I bring along spoon and fork.
SUSGoldenHorn
post Jun 7 2013, 08:10 PM

Getting Started
274 posts

QUOTE(Dorky @ Jun 7 2013, 08:08 PM)
I bring along spoon and fork.
+1

Fork could be good, if you sharpen it properry..
Proclaimer
post Jun 9 2013, 12:47 AM

Regular
1,150 posts

QUOTE(Mech Warrior 6 @ Jun 7 2013, 06:01 PM)
zero tolerance knife arent meant for the normal average user...
better get those from pasar malam coz it's cheap...
else i recommend the likes of Gerber or CRKT...affordable and reliable..the beginner series....
If the person have the moolah and interest, why not? They would last a lifetime and backed up with lifetime warranty. biggrin.gif

Pasar malam ones too much of a hassle, lose edge quickly and prone to break.

CRKT would be a good choice though. Gerber not so much.
ysc
post Jun 9 2013, 12:57 AM

Enthusiast
857 posts

You guys don't fear being overpowered by the opponent and in turn they use your weapon on you?
heavenly91
post Jun 9 2013, 01:08 AM

Follow One Course Until Successful.
1,717 posts

stay at home then dunnid worry abt robber tongue.gif
conxtion
post Jun 9 2013, 03:27 AM

Getting Started
207 posts

Juz pretend u cannot walk properly, buy RM5 steel walking stick from Daiso and carry it around smile.gif got longer reach, and u won't get arrested. Otherwise carry a strong umbrella. Those little knives only work if you are very near .... by then maybe too late?

FauxHawk
post Jun 9 2013, 04:10 AM

<3
1,338 posts

Used to carry knifes with me, thought it was cool as hell (was childish then), but figured that pen knifes are troublesome coz you need to get the blade out and my butterfly knife and switch blades are pretty much illegal so I stopped. Now I just carry my house keys with some other keys that are sharper than normal.
Mech Warrior 6
post Jun 10 2013, 05:57 PM

Casual
343 posts

QUOTE(Proclaimer @ Jun 9 2013, 12:47 AM)
If the person have the moolah and interest, why not? They would last a lifetime and backed up with lifetime warranty.  biggrin.gif

Pasar malam ones too much of a hassle, lose edge quickly and prone to break.

CRKT would be a good choice though. Gerber not so much.
both CRKT and Gerber got beginner type..so long as u get a quality one...edge retention is superb...

but then again, if someone has the interest on knifes like ZT or Chris Reeves, i bet he would have joined a local knife forum..and from there, he would know the dos and donts with folders in public with possible encounter of meninblue.. wink.gif

in another word, i doubt he need advice from us....he's gonna be as active in knife forum as you and me.. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Mech Warrior 6: Jun 10 2013, 05:57 PM
Proclaimer
post Jun 10 2013, 07:00 PM

Regular
1,150 posts

QUOTE(ysc @ Jun 9 2013, 12:57 AM)
You guys don't fear being overpowered by the opponent and in turn they use your weapon on you?
Of course you need to have basic self defense skills and you need to be confident you can overpower the attacker. But statistically speaking, when you have a knife and the attacker dont, rarely do they want to take that chance. And rarely do you yourself want to go head on in a one one knife fight, cause its not gonna end well for both.

QUOTE(Mech Warrior 6 @ Jun 10 2013, 05:57 PM)
both CRKT and Gerber got beginner type..so long as u get a quality one...edge retention is superb...

but then again, if someone has the interest on knifes like ZT or Chris Reeves, i bet he would have joined a local knife forum..and from there, he would know the dos and donts with folders in public with possible encounter of meninblue.. wink.gif

in another word, i doubt he need advice from us....he's gonna be as active in knife forum as you and me..  tongue.gif
Yeah beginner type is a good way to start the poison. biggrin.gif I myself started with a ZT.

Certain discretion is needed while carrying a knife. Common sense is most needed. biggrin.gif

Some people might not be aware about our local knife community so here might be a good way to lead them the way smile.gif

ysc
post Jun 10 2013, 08:35 PM

Enthusiast
857 posts

QUOTE(Proclaimer @ Jun 10 2013, 07:00 PM)
Of course you need to have basic self defense skills and you need to be confident you can overpower the attacker. But statistically speaking, when you have a knife and the attacker dont, rarely do they want to take that chance. And rarely do you yourself want to go head on in a one one knife fight, cause its not gonna end well for both.
Thing is, in almost all Malaysian robberies, the robbers would have at least a sharp weapon or bat.
wlcling
post Jun 10 2013, 10:02 PM

Hippidy Hoppidy
2,711 posts

hi... i just carry a picture of chuck norris in my wallet
Mech Warrior 6
post Jun 11 2013, 11:21 AM

Casual
343 posts

QUOTE(Proclaimer @ Jun 10 2013, 07:00 PM)
Yeah beginner type is a good way to start the poison. biggrin.gif I myself started with a ZT.

Certain discretion is needed while carrying a knife. Common sense is most needed. biggrin.gif

Some people might not be aware about our local knife community so here might be a good way to lead them the way  smile.gif

wah...richfag! to start with a ZT....
mine was pasar malam rm30 type....until i found out shops that bring in genuine brand...

QUOTE(wlcling @ Jun 10 2013, 10:02 PM)
hi... i just carry a picture of chuck norris in my wallet
yup..that gonna pwn those robbers to shreds...
ocphangaz
post Jun 11 2013, 11:36 AM

Midlife Crysis.
768 posts

you guys think of all the folded blades and concealed weapons... if a guy rushed at you with a parang.. you think got time to take out for self defense mer?

watch youtube for knife attackers... it took less than 1 second for them to attack...
mobileapps
post Jun 11 2013, 11:40 AM

On my way
546 posts

i carry throwing knives. but a over 100bux a piece, i'd rather keep it at home and let them take my 20bux wallet which usually only have 50bux inside.

economics of scale baby. plus nokia 3310 phone which nobody wants, but can use to throw at robber and tumbuk tumbuk him until he mati
mobileapps
post Jun 11 2013, 11:45 AM

On my way
546 posts

QUOTE(ocphangaz @ Jun 11 2013, 11:36 AM)
you guys think of all the folded blades and concealed weapons... if a guy rushed at you with a parang.. you think got time to take out for self defense mer?

watch youtube for knife attackers... it took less than 1 second for them to attack...
rubbish

i watch this youtube many times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bh0MGOsmkY

hand kungfu can easily defeat any knife attacks in 0.01 second.
Proclaimer
post Jun 11 2013, 11:49 AM

Regular
1,150 posts

QUOTE(Mech Warrior 6 @ Jun 11 2013, 11:21 AM)
wah...richfag! to start with a ZT....
mine was pasar malam rm30 type....until i found out shops that bring in genuine brand...
Im not rich, had to save up for months to finally get that ZT. Been molesting few knifes around and i know i would never be satisfied with those knife.

If start with the least favourite, in the end have to waste more money upgrading. Thats what i think la blush.gif

QUOTE(ocphangaz @ Jun 11 2013, 11:36 AM)

This statement really shakehead.gif doh.gif

Common sense dude, common sense. yawn.gif

Attacker with no weapon, you draw out the knife.
Attacker with blunt weapon, you draw out the knife.
Attacker with another knife, surrender or run(unless you damn confident).
Attacker with parang, surrender or run too.

Basic rules.

This post has been edited by Proclaimer: Jun 11 2013, 11:50 AM
SUSs2peMocls
post Jun 11 2013, 11:58 AM

On my way
672 posts

You guys are quite naive to think any weapon that is not a firearm, though is concealed and will fit easily into your pocket, can be used as self defence.

If someone is holding a hammer and you're only holding a box cutter, you WILL lose, unless you have combat experience, and she doesn't.
mobileapps
post Jun 11 2013, 12:04 PM

On my way
546 posts

this one is best.

best weapon is your opponent dont know it is one until its too late
EthanWong
post Jun 11 2013, 12:04 PM

16 posts

user posted image
mobileapps
post Jun 11 2013, 12:05 PM

On my way
546 posts

QUOTE(s2peMocls @ Jun 11 2013, 11:58 AM)
You guys are quite naive to think any weapon that is not a firearm, though is concealed and will fit easily into your pocket, can be used as self defence.

If someone is holding a hammer and you're only holding a box cutter, you WILL lose, unless you have combat experience, and she doesn't.
hammer too heavy, need long sluggish swing to have good impact. meanwhile one can easily sneak his head beside his waste, arms around it and take off his pants and kneel down give opponent blow jobs until he fainted

6 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 >
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0177sec    0.18    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:03 AM