Yes, no problem.
I came to JPJ Bangi last Monday at 7.45, queue a bit since not opened yet. When it open, just queue until reach the counter. At my turn I asked the officer there to register for MySikap. He tells me to wait here (at the counter) because he want to clear the queue first.
After ~2 min the queue cleared, he asked for my IC, validate using thumbprint and write down my email. Next, he gave me the printed paper showing the reference number, at the same time I've received the email from JPJ showing the same content. Then it's done, at 7.55.
After that I went to my office, open the laptop and register using the reference number provided. Then there's some simple validation using email, and after that registration successful. I've search for KL number WA xxxx B and got the nice number, and paid using VISA debit card for RM210.
At the JPJ:
- no need to take number and wait at JPJ when gettting your reference number (no. rujukan), just proceed to the counter
- process at JPJ done less than 5 minutes, especially when the counter is empty / no queue
- just bring your IC and your preferred email to the counter
- even better if you setup those email to your phone so that you knew the officer didn't typo / enter wrong email
- no need to pay anything
- Need laptop / PC with stable internet connection
- Access to https://public.jpj.gov.my/public/login.zul
- At the left side, click the link under 'Daftar Masuk Kali Pertama'
- Put your nombor rujukan (reference number), continue registration, check your email for temporary pass
- Access to https://public.jpj.gov.my/public/login.zul again, key in your IC number as ID Pengguna (user ID), and the temporary password
- You will be logged in, and system will ask you to change password, and (IINM) you need to relog again
- For the password you need to have Uppercase, lowercase, number and special character (!@#$ if i'm not wrong), and size is 8-12.
- And then it's done
And once again, you can use your MasterCard / VISA Debit to pay although they asked for Credit Card (that's why MasterCard / VISA debit comes in).
You cannot use online payment though (eg Maybank2U, CIMBClicks etc), only credit card.
I'm using Maybank VISA Debit Card. The same card I've used at ATM. Just need to key-in the 16 digit number at the front of the card, at the CVC number 3 digit at the back. Oh, when you pay, bank will send the 6-digit number to your phone (MSOS number for my case), just like when you using online payment.
Information you need to key-in the credit card info, pretty straightforward.
(this is just the sample, that number is available )
JPJ Number Plate Registration