Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Job Seeker How to become a Vivi magazine model?, Please help me to answer :(

views

TSbabybabyjane
post Jul 31 2013, 06:51 PM, updated 11y ago

1 posts

I love the Japanese magazine Vivi, so I'm just curios how to become a model for them or in general how to become a model. Send a profolio,contact them or get scouted liked Tina Tamashiro? Also do you get to keep the clothes you model in?

Thanks rclxms.gif

russellhere
post Aug 1 2013, 12:35 PM

Casual
380 posts

Go to Japan?
abubin
post Aug 1 2013, 12:58 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(babybabyjane @ Jul 31 2013, 06:51 PM)
I love the Japanese magazine Vivi, so I'm just curios how to become a model for them or in general how to become a model. Send a profolio,contact them or get scouted liked Tina Tamashiro? Also do you get to keep the clothes you model in?
ThanksĀ   rclxms.gif
yes..i guess you can try sending them your portfolio. But it's not going to be easy since you are in MY. You will need to pay for your own ticket if t hey really want to meet you. For very prestigious magazines, they do not simply model unknown people. They only invite famous people to model for them.

And no, you don't get to keep the clothes that you model for.

Here are some tips...
- try starting a modeling career locally first. Get some experience and exposure and get to know more people in the circle.
- you can also try joining those modeling competition that TVs sometimes throw in. Or other modeling competition like those organized by fashion companies and so on.
- try to contact a modeling agency locally. If you have the package, they will sign you up and help you get modeling jobs.

goodluck.

This post has been edited by abubin: Aug 1 2013, 01:01 PM
TSbabybabyjane
post Aug 1 2013, 07:12 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Aug 1 2013, 12:58 PM)
yes..i guess you can try sending them your portfolio. But it's not going to be easy since you are in MY. You will need to pay for your own ticket if t hey really want to meet you. For very prestigious magazines, they do not simply model unknown people. They only invite famous people to model for them.

And no, you don't get to keep the clothes that you model for.

Here are some tips...
- try starting a modeling career locally first. Get some experience and exposure and get to know more people in the circle.
- you can also try joining those modeling competition that TVs sometimes throw in. Or other modeling competition like those organized by fashion companies and so on.
- try to contact a modeling agency locally. If you have the package, they will sign you up and help you get modeling jobs.

goodluck.
Hey Thanks for your reply biggrin.gif
I have searched for the modelling agency but I can't anyone of them,
do you know who else?

Thanks alot !! notworthy.gif
shaz61
post Aug 2 2013, 04:08 AM

Getting Started
71 posts

Try modelling for local magazines first like Hypertune mag. build your name and reputation and opportunities will come.
TSbabybabyjane
post Aug 3 2013, 02:09 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(shaz61 @ Aug 2 2013, 04:08 AM)
Try modelling for local magazines first like Hypertune mag. build your name and reputation and opportunities will come.
Hi thanks for giving me the suggestion, beside the Hypertune mag u still knw other local mag? notworthy.gif
shaz61
post Aug 11 2013, 01:48 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

kaki kereta, or try going in forums such as neo club or any car club and post your ad how much to shoot with their cars.
jobfree2u
post Aug 11 2013, 05:55 PM

Getting Started
192 posts

vivi magazine is very well known in Asia, normally they wont simply take anyone to become their model, you have to go personally to Japan and wandering around tokyo street to be spotted by them but the chances will likely be <1%...

Do you have modelling experience? perhaps you can send them some portfolio of your previous jobs, try send them unique photos / event / jobs that you taken before.. there are too many competitors in there so you have to be unique enough..

just my 2cent..
jobfree2u
post Aug 11 2013, 05:56 PM

Getting Started
192 posts

QUOTE(babybabyjane @ Aug 1 2013, 07:12 PM)
Hey Thanks for your reply biggrin.gif
I have searched for the modelling agency but I can't anyone of them,
do you know who else?

Thanks alot !! notworthy.gif
maybe you can post some of your modeling photos here to let those agency contact you.
TSbabybabyjane
post Aug 16 2013, 03:19 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(shaz61 @ Aug 11 2013, 01:48 PM)
kaki kereta, or try going in forums such as neo club or any car club and post your ad how much to shoot with their cars.
Thanks for ur suggest ! biggrin.gif
SereneAshley
post Aug 16 2013, 07:43 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

Interesting...

But first things first, you need a reality check.

Not everyone is cut out to be a model. Do you have the looks/figure/talent/personality?

Also Vivi Japan does not take in models without japanese parentage, based on the models that they feature. You definitely have an advantage if you're eurasian though.

tiffanycla
post Aug 22 2013, 04:43 AM

39 posts

instead of targeting japanese magazine, why dont you try local magazine first? you can send your own photo to local agency, they might get some shooting job for you.
tiffanycla
post Aug 22 2013, 04:46 AM

39 posts

maybe you can contact ttp://www.garystartalents.com/ and start from there.
tiffanycla
post Aug 22 2013, 04:47 AM

39 posts

QUOTE(babybabyjane @ Jul 31 2013, 06:51 PM)
Thanks  rclxms.gif
you will never get to keep the cloths but u might purchase from them with discounted price.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0144sec    0.51    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:01 AM