Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Proton Exora Bold vs Toyota Innova, Yes it's me again. Final showdown :hehe:

views

TSYouDontKnowMyName
post Jun 13 2013, 05:13 PM, updated 6y ago

Look at all my stars!! Oh wai...
1,184 posts

Hey everyone, it's me again tongue.gif

This time, my dad wants to decide between these 2 cars for my mom, Proton Exora Bold CFE Premium (RM80k) and Toyota Innova (RM100k) brows.gif

My dad is considering between the Toyota Innova which cost RM100K, but after doing some research, I found that Proton Exora Bold CFE Premium cost RM80k and Proton Exora Prime which cost RM89k.

The top of the line Exora's are attractive because of all of the additional features such as leather seats, reverse camera etc.

My mom is currently driving a first-gen Avanza. The only thing that's Toyota about this car is the Engine and badge doh.gif
So no matter which car will be her next car, it will most certainly be an upgrade to her sweat.gif

My questions for the Proton Exora,
1. What are the main differences between Bold CFE Premium and the Exora Prime? (apart from fake wood finishing)

2. How's the fuel consumption for the CFE engines (assuming both of the variants share the same FC since it's same engine)

3. I always hear lots of complaints about build quality issues for proton (for example dashboard rattling after a few years, plastics loose/broken, paint peeling).
Has Proton's quality improved with the Exora? (I don't fully believe these "problems" since mostly are made by Proton haters. )

I want full honesty from people who had experience with Proton or the Exora themselves thumbup.gif

And for the questions of comparison between Proton Exora Bold CFE Premium and Toyota Innova whistling.gif
4. How is performance and handling between these two cars? (Since both are MPV, I don't expect much. Just wanna know which is better between these 2 cars)

5. How is the ride comfort when compared to Toyota Innova? (going over bumps on road, potholes etc)

6. Which car has better fuel economy?

7. Is the Toyota Innova's build quality more superior than the Exora? (Given that the Innova is manufactured in Indonesia)

8. Is the Proton Exora as reliable as the Toyota Innova?

I sincerely hope for honest and unbiased answers cool.gif

Thanks in advance for your answers! icon_rolleyes.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of 14 July 2013, the decision has been made!

Exora Bold CFE Premium is the choice of car.

Main reasons for the Exora Bold CFE Premium
1. CFE engine is superb. Very powerful and great pickup!
2. Larger boot space than the Innova and more versatile seat fold-down layout
3. Air-cond on the Exora Bold is far more superior.
It's super cold and never have to go more than fan speed 1!
4. For RM80k, Exora Bold CFE Premium has loads of features (Reverse camera, leather seats, tint etc)
5. Excellent handling for an MPV

A thread I found while researching about these cars, I found to be useful and informative.
The comparisons he/she made is extremely precise and true to what I've found.
Link to that helpful thread
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2556542/all

Thank you everyone! thumbup.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by YouDontKnowMyName: Jul 14 2013, 12:30 AM
MR_alien
post Jun 13 2013, 05:31 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
2,296 posts

1. the difference is just cosmetic and and interior differences only
2. ask exora bold member
3. i dn't think have, have also minor...as long minor problem like vibration is better than major problem like engine and transmission
4. performance wise, 1 is turbochaged, 1 is N/A...its got its own pros and cons
6. dn't expect good FC from the 2.0L engine....both should be the same in FC
7. dn't expect the build quality being alot better since its not japanese made at all
8. the proton team tested the reliability of the engine and the transmission until 200k KM before they release it

my opinion...both car are at a different range of price....big difference
if u got restriction in budget, just get exora bold...its a great car

This post has been edited by MR_alien: Jun 13 2013, 05:33 PM
kimsim
post Jun 13 2013, 05:31 PM

Let Me ❤️ You
5,847 posts

Exora CFE more powerful of turbo engine.
Due to noise wise is depend on you.

Innova is more into quality of built, but the car is really use for weekend car, unless you can afford the petrol.

If long term usage on innova still much nicer and ride.
Exora will be more into maintenance and wear & tear and worm out after 3 yrs time.

But some Exora owner claims much nicer FC and check with Exora Club member.

Cheers!
TSYouDontKnowMyName
post Jun 13 2013, 06:10 PM

1,184 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Jun 13 2013, 05:31 PM)
1. the difference is just cosmetic and and interior differences only
2. ask exora bold member
3. i dn't think have, have also minor...as long minor problem like vibration is better than major problem like engine and transmission
4. performance wise, 1 is turbochaged, 1 is N/A...its got its own pros and cons
6. dn't expect good FC from the 2.0L engine....both should be the same in FC
7. dn't expect the build quality being alot better since its not japanese made at all
8. the proton team tested the reliability of the engine and the transmission until 200k KM before they release it

my opinion...both car are at a different range of price....big difference
if u got restriction in budget, just get exora bold...its a great car
It's true that both are in different range of price, but I guess that's only because of the brand name whistling.gif

QUOTE(kimsim @ Jun 13 2013, 05:31 PM)
Exora CFE more powerful of turbo engine.
Due to noise wise is depend on you.

Innova is more into quality of built, but the car is really use for weekend car, unless you can afford the petrol.

If long term usage on innova still much nicer and ride.
Exora will be more into maintenance and wear & tear and worm out after 3 yrs time.

But some Exora owner claims much nicer FC and check with Exora Club member.

Cheers!
From most of the reviews and comments, seems like Exora has a slightly better fuel economy hmm.gif
kadajawi
post Jun 13 2013, 08:22 PM

On my way
537 posts

The only thing Toyota on the Innova is engine and badge. Rest is from Indonesia or India... Wasn't it developed in Indonesia, by Indonesian engineers, like the Avanza?
TSYouDontKnowMyName
post Jun 13 2013, 08:55 PM

1,184 posts

QUOTE(kadajawi @ Jun 13 2013, 08:22 PM)
The only thing Toyota on the Innova is engine and badge. Rest is from Indonesia or India... Wasn't it developed in Indonesia, by Indonesian engineers, like the Avanza?
That's what I'm worried about. It's basically the same as my mom's first-gen Avanza. The only thing toyota about the first-gen Avanza is the badge and engine sweat.gif
MR_alien
post Jun 13 2013, 09:22 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
2,296 posts

QUOTE(YouDontKnowMyName @ Jun 13 2013, 08:55 PM)
That's what I'm worried about. It's basically the same as my mom's first-gen Avanza. The only thing toyota about the first-gen Avanza is the badge and engine  sweat.gif
just get the exora thn
asean toyota really not worthed unless u get those made in japan model
TSYouDontKnowMyName
post Jun 13 2013, 10:43 PM

1,184 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Jun 13 2013, 09:22 PM)
just get the exora thn
asean toyota really not worthed unless u get those made in japan model
You mean like those japan domestic market models / internationally sold models?
MR_alien
post Jun 13 2013, 10:50 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
2,296 posts

QUOTE(YouDontKnowMyName @ Jun 13 2013, 10:43 PM)
You mean like those japan domestic market models / internationally sold models?
as long not avanza, rush, innova...other model like estima, wish are all ok
Yong_5290
post Jun 13 2013, 10:58 PM

Getting Started
149 posts

Performance wise i would say go with the Exora , this kind of heavy car relies mostly on
torque to moss their big ass. This is why 4x4 weighting around 2 tonne mostly are turbocharged .

With the turbo unit , u get around 200nm of torque from 2k rpm where as the 2.0 liter unit max out torque of 180 something at rpm of 4k rpm.

By keeping rpm low , u will get good fc .
neo1point3
post Jun 13 2013, 11:00 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

EB fc definitely better than innova
Innova has better build quality than EB, low speed more quiet. High speed both car quite loud
Eb have better air cond thumbup.gif
EB interior looks nicer than innova
Innova more refined
Eb comes with great accessories at much cheaper price
Eb engine have higher output than innova
Eb cvt whine quite loud below 30km/h
You might not tolerate with clutch based cvt

I am EB owner. I will only consider innova if innova G sell at the same price of EB

Prime - 6seater, lcd headunit, lcd behind driver and passenger seat, unique body colour and darker rims, more chrome finishing, fake wood interior, seats leather got write 'prime', the carpet also got written prime of im not mistaken
Yong_5290
post Jun 13 2013, 11:05 PM

Getting Started
149 posts

If you want your ride to be more quiet , sound proof your car floor , no need for fully sound proof , covering up to 70% will different a lot. Next thing is get 3M rubber seal and put arond your car rubber, it will seal off wind sound by A LOT .
TSYouDontKnowMyName
post Jun 13 2013, 11:07 PM

1,184 posts

QUOTE(neo1point3 @ Jun 13 2013, 11:00 PM)
Innova has better build quality than EB, low speed more quiet. High speed both car quite loud
Innova more refined

I am EB owner. I will only consider innova if innova G sell at the same price of EB

Prime - 6seater, lcd headunit, lcd behind driver and passenger seat, unique body colour and darker rims, more chrome finishing, fake wood interior, seats leather got write 'prime', the carpet also got written prime of im not mistaken
Thanks for all of your replies!

My main concern is build quality issues (as i stated in question number 3 above)
(dashboard rattling, plastics tearing, paint peeling etc)

How many years have you owned the EB for? How's the build quality for the EB for your unit so far?
Any problems with things becoming loose or rattle noise? And has Proton improved on their build quality with the EB? sweat.gif

This post has been edited by YouDontKnowMyName: Jun 13 2013, 11:08 PM
neo1point3
post Jun 14 2013, 02:09 AM

Getting Started
174 posts

QUOTE(YouDontKnowMyName @ Jun 13 2013, 11:07 PM)
Thanks for all of your replies!

My main concern is build quality issues (as i stated in question number 3 above)
(dashboard rattling, plastics tearing, paint peeling etc)

How many years have you owned the EB for? How's the build quality for the EB for your unit so far?
Any problems with things becoming loose or rattle noise? And has Proton improved on their build quality with the EB? sweat.gif
Plastic quality not bad. Quite good. Rattle a little bit when hard accelerate. Can be solved by using better engine mounting.
No plastic tearing, no paint peeling so far
Have been using EB for 1 year 3months. Satisfied with the quality given at that price tag.
The latest batch should be less prone to problem

TSYouDontKnowMyName
post Jun 14 2013, 02:25 AM

1,184 posts

QUOTE(neo1point3 @ Jun 14 2013, 02:09 AM)
Plastic quality not bad. Quite good. Rattle a little bit when hard accelerate. Can be solved by using better engine mounting.
No plastic tearing, no paint peeling so far
Have been using EB for 1 year 3months. Satisfied with the quality given at that price tag.
The latest batch should be less prone to problem
That's nice to hear. The additional accessories are really attractive, plus the price is really low for what you're getting.
The moment my mom heard about leather seats, she immediately drool.gif

Hopefully the EB will withstand daily abuse for the next 5-6 years, which judging by brand image seems like only the japanese can achieve doh.gif
From only that, my parents don't feel secure about the EB rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by YouDontKnowMyName: Jun 14 2013, 02:28 AM
flowerhorn
post Jun 15 2013, 01:03 AM

Getting Started
257 posts

The plastic quite nice but gets scratch easily. For the price, it's definitely the best bang for your buck. There's definitely improvements in this proton compared to the predessors. I wanted to get the freed initially. Didn't event think about exora. But by chance I test drove the bold after testing the freed and I was sold. Freed power was a deal breaker for me.
TSYouDontKnowMyName
post Jun 15 2013, 01:08 AM

1,184 posts

QUOTE(flowerhorn @ Jun 15 2013, 01:03 AM)
The plastic quite nice but gets scratch easily. For the price, it's definitely the best bang for your buck. There's definitely improvements in this proton compared to the predessors. I wanted to get the freed initially. Didn't event think about exora. But by chance I test drove the bold after testing the freed and I was sold. Freed power was a deal breaker for me.
Freed looks ugly imo doh.gif
Which trim of the exora bold do you own and how long have you owned it for? also, any problems so far? biggrin.gif
_H20_
post Jun 15 2013, 09:05 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

Innova's fc is higher than exora due to 2.0 liter engine. Furthermore, innova has no pick up even i press down to the metal.

Built in quality for innova is better from exora.

Exora cfe speeding at 90km/h and rpm showing at 2k which it is good at low end torque.
kadajawi
post Jun 15 2013, 10:00 AM

On my way
537 posts

QUOTE(YouDontKnowMyName @ Jun 15 2013, 01:08 AM)
Freed looks ugly imo doh.gif
Which trim of the exora bold do you own and how long have you owned it for? also, any problems so far? biggrin.gif
It's easily the most practical and useful car though. It's the only Honda that I would consider buying.
joefbi
post Jun 15 2013, 10:50 AM

joefbi a.k.a roketx
2,555 posts

1. What are the main differences between Bold CFE Premium and the Exora Prime? (apart from fake wood finishing)
only cosmetic on the interior, obviously the seating capacity

2. How's the fuel consumption for the CFE engines (assuming both of the variants share the same FC since it's same engine)
bad FC for city driving, fair FC on the highway, btw it's turbos engine, how do u expect to be good as NA engine?

3. I always hear lots of complaints about build quality issues for proton (for example dashboard rattling after a few years, plastics loose/broken, paint peeling).
Has Proton's quality improved with the Exora? (I don't fully believe these "problems" since mostly are made by Proton haters. )
they improved. yes still not very good in NVH, but i dont think got problem on visual e.g paint peeling? no lah...even my brother's new VIOS got tyre bearing problem after few months. all brands got problem, only proton got many haters. they will said 'proton got problem because they make a problematic cars'. but when toyotas car problem, 'oh..that one is lemon unit'

4. How is performance and handling between these two cars? (Since both are MPV, I don't expect much. Just wanna know which is better between these 2 cars)
my mum got exora bold premium. i drove it a lot, to terengganu, kedah...dare i tell u, performance wise, i can tapau wish on the hill climb(gunung semanggol, ipoh etc) and tailgating alphard. drove to cameron highland once, can take sharp corners very well, even estima cannot follow.yeah, true story

5. How is the ride comfort when compared to Toyota Innova? (going over bumps on road, potholes etc)
innova is made base on the same chasis as HILUX (they share the same frame). what do u expect from HILUX handling and comfort? they are offroad vehicles lor

innova is 2.0 while EB is 1.6 which power same as 2.0...my boss already change to EB last year. previously he own toyota UNSER 1.8..he tell me that EB still saving compare to 1.8 UNSER..so, how to compare with 2.0 INNOVA? u figure it out

7. Is the Toyota Innova's build quality more superior than the Exora? (Given that the Innova is manufactured in Indonesia)
in term of build quality, i will say toyota wins. but u may check the price. if proton can sell EB near to 100k, i know the build quality will be superb too..

they both group as MPV, as a MPV yes both are reliable, but in term of space, EB 3rd line seat is not suitable for adults and it's luggage capacity may less compare to innova huge chasis
TSYouDontKnowMyName
post Jun 15 2013, 11:56 AM

1,184 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

thanks for your detailed reply!

My dad says since the EB's CFE engine is relatively new, only time will tell if it will be reliable or not as that is one of his concern tongue.gif

This post has been edited by YouDontKnowMyName: Jun 15 2013, 11:57 AM
amdxp
post Jul 9 2013, 12:17 PM

Getting Started
179 posts

QUOTE(kadajawi @ Jun 15 2013, 10:00 AM)
It's easily the most practical and useful car though. It's the only Honda that I would consider buying.
Yup, that is for me too. Don't fall in love with all other hondas except Freed due to the sliding door and compact size. Very practical and space efficient. I got Alza for my wife instead mainly due to price tag diff.

But even 3 years later, both me and wife still talking about buying Freed if there is chance to get used one at below RM70k.
kadajawi
post Jul 9 2013, 02:07 PM

On my way
537 posts

QUOTE(amdxp @ Jul 9 2013, 12:17 PM)
Yup, that is for me too.  Don't fall in love with all other hondas except Freed due to the sliding door and compact size.  Very practical and space efficient.  I got Alza for my wife instead mainly due to price tag diff.

But even 3 years later, both me and wife still talking about buying Freed if there is chance to get used one at below RM70k.
I couldn't even find a second hand Freed, period. I think those who have one won't give it away. Maybe they like it too much. Have to wait until it is older... But maybe too few people bought one in the first place.

This post has been edited by kadajawi: Jul 9 2013, 02:08 PM
TSYouDontKnowMyName
post Jul 14 2013, 12:20 AM

1,184 posts

Hey again everyone, just to update this thread with my final decision, the Exora Bold CFE Premium is the chosen one biggrin.gif

Excellent value for money is the main reason for the decision laugh.gif

Thanks everyone for your input!
drpetra
post Feb 2 2014, 04:12 PM

6 posts

Bro, how about an update on your bold as per all your questions. I'm sure other readers would like some feedback. Tq
ben5113
post Nov 3 2014, 10:15 PM

11 posts

Sorry for bringing up this post.. Im looking for a rental mpv which i can only think of Exora or INNOVA.
Im going with a group of 8 adults
My destination is Cameron Highland
My concern is the safety and FC
Happy if any of u can share it here too
alwinnng
post Nov 3 2014, 10:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,296 posts

QUOTE(ben5113 @ Nov 3 2014, 10:15 PM)
Sorry for bringing up this post.. Im looking for a rental mpv which i can only think of Exora or INNOVA.
A group of 8?

Starex better

Cause 8 ppl exora and innova may not be as comfortable
dtna7
post Nov 3 2014, 10:28 PM

Casual
453 posts

Just to clear some confusion happening here. Turbocharging and downsizing will improve fuel consumption significantly. It's only Proton's CFE that is still such a fuel guzzler.
ben5113
post Nov 3 2014, 10:58 PM

11 posts

oh it is? coz i read somewhere Innova still comfort with 8pax.. anyway thanks for the response smile.gif
alwinnng
post Nov 3 2014, 11:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,296 posts

QUOTE(ben5113 @ Nov 3 2014, 10:58 PM)
oh it is? coz i read somewhere Innova still comfort with 8pax.. anyway thanks for the response smile.gif
Cause innova is actually 7 seater nod.gif
Boy96
post Nov 4 2014, 12:39 AM

That's a tripod.
2,921 posts

QUOTE(alwinnng @ Nov 3 2014, 11:05 PM)
Cause innova is actually 7 seater nod.gif
Innova is 8 seater la not 7. Its 2 3 3 arrangement..
arza04
post Nov 4 2014, 12:48 AM

Getting Started
212 posts

Anyone who considering buy exora bold, go read exora bold thread brows.gif tongue.gif
alwinnng
post Nov 4 2014, 12:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,296 posts

QUOTE(Boy96 @ Nov 4 2014, 12:39 AM)
Innova is 8 seater la not 7. Its 2 3 3 arrangement..
The 3rd row is narrower than 2nd row summore got the tyre bump there at the leg space forcing both left and right passengers on 3rd row to have minimal leg space.. And summore the side there make until so freakin thick..

So yeah.. 3 people if one is a kiddo/baby.

TSYouDontKnowMyName
post Nov 4 2014, 02:26 AM

1,184 posts

Wah I just realised my one year old thread kena bumped LOL laugh.gif

btw Exora 3rd row seats can only seat 2 adults max. I have squeezed 3 people in the 3rd row seat before for short distance though. Not comfortable, but possible.

Innova should be better if wanna fit 3 people in the 3rd row seats as the bench is significantly wider than the Exora's.

Anyway just a quick update since I'm here anyway.

It has been 11 months since I got the Exora. So far everything still good.

Very satisfied with it. Drives great, powerful, spacious and enjoying all the features smile.gif

Reverse camera is extremely useful. Bluetooth auto-connect & play feature is super convenient.

The turbo is extremely addictive and the handling is decent for an MPV tongue.gif

My Premium's 2nd row seat feels quite flat and unsupportive though. The Prime's 2nd row captain seats should be way more comfortable for long distance travelling. But that would mean sacrificing 1 seating capacity if you choose to go for the Prime.

My only complaints with it so far (which I already expected prior to getting the car)
1. Interior plastics cheapo feeling (not a problem though)
2. CVT whine is very obvious. Cabin vibration is apparent. A little bit annoying but overall still okay.
3. Fuel guzzler. I'm averaging about 8km/L for 100% city drive, and 11.5km/L for 80% highway 20% city drive.

To me even though it drinks alot of fuel, at least it has the power to justify it.

Overall I'm pretty happy with my decision smile.gif

This post has been edited by YouDontKnowMyName: Nov 4 2014, 02:39 AM
SleeplessEyes
post Nov 4 2014, 08:11 AM

I'm me bro, let me be me
936 posts

QUOTE(dtna7 @ Nov 3 2014, 10:28 PM)
Just to clear some confusion happening here. Turbocharging and downsizing will improve fuel consumption significantly. It's only Proton's CFE that is still such a fuel guzzler.
Well it depends on how you drive. I dont think it's just Proton's CFE design.
Turbo power is addictive. Who doesn't want to feel the boost coming on.

Its in fact, the fuel consumption, if driven properly and gently, can be abit more fuel saving than a 2.0NA, but more powerful than a 2.0NA.

But if that driver drives like Satan, then yes, it does comes with a price.
Thats the beauty of turbo. A 2-face engine. One minute it can be a civilized 1.6L engine trying to save as much petrol as possible. Next minute you can put your foot down and put the Vellfire 2.4L to shame on straight line.

On steady highway, I managed to achieve 8.5L/100KM (once it went to 8l/100KM for a while), which is not bad.
But town driving, yes, it can go up to 11l/100KM.

Please remember, this is a 7-seater MPV carrying your entire family.
it's much heavier than a sedan. Hence city driving FC will suffer alot.

But when you put away the cons about heavy fuel consumption, it's worth it for the power and space to carry your entire family of 7 adults.

This post has been edited by SleeplessEyes: Nov 4 2014, 08:24 AM
dtna7
post Nov 4 2014, 08:42 AM

Casual
453 posts

QUOTE(SleeplessEyes @ Nov 4 2014, 08:11 AM)
Well it depends on how you drive. I dont think it's just Proton's CFE design.
Turbo power is addictive. Who doesn't want to feel the boost coming on.

Its in fact, the fuel consumption, if driven properly and gently, can be abit more fuel saving than a 2.0NA, but more powerful than a 2.0NA.

But if that driver drives like Satan, then yes, it does comes with a price.
Thats the beauty of turbo. A 2-face engine. One minute it can be a civilized 1.6L engine trying to save as much petrol as possible. Next minute you can put your foot down and put the Vellfire 2.4L to shame on straight line. 

On steady highway, I managed to achieve 8.5L/100KM (once it went to 8l/100KM for a while), which is not bad.
But town driving, yes, it can go up to 11l/100KM.

Please remember, this is a 7-seater MPV carrying your entire family.
it's much heavier than a sedan. Hence city driving FC will suffer alot.

But when you put away the cons about heavy fuel consumption, it's worth it for the power and space to carry your entire family of 7 adults.
Like it or not, the 1.6L CFE is consuming a hell lot more than my 2.0L TSI. Let's not even compare the 1.4TSI engine as that would make the CFE look like a dinosaur.

Put Vellfire 2.4L to shame? Omg sometimes the syok sendiri Proton owners syndrome can be really intimidating. doh.gif
Matrix
post Nov 4 2014, 10:11 AM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

QUOTE(ben5113 @ Nov 3 2014, 10:15 PM)
Rental. Naik bukit. 8 Adults....adui...still want to talk FC???
doh.gif

Its not like you are buying the car. Just pump Vpowah and go lah. Fuiyo!!

Safety is your priority...Rental cars condition usualy so-so....maybe you should demand a look at the service record history.
dstl1128
post Nov 4 2014, 03:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,436 posts

QUOTE(dtna7 @ Nov 4 2014, 08:42 AM)
Omg sometimes the syok sendiri Proton owners syndrome can be really intimidating. doh.gif
At least they claimed can smoke whatever vehicles that don't even bother.
newmaster
post Nov 4 2014, 03:52 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

At least they dont need very worrisome about their gb tongue.gif tongue.gif

This post has been edited by newmaster: Nov 4 2014, 03:56 PM
wtm0325
post Nov 8 2014, 06:52 PM

1,752 posts

I test drive both cars, ended up choosing innova coz:
1. Finishing quality of interior, innova feels very much comfy n refined, rear passenger seat is much comfort (exora is too flat) speaker quality oso much better
2. Seat arrangement and folding mechanism.. I need to put 2 baby chair, one at 2nd row n the other at 3rd row, wife will seat at the 3rd n leaving left of 2nd row folded to entertain the kids.. sitting at 3rd row of exora on test drive already feel not comfort...
3. Driving visibility.. innova is higher (even exora is high enuf), n rear passenger visibility towards outside view also feels better coz of car overall height

Again, this is a family car meant for comfy ride, innova hit the point..

Other than tht, exora wins in performance, n drive like sedan, accelerate like my civic n can zig zag here n there being its big size... innova pick up like tortoise.. haih... the losing side of exora will be the noisy vroom vroom sound, lower quality built, not as comfy on long distance especially 3rd row

HenSem wise, mesti exora LA.. but if u spend some money to change innova stock rim, it may look quite good actually

Both oso makan minyak, nuff said

See wat u wan lor...
arza04
post Nov 8 2014, 08:21 PM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(wtm0325 @ Nov 8 2014, 06:52 PM)
1. Finishing quality of interior, innova feels very much comfy n refined, rear passenger seat is much comfort (exora is too flat) speaker quality oso much better
2. Seat arrangement and folding mechanism.. I need to put 2 baby chair, one at 2nd row n the other at 3rd row, wife will seat at the 3rd n leaving left of 2nd row folded to entertain the kids.. sitting at 3rd row of exora on test drive already feel not comfort...
3. Driving visibility.. innova is higher (even exora is high enuf), n rear passenger visibility towards outside view also feels better coz of car overall height

Other than tht, exora wins in performance, n drive like sedan, accelerate like my civic n can zig zag here n there being its big size... innova pick up like tortoise.. haih... the losing side of exora will be the noisy vroom vroom sound, lower quality built, not as comfy on long distance especially 3rd row

HenSem wise, mesti exora LA.. but if u spend some money to change innova stock rim, it may look quite good actually

See wat u wan lor...
Good choice bro, you also avoid radiator burst, abs sensor malfunction and oil cooling hose leak problem
riezzien
post Nov 9 2014, 04:12 AM

Getting Started
73 posts

Eb better.
Prime got captain seats, dif headunit,headrest monitor.
Used eb for 6 mths d so far no problem.
After discounts should get around 73k d.quite cheap.
Free service 3 years summore.

riezzien
post Nov 9 2014, 04:12 AM

Getting Started
73 posts

Eb better.
Prime got captain seats, dif headunit,headrest monitor.
Used eb for 6 mths d so far no problem.
After discounts should get around 73k d.quite cheap.
Free service 3 years summore.

TSYouDontKnowMyName
post Nov 9 2014, 02:30 PM

1,184 posts

QUOTE(wtm0325 @ Nov 8 2014, 06:52 PM)

See wat u wan lor...
completely agree with everything you have stated. overall innova is a more refined car smile.gif

although I think the exora's speakers are actually pretty good too. Just that you gotta tweak the equaliser and turn on loudness compensation mode on the head unit.
wtm0325
post Nov 23 2014, 10:33 PM

1,752 posts

to update, already get my innova few days back.. it is really underpower and super slow acceleration, feel very sleepy and boring to drive...

BUT things changed once i drive it manually, switch gear manually between 2, 3, D4, only changed gear when RPM reach 3.5k rpm/min.. car never feel so lively before..

found it is more fuel saving this way where i like to accelerate fast.. compare to put D4 all the way and press pedals to end.. fuel consumption to be updated later... currently 8.3km/liter, very heavy drinker, partly due to my heavy right foot as well, it is my first tank petrol
pciericagp
post Jun 20 2015, 10:00 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

Haha... I prefer 2nd hand Toyota Estima 2.4 VVT-I AERAS (Model: ACR30) although Toyota Innova or Proton Exora Bold was new car

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
heavensea
post Jun 21 2015, 08:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,336 posts

Innova is better if you can afford the higher price.
mactreouser
post Sep 16 2016, 04:46 PM

Regular
1,466 posts

QUOTE(neo1point3 @ Jun 13 2013, 11:00 PM)
Innova more refined

Very sincere reviews, love it!

QUOTE(Yong_5290 @ Jun 13 2013, 11:05 PM)
If you want your ride to be more quiet , sound proof your car floor , no need for fully sound proof , covering up to 70% will different a lot. Next thing is get 3M rubber seal and put arond your car rubber, it will seal off wind sound by A LOT .
This is very good idea, bro! Btw, where you grab the 3M Rubber? Howuch per roll?

QUOTE(joefbi @ Jun 15 2013, 10:50 AM)
only cosmetic on the interior, obviously the seating capacity

bad FC for city driving, fair FC on the highway, btw it's turbos engine, how do u expect to be good as NA engine?

they improved. yes still not very good in NVH, but i dont think got problem on visual e.g paint peeling? no lah...even my brother's new VIOS got tyre bearing problem after few months. all brands got problem, only proton got many haters. they will said 'proton got problem because they make a problematic cars'. but when toyotas car problem, 'oh..that one is lemon unit'

my mum got exora bold premium. i drove it a lot, to terengganu, kedah...dare i tell u, performance wise, i can tapau wish on the hill climb(gunung semanggol, ipoh etc) and tailgating alphard. drove to cameron highland once, can take sharp corners very well, even estima cannot follow.yeah, true story

innova is made base on the same chasis as HILUX (they share the same frame). what do u expect from HILUX handling and comfort? they are offroad vehicles lor

innova is 2.0 while EB is 1.6 which power same as 2.0...my boss already change to EB last year. previously he own toyota UNSER 1.8..he tell me that EB still saving compare to 1.8 UNSER..so, how to compare with 2.0 INNOVA? u figure it out

in term of build quality, i will say toyota wins. but u may check the price. if proton can sell EB near to 100k, i know the build quality will be superb too..

they both group as MPV, as a MPV yes both are reliable, but in term of space, EB 3rd line seat is not suitable for adults and it's luggage capacity may less compare to innova huge chasis
Cool and sincere reviews too! Surprise, EB 3rd line seats so narrow? Innova not so spacious too? Still, the last roll for luggage, really lower capacity than Innova?

ariffred
post Dec 29 2016, 01:23 AM

12 posts

so whts the verdict guys?

i m also in the market for a new mpv

preferbly below RM150k
arza04
post Dec 29 2016, 09:36 AM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(ariffred @ Dec 29 2016, 01:23 AM)

preferbly below RM150k
You want peace of mind? Get innova instead of exora. Not blindly saying, i am exora bold owner. Yes it is nice, it is comfy, powertful but there are few issues need extra attention.

But 150k choose this option lah

Mazda 5 2.0 liter skyactiv (150k)

Nissan Serena S Hybrid (from 130k) wub.gif
amdxp
post Dec 29 2016, 04:44 PM

Getting Started
179 posts

QUOTE(ariffred @ Dec 29 2016, 01:23 AM)

preferbly below RM150k
Nissan Serena is your best bet.