Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Malaysia TNB Electricity Rate Hike Start's 2014, TNB Follow World Petroleum Prices

Price of fuel to determine TNB tariffs?

Agree [ 23 ] ** [36.51%]
Disagree [ 40 ] ** [63.49%]
Total Votes: 63
Guests cannot vote 
owc
post Jul 9 2013, 11:38 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Parliament: Price of fuel to determine TNB tariffs
user posted image
KUALA LUMPUR: Consumers will pay more for electricity if there is an increase in fuel costs once Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) implements the Fuel Cost Past Through (FCPT) mechanism next year.

However, Deputy Energy, Green Technology and Water Minister Datuk Seri Mahdzir Khalid said any increase under the mechanism, which would see tariffs being determined by fuel costs, would be minimal and could even be staggered over an extended period of time.

The Energy Commission, he said, was also studying several proposals to minimise the effects of the mechanism on electricity tariff for households, including maintaining incentives for thrifty consumers.

“No decision has been made with regards to the effect of the FCPT on electricity tariff. The Commission is studying the matter to look at several ways on how to minimise the effect on domestic tariff,” he told reporters at the Parliament lobby here yesterday.

Under the mechanism, additional fuel costs due to the increase in fuel prices will be reflected in a higher electricity tariff while similarly, any reduction or savings will be returned to consumers by lowering the tariff.

The mechanism, which had been proposed from as far back as 2005, had already been adopted by utility companies in many countries such as Singapore, Thailand, the Philippines and Japan.

The matter, added Mahdzir, would still have to go through several approval stages, including getting the Prime Minister’s nod.

“Several incentives will be maintained to benefit specific groups of consumers such as those who use less than 200kW of power a month or whose monthly bill does not exceed RM20,” he said.

Households which used less than 200kW of power a month would be charged 21.8sen per kW, an incentive in place since 1997, he pointed out, while those with monthly bills of RM20 or less would continue to enjoy free electricity.

Earlier, Mahdzir told Liang Teck Meng (BN-Simpang Renggam) that the move to introduce the FCPT was aimed at determining the electricity tariff in a more efficient manner for consumers.

“Under this mechanism, any change in the fuel costs will be channelled to the consumers based on the determination of the tariff set by the government,” he said.

Liang had wanted to know when the FCPT mechanism would be implemented by TNB to reflect the actual cost of fuel.

Published: Tuesday July 9, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Tuesday July 9, 2013 MYT 11:03:20 AM
Source: Parliament: Price of fuel to determine TNB tariffs
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Puteih
post Jul 9 2013, 11:41 AM

Dah ludah jilat balik
Group: Senior Member

I say, why not?

Fuel have been scarce nowadays, price also will sure to hike up. And I don't think it's fair if we keep on asking the government to further subsidies it.
+Quote Post
JayCkat
post Jul 9 2013, 11:47 AM

On my way

Malaysia should invest in solar power. Buy some of those cheap solar panel from China or India.
+Quote Post
owc
post Jul 9 2013, 11:55 AM

Casual

QUOTE(JayCkat @ Jul 9 2013, 11:47 AM)
Malaysia should invest in solar power. Buy some of those cheap solar panel from China or India.
Even there is some alternative source of electric such as Water Turbine that been used by TNB,
The price of TNB Water Turbine Electric Generator will follow the price of petroleum.
Even that Malaysia used solar power, the price will also determine by World Petroleum Rate.
Even that Malaysia had produce Petroleum, but the price still follow World Petroleum Rate.

This post has been edited by owc: Jul 9 2013, 12:01 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
kimasapi
post Jul 9 2013, 06:52 PM

Getting Started

In order for the government to implement GST all subsidies must first be removed.
The FCPT is just one of the many new measures the government will gradually introduce.
+Quote Post
DarkNite
post Jul 9 2013, 07:17 PM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ

QUOTE(Puteih @ Jul 9 2013, 11:41 AM)
I say, why not?

Fuel have been scarce nowadays, price also will sure to hike up. And I don't think it's fair if we keep on asking the government to further subsidies it.
I dun mind as long as there is transparency about the cost & cronies dun profit from the gravy train.
+Quote Post
JayCkat
post Jul 9 2013, 09:08 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Puteih @ Jul 9 2013, 11:41 AM)
I say, why not?

Then Malaysia should start using solar power. If countries like Germany and UK are using solarpower, why isn't a country on the equator not using solar power more extensively?
+Quote Post
meistsh_musical
post Jul 9 2013, 09:18 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(JayCkat @ Jul 9 2013, 12:47 PM)
already available
but too costly unless make ownself
+Quote Post
Maknusia
post Jul 9 2013, 09:52 PM

Casual

QUOTE(JayCkat @ Jul 9 2013, 09:08 PM)
Then Malaysia should start using solar power. If countries like Germany and UK are using solarpower, why isn't a country on the equator not using solar power more extensively?
Politics, what else. We are the 3rd lagest solar manufacture in the world but they are not allowed to sell locally, go figure! doh.gif
+Quote Post
JayCkat
post Jul 9 2013, 10:01 PM

On my way

QUOTE(meistsh_musical @ Jul 9 2013, 09:18 PM)
already available
Actually, no. Both China and India have already started to mass produce solar panels. So the prices has dropped a lot. The prices has dropped 50% since 2009 as manufacturing capacity and demand skyrockets.

A 160cm x 80cm, 195Watt, 25 year warantly panel cost RM1400. And that is the prices you can buy from a store.

If a big company bought RM hundreds of millions, directly from the manufacturer, it would be even cheaper.
+Quote Post
meistsh_musical
post Jul 9 2013, 10:06 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(JayCkat @ Jul 9 2013, 11:01 PM)
Actually, no. Both China and India have already started to mass produce solar panels. So the prices has dropped a lot.  The prices has dropped 50% since 2009 as manufacturing capacity and demand skyrockets.

A 160cm x 80cm, 195Watt, 25 year warantly panel cost RM1400. And that is the prices you can buy from a store.

If a big company bought RM hundreds of millions, directly from the manufacturer, it would be even cheaper.
only malaysia are expensive....

yes of u buy own panel, inverter all are cheap actually plus cost wiring somemore u need to pay.

so we here want do business and service, they charge high as usual.

+Quote Post
EnergyAnalyst
post Jul 11 2013, 11:11 AM

Enthusiast

Borrow from RHB-install solar panel- apply feed in tariff. That is all consumers can do apart from using less electricity
+Quote Post
RAMChYLD
post Jul 11 2013, 07:30 PM

Regular

QUOTE(meistsh_musical @ Jul 9 2013, 10:06 PM)
only malaysia are expensive....

yes of u buy own panel, inverter all are cheap actually plus cost wiring somemore u need to pay.

so we here want do business and service, they charge high as usual.
Malaysia actually got make solar panel (I think there are factories in Rawang. Passed by lots of times on way to Frasers Hill). But why the panels are not sold in Malaysia market is a mystery nod.gif
+Quote Post
meistsh_musical
post Jul 11 2013, 07:31 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Jul 11 2013, 08:30 PM)
Malaysia actually got make solar panel (I think there are factories in Rawang. Passed by lots of times on way to Frasers Hill). But why the panels are not sold in Malaysia market is a mystery nod.gif
gambang also have
but the factory look old and look like no body work anymore.
+Quote Post
endau02
post Jul 11 2013, 07:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!

kulim+alor gajah+cyberjaya oso got...
but.....
+Quote Post
owc
post Jul 12 2013, 08:17 AM

Casual

QUOTE(meistsh_musical @ Jul 9 2013, 09:18 PM)
already available
Does solar power generate very efficient power that enough to sustain the needs for all citizen?
Can it's power up alot aircond and alot factory premise & business premise?
Even that you able to install the whole building of Solar PV Panel, does the power able to sustain the needs of the same building, able to off the grid?
I had do some survey, there is alot of range of solar panel. Cheap solar panel can't harvest the sun solar efficiently.
Let say premium solar panel you use 1 panel, but cheap solar you need use 5. Unless you have alot land or space for those cheap solar panel.

If want cheap electricity, only at Japan. Because, Nuclear Reactor more cheap than any others power source... haha... dare or not dare... later another LYNAS factory in Malaysia.

This post has been edited by owc: Jul 12 2013, 08:18 AM
+Quote Post
meistsh_musical
post Jul 12 2013, 08:30 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(owc @ Jul 12 2013, 09:17 AM)
Does solar power generate very efficient power that enough to sustain the needs for all citizen?
Even that you able to install the whole building of Solar PV Panel, does the power able to sustain the needs of the same building, able to off the grid?
I had do some survey, there is alot of range of solar panel. Cheap solar panel can't harvest the sun solar efficiently.
Let say premium solar panel you use 1 panel, but cheap solar you need use 5. Unless you have alot land or space for those cheap solar panel.

If want cheap electricity, only at Japan. Because, Nuclear Reactor more cheap than any others power source... haha... dare or not dare... later another LYNAS factory in Malaysia.
got 2 type

either full installment - rooft full with panel not really working if rainy day
or
combine with tnb power - can cut tnb bill cost

+Quote Post
DarkNite
post Jul 12 2013, 08:35 AM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ

QUOTE(owc @ Jul 12 2013, 08:17 AM)

so far, for normal house with 24ft X 30ft roof with optimize sun location will be enough plus sell back to TNB.
But TNB rebate so damn not efficient.
+Quote Post
Hummingbird
post Jul 12 2013, 11:20 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(owc @ Jul 9 2013, 11:38 AM)
It will only be accepted if the current federal government is able to increase the average income of citizens. How are you able to allow the price to be increased while the people's income is not even that much?
+Quote Post
Mea Culpa
post Jul 16 2013, 02:21 AM

Regular

Solar panels? what about those living in condos?
+Quote Post
JayCkat
post Jul 16 2013, 10:54 AM

On my way

QUOTE(Mea Culpa @ Jul 16 2013, 02:21 AM)
Solar panels? what about those living in condos?
Wind power. The higher up your are the better is wind power.
+Quote Post
Freelancer818
post Jul 16 2013, 10:59 AM

Getting Started

Anyone here who has installed before solar panel in their home? Curious about the cost of getting one and how much do you save on TNB bill?
+Quote Post
Mea Culpa
post Jul 20 2013, 02:07 PM

Regular

QUOTE(JayCkat @ Jul 16 2013, 10:54 AM)
Wind power. The higher up your are the better is wind power.
If you're saying from your balcony or windows, I doubt you'd be allowed to install such structures for some safety reasons.

Wind turbines have gigantic structures and weight several tonnes. Also have safety issues. I have yet seen it being implemented at the top of high rise condos.

+Quote Post
elisu
post Jul 20 2013, 07:45 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(DarkNite @ Jul 9 2013, 07:17 PM)
I dun mind as long as there is transparency about the cost & cronies dun profit from the gravy train.
that would be impossible...oh wait...maybe the next millenia biggrin.gif
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
elisu
post Jul 20 2013, 07:49 PM

Getting Started

wondering what is the total cost per month if people just get those home generator,

home generator which are also connected to batteries. that plus 1 wind turbine and solar panels.

+Quote Post
lunarwolf
post Jul 20 2013, 11:45 PM

Regular

QUOTE(JayCkat @ Jul 9 2013, 09:08 PM)
That one use shud consult our lynas expert, solar panel emitted more radiation than a nuke plant according to him...
+Quote Post
dkk
post Jul 21 2013, 06:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(lunarwolf @ Jul 20 2013, 11:45 PM)
That one use shud consult our lynas expert, solar panel emitted more radiation than a nuke plant according to him...
The manufacture of solar panels. Not the solar panels themselves.
+Quote Post
EnergyAnalyst
post Jul 23 2013, 09:46 AM

Enthusiast

Fuel Cost Pass Through mechanisme and its many round of version has been around since day 1. here see your self.

Attached Image

in the last tariff revision 1st June 2011, one of the thing mentioned in TNB announcement is

http://www.tnb.com.my/residential/pricing-and-tariff.html

The Government will also introduce a Fuel Cost Pass-Through (FCPT) mechanism for the power sector. Under the FCPT, the fuel cost will be reviewed every six (6) months and any changes (upward or downward) in the fuel cost due to the fluctuation in the fuel prices (namely gas, coal and oil) will be passed through in the end-user tariff

So doing it Jan 2014 is merely enforcing the inevitable

The thing is, with tariff revision, all you see is a rate, FCPT should make things more transparent, so I am all for it.

I am in this line of biz, so I know

+Quote Post
kinghafiz
post Jan 3 2014, 12:18 PM

QUOTE(Freelancer818 @ Jul 16 2013, 10:59 AM)
Anyone here who has installed before solar panel in their home? Curious about the cost of getting one and how much do you save on TNB bill?
normally the cost for off grid system is around Rm20k / 1Kw system.
+Quote Post
Hans.R
post Jan 3 2014, 02:14 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(DarkNite @ Jul 9 2013, 07:17 PM)
This is exactly it.
If the money goes to the government and is used for the good of the people and the country, then it is okay.
But where has the money gone??
+Quote Post
DarkNite
post Jan 3 2014, 02:21 PM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ

QUOTE(Hans.R @ Jan 3 2014, 02:14 PM)
This is exactly it.
If the money goes to the government and is used for the good of the people and the country, then it is okay.
But where has the money gone??
we will never know unless the is a change in gomen. laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Hans.R
post Jan 3 2014, 02:33 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(DarkNite @ Jan 3 2014, 02:21 PM)
we will never know unless the is a change in gomen. laugh.gif
I have heard a lot of stories during the election days.
The people are just afraid to not vote for the current govt.
They worry they will stop enjoying BRIM. They worry they will be marked as an anti govt. They worry they will be hunted.

I say. The people should not be afraid of the govt. The govt should be afraid of the people.

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
+Quote Post
DarkNite
post Jan 3 2014, 03:28 PM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ

QUOTE(Hans.R @ Jan 3 2014, 02:33 PM)
They worry they will stop enjoying BRIM. They worry they will be marked as an anti govt. They worry they will be hunted.

I say. The people should not be afraid of the govt. The govt should be afraid of the people.

mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif
Too bad there are not enough ppl like you.
+Quote Post
prakash11
post Jan 12 2014, 05:34 PM

Getting Started

Doesn't make a difference whether BN or PKR. All politicians only care about themselves and their cronies. There are a few clean renewable energy sources not tapped to its full potential
1. Solar
2. Wind
3. Wave
4. Geothermal
Why should we pay to tap solar power ?. In fact it should be installed without cost on every home. The banks are making money out of gullible people.Most of Malaysia is covered by coastline, we can tapped the unlimited power of the sea thru wave power. We don't need to rely on fossil fuels. We have the technology and resources to generate clean energy for the planet for generations. Why is this not happening?
It is the oil cartel and governments (politicians) which are hampering research and development for the transition to happen. They rather see the population be in servitude and dependent just like a sick patient jack up on drugs. Its a vicious cycle.
We have a vision of what society can become. A place where everyone is a stakeholder of the earth. We invite all people who cares for the planet to study our aims and proposal for a better tomorrow.

This post has been edited by prakash11: Jan 13 2014, 06:39 PM
+Quote Post
tohtiengchiah
post Jan 15 2014, 07:46 AM

QUOTE(prakash11 @ Jan 12 2014, 05:34 PM)
Doesn't make a difference whether BN or PKR. All politicians only care about themselves and their cronies. There are a few clean renewable energy sources not tapped to its full potential
1. Solar
2. Wind
3. Wave
4. Geothermal
Why should we pay to tap solar power ?. In fact it should be installed without cost on every home. The banks are making money out of gullible people.Most of Malaysia is covered by coastline, we can tapped the unlimited power of the sea thru wave power. We don't need to rely on fossil fuels. We have the technology and resources to generate clean energy for the planet for generations. Why is this not happening?
It is the oil cartel and governments (politicians) which are hampering research and development for the transition to happen. They rather see the population be in servitude and dependent just like a sick patient jack up on drugs. Its a vicious cycle.
We have a vision of what society can become. A place where everyone is a stakeholder of the earth. We invite all people who cares for the planet to study our aims and proposal for a better tomorrow.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
MeToo
post Jan 15 2014, 02:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Hans.R @ Jan 3 2014, 02:33 PM)

mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif
Then they shouldnt complain/whine of paying more lor. There is a price for being a coward, if they will not vote for change means they are happy/content with the current regime, hence shutup and pay.

+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1356sec    2.52    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 04:07 PM