QUOTE(chankeewong @ Dec 22 2017, 11:49 AM)
Done my car tint with recommendation & service from Lord Gitsy, superb service!
QUOTE(scarxxx @ Jan 27 2018, 07:42 PM)
Thanks for your service and deal. I am very satisfy with it and hopefully I will call you in the future for another car.
Please send my regards to Alan for his exceptional explanation and recommendation.
QUOTE(epulrocks @ Feb 18 2018, 04:47 AM)
Installed Raytech FX series for my Axia with Lord Gitsy 3 months ago, definitely felt good and satisfied. Soo comfy to drive my axia for long distance in hot weather now. Worth every penny! Sorry for the very late feedback bro
QUOTE(max_cavalera @ Jun 18 2018, 12:07 PM)
Used raytech on 3 cars until now.
My mazda 3, saga blm and latest honda...
Satisfied customer 👍🏻👌🏻
QUOTE(borgeouisbella @ Jun 15 2018, 03:07 AM)
I did mine at Raytech Puchong 4 years ago.
They were also very nice, they recommended me a tint with all the concerns I had (i.e. won't get stopped by police but can block around 70% of the heat)
My car has no problems with smart tag, and is very cool when the weather outside is damn hot. Till now the screen still very clear, no bubbles or anything 😁
*********************************************************************************************************************You will never know what happening in window tinting market today. Until you read this...Before we started, I need to explain 2 things before we get confused on further statements. Window film is described based on high performance and high quality. Both aspects are important. High Performance means the window film possess superb heat rejection performance. High quality means prolonged lifetime of a window film’s material and its heat rejection performance can last for very long, for a minimum of at least 5 years. However, today, best-selling product in the market is very low in quality even though it has a considerably high performance. This means that the heat rejection is good for the first year and then it will drop more than 50% on second year. You will be surprised if I told you; the price is about the same for high and low quality film in market. Price range starts from few hundreds to two to three thousands depending on the heat rejection performance of the film.What was the Market Trends of Window Film Industry for 10-15 years ago?* Branding was not important; customers had no idea how to look for good quality tint.
* Selling skills and salesman talks was more important at that time.
* Most tinting shop were doing own/local brand, they were not interested on good brand and International Brand, because they needed to come out with enormous amount of money for franchise fees and to purchase high cost products.
* At that time, hundreds of new brand tinting shops came out on market with many funny name.
* Korean film replaced USA film in almost all tinting shops in Malaysia.
* At that time, the Korean film was newly introduced into the market; many window tint sellers were attracted by its low costs and good heat rejection performance. However, nobody was aware of its quality, until it was proven that the heat rejection performance dropped in 12 months.
* Starting from that time until now, none of the tinting shop will tell you if they are selling Korean film, they keep cheating customer that they are selling USA film.
* After Korean products flooded Malaysia’s Tinting market, few things happened. Price war started among window film sellers, and all customers started getting low quality window film on their car, some even pay high price for it.
* After some time, we noticed more and more car on the road with the car windows full of bubbles, and waving. Incidents where the heat rejection dropped more than 50% after 1 year is also overwhelming.
* Due to unhealthy competition, many tinting shop with own brand/local brand started using unethical tricks in selling their products and they gradually started to lose their customers’ trust and confidence.In window tint market crisis, few tricks that could easily been done by them include:
1. They Provide Wrong/Fake Heat Rejection. Example, brochure printed IRR 95%, when tested with solar meter the real reading is below 50% or even below 20%.
That is why the price could be very different in different shops.
2. Selling High Performance but Low Quality Product The heat rejection performance lasts for maximum 1-2 years only. These films costs are actually much cheaper
and they are normally from Korea / Taiwan/ China 2-ply IR film or dye film.
3. "Made in USA" can Sell Better Price. Most of USA manufacturers are established company for making high performance and high quality products.
Unethical sellers that are not dealing with USA manufacturer deliberately printed "Made in USA" logo on their film
to cheat consumer so that they can sell higher price. Therefore, USA original and Low quality film selling about the same price in maket.
4. Swap Product during Installation. Many sellers use high performance and good quality products during demonstration, however later they swap with lower
performance and poor quality products during actual installation on your the vehicle.
Current Market Trends in Window Film Industry* Today, more and more consumers are aware about poor quality tinted, so they start doing research and surveys for a good quality tinted for their car.
* One of the best ways is to look for International Brand or popular USA brand in the market. Consumer is more confident on trusted brand.
* However, consumers still not necessarily know how to differentiate a good quality window tint.
* So, a new trend starts to appear, these own brand or local brand shop closes its business one by one, and many of these companies convert their shop to USA brand, by taking franchise from distributors. However, this is not happy ending story yet.
* Many of unethical sellers (Franchisee) misuse the USA brand to cheat consumer by selling non-original or fake products at their shop and name it with "House-Brand". These house-brands are not original USA products, there are no logo printed on the tint film and they give shop warranty card to their customers.
* “Shop Warranty card” meaning you must go back to the same shop where you fitted your window tint to claim warranty. Other dealers for the same brand will not entertained you as they possibly do not have same product in their shop.
* Worst thing even happened where the seller collected full amount of money from consumer and later swapped to other product (Korea Made) for all windows and rear windscreen. Only the front windscreen is original brand product.Tips for choosing high performance and excellent quality Window Film.
1. Survey or Google the window film's brand that tie up with USA manufacturer.
These brands are normally famous and they introduce their USA manufacturer on brochure and website. Be aware if you unable to find any of these introductions on any window tinting shop.
2. Look for the original brand products, check out the packaging box, label sticker and brand logo printed on the tint film.
It is difficult to read the performance and the quality of tint film. Just look for the brand identity on the product. No logo means non-original, no other grandmother story.
3. Request for Solar Meter Test before installation. (Recommended IRR meter, BTU meter, SHGC meter)
Do not proceed to step 3 before 1 and 2 steps. To be 100% confident that you pay for the right performance product, request for meter testing.
4. Ask for Brand Warranty. Not Shop Warranty.
Brand warranty means you are able to claim warranty on any of the shop for the same brand because the product is original. House Brand or non-original brand products are normally given “Shop warranty card”, meaning you must go back to the same shop where you fitted your window tint. Other dealers for the same brand will not entertain you as they possibly do not have same products in their shop. Finally, what will be future market trend for window film? Customers learn how to survey good quality of window film, and will never be cheated again with junk film. Only those trusted company and brand will remain strong in market for long term. Please share if you learn something from this article.
Good Luck. This post has been edited by Lord Gitsy: Sep 23 2018, 12:05 AM