92 Pages « < 81 82 83 84 85 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Official iPhone 5 Discussion Thread || v6

views

st.gunner
post May 17 2015, 07:47 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

QUOTE(kokmengng @ May 17 2015, 07:10 PM)
2 of my friends, 1 from Perth another one from Malaysia, who did the same & got themselves a brand new refurbished set. So, no harm trying....  smile.gif

Sure, you can. I was planning to change mine in Perth back then. But due to the waiting time, and I was on vacation that time, so I decided to keep it first.
cool! hopefully i get a good refurbished set though. rclxm9.gif

my camera is screwed. there was a black spot on the camera. then it went off and now it appeared at another spot. happened just before my vacation. doh.gif

any recommendation where i should send it to? for the sleep/wake button program.
waka14
post May 17 2015, 08:16 PM

Casual
488 posts

Hey guys, i plan to get a refurbished Iphone 5 for my mum, and also possibly change the battery inside, how much would it cost for the 16gb variant? and where can i buy/ survey them? i live in bukit jalil,
p/s i dont know much about IOS devices because ive been using android all the while and i was a symbian s40 user before that, thanks in advance!
kokmengng
post May 18 2015, 09:11 AM

Enthusiast
882 posts

QUOTE(st.gunner @ May 17 2015, 07:47 PM)
cool! hopefully i get a good refurbished set though. rclxm9.gif 

my camera is screwed. there was a black spot on the camera. then it went off and now it appeared at another spot. happened just before my vacation.  doh.gif

any recommendation where i should send it to? for the sleep/wake button program.
Northpoint Office
B-G-2, Ground Floor
Northpoint Office, Mid Valley City
No 1 Medan Syed Putra Utara
59200 Kuala Lumpur.

Tel: 603 2289 5388
Fax: 603 2289 5389

st.gunner
post May 18 2015, 09:45 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

QUOTE(kokmengng @ May 18 2015, 09:11 AM)
Northpoint Office
B-G-2, Ground Floor
59200 Kuala Lumpur.

Thanks bro!
ShardzOne
post May 26 2015, 12:03 AM

Getting Started
77 posts

Is it recommended to buy new refurbished iPhone 5? Furthermore, i dont understand how refurbished set comes with sealed box. Is it the phone have been used before? If so, the phone is technically 2nd hand am i right?
kenlui
post May 26 2015, 08:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,379 posts

QUOTE(ShardzOne @ May 26 2015, 12:03 AM)
Is it recommended to buy new refurbished iPhone 5? Furthermore, i dont understand how refurbished set comes with sealed box. Is it the phone have been used before? If so, the phone is technically 2nd hand am i right?
If refurbrished by apple, don't think the box is sealed. Box that comes with it is different from the retail box anyway. Yeah, technically 2nd hand, but very new 2nd hand.
parabellum
post May 26 2015, 10:04 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(kokmengng @ May 15 2015, 09:44 AM)
I checked with Northpoint Office before and was told it will take 2 weeks. You guys can also call to ask if you have further question.

Northpoint Office
B-G-2, Ground Floor
59200 Kuala Lumpur.

My phone is eligible but the power button is still working properly. If i take my phone to them are they going to replace my phone anyway?
kokmengng
post May 27 2015, 09:31 AM

Enthusiast
882 posts

QUOTE(parabellum @ May 26 2015, 10:04 PM)
My phone is eligible but the power button is still working properly. If i take my phone to them are they going to replace my phone anyway?
Like i said, as long as you are eligible they can't stop you from sending in for replacement.

What is more important is you must NOT tell them that your phone is working properly now. Remember your power button is "not working properly". brows.gif
shaniandras2787
post May 27 2015, 10:57 AM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(waka14 @ May 17 2015, 08:16 PM)
Hey guys, i plan to get a refurbished Iphone 5 for my mum, and also possibly change the battery inside, how much would it cost for the 16gb variant? and where can i buy/ survey them? i live in bukit jalil,
p/s i dont know much about IOS devices because ive been using android all the while and i was a symbian s40 user before that, thanks in advance!
why 5 and not 5S?

when buying a refurbished set, you first need to verify how is it being "refurbished". some people merely performed a factory reset and then sells it to you. that is not refurbished. that is just buying second hand.

there are plenty of options available for getting a properly refurbished phone.

i've seen some offers in online shopping websites (lazada, groupon etc) few months back. you don't need to necessarily make the transaction online. you can call the vendors and then drop by their shop personally to examine the product.

be very careful though since you're new to iOS. if you accidentally bought a stolen/locked phone and the vendor refused to refund the monies to you, you are screwed.

QUOTE(ShardzOne @ May 26 2015, 12:03 AM)
same thing here. why 5 and not 5S?

if you can get a properly refurbished 5S with a decent price then go for it because it's the closest thing you can get now to the iPhone 6.

which vendor represented to you it comes in a "sealed box". refurbished set simply means second hand units that were traded in and then giving it a make over.

so, refurbished units will never come in a "sealed box" because:-
1) it serves no purposes: and
2) probably heat wrapped by vendors later on;
3) gimmick to secure higher price.
everdomdom
post May 29 2015, 11:08 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

Hi! Help. I decided to set a prank on my fren which is an iphone user. I send a text message that suppose to crash the iphone (reboot) via whatsapps. Now his iphone can't turn on, always in bootloop. Anyone encounter this problem?

The description of the bug
http://www.lowyat.net/2015/05/bug-on-ios-c...f-unicode-text/
nickcct
post May 31 2015, 06:51 PM

Une Vie Fantastique
2,833 posts

QUOTE(everdomdom @ May 29 2015, 11:08 PM)
Hi! Help. I decided to set a prank on my fren which is an iphone user. I send a text message that suppose to crash the iphone (reboot) via whatsapps. Now his iphone can't turn on, always in bootloop. Anyone encounter this problem?

The description of the bug
http://www.lowyat.net/2015/05/bug-on-ios-c...f-unicode-text/
It bootloop at which screen? stuck at apple logo?

So far i tested with few of my friends, there is no issue, only reboot. hmm.gif
waka14
post May 31 2015, 10:12 PM

Casual
488 posts

QUOTE(shaniandras2787 @ May 27 2015, 10:57 AM)
why 5 and not 5S?

when buying a refurbished set, you first need to verify how is it being "refurbished". some people merely performed a factory reset and then sells it to you. that is not refurbished. that is just buying second hand.

there are plenty of options available for getting a properly refurbished phone.

i've seen some offers in online shopping websites (lazada, groupon etc) few months back. you don't need to necessarily make the transaction online. you can call the vendors and then drop by their shop personally to examine the product.

be very careful though since you're new to iOS. if you accidentally bought a stolen/locked phone and the vendor refused to refund the monies to you, you are screwed.
same thing here. why 5 and not 5S?

if you can get a properly refurbished 5S with a decent price then go for it because it's the closest thing you can get now to the iPhone 6.

which vendor represented to you it comes in a "sealed box". refurbished set simply means second hand units that were traded in and then giving it a make over.

so, refurbished units will never come in a "sealed box" because:-
1) it serves no purposes: and
2) probably heat wrapped by vendors later on;
3) gimmick to secure higher price.
got it,thanks man!
everdomdom
post Jun 1 2015, 11:33 AM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(nickcct @ May 31 2015, 07:51 PM)
It bootloop at which screen? stuck at apple logo?

So far i tested with few of my friends, there is no issue, only reboot.  hmm.gif
stuck at apple logo, after sometimes it will direct to lockscreen, but in less than 1 seconds it divert back to apple logo again. :/
connected to itunes in recovery mode, itunes said the phone must perform factory reset only can be use again sad.gif
shaniandras2787
post Jun 2 2015, 09:35 AM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

QUOTE(everdomdom @ Jun 1 2015, 11:33 AM)
stuck at apple logo, after sometimes it will direct to lockscreen, but in less than 1 seconds it divert back to apple logo again. :/
connected to itunes in recovery mode, itunes said the phone must perform factory reset only can be use again sad.gif
then backup via iTunes and then factory reset.
blissandecstasy
post Jun 3 2015, 04:43 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

user posted image

Just back from euro trip, raining all day everyday, no choice need a phone for the maps. At first there's black spot on my screen, after I "rendam" and leave it in rice for few days. The screen back to normal and the black spot gone. Thought everything gonna be okay, when back home now my screen turn up like picture above. How much to change the screen? laugh.gif
kokmengng
post Jun 3 2015, 05:46 PM

Enthusiast
882 posts

QUOTE(blissandecstasy @ Jun 3 2015, 04:43 PM)
user posted image

Just back from euro trip, raining all day everyday, no choice need a phone for the maps. At first there's black spot on my screen, after I "rendam" and leave it in rice for few days. The screen back to normal and the black spot gone. Thought everything gonna be okay, when back home now my screen turn up like picture above. How much to change the screen? laugh.gif
Try iFix

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=36623196
blissandecstasy
post Jun 3 2015, 07:38 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(kokmengng @ Jun 3 2015, 05:46 PM)
thanks will check em out.
jingyong
post Jun 12 2015, 07:34 PM

Casual
472 posts

QUOTE(kokmengng @ May 17 2015, 07:10 PM)
2 of my friends, 1 from Perth another one from Malaysia, who did the same & got themselves a brand new refurbished set. So, no harm trying....  smile.gif

Sure, you can. I was planning to change mine in Perth back then. But due to the waiting time, and I was on vacation that time, so I decided to keep it first.
QUOTE(kokmengng @ May 27 2015, 09:31 AM)
Like i said, as long as you are eligible they can't stop you from sending in for replacement.

What is more important is you must NOT tell them that your phone is working properly now. Remember your power button is "not working properly".  brows.gif
my Iphone 5 is US set.. bought in 2012.. now i got battery swollen & sleep wake button problem. I checked online n the sleep/wake button is under replacement program while the battery swollen is not.

I sent my iPhone 5 to JB Authorised service centre Mac City.. they told me they cant replace it coz its a US set..

Is that true???
kokmengng
post Jun 13 2015, 04:51 PM

Enthusiast
882 posts

QUOTE(jingyong @ Jun 12 2015, 07:34 PM)
my Iphone 5 is US set.. bought in 2012.. now i got battery swollen & sleep wake button problem. I checked online n the sleep/wake button is under replacement program while the battery swollen is not.

I sent my iPhone 5 to JB Authorised service centre Mac City.. they told me they cant replace it coz its a US set..

Is that true???
As far as i know there is no such thing as my friend managed to change hers in AU even though it is a MY set. Same goes for your case. Have you also call up other Apple Service Center to verify this?
st.gunner
post Jun 13 2015, 05:06 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

mine is aussie set and i went to both KLCC machines and Northpoint machines. they don't want to accept my phone.

I called australia apple line too. they said they can't do anything for me if the msia reseller don't accept my phone.

However Northpoint ask me to call apple toll free to ask. if apple toll free can accept my case they will accept my case when i give them the referral number.

1800-803-638 Mon-Fri 9am-6pm Msia time.

92 Pages « < 81 82 83 84 85 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0296sec    0.55    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:00 PM