18 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cameron Highland V2, Tips on pg 1

views

alexchew_2020
post Aug 12 2013, 10:11 AM

MOD
3,363 posts

are brinchang pasar malam only open on saturday night? how about friday night?
weim76
post Aug 12 2013, 04:51 PM

Getting Started
224 posts

QUOTE(alexchew_2020 @ Aug 12 2013, 10:11 AM)
are brinchang pasar malam only open on saturday night? how about friday night?
Friday night too.
aien03
post Aug 23 2013, 12:53 AM

18 posts

Hi, between E Resort and Hillview Inn which one better to stay? The rate about the same around 130 at weekday. tq
blackhat_87
post Aug 23 2013, 04:53 PM

25 posts

Hi all, plan to go CH tis malaysia day. Want to take 2D1N any budget hotel at tanah rata can recommend if can below Rm100. Any place interesting to visit for tis 2 days? I stay selangor & which road is better btw tapah or raub-sg koyan(new)..
TSstimix
post Aug 23 2013, 05:17 PM

Dunno
Group Icon
3,542 posts

QUOTE(blackhat_87 @ Aug 23 2013, 04:53 PM)
Hi all, plan to go CH tis malaysia day. Want to take 2D1N  any budget hotel at tanah rata can recommend if can below Rm100.  Any place interesting to visit for tis 2 days? I stay selangor & which road is better btw tapah or raub-sg koyan(new)..
Tapah.
cboys00
post Aug 28 2013, 01:03 PM

Casual
346 posts

anyone have take taxi at CM....???

just want to know the taxi price from any hotel at tanah rata or brinchang to

a) Honey Bee Farms
b) Strawberry Farms
c) Tea Plantations
jaylim94
post Aug 29 2013, 08:58 PM

On my way
522 posts

Gosh Malaysia day at Cameron Highland sure jam until standstill.

Park the car somewhere and walk better laugh.gif
cboys00
post Aug 31 2013, 10:17 PM

Casual
346 posts

anyone experience take taxi in CH?
have taxi driver hp....easy for me to contact..more cheaper via sms

thanks
yuatyi
post Sep 3 2013, 04:52 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

Hi all,

I am going to CH this for 3D/2N - 13th till 15th Sept (Fri-Sun). I hope its the best date/day to travel there.

Will start journey from Selayang to CH via Tapah at around 6am. Hoping to reach BOH Tea plantation at around 11am? Is tat even possible? tongue.gif

I am quite wary of the traffic condition since on 16th is Malaysia Day (Mon). But I am opting to take a day off on 13th Fri to start my trip early hoping for a nice trip. Shouldn't be as bad as CNY traffic condition I believe.

Any pointers?

appsichen
post Sep 5 2013, 11:10 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(yuatyi @ Sep 3 2013, 04:52 PM)
Hi all,

I am going to CH this for 3D/2N - 13th till 15th Sept (Fri-Sun). I hope its the best date/day to travel there.

Will start journey from Selayang to CH via Tapah at around 6am. Hoping to reach BOH Tea plantation at around 11am? Is tat even possible? tongue.gif

I am quite wary of the traffic condition since on 16th is Malaysia Day (Mon). But I am opting to take a day off on 13th Fri to start my trip early hoping for a nice trip. Shouldn't be as bad as CNY traffic condition I believe.

Any pointers?
First of all, definitely not the best period to travel here if you are looking to avoid jam and over crowded town and attractions. However, since you are traveling on 13/9, should not be any problem. Crowd will only starts to build up during the evening. Good idea to leave early and try to visit as much places as you can on the 13th. on the 14th, massive jam expected - not ideal for traveling up to places like Kea Farm as you will be stuck in jam going back into town like Tanah Rata and Brinchang.

If you are staying in Brinchang, get a car park on the 14th morning and leave your car there. Visit places that are reachable by foot around Brinchang on the 14th.
cloudwan0
post Sep 5 2013, 05:04 PM

Getting Started
236 posts

plan to go CH, anyone know where is the lavender garden?
worth to go?
any new place/market/farm there?
about 2 years not going edi
Damonzero
post Sep 5 2013, 05:18 PM

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
1,467 posts

Going on next week, weekdays infact to avoid the usual crowd in cameron, hope to have a nice trip biggrin.gif

Will be staying at the Equatorial this time around to try out.

amandalim
post Sep 7 2013, 11:57 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

Is Equatorial hotel a good place to stay? Is it close to attractions like Boh Farm...etc
I'm planning to go on 14-15 Sep which I know will be super jam. So hoping to find a hotel closer to all the attractions that can be reached on foot.

Damonzero
post Sep 11 2013, 05:51 PM

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
1,467 posts

QUOTE(amandalim @ Sep 7 2013, 11:57 AM)
Is Equatorial hotel a good place to stay? Is it close to attractions like Boh Farm...etc
I'm planning to go on 14-15 Sep which I know will be super jam. So hoping to find a hotel closer to all the attractions that can be reached on foot.
Just came back from Equatorial 2 days ago, it was my 1st time stay, stayed for one night, it was a very bad experience:-

1) Slow check in, everyone holding groupon voucher to claim it, frustration for me as a normal room rates guest. Why mad? coz mainly it was a Sunday/Monday stay, supposedly weekenders are checking out but boy i was so wrong.

2) Gave me wrong room or trying to cheat by combining 2 single bed for me (booked a king size). doh.gif

3) After complaint. room changed and room was at level 9, room condition = BAD. doh.gif

4) Dirty fan, dust were so thick they literally fell down when it spins. DISGUSTING. doh.gif

5) Mattress spring was broken. doh.gif

6) Bed frame was broken. doh.gif

7) Got bitten by bed bugs. doh.gif

8) Standing shower just like First World Genting doh.gif

My previous trip i stayed in De La Ferns it was gazillion times better than this crap.

Avoid it at all cost.

This post has been edited by Damonzero: Sep 11 2013, 06:53 PM
youngman28
post Sep 11 2013, 07:18 PM

Getting Started
175 posts

QUOTE(amandalim @ Sep 7 2013, 12:57 PM)
Not stay in Equatorial Hotel before, thus no comment on this.

I did stayed in Natasha Apartment before, for the pricing, it consider value for money.
Some more , can have steamboat inside. Servise wise, soso only,
but the 1 bed room apartment is quite deccent if you have a group of 4-5 people.

Location wise, it is quite close to all the attraction, can even walk to night/ morning market.
During my stayed in CH, suprising, they are no traffic jammed encounter during my 3D2N stay.
I stayed between 26-28 July.

But, please prepare for the worst case, you need plan to reach yours hotel before 11:00am.
After this hour, the car will be pile up especially during public holiday. IMHO.

This post has been edited by youngman28: Sep 11 2013, 07:28 PM
youngman28
post Sep 11 2013, 07:24 PM

Getting Started
175 posts

QUOTE(cloudwan0 @ Sep 5 2013, 06:04 PM)
plan to go CH, anyone know where is the lavender garden?
worth to go?
any new place/market/farm there?
about 2 years not going edi
Lavendar garden is just 1 km away from the morning market (from Simpang Pulai)
Is consider a new attraction in CH, need buy ticket to go in, but worth every cent you spend.
The view is new, alot flower to take photo, can tour up to 2 hours.
cloudwan0
post Sep 12 2013, 09:34 AM

Getting Started
236 posts

QUOTE(youngman28 @ Sep 11 2013, 07:24 PM)
Lavendar garden is just 1 km away from the morning market (from Simpang Pulai)
Is consider a new attraction in CH, need buy ticket to go in, but worth every cent you spend.
The view is new, alot flower to take photo, can tour up to 2 hours.
ok, thanks
will plan for that notworthy.gif
yuatyi
post Sep 12 2013, 10:38 AM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(appsichen @ Sep 5 2013, 11:10 AM)
First of all, definitely not the best period to travel here if you are looking to avoid jam and over crowded town and attractions. However, since you are traveling on 13/9, should not be any problem. Crowd will only starts to build up during the evening. Good idea to leave early and try to visit as much places as you can on the 13th. on the 14th, massive jam expected - not ideal for traveling up to places like Kea Farm as you will be stuck in jam going back into town like Tanah Rata and Brinchang.

If you are staying in Brinchang, get a car park on the 14th morning and leave your car there. Visit places that are reachable by foot around Brinchang on the 14th.
Thanks so much for your helpful reply. notworthy.gif

I will be touring Brinchang on the first day. And on the 2nd day 14/9, will try to go to Tanah Rata area. Will only be going to Kea Farm/Tringkap are on my 3rd/last day, 15/9. This shud be fine right? I am hoping it will be lah. lol.

I am expecting people to start crowding CH on 14/9 then stay 3D2N till 16/9 (since 16/9 is a holiday). So predicting them to crowd Kea Farm on their last day on 16/9 there to buy veg and stuff to bring home. I am going back on the 15/9 (Sun) so I will go to Kea Farm on 3rd day. I am really hoping I could get to Rose Center and Lavender Farm on 3rd day too.

Actually I am staying walking distance to the Brinchang Night Market, Cactus Vally, Big Red Strawberry. It could be good, it could be bad cos the night market is a traffic congestion culprit. So I will try to work around the timing to beat it.

This post has been edited by yuatyi: Sep 12 2013, 10:56 AM
yuatyi
post Sep 12 2013, 11:19 AM

Getting Started
141 posts

Hi,

What do you think of my itinerary here:

1st day (13/9, Fri):

11am - BOH Tea Center, Sg Palas, Big Red Strawberry Farm, Cactus Valley

2pm - Check in Country Lodge at Brinchang

2.30pm - Time Tunnel @ Brinchang (wonder if I could walk there?)

3-4pm - Ye Olde Smokehouse, Tanah Rata town

6pm - Go back to Brinchang for steamboat

7pm - Brinchang Night Market

2nd day (14/9, Sat):

9am - Breakast at Brinchang

10am - Actually at first wanted to visit Lavender Garden and Rose Center but now might reconsider placing it on 3rd day instead.

10am - Bala's Holiday Chalets and Tanah Rata Town etc

1pm - Lord's Cafe at Tanah Rata

6.30pm - Dinner at Tanah rata

8pm - Brinchang Night Market

3rd day (15/9, Sun):

9am - Lavender Garden, Rose Center, Kea Farm

3pm - Go back to Brinchang for High Tea then go home.

Excited now cos tomorrow is my trip biggrin.gif

JXplod
post Sep 14 2013, 10:42 AM

Getting Started
166 posts

hi guys need some extra help, which apartment is worth to book? just for 1 night stay , this coming Monday 16/9

as i'm bringing 15 ppl to visit cameron highland , the whole family and relative.

need some decent apartment for a night stay. hope the shi fu here can help

18 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0249sec    0.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:23 PM