Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

About Search engines, getting listed and maintain

views

siaukia
post Dec 7 2006, 07:43 AM

Regular
1,491 posts

QUOTE(etsuko @ Jul 11 2006, 10:09 AM)
META tags don't really affect on Google as much anymore because their engine concentrates more on the quality of your content and the frequency of updates.

The other thing I noticed is also the arrangement or organization of keywords in your Meta, Title, Content flow is important. The search engine reads from Top to Bottom. The effectiveness of your Title could be better by placing Shirtless Male.. in the front before your URL.com then in your content, I think you need either more words of celebrities or shirtless males.

As I said, Google is more content concentrated unlike Yahoo and MSN. The other thing that'll be good for your website is to have it comply with website standards because tableless design is known to help a little in search engine optimization.
I Doubled at what etsuko said as well, if you don't want to get blacklisted from a search engine, please DONOT put hidden keywords, which most of the times you will be identified by the search engines as spam sites.

look up at this very good article to start at how Google works towards their search engine to improve search results :
Webmasters We Love You Too

I would always suggest and recommend for optimum result, is the way you organise your content inside your site, and write up the content so that it's aimed for 'human to read' (make contents of your site for human not for search engine kind of thing)

there are the few reasons why you see now sometimes on blog you never see like
...index.html....12384xsjs2lc9z/1askfdn32.html
but more things like...
...i-am-bored-today.html.....tags/travel/tips-tutorial.html

on the other side, previously by having more link exchange (traffic in-out) to other site is known to some that they can improve themselves in ranking, but beware, make sure that you do not OVERDO by also including links thats not relevant to what your content gives (not in same category), if you have a lot of links, they'll label you as spam site as well (you know, usually pr0n/spam site has lots of useless links rite)

thats some heads up i can give you biggrin.gif. main keyword...make sites for human...not for search engine.

edit :
found this : http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/2005...s_to_hide_text/

This post has been edited by siaukia: Dec 7 2006, 07:49 AM
siaukia
post Dec 15 2006, 10:17 PM

Regular
1,491 posts

i'll add more of my input as time comes and my rusty brain starts to work,
yep, i'll double on what etsuko said, where i saw a lot of sad cases where big SEO company (msia) has staff that works inside, charging ppl for the services and then quit the company and open one of their own from the knowledge they learnt...

i mean it's really quite sad but somehow i felt that the web is something we learn from each other and improve it, and i'd know people making money from things that we freely share around. well, i wouldn't want to announce the name of who is the person but i felt the same as well, as long you want your site to be improved on the PR, always remember...

design your site...for the user, not for search engine. And of course, make sure your content is relevant for the subject of the site you're doing, don't simple chunk in a bunch of unrelated stuff around and make it look like a spam site just for the sake of getting link in from other site (linkfarm). I guess usually search engine will get attracted to contents which is really 'useful' instead of just pretty. (i had this theory half proven on oneduasan)

and oh yes, on the images, let's say it's one common keyword call 'car key', if your picture literally has a car key, and inside your site's content also 'talks' about car key, you have a very higher chance for the engine to put you higher up on the list despite the filename.

This post has been edited by siaukia: Dec 15 2006, 10:23 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0191sec    0.16    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:41 PM