Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Games Destiny of Spirits - PS Vita!, Servers closing on 30th June 2015

views

zororo
post Mar 27 2014, 11:40 AM

Casual
366 posts

QUOTE(terryfu @ Mar 27 2014, 11:00 AM)
Save them up. They are like FIFA Points, or MOL Currency or Bitcoins in the world of Destiny of Spirits.
Yes only online can play. Game won't start if not
Not Hakka Lao any more?
hakka-lao87 is my psn....my psn+ is with us psn....vita cannot support 2...so no choice lo sad.gif
nzj3
post Mar 27 2014, 11:56 AM

Getting Started
56 posts

Server down today right?
graphidz
post Mar 27 2014, 03:55 PM

F.A.T.E
1,408 posts

wait what? maintenance again???
i think should start list of players soon. psn id | game id | region(for trading i think?)

This post has been edited by graphidz: Mar 27 2014, 03:58 PM
TSterryfu
post Mar 27 2014, 05:16 PM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(graphidz @ Mar 27 2014, 03:55 PM)
wait what? maintenance again???
i think should start list of players soon. psn id | game id | region(for trading i think?)
Yup I will add that later in. Already wasted 16 hours on this game (can check in profile). Cleared 5 zones bosses, have 3 SR, maxed out 6 lvls of Rare / Uncommon Spirits.

Btw, Raid mode works like this :

1. There will be an icon on the main screen that says Baptism of Light and will last for 20 days. It will show Exclamation Mark highlighting a boss you can fight depending on which area you explore on the map.

2. Click on the Baptism of Light icon, and you can choose to Start Mission, (similar to other battles). You will fight a boss. My guess is they are Light elements because of the title. So far fought 3 battles. All 3 bosses has 6,000 hp each and classified as Lvl 1. They are accompanied by 2 Lvl 1 light spirits. My lvl 10+ spirits easily sapu them as their damange also minimal except for the boss despite it being lvl 1 spirit but with massive 1000hp

3. The reward is better spirit & summoning stones than normal battle (but not as good as boss battle).

4. you will also get a free spirit (collect under Communication option). So far its common spirits from my 1st 3 battle

5. Also you are given 5 raid points to start and they regenerate every 3-5 mins. (don't waste orbs to buy them).

6. If you reach certain milestone (eg complete 10 battles, etc) you will get bonus stones.

Raiding with friends I never tried (not sure how).
graphidz
post Mar 27 2014, 05:36 PM

F.A.T.E
1,408 posts

i thought the raid points generate every 30mins. might be wrong though

probably you'll get a request to help your friends to finish off the boss. i dunno. will need more playing time.

one thing that was different from any tcg games on mobile phones is the lack of leveling system, where the user gains experience through battle and levels up, gaining extra deck cost limit, deck limit, points, etc. it's a bit of a pain to get the extra perks like deck cost, friends limit, etc where you need to defeat boss in certain area(or random drop?) to get them

well, just hoping this maintenance ends real soon...
Hazelrain
post Mar 27 2014, 05:41 PM

22 posts

Just got the urgent maint notice, not there when i tried at 3pm earlier. I hope they fix the loading time after this maint, really slow this morning.
graphidz
post Mar 27 2014, 05:49 PM

F.A.T.E
1,408 posts

QUOTE(Hazelrain @ Mar 27 2014, 05:41 PM)
Just got the urgent maint notice, not there when i tried at 3pm earlier. I hope they fix the loading time after this maint, really slow this morning.
i wish they can fix the slight lag when you view your cards sweat.gif
and also, are the buttons even functional in the game? so far, seems to be all touch screen. would prefer if it does since pressing the middle of the screen takes some effort for me
TSterryfu
post Mar 27 2014, 06:36 PM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(graphidz @ Mar 27 2014, 05:36 PM)
i thought the raid points generate every 30mins. might be wrong though

probably you'll get a request to help your friends to finish off the boss. i dunno. will need more playing time.

one thing that was different from any tcg games on mobile phones is the lack of leveling system, where the user gains experience through battle and levels up, gaining extra deck cost limit, deck limit, points, etc. it's a bit of a pain to get the extra perks like deck cost, friends limit, etc where you need to defeat boss in certain area(or random drop?) to get them

well, just hoping this maintenance ends real soon...
Is it? I may have read wrongly then. Will check later.

Not sure I see benefit of friends limit yes other than having options for Support spirits which are still random. Deck cost is obviously important (one SR costs 4.5 slots!), and so far after completing 40 areas, my deck cost limit is 10.5 only. That said I never found myself using 5 slots because I don't like the random generation of Spirits on the battlefield. If I can choose when and where they appear (except the 1st leader of course which always is fixed at bottom left corner), that would be more tactically better.

graphidz
post Mar 27 2014, 06:45 PM

F.A.T.E
1,408 posts

QUOTE(terryfu @ Mar 27 2014, 06:36 PM)
Is it? I may have read wrongly then. Will check later.

Not sure I see benefit of friends limit yes other than having options for Support spirits which are still random. Deck cost is obviously important (one SR costs 4.5 slots!), and so far after completing 40 areas, my deck cost limit is 10.5 only. That said I never found myself using 5 slots because I don't like the random generation of Spirits on the battlefield. If I can choose when and where they appear (except the 1st leader of course which always is fixed at bottom left corner), that would be more tactically better.
well, i've only played a bit, so i may be wrong
yeah, support spirits are pretty random and not separated from your friends and non-friends(i think)
dang only that much :shocked:
and yeah, i wish we have the ability to choose which one to come out and fight a la 3-way pokemon fight. at least that's what i expected when i saw those extra slots. hopefully we'll they will enable that function in the future.

feels really like i wanna buy those destiny orbs. it's not THAT expensive and for 10 orbs you get extra 5 cost limit. if the price does not escalate after each purchase, then you might as well get extra 25 deck cost for a mere $4. but i'm worried that it'll be a habit to spend on microtransactions. and the more people buy microtransactions, the more games and earlier we'll see these kinds of stuff in AAA games!
TSterryfu
post Mar 27 2014, 06:49 PM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(graphidz @ Mar 27 2014, 06:45 PM)
well, i've only played a bit, so i may be wrong
yeah, support spirits are pretty random and not separated from your friends and non-friends(i think)
dang only that much :shocked:
and yeah, i wish we have the ability to choose which one to come out and fight a la 3-way pokemon fight. at least that's what i expected when i saw those extra slots. hopefully we'll they will enable that function in the future.

feels really like i wanna buy those destiny orbs. it's not THAT expensive and for 10 orbs you get extra 5 cost limit. if the price does not escalate after each purchase, then you might as well get extra 25 deck cost for a mere $4. but i'm worried that it'll be a habit to spend on microtransactions. and the more people buy microtransactions, the more games and earlier we'll see these kinds of stuff in AAA games!
LOL, so far I used Destiny orbs twice to increase deck limit. I find it more than enough because I can't get enough Rares or Super Rares to even complete half of it. Some more I hardly use common spirits (I only have 2 Uncommons at Max lvl).

Don't waste money, extra spirit just merge and raise levels. If you wanna use the orbs better for spirit limits, I think 20 will do (right now I'm on 36 including those won from bosses). Save it up coz am thinking it will be useful one day in future. (I now have 70 and just keeping it).
graphidz
post Mar 27 2014, 06:54 PM

F.A.T.E
1,408 posts

QUOTE(terryfu @ Mar 27 2014, 06:49 PM)
LOL, so far I used Destiny orbs twice to increase deck limit. I find it more than enough because I can't get enough Rares or Super Rares  to even complete half of it. Some more I hardly use common spirits (I only have 2 Uncommons at Max lvl).

Don't waste money, extra spirit just merge and raise levels. If you wanna use the orbs better for spirit limits, I think 20 will do (right now I'm on 36 including those won from bosses). Save it up coz am thinking it will be useful one day in future. (I now have 70 and just keeping it).
wah so fast got 70 already? do boss drop them also or is it from badge reward? or maybe from beta days?
TSterryfu
post Mar 27 2014, 07:04 PM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(graphidz @ Mar 27 2014, 06:54 PM)
wah so fast got 70 already? do boss drop them also or is it from badge reward? or maybe from beta days?
PS+ gives additional 30 or 35
1st 7 days of launch give 30 or 35 (see earlier post) using code to redeem
Login on 4th & 6th consecutive day gives 10 each day.

Spent 30 on Knack Summoning (got a lousy android soldier which is my first Max Lvl tongue.gif)
SPend 20 on increasing spirit limit.

Balance still got 70 loh smile.gif
graphidz
post Mar 27 2014, 07:17 PM

F.A.T.E
1,408 posts

QUOTE(terryfu @ Mar 27 2014, 07:04 PM)
PS+ gives additional 30 or 35
1st 7 days of launch give 30 or 35 (see earlier post) using code to redeem
Login on 4th & 6th consecutive day gives 10 each day.

Spent 30 on Knack Summoning (got a lousy android soldier which is my first Max Lvl tongue.gif)
SPend 20 on increasing spirit limit.

Balance still got 70 loh smile.gif
oh so you're a MY PS+ user eh. i thought it was weird that you got that much when it only just released the game yesterday sweat.gif
so it's a bonus for PS+ users eh. nice!
TSterryfu
post Mar 27 2014, 07:32 PM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(graphidz @ Mar 27 2014, 07:17 PM)
oh so you're a MY PS+ user eh. i thought it was weird that you got that much when it only just released the game yesterday sweat.gif
so it's a bonus for PS+ users eh. nice!
US don't have?
graphidz
post Mar 28 2014, 12:13 AM

F.A.T.E
1,408 posts

QUOTE(terryfu @ Mar 27 2014, 07:32 PM)
US don't have?
no news about that. if the promo is in the coming days, that's fine. but as of now, no news
graphidz
post Mar 28 2014, 03:11 AM

F.A.T.E
1,408 posts

oh, it seems like each raid points recover every 30mins. and seems like your party is NOT wiped even though you are defeated. niiiice....
Rubypoyo
post Mar 28 2014, 08:22 AM

Casual
374 posts

I found out if you are losing in a battle. Do not push the give up button when the fight is over. It is better to just close the game and re-log back to the game again. Your Spirit Hp will remain just like before the start of the battle. It will save ur time and can rethink back ur strategies on the battle. Note that your will still lose your blue stone that ur spend spend for ur assist.
graphidz
post Mar 28 2014, 10:15 AM

F.A.T.E
1,408 posts

another tip, when trying to merge cards, better to get as much enhancer spirits of the cards at the same time to save cost as the cost for each card to be merged depends on the level of the base spirit
TSterryfu
post Mar 28 2014, 11:41 AM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(graphidz @ Mar 28 2014, 12:13 AM)
no news about that. if the promo is in the coming days, that's fine. but as of now, no news
Europe PS+ has. Nice to see different start screens for each region. You may need to check US PS Blog if they have free codes for destiny orbs (like the one given by Asia)

QUOTE(graphidz @ Mar 28 2014, 03:11 AM)
oh, it seems like each raid points recover every 30mins. and seems like your party is NOT wiped even though you are defeated. niiiice....
Yup ur right smile.gif

QUOTE(graphidz @ Mar 28 2014, 10:15 AM)
another tip, when trying to merge cards, better to get as much enhancer spirits of the cards at the same time to save cost as the cost for each card to be merged depends on the level of the base spirit
LOL, I wish we had a reference manual to determine what;s the best way to optimize merging. I probably wasted tons of spirits and stones to Max out my spirits.
graphidz
post Mar 28 2014, 03:20 PM

F.A.T.E
1,408 posts

QUOTE(Rubypoyo @ Mar 28 2014, 08:22 AM)
I found out if you are losing in a battle. Do not push the give up button when the fight is over. It is better to just close the game and re-log back to the game again. Your Spirit Hp will remain just like before the start of the battle. It will save ur time and can rethink back ur strategies on the battle. Note that your will still lose your blue stone that ur spend spend for ur assist.
i tried this, but ended the game before i was wiped out, and guess what? the party's hp was back to when it originally was!

well, the game needs a lot of optimization and changes. hopefully soon. heck, i can't even find their website, let alone a wikia doh.gif

13 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0235sec    0.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:58 PM