Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

ABNxcess ABNxcess TV & Internet, Any comments from new users?

views

TSCrystal2
post Aug 8 2013, 11:01 AM, updated 11y ago

Casual
449 posts

I saw lots of bunting advertising ABNxcess Cable TV and Broadband and have pre-registered my interests in its website.

I would appreciate if anyone, who has subscribed, could comment or relate his/her experience on:
1] How long will the promotion price remain at RM98.99 (for 10 Mbps & TV) after installation?
2] How is the TV programs compared to Astro and HyppTV?
3] Any intermittent delays when viewing TV?
4] Whether its 10 Mbps broadband is stable and reliable? Any downtime so far?
5] What is the average speed recorded during speed-test?
6] Whether there will be landline or DECT Phone connectivity?
7] What is the range & speed of the built-in Wifi Router?
8] Any user email address provided?

Thank You.

TSCrystal2
post Aug 9 2013, 11:55 AM

Casual
449 posts

QUOTE(March05 @ Aug 9 2013, 10:06 AM)
Have to be patient, I gueinstallationink they cannot cope with the number of registrantsint
I filled in my registration on the website in early June, received a robotic reply almost immediately, then nothing......
Went to their kedai in USJ Taipan in early July, and reregistered. Deafening silence after that.
Suddenly on Wednesday, got a call...will be coming to install on Saturday (tomorrow). All in all, nearly 2 months' wait. But at least they're not dead in the water.
Great. What are you subscribing, TV + Internet or just TV? Where is your house location?

Please post how you find the service and internet speed after installation. Thanks.

This post has been edited by Crystal2: Aug 9 2013, 11:56 AM
TSCrystal2
post Aug 12 2013, 12:17 PM

Casual
449 posts

QUOTE(March05 @ Aug 9 2013, 10:06 AM)
...Suddenly on Wednesday, got a call...will be coming to install on Saturday (tomorrow)....
How was the intallation? Any comments on the speed, latency, ping, etc? Thanks
TSCrystal2
post Aug 14 2013, 01:02 PM

Casual
449 posts

QUOTE(March05 @ Aug 13 2013, 09:49 AM)
Saturday the jolly contractor and his band of merry assistants pulled a copper cable into my house and passed me the settop box for TV cable. Nothing works yet, not even cable tv. Internet modem will be installed by another party later (no confirmed date ATM  doh.gif  )
Thanks for the information. Any explanation from the installer why the TV is not working? Any indication when the modem will be installed?

From their website, I can make out the model number of the Set Top Box provided is HMC3000. What is the model of the Cable Modem provided? Is it SBG901 or SBG941 from Arris Motorola?
TSCrystal2
post Aug 16 2013, 09:14 AM

Casual
449 posts

QUOTE(March05 @ Aug 15 2013, 08:27 AM)
Just to inform that sometime after my posting on Tuesday morning, I found that my cable tv service had been activated, and I now have access to ALL the ABNXCESS channels, not just the 50 in the offer package. Maybe, someone from ABN is watching this thread and hurriedly doing some PR damage control?  brows.gif

I have not yet received the internet service, so do not know what modem will be provided.
Thanks for the information.

According to their brochure, subscribers can view all the channels for free for the 1st month. Would appreciate if you could advise whether there is any lag or disconnect in transmission during a heavy rainstorm (like Astro).
TSCrystal2
post Aug 25 2013, 03:00 PM

Casual
449 posts

I am still awaiting installation at USJ areas after signing up in early August.

Any Sifus can comment on the equipment provided by ABNxcess?
1] Arris Motorola HD Set-Box HMC3000, and
2] Arris Motorola 'Surfboard' Cable Modem SVG1202

Are Maxis and TMnet providing similar standard (or better) equipment? Thank You.
TSCrystal2
post Aug 27 2013, 02:30 PM

Casual
449 posts

QUOTE(March05 @ Aug 15 2013, 08:27 AM)
Just to inform that sometime after my posting on Tuesday morning, I found that my cable tv service had been activated, and I now have access to ALL the ABNXCESS channels, not just the 50 in the offer package. Maybe, someone from ABN is watching this thread and hurriedly doing some PR damage control?  brows.gif

I have not yet received the internet service, so do not know what modem will be provided.
Has ABN installed your internet service yet? How is the speedtest and latency?
TSCrystal2
post Nov 29 2013, 12:32 PM

Casual
449 posts

I am still awaiting installation after registering in early August. What the heck is happening? Anyone got theirs in USJ areas?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0209sec    0.22    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:05 PM