Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

sound card recommendations

views

TSwertherist
post Aug 1 2013, 01:48 PM, updated 11y ago

Getting Started
75 posts

I appreciate if you may recommend me a sound card for the below. I prefer the card to be compatible with Win 7 and Win XP;

Asus P8H77MLE
i5 3470 3.2
Sapphire HD 7850 OC

To get more quality sounds in gaming... The budget is 200-250...

Another question is which one would be better either USB sound card or PCI? USB might be more expensive thn PCI... I just want to know which one is better in use..

Thanks all.. smile.gif
SSJBen
post Aug 1 2013, 02:09 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

RM250? Xonar DX.

Unless you're planning to use your soundcard in portable ways (like to a laptop), stick with an internal one.
Not to say external USB solutions aren't good, but if you don't need it, don't get it.

As to which is better, the internal soundcards usually provides better value. There are high end external solutions like the Asus Muses One or STU, then there are also dedicated external DACs which can costs over RM1k (heck, even way more).
TSwertherist
post Aug 1 2013, 02:54 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Aug 1 2013, 02:09 PM)
RM250? Xonar DX.

Unless you're planning to use your soundcard in portable ways (like to a laptop), stick with an internal one.
Not to say external USB solutions aren't good, but if you don't need it, don't get it.

As to which is better, the internal soundcards usually provides better value. There are high end external solutions like the Asus Muses One or STU, then there are also dedicated external DACs which can costs over RM1k (heck, even way more).
Thanks... Actually, i have Xonar Dsx 7.1.. But i have an issue with that... It goes fine with Xp but when i try on win 7, all my folders become dead after i install the software.... I did download the software from their website and tried it as well.. The same problem occurs.. I dunno how to deal with that actually...

If you can suggest anything to fix that issue? If not, i will sell it to a friend and get another one... But if i can go with my Xonar, that will be better of course.. smile.gif

QUOTE(wertherist @ Aug 1 2013, 02:54 PM)
Thanks... Actually, i have Xonar Dsx 7.1.. But i have an issue with that... It goes fine with Xp but when i try on win 7, all my folders become dead after i install the software.... I did download the software from their website and tried it as well.. The same problem occurs.. I dunno how to deal with that actually...
If you can suggest anything to fix that issue? If not, i will sell it to a friend and get another one... But if i can go with my Xonar, that will be better of course.. smile.gif
By the way, i am not going to use it portable way.. When i bought my xonar, some friends asked mt why i did not get the usb one... thats why i wanted to know actually. smile.gif
SSJBen
post Aug 1 2013, 03:21 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(wertherist @ Aug 1 2013, 02:54 PM)
Are you using the official Asus drivers? Because if you are, they suck major ass.

Try these - http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:29 PM