaPruD3r- @ Jun 6 2014, 04:13 PM)
Your 8288 is Wilayah plate?? So cheap! How come nobody tendered for it? Usually it's few thousands for it..
You can even buy the 3 digits or any XYYY or XXXY number if you login at the time new series start. brows.gif
Just need to check regularly and patiently.

I bought mine 4777 earlier via mySikap, so lucky (although running number already 3000+). tongue.gif

QUOTE(cahayamalamku @ Jun 23 2014, 10:57 PM)
thanks for the info. i will try to find  some free time to go to JPJ for MySikap registration. seems it's so easy now tongue.gif does anyone know the answer - let's say i bought a running number plate from other state e.g pahang and then i go buy a vehicle from wp kuala lumpur/ selangor? can i registered the number to the vehicle? rclxub.gif or i can only register the number to a vehicle bought from pahang only? icon_question.gif
From what I understand, no issue at all. You just need to print the receipt of the Pahang number from mySikap and give that to SA regardless of the seller location. The receipt is exactly same with the one you got from any JPJ branch in Malaysia.

I bought the KL number and buy the car at Selangor, no problem. (but I guess this example is not strong enough because these two states is nearby laugh.gif )

Even before mysikap exist, you can buy car with plates from other state. It just you need to have a runner to go to JPJ at other state to buy your preferred number (e.g. Pahang) and bring the receipt back (e.g. KL). With mysikap, you don't need that anymore. (That's why a lot of runner very angry to JPJ because of this) whistling.gif
shadowzephyr
post Jun 24 2014, 10:45 AM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(xenxenxen @ Jun 16 2014, 01:39 PM)
Let's say current number WA 245 E, I want WA 2xxx F.. When can I start buying from mysikap? Because I search now all no.siri tidak wujud.
Yeah, I guess you need to wait current number to WA xxxx F then you can buy WA xxxx F from mysikap.
I don't know if other user have experience buying advance series from mysikap, but for my case, no.

QUOTE(hontoni1983 @ Jun 17 2014, 04:45 PM)
Hi guys,

Just went back from JPJ Wangsa Maju yesterday to buy my prefer number, yesterday running number is until WA 9xxx D, although the system not yet to E, but still they already open for public to purchase. However, can't get my preference number WA 2xxx E even after seeing the pegawai, but the pegawai willing to help me by making the reservation of WA 2xxx F for me, so when the running number is reaching WA 9xxx E, I can go there and purchase my preference number, no coffee money needed, and the pegawai very friendly, thumbs up for themĀ  thumbup.gif and thumbs down to those runner, really makan our duit kuat kuat, my SA told me his runner request RM 1000 for my preference number, bloody hell, do it by my own, is only RM210, and very simple process.

By the way, I understand that we have to pay RM 210 for our prefer number, but if we go buy as current running number, how much is the fees? is it same RM 210??
Hmm, I remembered some user here said just need to pay RM30 or RM80 or something to buy current running number. (less than RM100, I forgot exact amount doh.gif )

You still need to pay RM210 at the counter if you choose advance number (eg running number is WA1234E, you want to buy WA4567E).

This post has been edited by shadowzephyr: Jun 24 2014, 10:47 AM
shadowzephyr
post May 24 2016, 04:12 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(jack bauer @ May 23 2016, 01:42 PM)
dont mad at me ahh.. asking the same question again but it sound like this ----> can i use my mysikap login ID to buy a plate number for a car that will be registered under my wife name?

I just think it is very unlikely for her to go down to JPJ to register her own mysikap ID...and she really never care about the number as long as it is a number... but i want nice number..
Basically, you can't. The reason is simple, you need to give IC card to the officer at information counter, and validate the owner identity via thumbprint. You can refer with my previous post here (in 2014 tongue.gif) for more detail.
Furthermore, In MySikap system, during number selection, there's no option to buy it for others.

Well, if you read that post, it's around 5 mins only at JPJ to get the reference number. The reason is you not queuing at usual counter, instead getting the MySikap reference number for registration can be done at information counter itself (the one which given the queue number and asking questions). Since she's your wife, you just simply ask her to follow you to nearest JPJ information counter for this. Everything else (registration until buying number) can be done by yourself. biggrin.gif
shadowzephyr
post May 24 2016, 04:14 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

Since I have some free time today laugh.gif, below is four easy steps of buying plate number from JPJ MySikap (image screenshot). Noted that the logged-in user ID will be the owner of that number.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

The address on the receipt doesn't mean anything, just for reference only. My address shown here is my hometown's (Kuantan), I'm buying KL plate number and sent it to my SA via email in which his office / car showroom is at Selangor. No issue.

Hope this helps. icon_rolleyes.gif
shadowzephyr
post May 24 2016, 04:54 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(gid @ May 24 2016, 04:25 PM)
do you think can buy online for wife, friend or relative ?
I already mentioned in detail. shakehead.gif
Refer my previous post.

QUOTE(Cruzer @ May 24 2016, 04:38 PM)
can we tender for the new F and V number plates through mysikap, or can we only buy existing unsold number plates?
Just checked in the system, F and V are still not there yet. Not sure when it will be there, but it should be.

shadowzephyr
post May 25 2016, 02:47 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(musteng @ May 24 2016, 06:11 PM)
Please don't confuse the tender process and the purchase process through Mysikap.

Tender process you may need to fill in the tender form with your tender price and pay the bankers cheque (At lease half of your tender price refundable if lose tender)
F1-F9999 tender start from June 1st and close at June 14th

To Purchase F series from mysikap, you may only able to buy it when the number start running.
Example if F series start running tomorrow 9am. By 9am you may purchase what ever F series number "available"
Exactly. Simply put, the usual tender process happened physically at JPJ building to buy or bid for nice / popular numbers (e.g. 1-9, 77, 888 etc.), and these numbers are not available at MySikap. Refer this JPJ link for details on the number and the starting price to tender and / or bid.

On the other hand, MySikap tender process happened virtually through online to buy any number that we want for the current running series with fixed price, RM210 (beside nice / popular number & already bought numbers), anywhere at any time for any state number laugh.gif.

Yes, we can only able to buy in MySikap when the number is running. smile.gif What I'm trying to say is, it is not necessary for the particular series appeared in MySikap when the series start running. Usually the series will appear earlier than that (up to one week I guess, maybe more). It just that we're unable to buy it yet even the series is appeared in advance, until the number is running. Not sure if F / V starting series (F XXXX / V XXXX) will appear earlier though.

And, yeah, the term 'tender' are used in both, physically or virtually (via MySikap). So it is understandable that some people confuse. laugh.gif
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by shadowzephyr: May 25 2016, 02:50 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0596sec    0.09    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th November 2022 - 07:34 AM